Happy Wes Welker Day

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Happy Wes Welker Day

http://i.imgur.com/8bIa3Gh.gif

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: Happy Wes Welker Day

In another sign that Wes Welker seems likely to stay with the Patriots, owner Robert Kraft said he’s eager to get a deal done with the team’s leading receiver.

Speaking to reporters in New York on Monday, Kraft stressed the importance of keeping Welker around.

“I love Wes Welker. I hope he remains a Patriot for life. Just like Tom Brady,” Kraft said, via Darren Rovell of ESPN.

Although there’s been some talk that Welker worries his role in New England might be reduced, Kraft made clear that the team wants to get a deal done.

“We want Wes. We really do,” Kraft said, via Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post.

The Patriots should want Welker: He’s gone over 110 catches for two straight years in their offense. But the fact that the two sides still haven’t been able to get a deal done suggests that Welker doesn’t think Kraft’s contract offer is as generous as his words.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

TFB I appreciate what you bring to the forum, but I cannot wait until this is over so I never have to see another Welker thread again (started by you or anyone).  Sorry :O

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I like Welker and appreciate TFB's enthusiasm for retaining him.  That said, I believe the current Welker thread count exceeds 2,854,123 give or take a few thousand.  JK

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

every day is wes welker day for you TFB, lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Hahaha!!  Come on guys, this is fun!!  Where else can you go and get this much free entertainmet!! Have I wore my welcome out here?  Maybe... But Just wait what I have planned once he is signed!!!

The King wants the team ahead of everything else which is fine and dandy but what he forgets is that it's the players who make it all happen out on the field.  That includes star players on offense of TFB, Wes Welker, Gronk and AH81 (to an extent).  You take away TFB12 or Welker or Gronk or AH81 (to an extent) and that changes a lot of what happens on the field. 

And I agree, I am getting tired of all the Welker threads, mine included!  I'm tired of trying to defend this guy and the importance of him on the team to all the Pats fans who wear those rose colored glasses.  Theose rose colored glasses wearing fans are very stubborn or just plain ignorant... I haven't decided which yet.  Probably a bit of both! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

In response to pcmIV's comment:

TFB I appreciate what you bring to the forum, but I cannot wait until this is over so I never have to see another Welker thread again (started by you or anyone).  Sorry :O

Completely agree.

This is funny coming from you who if you open up any thread on here you post 20x's the number of posts in a thread then anyone else.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tg19pats. Show tg19pats's posts

I have enjoyed these posts still not sure how I feel ant how welder returning or not but think the team is better off with him. Posts like these make it fun, creates conversation and passes along dome good info. I want speed and toughness today in whoever we sign. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

http://i.imgur.com/8bIa3Gh.gif

Come on King, you even gotta admit this is funny stuff!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I do enjoy the picture lol..nice work TFB

I'd rather read Welker threads than Jets threads!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Interesting tweet from Ian Rapoport:

"You guys won't believe this: I said Wes Welker was waiting for the Patriots last offer. Received a correction: Actually their 1st offer"

https://twitter.com/RapSheet

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

"You guys won't believe this: I said Wes Welker was waiting for the Patriots last offer. Received a correction: Actually their 1st offer"

Hahaha, was just going to post this.  Interesting!!  I don't know if this is good or bad.  Probably all depending on how much interest has been shown for Welker.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The Pats are going to let Welker walk and sign Martellus Bennett.  Then they will take the NFL by storm as they roll out the 4 TE offense.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

The Pats are going to let Welker walk and sign Martellus Bennett.  Then they will take the NFL by storm as they roll out the 4 TE offense.

Please no!!  Still that would be better then the 5 qb set the Jets apparently are going to run, lol!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

One thing is for sure, this means a decision is getting very close!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKing's comment:

Completely agree. I also feel like a big reason why we haven't won a SB lately is because some fans care more about the stars on the team than the team itself.  I think the star players reading the clippings during the year and then when it's time to perform, they don't do it.

I don't want anyone above the team and the goals of winning a SB.

I just hope they don't cave into him like they did with Mankins.

yes Tom Brady and wes Welker don't perform

but when it counts your defense is rock solid

got it

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Hahaha, was just going to post this.  Interesting!!  I don't know if this is good or bad.  Probably all depending on how much interest has been shown for Welker.

Exactly TFB, thinking they want to have Wes Go out there and see what the market is, then go from there.

Sounds nuts, but nothing suprises me with they way Pats do things with their CORE players (see Seymour/Asante/Wilfork and others)....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

I like Welker and appreciate TFB's enthusiasm for retaining him.  That said, I believe the current Welker thread count exceeds 2,854,123 give or take a few thousand.  JK

and that amount is just about half of rusty's 5, 677, 809 threads blaming Tom Brady for the economy and global warming

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

and that amount is just about half of rusty's 5, 677, 809 threads blaming Tom Brady for the economy and global warming

LOL!!  Looking for a honest answer here... I know you are a huge Cruz fan, how are you feeling about the current Cruz situation?  Where do you put the chances of him leaving the Giants?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

LOL!!  Looking for a honest answer here... I know you are a huge Cruz fan, how are you feeling about the current Cruz situation?  Where do you put the chances of him leaving the Giants?

I don't think a player with a 1st round tender has been signed in like 10 years.  Wallace didn't go anywhere.  Granted Cruz is a better receiver imo, but I'd be surprised.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

well i know the Giants tendered him a level 1 restricted FA and i know they have to work around the numbers a bit re: cap...i would hate to lose cruz big time but he came out of nowhere and had two great seasons-including a sb win-for very little money so he deserves to get paid

i think it will work out and he will stay though it may be a short contract frontloaded...if giants do lose cruz  they still have nicks and i trust jerry reese and the giants ability to plug players in to fill holes-even rookies-and have success as they have for years now...it will be interesting to see how it plays out but i think he stays

i did like the cullen jenkins signing, they need a good run stopper and he can also get to the qb

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

TFB, I enjoy all your artwork and your WW enthusiasm. He is a a great player, who I think is undermined because he is a "slot" receiver. Who cares? He also doesn't catch a lot of touchdowns...again, who cares? He keeps the sticks moving so that Gronk and the RBs get the privilege of scoring touchdowns. That said, I am a little concerned that he is dropping more passes nowadays than in the past (though I do not blame him for the Super Bowl miscue, as many do).

To me, the biggest question has been about proper appropriation of funds under the cap. As long as the Pats can field a SB contender, than I'm happy to have Wes as a Patriot.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

well i know the Giants tendered him a level 1 restricted FA and i know they have to work around the numbers a bit re: cap...i would hate to lose cruz big time but he came out of nowhere and had two great seasons-including a sb win-for very little money so he deserves to get paid

i think it will work out and he will stay though it may be a short contract frontloaded...if giants do lose cruz  they still have nicks and i trust jerry reese and the giants ability to plug players in to fill holes-even rookies-and have success as they have for years now...it will be interesting to see how it plays out but i think he stays

i did like the cullen jenkins signing, they need a good run stopper and he can also get to the qb

I think he stays but man, the Vikings just got another first round pick.  You gotta think Adrian Peterson is begging and pleading for them to get a really good receiver now that they lost Harvin.  If they don't get Wallace then he has to be asking them to use one of their first round picks here.  I think it would be a big loss for the Giants.