Happy Sequester Everyone!!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Happy Sequester Everyone!!!

In response to Godvernment's comment:

Hope it doesn't affect you or your loved ones! Go 'Merica! We're #1!

Public housing subsidies: $1.9 billion in cuts would affect 125,000 low-income people who would lose access to vouchers to help them with their rent.

Foreclosure prevention: 75,000 fewer people would receive foreclosure prevention, rental, and homeless counseling services.

Emergency housing: 100,000 formerly homeless people could be removed from their current emergency shelters.

Educational programs: Learning programs for poor kids would see a total of $2.7 billion in cuts. The $400 million slashed from Head Start, the preschool program for poor children, would result in reduced services for some 70,000 kids.

Title I Funding: The Department of Education's Title I program, the biggest federal education program in the country, subsidizes schools that serve more than a million disadvantaged students. It would see $725 million in cuts.

Rural rental assistance: Cuts to the Department of Agriculture would result in the elimination of rental assistance for 10,000 very low-income rural people, most of whom are single women, elderly, or disabled.

Social Security: Although Social Security payments themselves won't be scaled back, cuts to the program would result in a massive backlogging of disability claims.

Unemployment benefits: More than 3.8 million people getting long-term unemployment benefits would see their monthly payments reduced by as much as 9.4 percent, and would lose an average of $400 in benefits over their period of joblessness.

Veterans services: The Transition Assistance Program would be forced to cut back some of the job search and career transition services it provides to 150,000 vets a year.

Nutritional Assistance for Women & Children: The government's main food stamp program is exempt from cuts, but other food programs would take a hit. Some 600,000 women and children would be cut from the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children, which provides nutrition assistance and education.

Special education: $978 million* in cuts would affect 30.7 million children. For example, the scaling back of federal grants to states for students with disabilities would mean that cash-strapped states and districts would have to come up with the salaries for thousands of teachers, aides, and staff that serve special needs kids.

Job training programs: $37 million would be slashed from a job retraining and placement program called Employment Services, and $83 million would be cut from Job Corps, which provides low-income kids with jobs and education.

only good thing is this should be another nail in the GOP's coffin in 2014 and beyond

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

It's disgusting!  

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

The entire goverment ought to be ashamed of themselves!   

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

politicians should be ashamed

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

And my take home pay went down in January.  

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

only good thing is this should be another nail in the GOP's coffin in 2014 and beyond

idk. i think they will turn around and point more fingers at the victims of their (and the democrats together) domestic policies and their ignorant sheep will fall for it. plus this is all happening on a democratic presidents watch and while he is crying wolf and blaming the other side he's the one who signed the bill and never offered any other real option.

i think ur being too clever by half

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Salary cap went up by $2 mil same day. So, see it's not all bad.

This is what I don't get, instead of all the cuts described by the OP, why don't they just cancel all foreign aid? That tells me the government, and yes that means all of 'em, would rather see misery in this country than in some third world backwater, or in some place where they hate America. We got the money to prop up dictators and war lords, but not for people who need help here?

Let's start there and then send Congress on furlough, that'll save a few billion.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I'm supposed to feel sorry for the 5th generation of Welfare Babies?  I got a great idea, if you have no money don't have babies and by no means expect hard working tax payers too support you for your entire life.

Welfare babies already get free housing, food and medical.  It's called Prison.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I love printing money. Those awful billionaires have got nothing on the federal government. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

So, how many of the hundres of thousands who will lose their jobs will be politicians? How many of the politicians (both paties, no one is without blame here) are gona see thier salaries reduced, or their health benefits, or their pensions, or any other perk that they recieve while they completely f**k the rest of us who voted for them? Does any one else think the incumbents should be removed ,so maybe a fresh supply of blood can be infused into this malignant system we embrace as "freedom"? Sorry folks, but the blind who keep putting them back in office  should also accept some of the blame. Sorry for the rant, just sick of people saying it's everone elses fault. I love this country and wouldn't want to live anywhre else, but I'm afraid we are going to lose it to the government. Start writing letters folks! Any one who considers themself "middle class" should see that we are being squeezed out of existence. God Bless America, WE are America...................

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

over 700,000 people expected to be out of a job as a result of this bill

I heard 170 million jobs would be lost.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

You should go start your own blog and leave this forum for talk about football, and good looking woman

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Well, this is what happens when we keep voting the same people in that helped get us in this situation in the first place.  Heck, people don't even understand it was the Obama administration that came up with the sequester.  This president is so teflon, he can look a TV camera in the eye, tell a bold-faced lie, and get this simpleton nation to swear to the lie.  Hey, the majority wanted Democrats running the government and wanted to be dependent on said government - well, you got what you voted for - welcome to liberal America.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Salary cap went up by $2 mil same day. So, see it's not all bad.

This is what I don't get, instead of all the cuts described by the OP, why don't they just cancel all foreign aid? That tells me the government, and yes that means all of 'em, would rather see misery in this country than in some third world backwater, or in some place where they hate America. We got the money to prop up dictators and war lords, but not for people who need help here?

Let's start there and then send Congress on furlough, that'll save a few billion.

how will the US control these nations (especially the oil rich ones) without using a puppet dictator? whenever a rogue foreign leader nationalises their countries resources america responds with coup d'etat.

plus, are you also for ended the $3+ billion per year that goes to israel? to do so would be considered anti-semitism.

We avoid anything to do with those despots and tyrants by exploiting all of the natural resources, oil, gas, coal, nuke, etc. in our own country. Enviro-morons are more concerned with caribou and demonizing fracking and pipelines, than they are about national security. Let Israel and Pakistan and Egypt and all the rest of them figure out their own security. I frankly don't care if they all nuke each other. That'll just leave more for the rest of us.