Happy Wes Welker Day

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: Happy Wes Welker Day

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:

TFB I appreciate what you bring to the forum, but I cannot wait until this is over so I never have to see another Welker thread again (started by you or anyone).  Sorry :O

Completely agree. I also feel like a big reason why we haven't won a SB lately is because some fans care more about the stars on the team than the team itself.  I think the star players reading the clippings during the year and then when it's time to perform, they don't do it.

I don't want anyone above the team and the goals of winning a SB.

I just hope they don't cave into him like they did with Mankins.

yes Tom Brady and wes Welker don't perform

but when it counts your defense is rock solid

got it

Rock solid for about 57 minutes, as they beg for the offense to sustain a drive and maybe kick a FG.

Yep.

You were saying?  

i am saying what i have always said: without brady pats win 9 games a year and then ur D doesn't get a chance to blow it in the playoffs

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

http://i.imgur.com/8bIa3Gh.gif

I appreciate Wes Welker's contributions to the Patriots over the years. But, it's now time to let Wes Welker keep right on walking...and for the Pats to use the cap space to fix their defense:  http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/content/back-to-basics-new-england-patriots-can-win-even-thrive-without-wes-welker/21678/ 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

TFB I appreciate what you bring to the forum, but I cannot wait until this is over so I never have to see another Welker thread again (started by you or anyone).  Sorry :O

Completely agree. I also feel like a big reason why we haven't won a SB lately is because some fans care more about the stars on the team than the team itself.  I think the star players reading the clippings during the year and then when it's time to perform, they don't do it.

got it

nice instigating there jints, cant say im surprised

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:

TFB, I enjoy all your artwork and your WW enthusiasm. He is a a great player, who I think is undermined because he is a "slot" receiver. Who cares? He also doesn't catch a lot of touchdowns...again, who cares? He keeps the sticks moving so that Gronk and the RBs get the privilege of scoring touchdowns. That said, I am a little concerned that he is dropping more passes nowadays than in the past (though I do not blame him for the Super Bowl miscue, as many do).

To me, the biggest question has been about proper appropriation of funds under the cap. As long as the Pats can field a SB contender, than I'm happy to have Wes as a Patriot.

Thanks and I fully understand your comment about appropriating funds.  But, we have seen in the past that they have made a couple errors by letting some very good and important players because maybe they were trying to over appropriate funds.  With that said, they have also made some good moves by doing so too.  But when I look at it like okay.. pay Amendola $6 mill per year or spend a couple extra Mill on a proven player in a proven offense I gotta say I pay to keep Welker.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

well i know the Giants tendered him a level 1 restricted FA and i know they have to work around the numbers a bit re: cap...i would hate to lose cruz big time but he came out of nowhere and had two great seasons-including a sb win-for very little money so he deserves to get paid

i think it will work out and he will stay though it may be a short contract frontloaded...if giants do lose cruz  they still have nicks and i trust jerry reese and the giants ability to plug players in to fill holes-even rookies-and have success as they have for years now...it will be interesting to see how it plays out but i think he stays

i did like the cullen jenkins signing, they need a good run stopper and he can also get to the qb

I think he stays but man, the Vikings just got another first round pick.  You gotta think Adrian Peterson is begging and pleading for them to get a really good receiver now that they lost Harvin.  If they don't get Wallace then he has to be asking them to use one of their first round picks here.  I think it would be a big loss for the Giants.

of course you do!  :  )

a loss yes but nothing they can't overcome...gmen always have depth and Reese has proven very adept as a drafting GM...and Eli can work with/develope receivers so they will compensate and move forward

and like i said cruz gave giants one outstanding and one very good year and he deserves to get paid...still think he stays

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

OMG THE GIANTS ARE SO CHEAP.  WHY DON'T THEY PAY VICTOR CRUZ?  HE DESERVES IT.  MARA SHOULD BE ASHAMED.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:

got it

nice instigating there jints, cant say im surprised

you just keep backing and supporting rusty at every turn RSF don't worry about me

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

The patriots haven't even made an offer to WW. Per this mornings info. Why would they arm him with ammunition to use against them in any potential bidding war? To bad WW wants to reem his team,go get a full sized WR.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

If the Patriots do sign Josh Cribs then I expect Welker is gone and Cribs will share the slot position with Edelmen.