HAPPY THANKSGIVING, FRIENDS!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, FRIENDS!!

This is the time of year when I miss New England the most. The fall folliage in late September-October, taking to the residential streets on a brisk Halloween night, Thanksgiving in a place where it was actually born...where the trees are plentiful and "real", and Christmas...the whiter the better.

Enjoy, my friends. Don't take the "little things" for granted. 

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!!  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING, FRIENDS!!

Nice thread, Tex.

I was on the production floor at work earlier this week, and one of our machinists, who is from Ethiopia and had no idea why he was getting two days off this week, asked me where Thanksgiving comes from and -- wonder of wonders -- I was actually able to tell him.

It made me feel pretty good to be able to explain to him why we took the day, and what we were thankful for, and I had to smile a little when he said, in response, "Back home we celebrate only religious holidays."

He didn't get it at all, and that was actually okay.
    Maybe one day he will.

Have a great day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to HAPPY THANKSGIVING, FRIENDS!!:
    [QUOTE]     This is the time of year when I miss New England the most. The fall folliage in late September-October, taking to the residential streets on a brisk Halloween night, Thanksgiving in a place where it was actually born...where the trees are plentiful and "real", and Christmas...the whiter the better.        Enjoy, my friends. Don't take the "little things" for granted.       Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!!  
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

I hear that, Texas. Orange county is a long way from New Hampshire. When I get to missing it, I just remember myself writing checks for heating oil every two weeks and slogging through snow and slush 4 or 5 months of the year.

Today is another 70 degree, perfect, sunny day in southern california. One more thing I have to give thanks for. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

In Response to Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING, FRIENDS!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to HAPPY THANKSGIVING, FRIENDS!! : I hear that, Texas. Orange county is a long way from New Hampshire. When I get to missing it, I just remember myself writing checks for heating oil every two weeks and slogging through snow and slush 4 or 5 months of the year. Today is another 70 degree, perfect, sunny day in southern california. One more thing I have to give thanks for. 
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

When I'm freezing my @ss off on the prairie six months a year, I always make sure to give thanks for the lack of wildfires and earthquakes.

None of which protects me from the damn toradoes . . .
    Yell

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Tex:
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and everybody here. I soak my turkey in a brine for 3 days and then smoke it on the BBQ. We have 23 this year. Have a great day.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to HAPPY THANKSGIVING, FRIENDS!! : I hear that, Texas. Orange county is a long way from New Hampshire. When I get to missing it, I just remember myself writing checks for heating oil every two weeks and slogging through snow and slush 4 or 5 months of the year. Today is another 70 degree, perfect, sunny day in southern california. One more thing I have to give thanks for. 
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

Yep...I don't miss the snow either...except on Christmas Eve. Getting a bit off topic here, but I'd be interested in knowing what types of things are being said about USC and Pete Carroll...since the Trojans are an also-ran in the Pac10 this season...as they soldier through an uncharacteristic three loss season?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from LifeTimePat. Show LifeTimePat's posts

Favorite holiday of the year!  Took the kids to Plymouth this summer to show them where it all started....

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Yup, I miss New England myself.  The weather is great in SoCal.  I am in a little winery town, but I'm still considering moving back to the area in a couple of years.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

[QUOTE]Nice thread, Tex. I was on the production floor at work earlier this week, and one of our machinists, who is from Ethiopia and had no idea why he was getting two days off this week, asked me where Thanksgiving comes from and -- wonder of wonders -- I was actually able to tell him. It made me feel pretty good to be able to explain to him why we took the day, and what we were thankful for, and I had to smile a little when he said, in response, "Back home we celebrate only religious holidays." He didn't get it at all, and that was actually okay. Maybe one day he will. Have a great day.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]
    How exactly did you explain to the Ethiopian what Thanksgiving is? Did you say after the indians saved the colonists from starving, they ate turkey and sang kumbaya? Or, did you give the PC version? After the native americans saved the invaders from starvation, the invaders murdered the natives and stole their land. Just wondering?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Feliz día de acción de gracias...
    Happy Thanksgiving day...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING, FRIENDS!! : How exactly did you explain to the Ethiopian what Thanksgiving is? Did you say after the indians saved the colonists from starving, they ate turkey and sang kumbaya? Or, did you give the PC version? After the native americans saved the invaders from starvation, the invaders murdered the natives and stole their land. Just wondering?
    Posted by tartarus12[/QUOTE]

Was it really necessary to post this?  What a dog in a manger. I hope everyone has a great day.  No snow in Boston though.  Go Pats!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.  Enjoy the day!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING, FRIENDS!! : Was it really necessary to post this?  What a dog in a manger. I hope everyone has a great day.  No snow in Boston though.  Go Pats!
    Posted by LuvsThosePats[/QUOTE]
    Come on now. That was a serious question. I want to know how someone would explain Thanksgiving to one who hasn't a clue to what it is. I don't know how I would explain it myself. 30 years ago I would, but now, I'm not sure.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

I work with a guy who is half native American. On both Columbus Day and TD he grumbles "damn pilgrims" and thats his nickname.....pilgrim.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I work with a guy who is half native American. On both Columbus Day and TD he grumbles "damn pilgrims" and thats his nickname.....pilgrim.
    Posted by harleyroadking103[/QUOTE]

Was he a distant relative of John Wayne? "Pilgrim, you can come sitting up in your saddle or laying across it. It makes no difference to me." LOL!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

TexasPat3, I do try in my best John Wayne voice and say to him "Now listen here Pilgrim"  he always grumbles back "shoulda sank that damn Mayflower when we had the chance".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAT-from-India. Show PAT-from-India's posts

Happy Thanksgiving Friends

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I live in Tucson AZ and do miss the snow a bit. I actually have an 11,000 foot mountain I see from my back yard so I go up there a few times a year and hang out around real Trees and enjoy the cooler temps. It even has a ski slop and I got to ski it last year! I do not miss the humidty thow, last summer I was home in Springfield visiting the Parents and went to Six Flags and it was the most miserable day with 90 degrees and 98 % humidity....uhg!!! Anyway I still love home overall. Take care guys.

Go Pats!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

Raptor, did you ride the Superman coaster? I haven't I don't think my old heart could take it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I live in Tucson AZ and do miss the snow a bit. I actually have an 11,000 foot mountain I see from my back yard so I go up there a few times a year and hang out around real Trees and enjoy the cooler temps. It even has a ski slop and I got to ski it last year! I do not miss the humidty thow, last summer I was home in Springfield visiting the Parents and went to Six Flags and it was the most miserable day with 90 degrees and 98 % humidity....uhg!!! Anyway I still love home overall. Take care guys. Go Pats!!
    Posted by raptor64d[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a great place to live, Raptor!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Same to you Tex....  enjoy this beginning of the holiday season.  Here's is hoping our good feelings extend all the way into late Monday night and onto the playoffs!!  (-;

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]Raptor, did you ride the Superman coaster? I haven't I don't think my old heart could take it.
    Posted by harleyroadking103[/QUOTE]

I may fly Apaches but I did not get on the superman!!! LoL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING, FRIENDS!! :      Sounds like a great place to live, Raptor!

It is, and I get to golf year round!!!!

P.S.  I still stink at golf  :)

Go Pats!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to HAPPY THANKSGIVING, FRIENDS!!:
    [QUOTE]     This is the time of year when I miss New England the most. The fall folliage in late September-October, taking to the residential streets on a brisk Halloween night, Thanksgiving in a place where it was actually born...where the trees are plentiful and "real", and Christmas...the whiter the better.        Enjoy, my friends. Don't take the "little things" for granted.       Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!!  

Right back at ya, Tex. I took the Mrs back there in October; saw Niagara Falls before all the JESTS! fans jumped over. LOL!

It was sunny and 80 here in AZ yesterday. Had a western Thanksgiving: 20+ people, 3 turkeys (1 over cooked, 2 barbequed/smoked) a ham, a brisket, some ribs. You name the veggie, we had it. 10 different home baked pies to choose from. I was still groaning at noon today! Threw the pigskin around (no major injuries, but it WAS funny when a Golden Lab took down my son-in-law. The dog ,ust have known he was a Squeeler fan! LOL!)

Hope you had as good a day as I had!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Happy first and second leftover day!

Don't turkey and drive.  Turkey is full of serotonin, which makes you fall asleep while watching the Detroit Lions (or maybe that's the Lions themselves doing this to you).  Thanksgiving Day is unfortunately the worst auto accident day of the year bar none.  Drinking and driving might also be dangerous on TD.   

Sections
Shortcuts