Has Anybody Gotten Word From The League On The Suggs Cheap Shot On Brady?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

Has Anybody Gotten Word From The League On The Suggs Cheap Shot On Brady?

I am waiting on pins and needles for the 3-game suspension and $100k fine.

That was Bullshi*.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Has Anybody Gotten Word From The League On The Suggs Cheap Shot On Brady?

Roger Goodell is the commissioner of the NFL.

What this means to you, as a Pats fan, is that nobody ever takes a cheap run at Tom Brady. We have a rule in place that is p*ssing off fans from here to way over there, about not being able to breathe heavy anywhere within the same zip code as the quarterback, which fans link to Brady and now have another reason to hate the Pats, but Marcus Pollard grabbing Brady's ankle, burying his helmet in the side of his knee and twisting as hard as he could was not a finable offense and neither is Terrel Suggs launching his helmet at that very same knee in an attempt to end Brady's career..

I'll give the refs credit for calling the personal foul, but if there is any sanction from the league, I will be very surprised.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from flip781. Show flip781's posts

In Response to Has Anybody Gotten Word From The League On The Suggs Cheap Shot On Brady?:
    I am waiting on pins and needles for the 3-game suspension and $100k fine. That was Bullshi*.
    Posted by Jaxxon
    I agree !!  That was an obvious shot to take out Brady yet it wasn't addresed like it should have been and thrown that frustrated clown of the field !! ...They should have thrown that peice of garbage out of the game right then and there !!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

Wasn't Marcus Pollard a TE on the Colts?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I don't think that there will be a suspension, but after fining Wilfork so much I wouldn't be surprised if there was a hefty fine.

Suggs wasn't pushed.  Suggs dove into Brady's knee.  The fine gives players incentive to go out of their way to not hit quarterbacks' knees, just like the hitting the helmet roughing the passer call is called so strict for the same reason.  I'd be surprised if there wasn't a fine.

And Bernard Pollard was the Chiefs safety who took out Brady's knee last year (albeit by accident).  Marcus Pollard was indeed the tight end for Indianapolis before the rise of Dallas Clark.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Opppps.

You're right.

Guess I've got Colts on the brain.

Thanx for the correction.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonMan4. Show BostonMan4's posts

That was one of the most classless and disgusting things I have seen in the game of football. Clearly the intent of Suggs was to drive his helmet into Brady's reconstructed knee causing serious injury. If there is no fine handed out I may personally write Roger Goodell a letter. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Has Anybody Gotten Word From The League On The Suggs Cheap Shot On Brady?:
    Opppps. You're right. Guess I've got Colts on the brain. Thanx for the correction.
    Posted by prairiemike

Doesn't really make a difference, I just want to see Suggs get fined.

Fair's fair after fining Wilfork so much.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Cheap Shot, Wilfork is fined for this all the time.  Scary how close it was to the spot where Brady went down.  On another note, wasn't Marcus Pollard with the Pats for a while during Training Camp.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

In Response to Has Anybody Gotten Word From The League On The Suggs Cheap Shot On Brady?:
    I am waiting on pins and needles for the 3-game suspension and $100k fine. That was Bullshi*.
    Posted by Jaxxon

I tell you one thing, after watching Harbaugh bitc*ing about the "bad spots" and the "roughing the Brady" calls, he is doing it for one thing:

He knows that he might be losing Suggs for a few games and is trying to find some leverage somewhere else.

I just a re-run of that play -- and it was frightening. He missed Brady's knee by 6 inches.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

The Killer...Ray Lewis is crying about the call...Rodney Harrison is backing him up.

If its a rule then call it! Done whine like a baby!

The Pats D is winning games!...I love it

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Has Anybody Gotten Word From The League On The Suggs Cheap Shot On Brady?:
    ! The Pats D is winning games!...I love it
    Posted by thefly8

You're right. That is an awesome feeling.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

While I had great reservations about the O at the season's start, I thought the D looked good and physical in a way we haven't seen since 2004, all the way back to game one against the Bills. 

Considering that a lot of these guys are new to the team, I just can't wait to see how they play when they are fully gelled.  And with today, this team is starting to make a statement in response to all the doubters (myself included, after game two).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from samic. Show samic's posts

Come on guys, our players are not dirty. He did not lunge at Brady's knee, his momentum took him down after being blocked by the lineman. No one is whining. There were a few calls that went against us but we could have pulled it out in the end. Hats off, you guys got the win. See you in the playoffs, hopefully.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from paob. Show paob's posts

Come on guys, our players are not dirty. He did not lunge at Brady's knee, his momentum took him down after being blocked by the lineman. No one is whining. There were a few calls that went against us but we could have pulled it out in the end. Hats off, you guys got the win. See you in the playoffs, hopefully.
    Posted by samic

For lack of a better word, there have been a number of trolls on this site over the years. Some will get on here and talk all the bs in the world until the game has ended then disappear, usually after a defeat. It's interesting that you're still here and still sticking up for your team - and in a way that won't cause me to figuratively speaking, want to punch you in the face. 
    I didn't watch the game yesterday, but from your description, Suggs' momentum took him toward Brady's knees. Everyone knows Brady was injured and may still be favoring that knee. I hope what you say is true that Suggs isn't dirty and wasn't intentionally targeting his knee. As much as we all like to think there aren't players in the league who'll resort to such tactics, in the heat of the moment, you never know what someone will do. 

Good luck in the playoffs, just not against us. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Posted by samic

Good God, give it a rest. No calls went against you unless you are willfully stupid. The refs have been calling that same Roughing call for over 5 years now. They even called it against the Pats. They even called it in a few other games yesterday. I guess those refs were just covering up for the ones at the Pats game.

As for Suggs, he takes two short steps after getting past the lineman, then takes a huge step/lunge while appearing to be falling and goes for the knee. So he is in control then, suddenly, he has lost his balance. Bill Laimbeer had better flops than that. Talk about transparent. Criminies, with that acting talent Suggs wouldn't even make it as a punter. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Has Anybody Gotten Word From The League On The Suggs Cheap Shot On Brady? : For lack of a better word, there have been a number of trolls on this site over the years. Some will get on here and talk all the bs in the world until the game has ended then disappear, usually after a defeat. It's interesting that you're still here and still sticking up for your team - and in a way that won't cause me to figuratively speaking, want to punch you in the face.  I didn't watch the game yesterday, but from your description, Suggs' momentum took him toward Brady's knees. Everyone knows Brady was injured and may still be favoring that knee. I hope what you say is true that Suggs isn't dirty and wasn't intentionally targeting his knee. As much as we all like to think there aren't players in the league who'll resort to such tactics, in the heat of the moment, you never know what someone will do.  Good luck in the playoffs, just not against us. 
    Posted by paob

paob,

YouTube it. Suggs is going for the knee and it is blatant.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

Yes. The NFL has just announced that Suggs has been fined. He will have to pay for Nancy's, I mean Brady's, Maxi-pads for a year. He will also have to apologize on national tv prior to the next monday night game for hurting Nancy's feelings.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

Yes. The NFL has just announced that Suggs has been fined. He will have to pay for Nancy's, I mean Brady's, Maxi-pads for a year. He will also have to apologize on national tv prior to the next monday night game for hurting Nancy's feelings.
    Posted by PurpleKoolaid

The last time your organisation beat NE was when they were in Cleveland,and guess who was the coach.LMFAO YESSSS!!!! It was the one and only Bill Belichick. Enjoy your week Purple.I sure am enjoying mine.LOSAH!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-LITE. Show K-LITE's posts

yes, the league called me yesterday but i havent returned the call

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Posted by PurpleKoolaid

Seriously, you had two whole days to come up with that response?  The Ravens' loss must really be eating you up inside, huh?

Learning to troll takes time and patience.  You'll get there someday.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WCPatsFan. Show WCPatsFan's posts

Posted by samic

are you sure you watched the same game yhe real world did? Because that punk took a lung at the knee

Sections
Shortcuts