Happy Birthday David Tyree

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Happy Birthday David Tyree

just wanted to alert all my Pats fans friends that today is indeed the annual celebration of the birth of one David Tyree! I know you will want to join me in wishing him a Happy Birthday as I know he holds a special place in Patriots fans hearts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from soxrockursox. Show soxrockursox's posts

Re: Happy Birthday David Tyree

In response to 42AND46's comment:

just wanted to alert all my Pats fans friends that today is indeed the annual celebration of the birth of one David Tyree! I know you will want to join me in wishing him a Happy Birthday as I know he holds a special place in Patriots fans hearts.

a knife in the heart ut happy  day anyways tyree

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Did he get that endorsement contract with Super Glue?  He needed something to do after that most famous one and done career play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

Did he get that endorsement contract with Super Glue?  He needed something to do after that most famous one and done career play.

u gotta admit it was a helluva way to go out!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Another birthday is probably a bitter memory for the man who sold his soul to satan all for 1 catch.

No , literally his family had to perform an exorcism on the poor guy.

Thinking back to the most troubled time in a life filled with troubled times, David Tyree recalls a moment darker than any other.

“Somebody asked me what my name was and I told them, ‘the devil,’ ” Tyree said on ESPN’s “E:60,” which airs on Tuesday. “I can’t make this up. There’s no benefit in me telling the world that basically I was demon-possessed. In my right mind I’m not going to tell anybody I’m the devil.”

Tyree reveals much in a telling and chilling interview, which coincides with the release of his book, “More Than Just the Catch,” written by Tyree and Kimberly Daniels. Tyree details a life filled with drinking, drugs and a descent into mental imbalance before he describes how he turned his life over to God.

As the most unlikely hero of all, Tyree caught a touchdown pass in Super Bowl XLII then made the now-famous catch off the side of his helmet after a desperate scramble by Eli Manning in what is considered the greatest play in Super Bowl history. The incredible grab paved the way for the Giants’ 17-14 upset victory over the Patriots.

Digging into his past, Tyree recalls his traditional postgame ritual growing up in Montclair, N.J.

“After every game I would have a 40-ounce of malt liquor, and then I would uh, have a blunt, which is like a cigar gutted with, you know, with marijuana in it,” Tyree said. “Then I would have half a pint of Jack Daniels.”

That lifestyle followed him to Syracuse University and into the NFL with the Giants, where his lowest moment came when he was pulled over on the George Washington Bridge with a half-pound of marijuana he was planning to sell, landing him in jail.

“That was kind of the first time I actually had a real conversation with God,” Tyree said. “I just cried . . . ‘God I need you, and if you don’t mind, allow me to keep my job.’ ”

Before he turned his life around, Tyree first had to undergo another ordeal. He said he began hearing voices and believed Satan took possession of his soul.

“I remember actually slithering off the couch, you know, stuff that you would pretty much see in movies,” Tyree said. “It was almost like a modern day exorcist without, you know without the green face. . . . Everybody wants to believe in God and heaven and be happy and rejoice, well I’ve been exposed to the darker side of Christianity and spiritual things in general.”

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

where are the Midgets,er giants playing? Maybe in the DiBlassssio Bowl against the NY Misfits which numbers all of NY. What a joke!!!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

Another birthday is probably a bitter memory for the man who sold his soul to satan all for 1 catch.

Thinking back to the most troubled time in a life filled with troubled times, David Tyree recalls a moment darker than any other.

“Somebody asked me what my name was and I told them, ‘the devil,’ ” Tyree said on ESPN’s “E:60,” which airs on Tuesday. “I can’t make this up. There’s no benefit in me telling the world that basically I was demon-possessed. In my right mind I’m not going to tell anybody I’m the devil.”

Tyree reveals much in a telling and chilling interview, which coincides with the release of his book, “More Than Just the Catch,” written by Tyree and Kimberly Daniels. Tyree details a life filled with drinking, drugs and a descent into mental imbalance before he describes how he turned his life over to God.

As the most unlikely hero of all, Tyree caught a touchdown pass in Super Bowl XLII then made the now-famous catch off the side of his helmet after a desperate scramble by Eli Manning in what is considered the greatest play in Super Bowl history. The incredible grab paved the way for the Giants’ 17-14 upset victory over the Patriots.

Digging into his past, Tyree recalls his traditional postgame ritual growing up in Montclair, N.J.

“After every game I would have a 40-ounce of malt liquor, and then I would uh, have a blunt, which is like a cigar gutted with, you know, with marijuana in it,” Tyree said. “Then I would have half a pint of Jack Daniels.”

That lifestyle followed him to Syracuse University and into the NFL with the Giants, where his lowest moment came when he was pulled over on the George Washington Bridge with a half-pound of marijuana he was planning to sell, landing him in jail.

“That was kind of the first time I actually had a real conversation with God,” Tyree said. “I just cried . . . ‘God I need you, and if you don’t mind, allow me to keep my job.’ ”

Before he turned his life around, Tyree first had to undergo another ordeal. He said he began hearing voices and believed Satan took possession of his soul.

“I remember actually slithering off the couch, you know, stuff that you would pretty much see in movies,” Tyree said. “It was almost like a modern day exorcist without, you know without the green face. . . . Everybody wants to believe in God and heaven and be happy and rejoice, well I’ve been exposed to the darker side of Christianity and spiritual things in general.”

he had a troubled life and overcame a lot

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

he isnt dead? damn after that catch i thought his luck on life would've run out....

every second he lives is a miracle... lucky guy

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Yeah jints, sounds like it....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/20/david-tyree-would-trade-his-catch-to-stop-gay-marriage/

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

he isnt dead? damn after that catch i thought his luck on life would've run out....

real class post

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/06/20/david-tyree-would-trade-his-catch-to-stop-gay-marriage/

btw I have little to no use for his political or religious beliefs

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I bet! Hey maybe the giants should have kept this guy. He could have played over Nicks, and maybe got you guys to .500.....if he re-sold his soul to satan that is.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

real class post

funny, coming from a low class interloper such as yourself. Still waiting for the FBI ...to make you look good.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

I bet! Hey maybe the giants should have kept this guy. He could have played over Nicks, and maybe got you guys to .500.....if he re-sold his soul to satan that is.

STILL bitter TC? come on you are better than this....i think

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

real class post

called a joke, but okay

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

real class post

called a joke, but okay

oh ok haha...i owe you one

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

This could be the lamest thread ever on this site... 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

lame is another apt description for the thread originator

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

and where is your Happy Birthday for Mr Tyree?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Hard to believe that there are a handful of posters on this board who respond to this guy and dont think he is a troll.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to melwittss' comment:

Lamest thread by the lamest poster..'cept for one....at least he owns who he is....unlike our most famous NY Jets poster...Jints is hated but respected...not so BUSTER BUST-CHISE

You can respect the worm I'll pass. He is a smarmy troll.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Yeah. Sure. Great if you can ignore the fact that three Giants were holding two Patriots on the play.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to MoreRings' comment:

Hard to believe that there are a handful of posters on this board who respond to this guy and dont think he is a troll.

Perhaps most of those posters are trolls themselves.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts