1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Re: Happy Sequester Everyone!!!

In response to TSWFAN's comment:

In response to dreighver's comment:

let see,white trash OBAMA said:

he would cut the debt in half by the end of his 1st term.

unemployment would never get to 8% if we passed 870 billion in spending.

he wanted gasoline to get to $7-8/gal

heaped destain on " those people that cling to their guns and religion"

made 3 illegal appointments to the NLB

refuses to approve the Nebraska pipeline

denies children access to the White House while living large with Tiger Woods.

Well, you see, it's sort of difficult to take anything you say seriously when you preface your poorly written list with "white trash OBAMA".

He is white/black trash with no redeeming qualities as President. He has neither the credentials, courage, or conscience to be President. As CIC has been AWOL and should be tried for desertion. I'll allow he has done one thing that I thought was impossible; he has made Jimmy Carter look good. I 'm serious you are delusional

Again, little substance, lots of fluff and ad hominems. Not terribly surprising considering the source. 

Given your definition of Obama, would it be fair to label President George W. Bush as "white trash"? Would you take issue with someone doing that? I certainly think President Bush had a rather unimpressive 8-years in office, but I would never call him "white trash" simply because I disagreed with his decisions and ideology. 

Whether you like it or not, Barack Obama was reelected as our President -- our LEADER. You don't have to agree with him at every turn, but if you accepted what is and worked to make the situation better, you'd get a helluva lot more done than sitting around calling him "white/black trash".

As I said, I wasn't a fan of Bush, but I never once questioned his intentions. I often thought his decisions weren't in the best interest of the country, but I never once questioned his motive(s). I believed deep down that President Bush was doing what HE thought was best. It didn't always match what I thought was best, but that's life. He was elected fairly (at least the second time around) and he therefore had the right to make the decisions he saw fit. Did I want him to be our president? Nope. But he was, and I had to accept that and work as best as I could to make our country a better place given the circumstances. 

To be entirely honest, I'm not exactly a huge Obama fan myself. I believe(d) him to be the better alternative to Romney, but that doesn't mean I like his policies. In fact, I'd prefer someone more liberal (Ralph Nader is my dream candidate, but that has a snowball's chance in hell of happening).

But back to the point -- get over it and move on. No one is saying you have to love Obama, but a little bit of positive thinking, a little bit of positive action, and the burial of this "Obama hates the country and is attempting to ruin it" mindset, could do a lot of good. 

If you truly believe Obama is attempting to send the country to hell and back again, then that's on you, but you couldn't be further from the truth.

OBAMA is a congential liar. I abhor liars and therefore despise him.

Unfortunately President Bush did his fair share of lying, or should I say "bending of the truth" as well. 

You might despise liars, but you certainly seem to have a soft-spot for those with double-standards.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

Well, you see, it's sort of difficult to take anything you say seriously when you preface your poorly written list with "white trash OBAMA".

He is white/black trash with no redeeming qualities as President. He has neither the credentials, courage, or conscience to be President. As CIC has been AWOL and should be tried for desertion. I'll allow he has done one thing that I thought was impossible; he has made Jimmy Carter look good. I 'm serious you are delusional

Obama inherited the worst landscape since 1933's FDR. A Depression he inherited, a recession that gets ignored by historians in 1937 and this thing called World War II. Not good.   Not even close. I'd say Reagan got a bad hand, but he was leading in an easier era, too.

Look at the cluster Fs he absorbed due to a wild, no regulated decade of the 2000s and a complex global economy.

A leader leads with rational thought and decision making not tied to public opinion, which is what Obama has done. So, please don't be an idiot and claim he's not a leader. You can disagree with policy, but you look dumb claiming he's not a leader.

Congress has been a disgrace.   They're destroying the country.

Obama could not lead me or anyone thru a Chinese whorehouse with a 100 lb of rice!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Obama inherited the worst landscape since 1933's FDR. A Depression he inherited, a recession that gets ignored by historians in 1937 and this thing called World War II. Not good.   Not even close. I'd say Reagan got a bad hand, but he was leading in an easier era, too.

Look at the cluster Fs he absorbed due to a wild, no regulated decade of the 2000s and a complex global economy.

A leader leads with rational thought and decision making not tied to public opinion, which is what Obama has done. So, please don't be an idiot and claim he's not a leader. You can disagree with policy, but you look dumb claiming he's not a leader.

Obama could not lead me or anyone thru a Chinese whorehouse with a 100 lb of rice!!!

Yet again, absolutely nothing of substance or intellectual value in this post... or any of your other posts in this thread.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Again, little substance, lots of fluff and ad hominems. Not terribly surprising considering the source. 

Given your definition of Obama, would it be fair to label President George W. Bush as "white trash"? Would you take issue with someone doing that? I certainly think President Bush had a rather unimpressive 8-years in office, but I would never call him "white trash" simply because I disagreed with his decisions and ideology. 

Whether you like it or not, Barack Obama was reelected as our President -- our LEADER. You don't have to agree with him at every turn, but if you accepted what is and worked to make the situation better, you'd get a helluva lot more done than sitting around calling him "white/black trash".

As I said, I wasn't a fan of Bush, but I never once questioned his intentions. I often thought his decisions weren't in the best interest of the country, but I never once questioned his motive(s). I believed deep down that President Bush was doing what HE thought was best. It didn't always match what I thought was best, but that's life. He was elected fairly (at least the second time around) and he therefore had the right to make the decisions he saw fit. Did I want him to be our president? Nope. But he was, and I had to accept that and work as best as I could to make our country a better place given the circumstances. 

To be entirely honest, I'm not exactly a huge Obama fan myself. I believe(d) him to be the better alternative to Romney, but that doesn't mean I like his policies. In fact, I'd prefer someone more liberal (Ralph Nader is my dream candidate, but that has a snowball's chance in hell of happening).

But back to the point -- get over it and move on. No one is saying you have to love Obama, but a little bit of positive thinking, a little bit of positive action, and the burial of this "Obama hates the country and is attempting to ruin it" mindset, could do a lot of good. 

If you truly believe Obama is attempting to send the country to hell and back again, then that's on you, but you couldn't be further from the truth.

OBAMA is a congential liar. I abhor liars and therefore despise him.

Unfortunately President Bush did his fair share of lying, or should I say "bending of the truth" as well. 

You might despise liars, but you certainly seem to have a soft-spot for those with double-standards.

The double standard is the Press and Media!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Yet again, absolutely nothing of substance or intellectual value in this post... or any of your other posts in this thread.

that is your opinion!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

This back and forth is funny... that most of you think there is any difference between a Democrat or Republican is even funnier... and the joke is on you.

Amen Woz.  Keep pumping that MSM media rhetoric, sheeple.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

If the primary problem was the economy, why did Obama spend so much time and political capitol on healthcare? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

If the primary problem was the economy, why did Obama spend so much time and political capitol on healthcare? 

Healthier people lead to a better economy. For people to be able to work effectively they must be physically capable of doing so. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Healthier people lead to a better economy. For people to be able to work effectively they must be physically capable of doing so. 

But that would have required the president to focus on health and not health insurance. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Because fat people who buy 10 pizzas for 10 dollars at Walmart are helping to drive healthcare costs up.  Been going on for years. Decades. 

Go to Europe and you'll see healthier people, local farms supported and barely any fast food options. Here, go to any town and there's a gazillion fast food options for fat people, many of them poor. It's irresonsible and to some degree, abuse.

We need to educate the population on facts. Scientific facts.

Healthcare is a multi facted issue and happens to be tied heavily to our economy. It's tied to energy, medicine, technology, etc.

The reduction of these costs, similar to car insurance and keeping people insured, helps keep costs down.

It's called being fiscally responsible. 

Glad I could help.

So health insurance makes people healthier?  Or do healthy habits make people healthier?   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The cost of healthcare is a huge economic problem in the US.  Obama was wise to address the issue.  I'm not sure if the solution we ended up with (Obama's version of the Romney plan) really will solve the cost issues, but you really know nothing about the American economy if you can't recognize the economic significance of the cost of healthcare in the US. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In response to gr82bme's comment:

Rusty:

"A leader leads with rational thought and decision making not tied to public opinion."  I absolutely agree, but

"which is what Obama has done."  I absolutely disagree with that.  If that was the case, why does he and his administration spend nearly all of their time engage in class warfare and blamming the last administration for our country's ills.

"so, please don't be an idiot and claim he's not a leader."  So anyone who doesn't think he's an effective leader is an "idiot" or "dumb?"  I'm surprised you left out "racist." Obama won about 51-53% of the vote - so am I to assume you believe the remaining 49-47% who voted differently are idiots?

Look, if you want to believe that you're certainly entitled to your opinion - and I won't call you an "idiot" for it.  I just wish you and folks that think as you do would recripricate the courteousy - because if that were to happen, perhaps, just perhaps things could be worked out.

Did you not just hound me in an earlier post for calling out TSWFAN for using the term "white trash". You then went on to talk about the message, not the delivery, and how politcal-correctness is ruining the country -- the truth is what should prevail.

Whether or not Obama is a good leader is obviously subjective, but I do find it rather odd that you would hammer Rusty for a lack of courteousy after your aforementioned statement on political correctness and delivery. 

I sincerely doubt the 47%-49% are idiots, but they're certainly a bunch of moochers who live off government welfare.

I think you'd be well served to go back and read that post.  If you think that I think that the 47-49% are moochers you obviously misread my post.  With respect to "hounding" you about political correctness?  Again, re-read my post to the contrary.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

This is a very fair article on spending under Obama. 

http://www.factcheck.org/2012/06/obamas-spending-inferno-or-not/

Maybe it will make some people think a bit deeper about their preconceived opinions.  Then again, maybe not. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

The cost of healthcare is a huge economic problem in the US.  Obama was wise to address the issue.  I'm not sure if the solution we ended up with (Obama's version of the Romney plan) really will solve the cost issues, but you really know nothing about the American economy if you can't recognize the economic significance of the cost of healthcare in the US. 

I agree he was wise to address an issue that needing addressing - I just don't think he has the solution.  Also, if his plan was that could, why is he and congress exempt, why were big-Union donators exempt, and if you research, you'll find out that Senators Pelosi and Boxer basically exempted (via waiver) a ton of their constituents.  So, three of the leglation's biggest supporters are leading by the "do as I say, not as I do" method.  What's also not talked about very much is the tax implications (and they are taxes).  On top of that, name me one entity that the government runs efficiently with a mind towards costs-per-product delivery versus wasteful spending?  Do you think Obamacare will be any different?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I've tried to refrain from posting in this thread simply because I don't belive it should be here to begin with.  However, there are a couple of comments that I would like to offer.

1) Factcheck.org is about as fair, objective and impartial as anything you'll find in the public domain.  They are just as likely to debunk a claim from a Democrat as they are from a Republican

2) If you take a look here

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPDLogin?application=np

you'll see that each side of the aisle is equally responsible for the national debt.  Simply check out the national debt by year starting with the Reagan administration (January 1981). 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to gr82bme's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I agree he was wise to address an issue that needing addressing - I just don't think he has the solution.  Also, if his plan was that could, why is he and congress exempt, why were big-Union donators exempt, and if you research, you'll find out that Senators Pelosi and Boxer basically exempted (via waiver) a ton of their constituents.  So, three of the leglation's biggest supporters are leading by the "do as I say, not as I do" method.  What's also not talked about very much is the tax implications (and they are taxes).  On top of that, name me one entity that the government runs efficiently with a mind towards costs-per-product delivery versus wasteful spending?  Do you think Obamacare will be any different?

I'm not sure the Obama plan (which is very similar to Romney's Massachusetts plan) will work to reduce costs.  In fact, I'm quite skeptical of any program that relies so much on private, for-profit health providers and health insurance.  That aside, though, what are your objections to the actual provisions of the bill?  The things you quote (Congress is exempt) are silly objections that don't make any sense.  You do know what the bill does, don't you?  At its most basic, it (1) requires all Americans to get health insurance and (2) creates a few new programs that make it easier for Americans currently without health insurance to get it.  Government employees are "exempted" because they already have health insurance through existing government plans.  Duh.  

With Obamacare, most healthcare continues to be provided via the private sector.  The government doesn't provide healthcare through the plan. It simply mandates that all Americans get health insurance and creates ways for them to purchase it from private sources (via the healthcare exchanges) or get it through a (slightly) expanded Medicare program. It remains private healthcare.  Maybe unfortunately . . .

Sections
Shortcuts