Harbaugh making excuses for the beating the Pats gave the Ravens

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmojo1120. Show mrmojo1120's posts

Harbaugh making excuses for the beating the Pats gave the Ravens

From PFT.com:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

The Ravens won a hard-fought game in Detroit last Monday night and then returned home for a date with the Patriots that wound up being an ugly one for the home team.

New England won 41-7 in a game that saw the Ravens struggle in all phases with even Justin Tucker missing a field goal on a day when nothing went right. Among the reasons that coach John Harbaugh cited when asked about his team’s listless performance was the impact of coming off a short week following a road game on Monday night.

“It did, we felt it,” Harbaugh said, via the Baltimore Sun. “We fought through it all week as best we could. Our guys were excited to play, and I thought the effort was there. They fought like crazy, but we just didn’t have enough juice to pull it off. It’s a legitimate factor. Everybody has scheduling issues that they’ve got to deal with in the NFL, and that was one of ours.”

While there’s no denying the lost day of preparation that comes from playing on Monday night, the records show that it hasn’t been too great of an issue across the board this season. Teams that play on Monday night are now 16-15 in the next week while teams that played on the road are 7-9. Harbaugh’s own career record stands at 3-3 after playing Monday night on the road, which shows that the team can overcome the schedule on occasion.

It may have been a factor in the loss, but it’s hard to feel that a little missing juice was the difference maker in a game the Patriots won by 34 points.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

Re: Harbaugh making excuses for the beating the Pats gave the Ravens

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

From PFT.com:

The Ravens won a hard-fought game in Detroit last Monday night and then returned home for a date with the Patriots that wound up being an ugly one for the home team.

New England won 41-7 in a game that saw the Ravens struggle in all phases with even Justin Tucker missing a field goal on a day when nothing went right. Among the reasons that coach John Harbaugh cited when asked about his team’s listless performance was the impact of coming off a short week following a road game on Monday night.

“It did, we felt it,” Harbaugh said, via the Baltimore Sun. “We fought through it all week as best we could. Our guys were excited to play, and I thought the effort was there. They fought like crazy, but we just didn’t have enough juice to pull it off. It’s a legitimate factor. Everybody has scheduling issues that they’ve got to deal with in the NFL, and that was one of ours.”

While there’s no denying the lost day of preparation that comes from playing on Monday night, the records show that it hasn’t been too great of an issue across the board this season. Teams that play on Monday night are now 16-15 in the next week while teams that played on the road are 7-9. Harbaugh’s own career record stands at 3-3 after playing Monday night on the road, which shows that the team can overcome the schedule on occasion.

It may have been a factor in the loss, but it’s hard to feel that a little missing juice was the difference maker in a game the Patriots won by 34 points.

BB, in the same position, would have talked about how great the opposition played and how the Patriots have much work to do as players and coaches. Instead of this verbal diarrhea of excuses.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to neinmd's comment:

In response to mrmojo1120's comment:

From PFT.com:

BB, in the same position, would have talked about how great the opposition played and how the Patriots have much work to do as players and coaches. Instead of this verbal diarrhea of excuses.

One thing you can say regarding BB's pressers is that the message is always consistent. When they lose it's always about having to coach better and play better in all three pahases of the game. When they win the players did a great job of preperation and executing.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Maybe he make another "corrupt" deal with his brother..........NFL should have been all over that but wasn't..wonder why? Goodell??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

They must have run out of deer antler.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

I've watched many NFL games. Have you ever seen a pair of coaches, the Harbaugh brothers, who have such pained looks on the sidelines and yaks at the referees so often about every call? 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:

I've watched many NFL games. Have you ever seen a pair of coaches, the Harbaugh brothers, who have such pained looks on the sidelines and yaks at the referees so often about every call? 

He pretty much looked like this after every play last night.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Harbaugh is a classless fraud. He also fell for the Ray Lewis "moral minister" rope a dope. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

Yeah, Bill Belichik

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bingobilly. Show bingobilly's posts

Did you really expect less from this guy?  Just another example of the classless Baltimore Ravens and it all starts with the ownership and coaching staff.  If I remember correctly, Flacco shot his mouth off sometime back saying he was the absolute best quarterback in the world...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to ronk1's comment:

Yeah, Bill Belichik

He takes lots of notes on the sidelines, may speak with the refs, but, is not yaking back at them at almost every turn like we see in games featuring the Harbaugh brothers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

Yeah, Bill Belichik

He takes lots of notes on the sidelines, may speak with the refs, but, is not yaking back at them at almost every turn like we see in games featuring the Harbaugh brothers.

Sunday, both coaches were yakking at the refs, and deservedly so. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from neinmd. Show neinmd's posts

Yeah, Bill Belichik

That's incorrect. BB rarely yells at officials. He does have a permanent pained expression but that has nothing to do with officiating.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

is there a team that whines and crys more than the Ravens, Ray Lewis still whines about Brady getting that roughing the passer call --how many years ago? and don't forget Harbaugh s comments about Spygate a couple years ago which caused Bruschi  to go nuts on ESPN .

Harbaugh s getting what he deserves by cheating the rest of the NFL and making a sweet deal with his brother for Boldin.

I'm so glad they kicked their a s s!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Well...  They did play like sh1t half the time. Best not to get too fluffed up about it.  Next team won't.  nor the ones after.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

What a baby. Patriots lost to the Panthers on a Monday thatnks to the refs, but came back next week and beat the donkos.

No let up on a BB team, with TB as QB. tehse other teams are wussies and punks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DavidSeattle. Show DavidSeattle's posts

Hello Patriots Fans,
    I did not see this great epic but from the press reoprts it must have been ferocious.
    I am so glad to have T.Suggs, Ngata and Ray Lewis' band of Mouths get their comeupance!
     I remember a few years ago when Michael Wright and Deion Sanders were with Dallas and were bad mouthing the Niners in an upcoming playoff tussle as a team in "recovery", still undefineded.  Weak and incapable is my best guest.
     Carmen Poli,  NIners Executive  took the Podium after the 49ers Rout and spoke eloquently, " Sometimes, not always but some times as this occaission, a Champion willl rise up to its real level of Talent and smite an a Brash adversary."
     That's what happened Sunday afternoon for the Patriots, they kicked butt.
    I have a lot of questions about how games turn  out after watching for 50 years , but I think last year was a gift to R. Lewis.
      I have a question for him, Has anyone ever gone to Baltimore purposefully? Why? Quoth
    the raven, depraven ravens.  I am elated!
    And surpprisingly, I feel good about the Pats chances to win the AFC Title Game. Not one team in the path of Victory
    Thanks for your post and giving me a venue to vent some hostility. Winning is one thing, Running your mouth is something that always needs addressing , LIke 3 - 4th down stops, holding Rice to under 4 yds / carry, 1 defensive and one special teams TD.
    I think many would agree BB got the Team ready for this one.

Go Pats
    Davidseattle

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I would also suggest to Harbaugh if you want to have a chance to win when you are down 20-0, don't be gutless and attempt a field goal on fourth and 1....it might save you some whining after the game

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

nevermind. :) 

BDC: ability to delete your own posts would be helpful

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHAMPSXLVIII. Show CHAMPSXLVIII's posts

I know BB has tons of respect for the Ravens organization but I sure don't. 

Remember when he called the patriots success tainted?

http://m.espn.go.com/general/story?storyId=7877552&city=boston&src=desktop

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Both of them are a pair of Whinging,Whining, showboating clowns. Starting to really hate the HarBORES

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I have never understood the hatred for the Pats, Bb, TB except for jealosy. Although No one ever says anything bad about Kraft

One never hears a disparaging word about another team or player. They always say how good the other team is. Or the other team made more plays. they give R E S P E C T all of the time, except for WW once and you see what BB did

Some D players think they have a right to maim. but TB and PM too, know the rules, know what they themselves are , stay in the pocket and get rid of the ball.  Qbs who stay in the pocket get hit less and are protected. why does anyone think why last years Qbs who ran are not running nearly as this year. Kaeprernick, rg3 etc. Even Cam is more selective

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastTraveler. Show EastTraveler's posts

Harbaugh just couldn't give credit where credit is due... Nothing more needs to be said Tongue Out

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I will say this, when Flacco was asked over and over again about his knee/ankle affecting the way he played, he said it had no effect on the way he played. I thought that was pretty stand up on his part, because it clearly was bothering him, but instead he said it had no effect what so ever on the way he threw the ball, he said it felt good, could get his feet set and put what he wanted on the ball, etc. He wasked this several times...he wouldn't give them a thing on it...the only thing he did say was that the brace he was wearing bent his knee in a little bit and it didn't help when he tripped over his own feet on that sack...that was it though.

I never really had an opinion on Flacco before - although during that Super Bowl run last year I thought he played as well as anyone I've ever seen - but this press conference had me thinkjng he was an alright guy. I think the guy must look at a Tom Brady across the field and think...that guy has never complained about one single injury in his entire career...not a one...that's the way it's done, I'm going to do the same. Peyton Manning wouldn't of done something like that.

Sections
Shortcuts