Harrison talking about Wilson Signing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Harrison talking about Wilson Signing

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

While BB does a brilliant job putting a team together with value players, I still maintain that there are times when the lack of top talent in its prime comes back to bite us.  Alittle salary cap hell may be needed to get us over the championship hump. 

Two years from now the people here moaning about the players we didn't sign would be moaning about the players on our own team we were cutting from the roster.  It wouldn't be smart and it wouldn't guarantee a Super Bowl victory anymore than what they do now.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

We'll see. Nice if he does, but I'm not counting those chicks yet. Let's see him on the field first.

You act like he has something to prove, all he needs is to stay healthy, this is true of all our players.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to RidingWithTheKingII's comment:

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Good to hear Rodney confirm essentially what most of us were saying:

“I think he can come in especially during nickel and dime situations, and come down (close to the line) and play that second linebacker position like I did. He’s physical enough to help out in the run game, but he can also cover tight ends. So he can be that guy next to (JerodMayo who can come in and really make a difference in that nickel and dime package. "

So basically even Rodney said that Wilson will be used situationally in a specific role to best utilize his abilities. Glad to hear Rodney confirm what I've been saying since the signing. A good signing that will be used situationally to have the most effect on the field and not necessarily a starter

Seems to me that if Wilson was to be used situationally it would be to come off the field in nickel and dime packages. Again it sounds like Rodney is saying exaxctly opposite of what you have been thinking and confirms nothing about what you said.

He thinks Wilson is still an every down player who can STAY on the field in nickel and dime packages but move up to the line and play the hybrid LB role like Rodney was so succesful at.

Now I am sure that we will rotate Tavon in as well and doubt at 34 years old Wilson will be playing 90% of the snaps or anything, but to be clear, Rodney disagrees with you.

Exactly. His true sentiments were also in line with troll RKrap who used the words "25% of plays".

That's wrong in many ways, because anyone who has a clue knows BB uses a sub[ackage or nickelpackage upwards of 75% of the time and that doesn't count a dime package.

PatsEng has unfortunately been corrupted by the RKraps and Mt Hurl types, which means his pink hat is well situated on his head.

Even when Rodney corroborates what we said and what the Irrationals claimed, they still try to twist it.

Sick. It really is.

They're the most miserable fans I've ever seen.

I believe it was Reiss that pointed out Pats were in nickle 57% and dime 27% of the plays. I expect Talib, Dennerd and McCourty on the field almost every play. Arrington is going to get a lot of snaps. Both Wilsons and Gregory grt balance. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

We'll see. Nice if he does, but I'm not counting those chicks yet. Let's see him on the field first.

You act like he has something to prove, all he needs is to stay healthy, this is true of all our players.

I'm sure even BB thinks he needs to prove what he can do--just like every player does. BB makes a point of emphasizing that every player has to prove himself every year.  There are no guarantees.  As they say in investing, past performance is no guarantee of future results.

I think it's just premature to be either too negative or too positive about anyone.  I like Wilson, but I also think that a 34 year old safety who lost snaps to guys like Sanders last year is not a shoe-in to start or, even if he does start, to be all that much better than the other alternatives like Gregory or Tavon Wilson.  In fact, nothing would be better for the Pats than seeing T Wilson beat out A Wilson at that starting SS or big nickel position

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

I like him as depth no matter what and think there's a possibility he'll be more than depth.  At the same time I'm not going to expect too much from a guy who lost snaps last year to ex-Pat James Sanders.

Wilson will start day one and play at SS the entire season provided he doesn't have a major injury.  

And I can't guarantee that he won't get injured, but I can't say that about a 21 year old or a 40 year old, that's football... but Wilson is still an every down player.

[/QUOTE]

Warnings were out folks.  Warnings were out. Wink

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I like him as depth no matter what and think there's a possibility he'll be more than depth.  At the same time I'm not going to expect too much from a guy who lost snaps last year to ex-Pat James Sanders.

Wilson will start day one and play at SS the entire season provided he doesn't have a major injury.  

And I can't guarantee that he won't get injured, but I can't say that about a 21 year old or a 40 year old, that's football... but Wilson is still an every down player.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lol!! Two people really really made fools out of themselves on this thread (and we all do from time to time), but this thread is an instant classic! I'm just glad I actually responded to rusty's original posts (because you can see what he wrote), because per usual he was banned and all his dumb comments went into cyber space.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

lol!! Two people really really made fools out of themselves on this thread (and we all do from time to time), but this thread is an instant classic! I'm just glad I actually responded to rusty's original posts (because you can see what he wrote), because per usual he was banned and all his dumb comments went into cyber space.

[/QUOTE]

Let it be a warning for this year's offseason.  People need to temper their expectations about players.  Neither too negative nor too positive . . . and before rushing to judgment, wait and see what the guy does on the field . . . or if he even makes the field. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Let it be a warning for this year's offseason.  People need to temper their expectations about players.  Neither too negative nor too positive . . . and before rushing to judgment, wait and see what the guy does on the field . . . or if he even makes the field. 

[/QUOTE]

It happens...I've done it myself with a few players here and there, but I do my best not to glorify average players just because they are wearing a Patriot jersey in the pre season...some don't.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

I would pay money to see some of the Pats trolls here mock Rodney Harrison for his astute analysis on this topic. LMAO

Too bad he got hurt and is now ready to retire, but what a career Wilson did have.  

He'd have a ring if not for the overrate Warner's awful INT before halftime.  My god was that bad. Bradyesque in terms of the timing and mindnumbingly dumb.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think some people here, mostly the sick BBWs, seem to think just because someone admires a player BB signs from afar, that doesn't mean they have unrealistic expectations for that player here.

You saw what Kelly was doing when he was here. Wilson would have been a good big nickel player here if he hadn't torn the Achilles.

Who knows how bad it was frayed. It sounded like it wasn't that bad, but at his age, BB isn't going to give him a chance to make it back in camp.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I would pay money to see some of the Pats trolls here mock Rodney Harrison for his astute analysis on this topic. LMAO

Too bad he got hurt and is now ready to retire, but what a career Wilson did have.  

He'd have a ring if not for the overrate Warner's awful INT before halftime.  My god was that bad. Bradyesque in terms of the timing and mindnumbingly dumb.

[/QUOTE]

wait Kurt Warner was overrated? I thought Darelle Revis was...in fact I thought he was the most overrated player of the past 25 years! I know someone here said that...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

wait Kurt Warner was overrated? I thought Darelle Revis was...in fact I thought he was the most overrated player of the past 25 years! I know someone here said that...

[/QUOTE]

Nope. Never said Revis was. Overpaid, arguably the most overpaid ever..Absolutely.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

Nope. Never said Revis was. Overpaid, arguably the most overpaid ever..Absolutely.

[/QUOTE]

And yet, there's this on record for all to see . . .

Re: Revis to Bucs Trade

posted at 4/21/2013 10:22 PM EDT

• 42AND46
    • First: 12/24/2012
    • Last: 4/4/2014

LOL

Does TB have a QB they like?   They aren't going anywhere in that division until that happens, courtesy of Brees and Matt Ryan.

Revis never affected the Pats much in the last 2-3 years here, dude. The guy is still honestly the most overrated player in the last 25 years and there have been many hyped players.   Looking for forward to the Falcons WRs and Saints WRs do a number on him on that astro turf.

I'll wait for the final package but that 1st rder is too much to give up when you're going to need to pay him 15 million per year.  We also have no idea how he'll look coming off the ACL.

Good job by the Jets to fleeece TB, if the package does include a 1st.  They would have otherwise rented Revis for a year for absolutely nothing.  They have to move him. I am not sure who is taking the stupid pills down in TB, but all the power to the Jets to rid themselves of that headache and move on.

No one else is bidding, so poor understanding of the market by TB.

Now, it's a question if NY blows 2 1st rd draft choices in 2013 or not. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOYMQxwSORo

The guy is still honestly the most overrated player in the last 25 years and there have been many hyped players.

give it up...he's only "overrated" because he's a Jet, if he was a Pat he would be God

best pure shut down corner since deon sanders-period.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

• 42AND46

LOL

Does TB have a QB they like?   They aren't going anywhere in that division until that happens, courtesy of Brees and Matt Ryan.

Revis never affected the Pats much in the last 2-3 years here, dude. The guy is still honestly the most overrated player in the last 25 years and there have been many hyped players.   Looking for forward to the Falcons WRs and Saints WRs do a number on him on that astro turf.

I'll wait for the final package but that 1st rder is too much to give up when you're going to need to pay him 15 million per year.  We also have no idea how he'll look coming off the ACL.

Good job by the Jets to fleeece TB, if the package does include a 1st.  They would have otherwise rented Revis for a year for absolutely nothing.  They have to move him. I am not sure who is taking the stupid pills down in TB, but all the power to the Jets to rid themselves of that headache and move on.

The guy is still honestly the most overrated player in the last 25 years and there have been many hyped players.

give it up...he's only "overrated" because he's a Jet, if he was a Pat he would be God

[/QUOTE]

Yep. Overrated for the 16 million he was paid. Yep. He was.   He played some of 2010, 2011 and not much of 2012 with a blown out ACL.

Completely overrated for what he was said to be doing every week. That's literally 3 straight seasons where he either was hurt, didn't play all the games or simply wasn't worth the 16 million per year.

Asmougha at that money was also one of the most overrated ever.

Talent wise, both Revis and Asomougha was as good a CB as there was in the league from 2007-2009 or 2010, yes.

It's 2014.  Revis's ego and attitude destroyed his play on the field for years with the Jets. He was never the same after 2009.  Then, he blew his leg out after holding out and grabbing hammies when beaten for TDs. lol

I also called Cutler one the most overrated players ever based on what he said, did and he was paid. Yep.

Revis has a TON to prove. A ton. Ty Law is a HOFer and Revis isn't, at least now he's not.

It's so easy to tell who was a Pats fan pre-dynasty and post dynasty.

Welcome to the fanbase, Prolate.   LMAO

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

The Wilson signing will pay huge dividends, I can't believe we've been clamoring for a SS for years, hoping Chung would improve instead of regress, now we have one of the best safeties of his generation, the best possible fit for this defense with a some good years left in the tank and there are complaints?

When this guy is laying the lumber I plan of reviving this thread.  The moaners will be backtracking real fast...

[/QUOTE]

Lol...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

[QUOTE]

• 42AND46

LOL

[/QUOTE]

LOL. I'm guessing his response to you is a 10 paragraph backpedal!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You'd pay money to see someone "mock" Harrison? Then give me ten bucks, I did it right after he made those comments regarding Wilson, they are in this thread somewhere. And Rodney is my favorite Patriot of all - he was in my opinion the best pure football player we had in that dynasty run - he was a complete player. That still doesn't mean that he is not biased when talking about the Patriots, because he is, this guy would praise a towel rack if it was some how attatched to the Patriots.

And Adrian Wilson had a great career...at one point he was in Rodney's league, but certainly not when we signed him. This guy was benched in Arizona for a reason - it was because he was DONE - and what happened after that? 31 teams had no interest in him...we made the mistake. Tearing his tendon may of been the best thing that could of happened to him, because he was looking slow in camp, in the games and no one had anything positive to report about him last summer.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

• 42AND46

LOL

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you got it! See a few posts above-it's a Master Class in back pedal

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

• 42AND46

LOL

[/QUOTE]

Yep. Overrated for the 16 million he was paid. Yep. He was.   He played some of 2010, 2011 and not much of 2012 with a blown out ACL.

Complyetely overrated for what he was said to be doing every week. That's literally 3 straight seasons where he either was hurt, didn't play all the games or simply wasn't worth the 16 million per year.

Asmougha at that money was also one of the most overrated ever.

Talent wise, both Revis and Asomougha was as good a CB as there was in the league from 2007-2009 or 2010, yes.

It's 2014.  Revis's ego and attitude destroyed his play on the field for years with the Jets. He was never the same after 2009.  Then, he blew his leg out after holding out and grabbing hammies when beaten for TDs. lol

I also called Cutler one the most overrated players ever based on what he said, did and he was paid. Yep.

Revis has a TON to prove. A ton. Ty Law is a HOFer and Revis isn't, at least now he's not.

It's so easy to tell who was a Pats fan pre-dynasty and post dynasty.

Welcome to the fanbase, Prolate.   LMAO

[/QUOTE]

this is more bs than u usually throw out when ur embarrassed and exposed...ty law wasn't revis on his best day and you think everyone is overpaid...watching you dig the hole even deeper is just too much fun

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CRUSTYTHECLOWN. Show CRUSTYTHECLOWN's posts

• 42AND46

LOL

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

WHOA!!!! Rusty got exposed big time here and what a weak retort after you nailed him for it. Notice how there was no mention of Rusty admitting that he did in fact, say that Revis was overrated in his last response after he had just claimed prior to that that he never made any such statement.  This makes me wonder if Rusty intentionally gets himself banned so all of his ridiculous statements can't be thrown back in his face. This would not surprise me at all.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I think some people here, mostly the sick BBWs, seem to think just because someone admires a player BB signs from afar, that doesn't mean they have unrealistic expectations for that player here.

You saw what Kelly was doing when he was here. Wilson would have been a good big nickel player here if he hadn't torn the Achilles.

Who knows how bad it was frayed. It sounded like it wasn't that bad, but at his age, BB isn't going to give him a chance to make it back in camp.

[/QUOTE]

Go away for good. troll.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CRUSTYTHECLOWN. Show CRUSTYTHECLOWN's posts

• 42AND46

LOL

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

WHOA!!!! Rusty got exposed big time here and what a weak retort after you nailed him for it. Notice how there was no mention of Rusty admitting that he did in fact, say that Revis was overrated in his last response after he had just claimed prior to that that he never made any such statement.  This makes me wonder if Rusty intentionally gets himself banned so all of his ridiculous statements can't be thrown back in his face. This would not surprise me at all.