Hard times for BB.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Hard times for BB.

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Then after he slams Welker, Brady makes it a point to say what a good friend Wes is.

RESPONSE: And your point is?

It's not probably the best feeling to go out and slam Welker, have the press and fans castrate you for it and then have your best player immediately and publicly support the guy you just knocked.

But I guess you think it's not a negative at all.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Things have taken a dramatic turn for BB since the glory days of 2001-2004.

RESPONSE: Don't want to shock you...but Brady has been under a lot of criticism, too. So what? What BB and Brady have done in this salary cap era with the Patriots has been incredible.

Brady can only carry the mediocre team BB builds around him so far.

But it is doubtless impressive what Brady and BB the coach have done with what BB the GM has given them.

But, you know, BB is the GM.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Out of context you can make any stat say anything you wish.  The AFCCG 3 years running by itself doesn't really mean much.  Sustained excellence over the past decade plus does.

So I guess you think Rex Ryan has been quite a success. Only one losing season in half a decade, and two AFC championship appearances. By your standards a 40% rate of reaching the AFCCG is at least good, no?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

I am not sure why this is hard times for BB did he close down a bridge between NY & NJ for no reason? Now that is hard times. I don't think Bob Kraft  is going to fire him. In fact I am pretty sure he will give him a pat on the back for another fine season where the stands were full and they sold lots of merchandise and made lots of money. I am also pretty sure he could care less about what the whinne as@ median like D&C on WEEI think or a few misguided posters on BCD.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

Out of context you can make any stat say anything you wish.  The AFCCG 3 years running by itself doesn't really mean much.  Sustained excellence over the past decade plus does.

So I guess you think Rex Ryan has been quite a success. Only one losing season in half a decade, and two AFC championship appearances. By your standards a 40% rate of reaching the AFCCG is at least good, no? 

No, Babe.  I really couldn't care less about the Jets but since you raise it, what Rex has accomplished while respectable can't hold a candle to BB's record.  And BB's record is what I call sustained excellence.  Below is my first post in this thread and is exactly what I'm talking about:

More SB appearances since 2001 than any other team in the league and making the playoffs year after year.  Recognizing effectiveness is hardly being an apologist. 

Perfect as a GM?  Hardly.  But I've yet to see anyone post a comparative analysis (not cherry picked critiques) that shows the Pats as inferior drafting team.

Seems to me that rebuilding the team so that it is now one of the two youngest teams in the league while remaining competitive is hardly hard times. 

The team lost 6 major contributors, 3 on each side of the ball, and yet made it to the AFC Championship game.

Tom Brady a factor?  Of course, but early in the year the team couldn't score on the little sister's of the poor and the team still won.

Say what you will this is one hell of a football franchise with widely regarded ownership, effective management and superior coaching. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

No, Babe.  I really couldn't care less about the Jets but since you raise it, what Rex has accomplished while respectable can't hold a candle to BB's record.  And BB's record is what I call sustained excellence. 

Do you think if Rex had Brady and BB didn't he would be able to hold a canfle to BB's record over the last 5 years? (After all, Rexy has only been a HC for 5 years.)

And if he can then BB's record over the last 5 years would be based on having Brady, certainly not his team-building skills.

This is where your argument falls apart regarding the epic fails record BB has had over the last 8 years being dome sort of remarkable achievement. Plug Brady into any of a dozen decent teams and they would likely be a deep into the playoffs team.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

No, Babe.  I really couldn't care less about the Jets but since you raise it, what Rex has accomplished while respectable can't hold a candle to BB's record.  And BB's record is what I call sustained excellence. 

Do you think if Rex had Brady and BB didn't he would be able to hold a canfle to BB's record over the last 5 years? (After all, Rexy has only been a HC for 5 years.)

And if he can then BB's record over the last 5 years would be based on having Brady, certainly not his team-building skills.

This is where your argument falls apart regarding the epic fails record BB has had over the last 8 years being dome sort of remarkable achievement. Plug Brady into any of a dozen decent teams and they would likely be a deep into the playoffs team.

Which is exactly what the Pats are a deep into the playoff team. The only stat we have without Brady is the 2008 season and BB finished that year 11/5 which in most every other year would have made them a playoff team. Pretty remarkable what he did that year with an undrafted FA as QB.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

I want it all and I want it now.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

I want it all and I want it now.

You forgot, "and all the time".

As for me, I don't demand that. I just want a good GM.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Right. You just think a good GM would have magically brought 3 or 4 more super bowl trophies. That's bordering insanity. What's more insane is that you're not alone in your thinking.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Three Conference Championships and 2 SBs lost in the last 8 seasons that without past glory he would be considered an epic fail.

Still reviled over spygate and forever labeled a cheater by many.

Two longtime coaches gone in as many days.

Still standing in the shadow of acquiring a now accused murderer.

Being mocked far and wide for statements made about the Welker hit.

Then after he slams Welker, Brady makes it a point to say what a good friend Wes is.

Ah, still hanging around to stir up trouble I see.

Smiley

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to fourjays30's comment:

Which is exactly what the Pats are a deep into the playoff team. The only stat we have without Brady is the 2008 season and BB finished that year 11/5 which in most every other year would have made them a playoff team. Pretty remarkable what he did that year with an undrafted FA as QB.

What about the year before the dynasty started when they were 5-11? Or when they started 0-2 in 2001 until Brady came in to save the day?

Pete Carroll had more success with Bledsoe at QB than BB did.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from fourjays30. Show fourjays30's posts

I would not consider the first year he was HC as anything to go on but go ahead knock yourself out. Look no one is knocking Brady and what he has accomplished. That argument won't be resolved untill he retires which will be in 3 or 4 years.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

I would not consider the first year he was HC as anything to go on but go ahead knock yourself out. Look no one is knocking Brady and what he has accomplished. That argument won't be resolved untill he retires which will be in 3 or 4 years.   

Oh? And why is that, because it hurts your argument? Parcells went to the SB in 1996. Pete Carroll took that team to the playoffs 2 out of 3 years later. Why couldn't BB win games with them until TB12 came in? 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

Pete Carroll sucked as a coach for the Jets and Pats. He's immature and the locker rooms ran amuck with a country club atmosphere. Well documented.

But, your jealousy is delicious, Bustchise. Thanks for caring so much about our Pats, but go find your own real coach.

Any ounce of success your franchise has even ever had was stolen from the Pats. 

EMBARRASSING

LOL

Yet he took Drew Bledsoe teams to the playoffs twice in 3 years and BB had a 5-13 record with him. LOL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Have you ever considered how a team could go 11-5 and still miss the playoffs?

Well, if 11-5 doesn't win your division, which it didn't because the previously 1-15 Dolphins won it on tiebreakers, then the wildcards must have had the same number of wins or more or the tiebreaker on that.

So we see that 11-5 wasn't that remarkable at all. In fact, the AFCEast played both the AFCWest and NFCWest that year, and both those opponent divisions had one stinking team with a winning record between them; one out of eight.

The 2008 BS claim has been debunked 100 times here, with not even a whimper of protest when the schedule is brought up. Homers just wait a week or so and bring it up again, only to be destroyed yet again on the bogus claims.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The only stat we have without Brady is the 2008 season and BB finished that year 11/5 which in most every other year would have made them a playoff team.

Really? How about 2000? Conveniently forget that?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I am not sure why this is hard times for BB did he close down a bridge between NY & NJ for no reason? Now that is hard times. I don't think Bob Kraft  is going to fire him. In fact I am pretty sure he will give him a pat on the back for another fine season where the stands were full and they sold lots of merchandise and made lots of money. I am also pretty sure he could care less about what the whinne as@ median like D&C on WEEI think or a few misguided posters on BCD.

Yeah, Bob is fat and happy as the fan $$$$ rolls in. But whether he is committed to winning Lombardis anymore is debatable.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

Right. You just think a good GM would have magically brought 3 or 4 more super bowl trophies. That's bordering insanity. What's more insane is that you're not alone in your thinking.

How is that insane? It's basic logic. You think because you say something, it's so?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

How is that insane? It's basic logic. You think because you say something, it's so?

If we were better we would win more. Every team in the history of sports could say that. Is that basic logic or insanity?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to dustcover's comment:

Three Conference Championships and 2 SBs lost in the last 8 seasons that without past glory he would be considered an epic fail.

Still reviled over spygate and forever labeled a cheater by many.

Two longtime coaches gone in as many days.

Still standing in the shadow of acquiring a now accused murderer.

Being mocked far and wide for statements made about the Welker hit.

Ah, still hanging around to stir up trouble I see.

Smiley

I see truth is equivalent to trouble in your world.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I would not consider the first year he was HC as anything to go on

None of the homers do. They pick only the very best select cherries.

Sections
Shortcuts