Hard times for BB.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sobchack. Show Sobchack's posts

Re: Hard times for BB.

Instead of breaking it down into all the particulars, just be philosophically fundamental about it:  

early success > amass complete power > believe in your own God complex > get outcoached in the big games because "my way or the highway'' approach is now myopic instead of 'genius.'

BB has been beaten in all the elimination games by remarkably similar opposing coaches' plans since 2007.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to Baffle's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

BB has some work to do. Go visit the 2001-2004 Patriots, and replicate the defense.

I think he would need Carroll/Parcells to accomplish that.

While Carroll/Parcells did aquire some top talent for Belichik to come in and make a superbowl run with (3 of 4!), isn't part of the equation that those coaches had the chips to work with after terrible teams in the 90s? Belichik the GM hasn't had that same stack to work with in the draft because of all the deep playoff runs. Carroll did it again when he went to last place Seattle. Parcells has done it multiple times with New England, Jets, Dallas, Miami.

Carrol had the 29, 18, 22, 17 and 28 picks from 1997-1999. That is hardly having a -shot at the cream of the crop. Parcells did have some top picks 4 years before BB came along. But neither had the luxury of Brady and therefore no worries whatsoever about the QB position.

If Belichik the GM stepped into a losing franchise who had a few years of top draft picks, he wouldn't be able construct a team that could go get some superbowls?

I doubt it. He has no track record of doing so.

The Belichik is a terrible GM vs Brady is a choker debate are both kind of missing the point it seems to me.

The Brady is a choker debate is an absurdity and the opinion of imbeciles. I've never said BB is a terrible GM. He's mediocre.

Belichik's coaching and team depth is what gets us into the Playoffs because there are terrible coaches that put out teams that can be ripped apart by scheme... but coaching alone won't win the big games because all Playoff team's have great coaching. Once in the playoffs, talent level makes the difference.

It is not hard to be deep when your talent level isn't high. Brady is what gets us into the playoffs.

Brady is dipping, but still one of the best in his position. Field general QBs, Dominating OL and  Shutdown Coverage make the difference, and how is Belichik the GM going to acquire talent in those positions when he regularly picks 28 through 31 in the draft order. Brady is one mandatory piece, but we are missing other critical pieces (Center. Shutdown Corner that makes it through the playoffs would be nice).

There is no way to say Brady is dipping when the weapons BB has provided him are a joke. And BB has the luxury of never having to search for the elite QB and can focus all his picks on other aspects. Most NFL teams wish they were so lucky.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

In response to HeygangLH's comment:

For the 1st time ever I agree with Babe's opening staement. BB's time is up. I've been saying it for years. The NFL is about winning not competeing all year to get to the playoffs and fail....

By that standard, Rex should have been fired a long time ago.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

BB is a first ballot hall of famer.

He makes millions of dollars a year.

He loves his job.

Linda Holliday.

LMAO I wish we all could have such hard times.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Three Conference Championships and 2 SBs lost in the last 8 seasons that without past glory he would be considered an epic fail.

Still reviled over spygate and forever labeled a cheater by many.

Two longtime coaches gone in as many days.

Still standing in the shadow of acquiring a now accused murderer.

Being mocked far and wide for statements made about the Welker hit.

Things have taken a dramatic turn for BB since the glory days of 2001-2004.

Maybe so babe, but I guarantee most nfl coaches and gm's would take his hard times over whatever sliver of success they may have had. 

You really think anybody would want spygate and 5 epic fails in 8 years on their resume?

I can think of at least 8 coaches who wouldn't trade their last 9 years for BB's, and it would be easy to add more names to that list.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

In response to quinzpatsfan's comment:

In response to Bustify's comment:

Yep. BB has been "taken to the cleaners" in the playoffs recently by coaches he is supposed to be better than (Rex Ryan, Tom Coughlin, John Fox...I think an argument could be made that Harbaugh is about equal, give or take a little).

And let's not forget about all those failed acquisitions as a GM!

I think his record of fails for many years now is a direct result of the players he has provided himself.

Over those 8 years he has built defenses that were atrocious for half of that period. It would be hard to find any other elite QB in Brady's class who has had so few top caliber offensive weapons to work with as well.

5 SB apperances 8 AFC title games undefeated reg season, most regular season wins since 2001

The only EPIC FAIL here is Babe's parents... :)

Yeah, losing the big games is considered great success. Moron. Ignored.

I love how if you dare disagree with Babe he blocks you. He is probably the worst human being on this board because he will only surround himself with people that tell him he is right. He might have more people blocked than the rest of BDC combined. He is so pitiful he is sad.

Yep.

Babe is a loser. He's a mid 60 something angry, fat, bald right wing nut job who loves men.  THe latter is his business, but he tries to make it ours.

Brady never won SB rings because he sucked in a game or was mediocre. He won SBs because he was good or great in the playoffs and in SBs.

All he cares about is Brady's success and the media gushing over him to make him feel good.

It's quite creepy. His entire Brady Ball Washing Guild are all really the same person, too.

Brady or bust!  lmao

Babe will be joined at the manor shortly by Pezzy, SHizzles, CoolAde (new addition), Mt Hurl and TFB12.

Wrong again you lying little plinko playin, welfare chick,

Brady won SB's because the team around him was better.

His PR back then was in the 80's

Emphasis on WAS!!!!!

100% BB fail!

And now all the coaches and Execs are jumping ship and the only ones left are the hand puppets.  Hard times ahead, indeed!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

BB is a first ballot hall of famer.

He makes millions of dollars a year.

He loves his job.

Linda Holliday.

LMAO I wish we all could have such hard times.

All that's great for BB, but us fans are not being satisfied with SBs

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

All that's great for BB, but us fans are not being satisfied with SBs

The thread was about how BB has fallen on hard times.  Look we all want another Lombardi (as does BB).  I'm just saying he has a pretty good life regardless...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think Belichick is the best coach in the NFL, however I will say that as GM he blew a golden oppurtunity to improve this team over the last five years by falling in love with himself. We had more draft picks than anyone over that time span - we were supposed to be loaded for the future, instead we need to sign bums off the street every November because the guys we drafted and signed as free agents suck. I think Bill fell in love with the chase...with the getting the best of the deal...value...trying to be the smartest person in the room when all he needed to do was select the talent that was there for him. And how about the theory of "we can sign the cheaper player, coach him up and get more value"? Has failed miserably over the last five years.

I don't think there is anyone in that building who can speak their minds around him anymore - we all heard the stories of him ignoring his scouts and selecting Tavon Wilson - that stuff heappens (I know), but when your second rounders look like Tavon Wilson, Rasi Dowling, Patrick Chung, Ron Brace, Wheatly, Butler, Jackson, Bethel Johnson, Cunningham...perhaps listening is an option. And then to follow it up with some of the wallops he's had in the third round makes it even worse, but that is the draft, it is not an exact science. It's the free agent signings that we have had over the last five years that worry me, because that has been a GIGANTIC pile of hot garbage. That is a sign that something is broken and needs to be fixed.

Thank god our GM has Brady and Belichick the head coach to save his job, or he'd be out on the street. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 347pg. Show 347pg's posts

Ok, I'd like to ask Babe, if you had a choice, who would you replace BB with?

and I'd like to ask Rusty

Who would you replace Brady with?

Yes, they both have shortcomings and haven't performed to all of our expectations, but they are human.  Personally, I wouldn't trade either.

What I would like to see is Kraft hire a whole team of scouts that don't know any of the playbooks and who could discuss and advise the coaches on how they would go about beating the Patriots.  The scouts are always looking at upcoming teams.  There should be a staff that looks at how other teams will beat us so we can make adjustments to glaring holes that we are too close to see.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Again, Brady;s contract is such an issue, that's he's pretty much handicapped the team at this point.

This might be the most ridiculous thing you've ever posted.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Well, he can't be traded. Why is that ridiculous? Gomer Manning's handicapped Indy's.

Sure he can't be traded, but the point is his cap hit is lower than a lot of other QBs that aren't first ballot hall of famers.  Even you can't seriously believe Brady is worse than some of these other QBs making the big bucks.  I don't call that handicapping the team.  Sorry.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I think Belichick is the best coach in the NFL, however I will say that as GM he blew a golden oppurtunity to improve this team over the last five years by falling in love with himself. We had more draft picks than anyone over that time span - we were supposed to be loaded for the future, instead we need to sign bums off the street every November because the guys we drafted and signed as free agents suck. I think Bill fell in love with the chase...with the getting the best of the deal...value...trying to be the smartest person in the room when all he needed to do was select the talent that was there for him. And how about the theory of "we can sign the cheaper player, coach him up and get more value"? Has failed miserably over the last five years.

I don't think there is anyone in that building who can speak their minds around him anymore - we all heard the stories of him ignoring his scouts and selecting Tavon Wilson - that stuff heappens (I know), but when your second rounders look like Tavon Wilson, Rasi Dowling, Patrick Chung, Ron Brace, Wheatly, Butler, Jackson, Bethel Johnson, Cunningham...perhaps listening is an option. And then to follow it up with some of the wallops he's had in the third round makes it even worse, but that is the draft, it is not an exact science. It's the free agent signings that we have had over the last five years that worry me, because that has been a GIGANTIC pile of hot garbage. That is a sign that something is broken and needs to be fixed.

Thank god our GM has Brady and Belichick the head coach to save his job, or he'd be out on the street. 

Did you just mention Bethel Johnson? So, if he nails a 7th rd pick like Givens, and Johnson isn't so good, what does it matter?

You've never answered this.   They won 3 SBs in 4 years because BB is hitting far more than missing, which is what you want.  Like if he misses on Dexter Reid, but hits on Asante Samuel, who cares? What GM hits on every pick in every draft?

Name the GM, please.

Thank god, BB has Brady? Have you seen Brady's AFC title games of late? Did Cassel lead this team to 11 wins in 2008 or not?

LOL!

THat argument is cooked. Cooked. Every year that goes by way with Brady looking like he'd rather be somewhere else, all entitled, is every year it looks like Brady is just collecting a paycheck with moneygrabbing Gizzy by his whipped side.

All you do is regurgitate the same old crap. For every draft miss, I can name a draft hit.  The whole point of doubling down, moron, is to make sure you hit.

He's done that with the best draft yields in this league since 2010. No one is even close.

Ted Thompson, Newsome, Reese, all these overrated GMs who also had elite QBs, or at least had ones that played like it iin the postseason lately (as opposed to crappy Brady), just missed the playoffs again and will next year.

So, Brady doesn't really do anything for BB.  Brady and all the talent here shreds crappy or average Ds with that talent and Brady gets his bloated stats AND Brady had a down year this year. Brady needs HOF weaponry all over the place to even make it seem like he's still great.

That ship has sailed. Brady has let this franchise down in TWO SBs, and the last 4 AFC TItle games.

We actually get the guy a good run game beyond just 1 lead RB and Brady doesn't want to use it.  How does that grab ya? Let's come out throwing and lose again! Yay! Make it all about Brady, huh, Cupcake?

Brady was so bad in the 2007 and 2011 AFC title games, I have no idea who we got to those SBs. He was average in this one. He was barely average last year, too. Barely.

Put that in yer pipe, Cupcake. Smoke the truth, boy.  lol

So Brady doesn't really do anything for Belichick? I mean even for your this is pretty stupid. You do realize what Belichick's head coaching record was before brady, right? He had one winning season in seven tries...he was 5-11 his first year here and was 0-2 his second before Brady took over. I mean how dumb is what you just said!? Can it get any dumber than that? And lets not forget Belichick the GM gave Drew Bledsoe a 100 million dollar contract as soon as he got here...how did that work out?

And you want to blame everything on Brady? Maybe you should start by blaming Belichick's career on Brady, that's a good start.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

I wouldn't mind going Rd 1 for one of these QB prospects. I like the kid from UCF, Bortles. He's got size, smarts, the arm, he can move etc.

What? I thought you said Mallett was a first round talent? Most draft pundits have Bortles projected as a top 10 pick right now. If his stock doesn't drop how would you go about getting him?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Three Conference Championships and 2 SBs lost in the last 8 seasons that without past glory he would be considered an epic fail.

RESPONSE: Absurd! BB's record over the past 8 years are anything but an"epic failure". The Pats' failures to win a championship are due to BB the GM, not BB the Coach.

I never said it was otherwise.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Still reviled over spygate and forever labeled a cheater by many.

RESPONSE: Nonsense. Only haters in the media and complete idiots believe that "spygate" was a big deal. Guy like Bil Parcells, Jimmy Johnson, and Bill Cowher have helped to show "spygate" for what it really was...a NY media hatchet job.

You have a very "homer" point of view on this TP. I didn't claim right or wrong in this. I just said it is.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

^LOL!!!

Come that is as bad trolling as any other don't promote that behavior....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Two longtime coaches gone in as many days.

RESPONSE: Scar was 106 years old? Why is it a negative on BB that he decided to retire? Who knows why Pepper steppd down.

Having two longtime coaches go virtually at once is not a positive thing, m\no matter how you spin it,

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Still standing in the shadow of acquiring a now accused murderer.

RESPONSE: You're starting to sound like Rusty.

Did you think a list of the woes of BB should leave that out TP? I guess you think that's a positive thing in BB's world. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Being mocked far and wide for statements made about the Welker hit.

RESPONSE: The haters in the media are going to do tht. Who cares! I think that BB was right...it was a cheap-shot by Welker. Was it the worst I've ever seen? No...but a cheap-shot nonetheless.

Again, should I leave this out of a list regarding BB's woes for the last 8 years?

Sections
Shortcuts