Happy Sequester Everyone!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Re: Happy Sequester Everyone!!!

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

GDP: 2009, -3.5%;2010, 2.9%; 2011,1.8%; 2012,2.2%. I was wrong on the 3 years it was 2 years after about a trillion in stimulus spending. The Senate was in session when Obama made his "recess appointments" and Appeals Court has so ruled.  The Pipeline is Obama kissing up to the Greens. He has already said he wants $7-8 gasoline. I have provided facts. You have provided opinion backed by blather including insulting my intelligence and integrity that is typical of Obamites.

So you admit you were wrong about the GDP.  Now why don't you go off and try to find where Obama said he wanted gasoline to cost $7 to $8 per gallon?  You'll find out once again that the "facts" you provided aren't really "facts."  

Again, you're accusing Obama of being a "congenital liar," but if someone is repeating untruths, it seems to be you.  You may not be a liar, but if you're not, then you're just ill-informed. Either way, your arguments aren't very convincing. 

Instead of addressing the facts I presented you come with more blather. Present facts contradicting those that I presented regarding the appointments to the NLRB,the sequester pain he wants to inflict on the country; the slower than normal economic recovery; his expressed desire for $7-8 gasoline; his comment about those "people that cling to their guns and religion";his promise to cut the federal debt by 1/2 before he left office; etc. Either bring or skulk off and be quiet.

Please, just provide some proof of your claim that he said he wants gas prices to increase to $7 to $8 per gallon. You say you are presenting facts, but you're not. I find no reference at all to Obama ever saying he wanted gas prices to rise that high. If he did, prove it. If you can't prove it, then please don't tell me you're stating facts when all you're doing is repeating unsubstantiated right-wing talking points.

more nothing from you. you not addressed one item. I'll see if I can find Obama's gas comments. THey were made a few years back. Again, see you can refute some of my facts and not be dismissive with out anything but opinion!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

more nothing from you. you not addressed one item. I'll see if I can find Obama's gas comments. THey were made a few years back. Again, see you can refute some of my facts and not be dismissive with out anything but opinion!

Find the gas comments and we can see if they are any more accurate than your GDP comments. So far I'm batting 2 for 2 and you're 0 for 2.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

GDP: 2009, -3.5%;2010, 2.9%; 2011,1.8%; 2012,2.2%. I was wrong on the 3 years it was 2 years after about a trillion in stimulus spending. The Senate was in session when Obama made his "recess appointments" and Appeals Court has so ruled.  The Pipeline is Obama kissing up to the Greens. He has already said he wants $7-8 gasoline. I have provided facts. You have provided opinion backed by blather including insulting my intelligence and integrity that is typical of Obamites.

So you admit you were wrong about the GDP.  Now why don't you go off and try to find where Obama said he wanted gasoline to cost $7 to $8 per gallon?  You'll find out once again that the "facts" you provided aren't really "facts."  

Again, you're accusing Obama of being a "congenital liar," but if someone is repeating untruths, it seems to be you.  You may not be a liar, but if you're not, then you're just ill-informed. Either way, your arguments aren't very convincing. 

Instead of addressing the facts I presented you come with more blather. Present facts contradicting those that I presented regarding the appointments to the NLRB,the sequester pain he wants to inflict on the country; the slower than normal economic recovery; his expressed desire for $7-8 gasoline; his comment about those "people that cling to their guns and religion";his promise to cut the federal debt by 1/2 before he left office; etc. Either bring or skulk off and be quiet.

the obama supporters are just like obama himself. always trying to deflect the blame elsewhere....ive never seen a president blame his mess on his predecessor as this guy does. now, bush was awful, but the man promised change, and well there hasnt been much "change". different guy in the white house, same old bullsh.it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Well, the problem is pretty clear . . . a bad economy. I'm not sure you can completely blame any particular President for that.  Ultimately, the economy needs good jobs and while there's a lot of people who want to blame one party or the other for the loss of good jobs in the US, the biggest reason for the decline in good jobs seems to me to be competition with Asia.  Too many of the good manufacturing jobs have moved offshore to cheaper producing nations like China and India and, except for temporary high-tech booms in the 80s and again in the 90s, nothing seems to have successfully stemmed the tide. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

It's scary when Rusty and I agree so completely. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

It's not that scary. You're intelligent. I am intelligent. The difference is, I don't wear autographed Brady underwear on my head when I post. hehe

No, that's right.  When you post, you've got those "BB is the Greatest GM in History" undies on your head  . . . :-)

Whatever we might disagree on in football, at least I don't have to worry about what you do in the voting booth . . . 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

China is one scary country.  They the manufacturing floor for the world, undercutting competitors everywhere through ruthless business tactics, but there is more to it than that.  I am not an alarmist, but anyone who isn't even a bit scared of what China's continued emergence on the global scene means for the rest of the planet is blissfully ignorant.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Cant believe this dumb thread is still alive. Almost as bad as the Tebow thread from last year that ran up over 600 posts and absolutely refused to die.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

It's not that scary. You're intelligent. I am intelligent. The difference is, I don't wear autographed Brady underwear on my head when I post. hehe

No, that's right.  When you post, you've got those "BB is the Greatest GM in History" undies on your head  . . . :-)

Whatever we might disagree on in football, at least I don't have to worry about what you do in the voting booth . . . 

I wear my "BB is the best coach and GM of all time" underwear IN the voting booth. Brings good luck.

Ha . . . just as long as you're not wearing them on your head

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

China is one scary country.  They the manufacturing floor for the world, undercutting competitors everywhere through ruthless business tactics, but there is more to it than that.  I am not an alarmist, but anyone who isn't even a bit scared of what China's continued emergence on the global scene means for the rest of the planet is blissfully ignorant.

Agree, but I also don't get what their main goal is either.  As much as they have control, we're still their best customer.

I actually see S. America and Central America becoming more and more like a China in the next 20 years, where China won't have as much leverage as they do now. At least, I hope. It should balance back out. The question is what happens in the next 20 years.

They play by different rules.  In a previous role I had, they would actually come in to do deals with a translator and a suitcase full of cash or checkbook. Some people I'd buy from would fall for their higher quotes, and the cash idea, but they'd get burned on the back end, so I was able to pass on business, but only to keep it in the long term.

It just depended on what the business owner wanted.  They're a very weird culture. Steeped in very, very old traditions, meshing it with Communism and this faux Capitalism.

They play by their rules.  Their goal, as a country with limited natural resources to fuel their economy, is to play the role of usurper and to colonise, either through force or through economics, countries or governments who are corrupt or who are exploitable.  No regard for the environment, the world around them, or honourable business dealings.  Scary stuff.    

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Labour and other costs are rising pretty fast in China, so some of the advantages they've had may weaken.  I also think the rising middle class there is going to start demanding some changes in the way the country is governed. We'll see what happens.  In the meantime, I wish American business leaders were a bit more interested in investing at home rather than in trying to maximize every possible cost saving by offshoring jobs.  Yes, I know that's not really how business works anymore, but wouldn't it be nice to have just a little national pride? Germany seems to be good at that as their manufacturing economy remains quite robust in the face of Asian competition. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Labour and other costs are rising pretty fast in China, so some of the advantages they've had may weaken.  I also think the rising middle class there is going to start demanding some changes in the way the country is governed. We'll see what happens.  In the meantime, I wish American business leaders were a bit more interested in investing at home rather than in trying to maximize every possible cost saving by offshoring jobs.  Yes, I know that's not really how business works anymore, but ouldn't it be nice to have just a little national pride? Germany seems to be good at that as their manufacturing economy remains quite robust in the face of Asian competition. 

True, the expanding middle class could be a game changer in more than a few ways.  I don't think the Chinese government can predict what the country's future really holds given the rise in affluence and education of Chinese citizens.  

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Find the gas comments and we can see if they are any more accurate than your GDP comments. So far I'm batting 2 for 2 and you're 0 for 2.

In 2008 Steven Chu, Obama's energy advisor [later Sec. Energy] told the WSJ "some how we have to figure out how to boost the price of gas to the levels in Europe" which were $ 7-10 /gal.  Obama in an interview with Steve Harwood on MSNBC AGREED with Chu that rising prices would be a good thing. He preferred "a gradual adjustment " in pricing as opposed to a spike.

Check it on on GOOGLE,if you can handle the truth. If not, please do me a favor and don't respond to me in the future and/or place me on ignore. I do not wish to waste time. Time is what life is made of and I can always get more money but I can not get more time.

As to you being 2 for 2 and me being 0-2 you are simply delusional as most Obamites are.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to noncallcity's comment:

What makes you guys think the government is running things? 

^this

You people need to turn off the TV

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In 2008 Steven Chu, Obama's energy advisor [later Sec. Energy] told the WSJ "some how we have to figure out how to boost the price of gas to the levels in Europe" which were $ 7-10 /gal.  Obama in an interview with Steve Harwood on MSNBC AGREED with Chu that rising prices would be a good thing. He preferred "a gradual adjustment " in pricing as opposed to a spike.

Check it on on GOOGLE,if you can handle the truth. If not, please do me a favor and don't respond to me in the future and/or place me on ignore. I do not wish to waste time. Time is what life is made of and I can always get more money but I can not get more time.

As to you being 2 for 2 and me being 0-2 you are simply delusional as most Obamites are.

the whole mess we are in may not be ALL obama's fault, but you have to be pretty delusional to think he has come close to doing the things he promised to do upon election. i guess some viewed obama as the lesser of two evils vs romney, which is fine i suppose. but if people tell you they went in to vote for obama thinking he accomplished alot in his first term, they would just be flat out lying. Its all about money, democrats think that their party is less greedy than the republicans because dems are all about marketing to the middle class, that couldnt be farther from the truth.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

he invited them to a dinner.......choice of sea bass or filet mignon........how's that economy working for you???

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I knew you'd bring up Chu's comments.  Chu isn't Obama and the way the right wing has positioned Chu's comments is not very accurate.  You can read all about it here:

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/03/obama-wanted-higher-gasoline-prices/

I'm still 2 for 2 and you're still 0 for 2 on this issue.