Has Anybody Gotten Word From The League On The Suggs Cheap Shot On Brady?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leon961. Show Leon961's posts

Re: Has Anybody Gotten Word From The League On The Suggs Cheap Shot On Brady?

I saw the replay of the hit and as a fan of the great game of football I would call it a clean hit!Great effort by the defender!I highly doubt any fines will be issued.
    remember pats fans this is football not tennis!
    Stop your incessant whining.....just once in your miserable lives!
    Bunch of crybabies even when the pats happen to win.

So gang is everybody enjoying the evening?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

In Response to Re: Has Anybody Gotten Word From The League On The Suggs Cheap Shot On Brady?:
    [QUOTE]I saw the replay of the hit and as a fan of the great game of football I would call it a clean hit!Great effort by the defender!I highly doubt any fines will be issued. remember pats fans this is football not tennis! Stop your incessant whining.....just once in your miserable lives! Bunch of crybabies even when the pats happen to win. So gang is everybody enjoying the evening?
    Posted by Leon961[/QUOTE] He went low,made contact and was flagged.That's the rule.I personally don't like it but it was called correctly.BTW there was a whole bunch of other plays that NFL fans call a game that occured and after all those plays guess what? We won. It's been a beautiful day in NE.Thanks for asking Leon.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leon961. Show Leon961's posts

Everybody is talking about the Suggs hit .What about the other roughing penalty that nobody saw but the ref?

Not too much whining about that one pats fans???
    Cow you may have won but the Jets are still in 1st place after week #4.

How are ya?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In Response to Re: Has Anybody Gotten Word From The League On The Suggs Cheap Shot On Brady?:
    [QUOTE]Yes. The NFL has just announced that Suggs has been fined. He will have to pay for Nancy's, I mean Brady's, Maxi-pads for a year. He will also have to apologize on national tv prior to the next monday night game for hurting Nancy's feelings.
    Posted by PurpleKoolaid[/QUOTE]

Bummer. Now how are he and Baby Ray going to afford all the tissues they need for every time they lose?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

[QUOTE]Come on guys, our players are not dirty. He did not lunge at Brady's knee, his momentum took him down after being blocked by the lineman. No one is whining. There were a few calls that went against us but we could have pulled it out in the end. Hats off, you guys got the win. See you in the playoffs, hopefully.
    Posted by samic[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree. I taped the game and have watched the play over 20 times. He was completely disengaged from the blocker. He had already hit the ground with at least one knee. The biggest reason I disagree that his momentum carried him is that he changed directions. Whether he was trying to hurt Brady, I will reserve judgement, but he was shooting low for the tackle. That's a penalty.
    The Ravens players and coaches complained about the two RTP penalties. Suggs shot was definitely a penalty. The other 'head shot' was a little weak, but it is the rule, and Ravens folks seem to forget that the Pat's Wright got called for the same thing with a lot less head contact, so those two were a tradeoff.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

[QUOTE]Everybody is talking about the Suggs hit .What about the other roughing penalty that nobody saw but the ref? Not too much whining about that one pats fans??? Cow you may have won but the Jets are still in 1st place after week #4. How are ya?
    Posted by Leon961[/QUOTE]

The other penalty was for head contact, similar to what we used to simply call a head slap. It was called tight, and personally I thought it was 'ticky-tacky', but they later called the Pats' Wright for the same thing with even less contact, so not much to pi** and moan about there.
    BTW, who cares who is in first pace after week 4? We'll check back after 16 games...'k?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from J109. Show J109's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has Anybody Gotten Word From The League On The Suggs Cheap Shot On Brady? : paob, YouTube it. Suggs is going for the knee and it is blatant.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Agreed

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has Anybody Gotten Word From The League On The Suggs Cheap Shot On Brady? : Bummer. Now how are he and Baby Ray going to afford all the tissues they need for every time they lose?
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

+1

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

[QUOTE]Everybody is talking about the Suggs hit .What about the other roughing penalty that nobody saw but the ref? Not too much whining about that one pats fans??? Cow you may have won but the Jets are still in 1st place after week #4. How are ya?

Stupid or retarded? Which is it? C'mon, just tell us and we won't necessarily hold it against you.

Do all you raven whiners not understand that according to the rules YOU CAN'T HIT THE QB IN THE HELMET!

Ok, don't like the rule....hate it even....but it is what it is. The refs called THE SAME PENALTY against Mike Wright.

Jesus, get over it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has Anybody Gotten Word From The League On The Suggs Cheap Shot On Brady? : paob, YouTube it. Suggs is going for the knee and it is blatant.
    I finally got a chance to look at the footage of Suggs' tackle. If Tom hadn't moved his leg out of the way, well, who knows where we'd be. From all appearances there is no Patriot within arms length of Suggs, which makes me wonder what the **** was he trying to do.
    I'll take this one step further, Wilfork was tagged for something similar last season and it was obvious his momentum and the lineman pushed him into the QB and Goodell levied a fine anyway. 
    I think it speaks to the demeanor of some of the Ravens and maybe even their coaches. Suggs' former teammate Bart Scott was busy running his mouth about the pain they were gonna inflict on Brees last week. Make him hurt, etc, etc., and they wound up getting their ass*s kicked by the Saints. To me, there is no coincidence in Scott's words and Suggs' actions.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has Anybody Gotten Word From The League On The Suggs Cheap Shot On Brady? : I have to disagree. I taped the game and have watched the play over 20 times. He was completely disengaged from the blocker. He had already hit the ground with at least one knee. The biggest reason I disagree that his momentum carried him is that he changed directions . Whether he was trying to hurt Brady, I will reserve judgement, but he was shooting low for the tackle. That's a penalty. The Ravens players and coaches complained about the two RTP penalties. Suggs shot was definitely a penalty. The other 'head shot' was a little weak, but it is the rule, and Ravens folks seem to forget that the Pat's Wright got called for the same thing with a lot less head contact, so those two were a tradeoff.
    Posted by markes8336[/QUOTE]

Did Brady get hurt on the play? Did he fall on the ground on the play? He hardly swipped him regardless what anyone thinks they can read Suggs mind. As per nfl.com here is roughing the passer:

"No defensive player may run into a passer of a legal forward pass after the ball has left his hand (15 yards). The Referee must determine whether opponent had a reasonable chance to stop his momentum during an attempt to block the pass or tackle the passer while he still had the ball".

If you watch the play again in slow motion, you will see that NUMBER 67 of the Patriots pushes Suggs and makes him lose his balance, that's why he changed direction. Now tell me how could Suggs stop his momentum when he is stumbling? You can't give the guy a penalty when he just swipes the QB. It's ridiculous. What's also ridiculous is Brady's reaction. I know he got hurt last year but now he is paranoid about people going for his knee. Last year's injury was unfortunate but wasn't intentional, so he needs to chill.

What's sickening from that affair, was Brady motioning to the ref to throw the flag and the ref nodding with his head and throwing the flag, as if to say: Tom, I got you buddy, don't worry!

Now, you say you have the game recorded. Why don't you go back and watch the play when Gaither got hurt as Flacco was hit 2 seconds after he released the ball? You will see that it should have been called. Did you see Flacco bitching about that? Did you see Flacco turning to the ref in any play or hit? No, he stood there, got hit, got up and came back to make plays.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastplant. Show beastplant's posts

it looked like he intentionally got low as he approached brady, but had the savy to make it seem as tho he stumbled.  oh well, these calls will all even out in the end.  and as for certain players getting star treatment, well, are you going to seriously tell me that doesn't go on in other sports?  great players get the calls more often than not, it's always been that way.  it's human nature i guess.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Yes. The NFL has just announced that Suggs has been fined. He will have to pay for Nancy's, I mean Brady's, Maxi-pads for a year. He will also have to apologize on national tv prior to the next monday night game for hurting Nancy's feelings.

Rules are rules.  If you don't agree with them, try to have them changed.

Suggs should be fined just like Wilfork was.  I didn't see you here complaining when Wilfork was fined for hitting Trent Edwards in the waist with the ball in his hand, so I find it amusing that you're here now.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has Anybody Gotten Word From The League On The Suggs Cheap Shot On Brady? : are you sure you watched the same game yhe real world did? Because that punk took a lung at the knee
    Posted by WCPatsFan[/QUOTE]

The angle they showed on NBC (from the left sideline with Suggs moving from left to right) made the hit look minimal, BUT the angle on TV (from the endzone towards which the Patriots were driving) made it look like Suggs took a dive at Brady's knee.

As a former athlete who wasn't half the caliber of Suggs, I know it's incredibly easy to avoid falling into someone if you try.  I ran a top-20 300m dash time in high school and not once did I run into someone after finishing my race.  Suggs not only fell into Brady, but managed to fall shoulder first into his knee.

Either way, the rules are clear.  You fine him to let everyone know to find a way to fall elsewhere, and life goes on.

NOTE: I do NOT think he should be suspended... that's just me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

And when Lewis said that Brady called the hit a "cheap one," he was probably referring to how cheap and dirty it was, not that it was a free call.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has Anybody Gotten Word From The League On The Suggs Cheap Shot On Brady? : Did Brady get hurt on the play? Did he fall on the ground on the play? He hardly swipped him regardless what anyone thinks they can read Suggs mind. As per nfl.com here is roughing the passer: "No defensive player may run into a passer of a legal forward pass after the ball has left his hand (15 yards). The Referee must determine whether opponent had a reasonable chance to stop his momentum during an attempt to block the pass or tackle the passer while he still had the ball". If you watch the play again in slow motion, you will see that NUMBER 67 of the Patriots pushes Suggs and makes him lose his balance, that's why he changed direction. Now tell me how could Suggs stop his momentum when he is stumbling? You can't give the guy a penalty when he just swipes the QB. It's ridiculous. What's also ridiculous is Brady's reaction. I know he got hurt last year but now he is paranoid about people going for his knee. Last year's injury was unfortunate but wasn't intentional, so he needs to chill. What's sickening from that affair, was Brady motioning to the ref to throw the flag and the ref nodding with his head and throwing the flag, as if to say: Tom, I got you buddy, don't worry! Now, you say you have the game recorded. Why don't you go back and watch the play when Gaither got hurt as Flacco was hit 2 seconds after he released the ball? You will see that it should have been called. Did you see Flacco bitching about that? Did you see Flacco turning to the ref in any play or hit? No, he stood there, got hit, got up and came back to make plays.

I agree completely, but rules are rules.

I was the same way after the pass interference spree and subsequent illegal contact spree instigated by Bill Polian, who coincidentally helped control the salaries of referees.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has Anybody Gotten Word From The League On The Suggs Cheap Shot On Brady? : it looked like he intentionally got low as he approached brady, but had the savy to make it seem as tho he stumbled.  oh well, these calls will all even out in the end.  and as for certain players getting star treatment, well, are you going to seriously tell me that doesn't go on in other sports?  great players get the calls more often than not, it's always been that way.  it's human nature i guess.
    Posted by beastplant[/QUOTE]

Really dude? These guys are football players. They have been taught to go after the QB their whole life. They have been taught to play the game hard. A great pass rusher like Suggs, Allen, Freeney  has to fight a double-team of O-linemen every time he rushes the passer, shove them out of the way with all he's got. Now you're telling him, when you get to the QB, hit the brakes, and help Tom Brady put his maxi-pad on? C'mon! It's football it's not ballet!
    How conveniently do you fail to see that he gets shoved by number 67 as he is rushing the passer, which makes him lose his balance. He could have kept his arms open and fallen on the QB. To his credit he tucks his arms in to avoid touching the QB, because he realized he would have been late. Suggs is a world class athlete who made a world class move to avoid hitting the QB.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Let's hope the league doesn't announce the fine until later this week so we can lose all these wimpering little maggots to Cincy. If they're upset on the call wait till they get the fine tacked on. Not only is he getting one but it's going to be big!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leon961. Show Leon961's posts

Hey Gang!

The League just called an announced that the Suggs hit was clean but New England fans will be fined $500,000 for being the Biggest hypocrites ever to walk the planet!

Can you imagine what would be going in here if the 'non" penalties were called against the pats???
    I certainly do-I see how you pukes react to any adversity and it aint pretty!

So take a good long look mirror before mouthing off to anybody about being a bunch of F'n whiners!

Y'all gnaw on that for a little bit and I'll be sure to check in later!

Oh Yeah---How are ya!?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jieregiere. Show jieregiere's posts

Hey Leon, We'er all greta here.  You see, we WON Sunday and you LOST.  Oh and by the way you $UCKn Response to Re: Has Anybody Gotten Word From The League On The Suggs Cheap Shot On Brady?:
    [QUOTE]Hey Gang!  The League just called an announced that the Suggs hit was clean but New England fans will be fined $500,000 for being the Biggest hypocrites ever to walk the planet! Can you imagine what would be going in here if the 'non" penalties were called against the pats??? I certainly do-I see how you pukes react to any adversity and it aint pretty! So take a good long look mirror before mouthing off to anybody about being a bunch of F'n whiners! Y'all gnaw on that for a little bit and I'll be sure to check in later! Oh Yeah---How are ya!?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leon961. Show Leon961's posts

Hmh! Just like I thought.

Looks like Leon has finally put the loudmouths in their place!
    The truth does have a tendency to Sting sometimes now doesn't it?
    Enough already with the -"Who's the biggest whiners?"Lets call it a tie between the Ravens fan base and the pats fan base for the Worlds Biggest Whiners and move on.

LOL -So is everybody having a productive day?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Leon, you should be thinking about your franchise QB, I mean the real one that showed up Sunday. 
    14/27 for 138 yds no TD's and 3 picks, oh and he coughed up a fumble and was sacked four times. I don't even think this guy is that bad but take away a pick every week and these are the box scores you need to get used to.
    They beat a Pats team that didn't have a good game plan in place, didn't adjust well and did poorly executing.
    See, the Pats are improving to be the elite team that they are while at the same time the Jets are falling back to meet the Bills and Fins like they do every year.

I don't want to get you too upset or you'll respond with something inappropriate like yesterday and they'll shut you down again.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leon961. Show Leon961's posts

This thread isn't about QB's Swifty.It's about the incessant whining about whining!Don't you ever get tired of it?

"They beat a pats team that didn't have a good plan in place"-That's sounds like an excuse to me.How about you?Why don't you say it in a whiny fashion to really send the point home!
    Oh and let the F'n Mods shut me down-I'm tired of reading all the BS that comes out of those traps of yours anyway!

LOL-I gotta go!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Admissions of how you lose and whining that you did lose are completely different. My point was that as a Jets fan you should be worried about something other the Ravens not understanding the rules and then complaining about it later.

Thanks for keeping me on point though-LOL

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Just in case those who haven't seen the replay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnmGSMccDuU

12s in is the best shot. He clears the blocker takes 2 steps puts his hand on Neals back then dives not trips into Brady's leg shoulder first (When you trip or lose your balance your legs tend to bend and travel close to the ground not extend and drive off of it). One thing to note is in the first replay his eyes are focused on Brady's knee. It's pretty clear that he was aiming for his knee.

Sections
Shortcuts