Happy Sequester Everyone!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Re: Happy Sequester Everyone!!!

Most of us are very aware that the country is in deep doo doo.....but can we please escape this crap and leave this forum for FOOTBALL talk only. Plenty of places online to go rant about your political views and complaints.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

didnt vote for obama for this very reason, nothing is ever going to get done while he is in office because he and the republicans dont see eye to eye.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

If the Gov can't make single % cuts they should be fired. All business owners at some point need to make cuts and find a way to survive. We will be better off as the cuts need to happen. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to gr82bme's comment:

Well, this is what happens when we keep voting the same people in that helped get us in this situation in the first place.  Heck, people don't even understand it was the Obama administration that came up with the sequester.  This president is so teflon, he can look a TV camera in the eye, tell a bold-faced lie, and get this simpleton nation to swear to the lie.  Hey, the majority wanted Democrats running the government and wanted to be dependent on said government - well, you got what you voted for - welcome to liberal America.

So sad and true. We (not me) in this great country voted this guy in and kept many, on both sides , in office. I vote for real change and if that means I or we as a country need to go through some pain in the short term to fix the long term..........count me in. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The separation of powers concept no longer works in the US. I suggest radically amending the constituion and becoming a parliamentary democracy where the winning party controls both the legislature and the executive.  With divided government you can't get anything done, either good or bad.  It's a disaster and I'm afraid it is going to ruin the country.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

The separation of powers concept no longer works in the US. I suggest radically amending the constituion and becoming a parliamentary democracy where the winning party controls both the legislature and the executive.  With divided government you can't get anything done, either good or bad.  It's a disaster and I'm afraid it is going to ruin the country.

Interesting concept, but it isn't the two parties ruining the government - it's us.  The progressive-liberal dream has been realized.  The citizens have spoken, and they want the government to try to guarantee economic outcomes, pick and choose what rights we're "allowed" to have, tax those who produce and redistribute to those that don't - for their entire lifetimes, then look us in the eye and call it progress.  Nope - it's hogwash, but based on who is winning elections - the country has screamed their desires - more of goverment, less from ourselves.  And our children's future?  Who cares, we won't be around to pay the bill so give, give, give - we're not sacrificing the pain required of cleaning up our, yes - our mess because our "leaders" are too busy trying to purchase votes by promising more, more, more - even though those producing are doing so less, less, and less.  Simple math really.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to gr82bme's comment:

Interesting concept, but it isn't the two parties ruining the government - it's us.  The progressive-liberal dream has been realized.  The citizens have spoken, and they want the government to try to guarantee economic outcomes, pick and choose what rights we're "allowed" to have, tax those who produce and redistribute to those that don't - for their entire lifetimes, then look us in the eye and call it progress.  Nope - it's hogwash, but based on who is winning elections - the country has screamed their desires - more of goverment, less from ourselves.  And our children's future?  Who cares, we won't be around to pay the bill so give, give, give - we're not sacrificing the pain required of cleaning up our, yes - our mess because our "leaders" are too busy trying to purchase votes by promising more, more, more - even though those producing are doing so less, less, and less.  Simple math really.

^^^^ great post! 

Nothing will change until we really hit bottom. The day is coming and it's our kids that will pay that price. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Thanks for the thread God. Managed to put about 5+ people on ignore after reading through this. Some real geniuses populating this thread.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

I have move past the fear of the sequester. I wish the cuts would be better thought out but hey at least they are fair. We need to cut and shrink government spending this is not the best way to do it but has to be done. Don't blame the republicans without blaming Obama. He was for the sequester. The sad thing is that they will eventually correct this by just raising taxes and very little cuts in spending.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

The founders didn't want comprise. They want gridlock which would allow for only truly meaningful legistation to be passed with overwhelming majority support. The separation of powers is working exactly the way it was attended.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

The founders didn't want comprise. They want gridlock which would allow for only truly meaningful legistation to be passed with overwhelming majority support. The separation of powers is working exactly the way it was attended.

Good post - and so true!  Then again, the founding fathers couldn't have envisioned 99% of what this country is at present.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The founders didn't want gridlock.  They wanted sensible policymaking. But regardless of what they wanted back in 1789, it behooves Americans to figure out what works in 2013. We aren't living in 1789 anymore.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

Hope it doesn't affect you or your loved ones! Go 'Merica! We're #1!

Public housing subsidies: $1.9 billion in cuts would affect 125,000 low-income people who would lose access to vouchers to help them with their rent.

Foreclosure prevention: 75,000 fewer people would receive foreclosure prevention, rental, and homeless counseling services.

Emergency housing: 100,000 formerly homeless people could be removed from their current emergency shelters.

Educational programs: Learning programs for poor kids would see a total of $2.7 billion in cuts. The $400 million slashed from Head Start, the preschool program for poor children, would result in reduced services for some 70,000 kids.

Title I Funding: The Department of Education's Title I program, the biggest federal education program in the country, subsidizes schools that serve more than a million disadvantaged students. It would see $725 million in cuts.

Rural rental assistance: Cuts to the Department of Agriculture would result in the elimination of rental assistance for 10,000 very low-income rural people, most of whom are single women, elderly, or disabled.

Social Security: Although Social Security payments themselves won't be scaled back, cuts to the program would result in a massive backlogging of disability claims.

Unemployment benefits: More than 3.8 million people getting long-term unemployment benefits would see their monthly payments reduced by as much as 9.4 percent, and would lose an average of $400 in benefits over their period of joblessness.

Veterans services: The Transition Assistance Program would be forced to cut back some of the job search and career transition services it provides to 150,000 vets a year.

Nutritional Assistance for Women & Children: The government's main food stamp program is exempt from cuts, but other food programs would take a hit. Some 600,000 women and children would be cut from the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children, which provides nutrition assistance and education.

Special education: $978 million* in cuts would affect 30.7 million children. For example, the scaling back of federal grants to states for students with disabilities would mean that cash-strapped states and districts would have to come up with the salaries for thousands of teachers, aides, and staff that serve special needs kids.

Job training programs: $37 million would be slashed from a job retraining and placement program called Employment Services, and $83 million would be cut from Job Corps, which provides low-income kids with jobs and education.

Gov't needs to go on a diet like the rest of the country which is 68% over weight and 38% obese

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NESportnut. Show NESportnut's posts

In response to ASO9771's comment:

I love it! Thank you!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

The founders didn't want gridlock.  They wanted sensible policymaking. But regardless of what they wanted back in 1789, it behooves Americans to figure out what works in 2013. We aren't living in 1789 anymore.

Gridlock is fine if you don't go through long periods of lets pass everything before the other party takes over. We had that under Bush and under Obama. I would say those two periods were much worse than what is going on now. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:

Thanks for the thread God. Managed to put about 5+ people on ignore after reading through this. Some real geniuses populating this thread.

I wonder if I made the list......... 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Hey, the budget got cut.  It was always going to be painful, but at least now it's spread out.  The only people who get REALLY screwed are the returning or returned Veterans, who suffered while deployed for years and now aren't going to get the help or employment they deserve.  THAT makes me sick.  All the rest of it?  Whatever.  This thing has made a mess out of almost everyone, I had to switch careers and took a 1/3 pay cut to start over.  That's the way things are.  Raise taxes, cut the budget, move forward.  It's NEVER going to be fun, popular or easy.  The best part of this whole mess is Congress in now out of it, and hopefully can move forward in some type of meaningful way.  I do think much of the problem started with the injection of the Tea Party into the political arena, they seem hell bent on being extremist and are keeping the more sane members of the republican party from being heard.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

YOU, SIR, just said a mouthful.  From gun control to gay rights to immigration, we need to do what makes sense NOW.  If we just did what the founders wanted, we'd still have slaves.  

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts