Harsh Reality for Devin

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Harsh Reality for Devin

In Response to Re: Harsh Reality for Devin:
    [QUOTE]Do you even proof read what you write? Does anyone have a clue what our mainstay troll (next to Underpants) is saying here?   Seek help, Babe.  Change the diaper, check in the the lead at the desk in the ward, and ask for assistance. BB is a failure as a coach?  Really?   Where I did I say that? This thread is about irrational people comparing McCourty to Butler and you defending those irrational fans who do so.  That's why I said anyone comparing the two is daft, a troll or an irrational, annnoying Pats fan. Get it? Mr Innocent, Irrational Queen himself, Hurlie, comes in here and acts like it's ok to say Butler is like McCourty when we all know that's just a preposterous premise.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Obviously you are saying BB has failed in coaching the offensive side of the ball as you incessantly question his gameplans. That's pretty plain.

This thread isn't about people comparing McCourty to Butler. It's about the poor play of McCourty overall this year. Wrong again. You're not trying VI.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PetesCall. Show PetesCall's posts

Noone is worse than Butler, but Devin is trying hard!

[QUOTE]In Response to Harsh Reality for Devin : What makes you say that? Butler is actually faster and more atheletic than McCourty. The only reason McCourty was better than Butler was because McCourty played better. I look for McCourty to improve. His struggles must have something to do with the changes on defense. But right now, he's even worse than Butler.
    Posted by kevin13130[/QUOTE]

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Harsh Reality for Devin : Yes. That's exactly what I am saying. See, this is where you start to sound like Phat Rex, too. "So, what you're saying"...Hmmm. A goal line stand finally got the 2nd half offense of their butts to do something, where they scored a TD. Wilfork's INT set up 3 points before half.  It was 14-7 before that play. NE's D gave NE's offense GREAT field position TWICE in the first half and another time off a Sergio Brown INT and pretty good field position off a Mayo strip of Tolbert. 4 turnovers created, 1 goal line stand. YUP. Agains the Jets and Cowboys, the 3rd down was outstanding while the offense turned it over before half (Hernandez drop) keeping the Jets in it. On the first two NE TDs against Buffalo?  Two Arrington TDS gave NE's offense OUTSTANDING field position. Do you watch these games?

Yes, I watch all the Pats games.

We all know defenses get turnovers sometimes Einstein. Our D has generated an average number of those.

We also all know the #1 offense in the NFL is ours. We gain more yards than anybody (and the D gives up more than anybody). You can't be any better than the best wonderboy (or be any worse than the worst).

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]No, I say that Bill O'Brien calls the plays and he needs to improve in doing so.  I think he's pretty good, but let's stop acting like hsi hands are tied, He has the best QB in the AFC, a loaded RB group, a loaded TE group, a decent WR group and a very good O Line at his disposal. So, yeah, that's on O'Brien during the game.  And BB/Brady are held accountable, too.  I don't think Brady is having as great a year as people are claiming either. Not better than last year, I'll say that. Buffalo was horrendous, NY was ok, Dallas was bad until that great last drive. The thread's premise compares Butler to McCourty.  Learn to read.

We get that you question BB's effectiveness as a coach wonderbrat - loud and clear already. I disagree with you. BB knows his Xs and Os inside out and gets that job done better than anybody in the business.

The thread is about McCourty's relatively poor performance this year. Any comparison to Butler by the thread originator is a secondary and incidental commentary. Work on your reading comprehension.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I would also like to add that pass Defense league wide has been
    awful all year. But it is slowly getting better - key stat
    # of 300yd + games is coming way down.

Its hard for me to see on to TV the number of
    plays zone vs man and number of Blitzes
    especially when comparing to last year
    but my impression was that early in the year we weren't
    blitzing and now we are starting to.

But even that may change with Wilfork and Hayneworth i
    now playing together more.

I am not worried about Devin
    Our D is still evolving
    We are in the hunt
    The only teams i am worried about now are Baltimore & Cinci
    (altho they have a rookie QB) in the AFC - Ad GB in the SB
    ( of course the day of the game I worry about every team)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3993225. Show user_3993225's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Harsh Reality for Devin : If you're referring to me, please understand that they both showed promise their rookie seasons as had Wheatley, but DMC obviously had an amazing rookie year that no one can deny.  The correlation I was trying to portray is that of the second year for our CB's.... by no means am I comparing them skill wise because they couldn't be further apart.... it's obvious if you reread my post.. -that is... if you were referring to me.-  The facts here are that he is having the hardest time out there compared to our other CB's, but God knows I am pulling for this guy and I do believe he will improve his play this year.  Just a paranoid outlook I suppose.
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

I wasn't referring to your post.  That  being said I think it's unfair to equate DMC's rookie season with Butler and Wheatley (i.e. they all showed promise). Neither one of them was on DMC's level their first year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Harsh Reality for Devin : I wasn't referring to your post.  That  being said I think it's unfair to equate DMC's rookie season with Butler and Wheatley (i.e. they all showed promise). Neither one of them was on DMC's level their first year.
    Posted by 423206852231dc13f5b2e36577a3bcfa[/QUOTE]

Not the best of omparisions talent wise, but it was the sophmore slump I was really comparing. 

but we're on the same page really... again, I'm sure he'll turn it around. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I saw a peice on him and the talking had a good point. It seems when he is up in the receivers face he is not getting a good bump on him and when he is playing off he is not reading the route and he is trying to play safe in the middle ground which in the end gets you beat. I suspect he will get back to form, at least I am hoping.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Harsh Reality for Devin : Typical dopey response from a pink hat.  How did you fantasy teams do yesterday, Hurlie?  Did you make some trades to help your Madden video game team look stronger? Gee, we sure hope so. What a dork.  Your post screams insecurity and that longstanding reading comprehension problem you like to showcase.  So, we know you never played sports and you have a low IQ.  So, what is it that you do well, Hurlie?  When you put words in people's mouths, you've lost.  I throw crap at the wall? I am as consistent as anyone who posts here. Even the trolls would admit that. I dont' care if it's Spygate, the overall draft records of oher NFL teams, dopes like you following Felger and Gasper around like it's gospel, etc, I am very consistent, 30 posts a day or not. Just LAST WEEK you saw no connection between the D and the run game and then you actually admitted you agreed with me AFTER the win over the Jets and the pathetic diplay by the offense against Dallas.  Pathetic FRAUD you are. I supposed if I was embarrassed as much as you've been here like our troll friends, I'd lash out, too.  You were exposed on that and still embarrassed by it, apparently. We don't run the ball and it's 13 points for the offense in 58 minutes. Yay! What an offense!  All the way with fantasy points, right Mt. Hurl? Enjoy the shift at 7-11 today.

Dear pathetic loser,
    I don't understand the reasoning behind your fishing of information from me...did I go to college? What do I do for work? Do I enjoy long walks on the beach? Am I a Virgo, etc? 

Why yes I did indeed go to college and posses a degree, unlike you I don't wave it around like a snot nose punk, nor do I consider it a crowning achievement that defines me. I also don't really think it's a big deal (most of us have them nowadays). And yes I do work - very nice, fulfilling job - it's why I don't/can't post on here a million times a day. Oh I probably should mention that I don't look down on people that don't have degrees, just morons that do.  

Now we really need to get two things straight...1. I'm not going to date you or meet you at the local 99's for a draft beer and listen to your zone defense philosophies. 2. I never said Devin is in the "Butler" category, I just said he's not playing well and that it's a shame that people can't recognize things for what it is because of kool-aid drinkers like yourself.

Also I think you need to look at the fact that I never thought it was a bad idea to run the football (hell teams have been doing that cutting edge thing since the 30's), it's just that you blamed our loses on it and our play calling. I blame our problems on the defense. In fact I'd go so far to say our problems are masked by our outstanding offense.

Take a look at the Dallas game...you said yourself the offensive play calling was terrible (and I agreed). Now aside from a brilliant final drive by Brady the offense struggled that day. Correct? Now a funny thing happened that day, we won the game. If our offense was not so good and the play calling was bad, how did we win? Oh yeah, it was because our defense played well! Which proves my point - if the defense plays well - we'll win! It's been like this since the beginning of time. So stop blaming our number one rated offense...blame the D - you see what happens when they do their job, or are you too dumb?

I'm still not going to date you, if you're infatuated with my avatar draw a picture of it on your thumb and stick it up your a$$:) LOL - I know you dig smiley faces. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]"Stats are for losers"  - Bill Belichick Case closed. You keep looking at a #1 rated offense, Mr. Delusional, and the rest  of us will actually watch the games with our eyes.

Yeah, ignore those stats, or even what your eyes see. Better to heed your idiotic spin. I'm sure BB is all in on your theory that Brady is what's wrong with the D.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]I would also like to add that pass Defense league wide has been awful all year. But it is slowly getting better - key stat # of 300yd + games is coming way down. Its hard for me to see on to TV the number of plays zone vs man and number of Blitzes especially when comparing to last year but my impression was that early in the year we weren't blitzing and now we are starting to. But even that may change with Wilfork and Hayneworth i now playing together more. I am not worried about Devin Our D is still evolving We are in the hunt The only teams i am worried about now are Baltimore & Cinci (altho they have a rookie QB) in the AFC - Ad GB in the SB ( of course the day of the game I worry about every team)
    Posted by seawolfxs[/QUOTE]

It's funny, I agree that I too am not worried about Devin, but I will say he has not played well - I'm not afraid to say what my two eyes tell me. I also agree that our defense has gotten better (with Haynesworth in the lineup playing like he should). I like what we added to this defense in the off season, but some injuries have hurt us (Pryor and Wright).

The thing that gets misconstrued in this thread is people saying that Devin=Butler...not true. Devin= not playing real well and we need him to play better if we're going to go anywhere.