Hartline receives contract to pay him "just under" $7 million a year!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Re: Hartline receives contract to pay him

My thought after Hartline signing...

Welker 4 years 30 mil 18 mil guaranteed... 2 mil signing bonus and so Cap this year is around 9.5 mil, following years... 6.8 mil cap hit there after... 

Welker gets his money and we get a receiver for at least 2 years but possibly 3... 4 th year is questionable anyways.... Welker gets his 18 mil in those 3 years....

Would you do this if you were the Pats?

Would you take it if you were Wes?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:

My thought after Hartline signing...

Welker 4 years 30 mil 18 mil guaranteed... 2 mil signing bonus and so Cap this year is around 9.5 mil, following years... 6.8 mil cap hit there after... 

Welker gets his money and we get a receiver for at least 2 years but possibly 3... 4 th year is questionable anyways.... Welker gets his 18 mil in those 3 years....

Would you do this if you were the Pats?

Would you take it if you were Wes?

If I were Welker, I'd jump at this. Hopefully, the Pats would never do this. Too much guaranteed money. The deal that you propose should be more backloaded, with, say, $13 million guaranteed. It's the amount of guaranteed money that will be the point of contention in the Welker negotiations. A $6.8mil. cap charge, after allocating nearly $10mil. for 2013, is too high.    

Don't forget that, unlike the much younger Hartline, Welker turns 32 soon.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Hartline lands 5-year, $30.77M deal from Fins

Dolphins re-signed WR Brian Hartline to a five-year, $30.775 million contract with $12.5 million guaranteed.

The $6.15 million annual average is actually a tick less than expected, but GM Jeff Ireland still overpaid. While Hartline's 2012 stat line looks decent on paper -- 74 catches for 1,083 yards -- he needed top-20 targets to do it and accounted for 16.2 percent of his receptions, 23.4 percent of his yards, and 100 percent of his touchdowns in Week 4 at Arizona. (He only scored once all year.) Hartline is just 26 years old, but he's a middling No. 2 NFL receiver lacking true playmaking ability and long-range upside. Particularly if the Dolphins pair him with Mike Wallace, Hartline will likely be overvalued in 2013 fantasy drafts.