Hard to hate the Jets

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauldeba. Show pauldeba's posts

Hard to hate the Jets

Watched the 1968 Jets on NFL network last night, that was a hard team to dislike.  They did a lot for the AFL, they did a lot for the eternal underdog, they give us a point of reference to make fun of today's Jets and Sanchez.  Maynard, Philbin and Namath were all characters - classic - not the droll repetitive garbage from Zombie Sanchez or the dumb trash talk from Santonio Holmes or Braylon Edwards, they probably didn't forget their 9 kids' names, 2 of the 3 didn't try to kiss Suzy Kolber, no foot fetish (OK, Joe Namath wore pantyhose, but it wa a commercial). 

unfortunately, for Jets fans it back to the butt fumbles, dysfunctional coaching staff, loudmouth August press confernces, mea culpas in late September when they are officially eliminated and all the rest of J-E-T-S football, as we know it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Hard to hate the Jets

In response to pauldeba's comment:

Watched the 1968 Jets on NFL network last night, that was a hard team to dislike.  They did a lot for the AFL, they did a lot for the eternal underdog, they give us a point of reference to make fun of today's Jets and Sanchez.  Maynard, Philbin and Namath were all characters - classic - not the droll repetitive garbage from Zombie Sanchez or the dumb trash talk from Santonio Holmes or Braylon Edwards, they probably didn't forget their 9 kids' names, 2 of the 3 didn't try to kiss Suzy Kolber, no foot fetish (OK, Joe Namath wore pantyhose, but it wa a commercial). 

unfortunately, for Jets fans it back to the butt fumbles, dysfunctional coaching staff, loudmouth August press confernces, mea culpas in late September when they are officially eliminated and all the rest of J-E-T-S football, as we know it.

I could see hating them when they were playing in AFCCCG's. Why waste the time now? It seems the Phins are the ones to watch out for if Tanny makes a 2nd year improvement

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazyworldoftroybrown. Show crazyworldoftroybrown's posts

Matt Snell and Emerson Boozer were really overlooked in that game. They came up big, and never mentioned much.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

It was not hard at all to hate them. It was easy. And they were and still are over rated. Almost a one game wonder. OR at least a one playoff season wonder. The Colts were the better team and took them for granted.

I hated them then. I hate them now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

This is a team that killed a fan with a flying lawn mower during half time.  Like somebody said "you can't make this stuff up"

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

you had nothing better to do than watch that...get a girlfriend 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

How you doing Harley?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

very good ....and happy thanks for asking....yourself? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In response to harleyroadking1's comment:

very good ....and happy thanks for asking....yourself? 

Good to hear! I'm well

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I find it very easy to hate the Jets - they are a typical loud mouth team that has never won anything and yet when they do win something they let the whole world know it. I can't even stand their fans...I can handle Miami's fans, or Buffalo's, but not New York's. Thank God they have a QB that will prevent them from being anything close to a winner. I hope Sanchez is their starter for the next ten years! All this guy had to do was pass the ball correctly ten times a game when they had a defense and running game...yet he couldn't even do that! Love that guy!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

I find it very easy to hate the Jets - they are a typical loud mouth team that has never won anything and yet when they do win something they let the whole world know it. I can't even stand their fans...I can handle Miami's fans, or Buffalo's, but not New York's. Thank God they have a QB that will prevent them from being anything close to a winner. I hope Sanchez is their starter for the next ten years! All this guy had to do was pass the ball correctly ten times a game when they had a defense and running game...yet he couldn't even do that! Love that guy!

This.  Not to mention it is because of the Jets that I have had to waste hours of my life hearing uneducated morons complain about "Spygate".  F them.  I hope they lose forever.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In response to alfred-e-bob-neumier's comment:

No...it's not hard to hate the jets..really, it's not hard at all...   :}

Yeah...but he stepped down....So we finally get to see what Leon looks like right?

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts