Has Anybody Gotten Word From The League On The Suggs Cheap Shot On Brady?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ieatrabbitsforlent. Show ieatrabbitsforlent's posts

Re: Has Anybody Gotten Word From The League On The Suggs Cheap Shot On Brady?

In Response to Re: Has Anybody Gotten Word From The League On The Suggs Cheap Shot On Brady?:
    Oh and let the F'n Mods shut me down-I'm tired of reading all the BS that comes out of those traps of yours anyway! Posted by Leon961

-One can only hope

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Has Anybody Gotten Word From The League On The Suggs Cheap Shot On Brady?:
    let the F'n Mods shut me down-I'm tired of reading all the BS that comes out of those traps of yours anyway!
    Posted by Leon961

It'd be nice if you did more than talk trash.

I sometimes wonder if Boston.com puts these posts here to instigate and generate more conversation...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

Harbaugh is so immature...keep blaming the loss on the Refs and your team will never accept responsibility for the numerous mistakes they made. And, trust me, with your locker room full of crybabies, they don't need any more reasons not to look in the mirror.

Could you imagine any successful NFL coach spending more than 5 minutes bitc*ing about the refs?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsordie. Show patsordie's posts

Just in case those who haven't seen the replay http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnmGSMccDuU 12s in is the best shot. He clears the blocker takes 2 steps puts his hand on Neals back then dives not trips into Brady's leg shoulder first (When you trip or lose your balance your legs tend to bend and travel close to the ground not extend and drive off of it). One thing to note is in the first replay his eyes are focused on Brady's knee. It's pretty clear that he was aiming for his knee.
    Posted by PatsEng

Absolutely agree, I dont know what Suggs was thinking but that sure looked intentional. If anything he should be apologizing and make it clear what his intentions were during that play instead of whining about getting that call.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from timithye. Show timithye's posts

In Response to Re: Has Anybody Gotten Word From The League On The Suggs Cheap Shot On Brady? : It'd be nice if you did more than talk trash. I sometimes wonder if Boston.com puts these posts here to instigate and generate more conversation...
    Posted by NickC1188

The ignore button works very well and makes reading much easier to take.  The only downfall is when people reply to posts, but even then they are not too intrusive.

If only the mod's would put in a button that includes wildcards (i.e. *leon*)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

stuggs even looks like a dummy

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

And let's not ignore the fact that suggs has a reputation as a cheap shot artist around the league. Playing side by side with an unconvicted murderer may have enhanced his natural hostility. They've threatened injuries to other teams' players before;

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3659317

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

Leon961
    First: 10/5/2009
    Last: 10/6/2009

Persistent little bugger.  The board Cockroach.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Just in case those who haven't seen the replay http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnmGSMccDuU 12s in is the best shot. He clears the blocker takes 2 steps puts his hand on Neals back then dives not trips into Brady's leg shoulder first (When you trip or lose your balance your legs tend to bend and travel close to the ground not extend and drive off of it). One thing to note is in the first replay his eyes are focused on Brady's knee. It's pretty clear that he was aiming for his knee.
    Posted by PatsEng

Thanks for the link.  This was hard to find on YouTube.

I thought it was a cheap shot when I first saw the game.  This video affirms it. Suggs is most definitely diving to break Brady's knee.  If I had to guess, it looks like a "bounty" play.

I read King's MMQB and I just cannot believe he thought this was a bad call.  In addtion, he said the ga,e was poorly called in favor of the Pats, and that the NBC crew all thought so.  Oh yeah?  So these five guys all watched the entire Pats/Ravens game by early Sunday night?  Bull! 

I thougth this was one of the cleaner games called in a while.  Every flag was spot-on. There were a few missed flags of course.  Naturally, the Ravens DBs were tackling Pats' receivers en route a' la 2007, and a number of those calls were missed.  And I saw a few holds at the line by both teams that prevented all-out sacks, that were also not called.  But that happens every game.  Reffs can't get them all.

Suggs is a thug.  He has already been accused earlier this year for cheap shots in other games, and he showed no recalcitrance, remorse or regrets. He is a scummy player.

Shame on the whole Ravens team, starting with the Harbaugh.  What an embarrassing bunch. Shame on the talking heads for sympathizing. And shame on the talking heads for doing everything they can to try to diminish the Pats.  Meanwhile, last night's MMF crew was giving Favre a virtual BJ.  I could have puked!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

This thread isn't about QB's Swifty.It's about the incessant whining about whining!Don't you ever get tired of it? "They beat a pats team that didn't have a good plan in place"-That's sounds like an excuse to me.How about you?Why don't you say it in a whiny fashion to really send the point home! Oh and let the F'n Mods shut me down-I'm tired of reading all the BS that comes out of those traps of yours anyway! LOL-I gotta go!
    Posted by Leon961

You are one of the biggest scumbags in North America. Also you should seek professional help. How many screennames do you create a day.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

And let's not ignore the fact that suggs has a reputation as a cheap shot artist around the league. Playing side by side with an unconvicted murderer may have enhanced his natural hostility. They've threatened injuries to other teams' players before; http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3659317
    Posted by unclealfie

Thanks for the article. 

Not only is he a punk thug, but I get the feeling after reading this that he is a bigot.  I have never pulled the race card here, but in your article it cites that he opposed Flacco in favor of Troy Smith ("Who?").  For those reading, look at Flaccos's stats, size, etc. and compare them to Smith's (there are links).  I cannot see any way that a reasonable person could prefer Smith over Flacco.  Oh, but wait, maybe Suggs just feels more comfortable with a Black QB instead of a White QB, even though the latter is infinitely more skilled and physically suited (Flacco is 6'-6", Smith is 6'-0" - not exactly star QB dimensions).  I guess it is more important to give his buddy Smith support, at the expense of the entire team, its starting QB and its fans.  Maybe Suggs should consider how it felt to be a talented Black football player circa 1940 shut out of a pro team in favor of a much less talented White player of the same position, all due to ignorant bigotry.

Again, I hate the race angle, but this one is glaring and I think it just sheds more light on Suggs complete persona.  Scum.  Scum.  Scum.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leon961. Show Leon961's posts

Hi gang!-I see that we are still beating that dead horse?!

For the love of everything Holy ...LET IT GO!

So gang-Is everybody enjoying this wonderful early Fall evening?
    Note to Crono...How are ya!?

LOL

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Hi gang!-I see that we are still beating that dead horse?! For the love of everything Holy ...LET IT GO! So gang-Is everybody enjoying this wonderful early Fall evening? Note to Crono...How are ya!? LOL
    Posted by Leon961

Hey Leon, tell that to Jarrett Bell, he wrote about it today and has selective memory, too!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leon961. Show Leon961's posts

Ags-I wrote you a little note on the "Conspiracy Theory" thread that you started.I think it says it all.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnmGSMccDuU

Wow, I had been assuming all week that it must have been a stupid penalty, given the media circus.  Then I watched this video and it is clear that Suggs was blatantly diving at Brady's knees.  He was already past his blocker and then for no reason at all the trajectory of his helmet changes from the sky to Brady's knee.  The only one acting here was Suggs, pretending that Koppen's outstretched hand "made him do it." 

And to think I wanted this guy on our team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

Wow...leon hasnt been "banned"....yet!!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Again, go to 0:13 on the video.  Suggs has beaten Koppen.  Koppen's left hand is down by his own crotch.  Koppen's right arm is trying to hook Suggs's right arm.

At the very end of 0:13 you can see a clear space between Suggs and Koppen.  The only part of their bodies that is engaged is their right arms, and Koppen's arm is in between Suggs and Brady.  And Koppen's arm is already outstretched.  It isn't "wound up" to deliver a push.

At the beginning of 0:14 it's obvious.  Koppen's hand is barely touching Suggs's hand.  Brady has just released the ball.  There are 3-4 yards between Suggs and Brady.  Suggs is upright, leaning forward in a rush.

By mid 0:14 Suggs is clear of Koppen, upright, and leaning forward. 

At the end of 0:14, Suggs, untouched, first lowers his helmet.  Untouched.  Then his torso rapidly falls forward - untouched.

At 0:15, Suggs's untouched body has fallen into Brady's right knee. 

Suggs' Overall Grade for Acting:  F.  If you're going to pretend to fall, at least fall while someone is touching you, and at least do it while the person is pushing you in the direction you are supposed to be "falling."  That guy from CSI Miami is a better actor.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

Again, go to 0:13 on the video.  Suggs has beaten Koppen.  Koppen's left hand is down by his own crotch.  Koppen's right arm is trying to hook Suggs's right arm. At the very end of 0:13 you can see a clear space between Suggs and Koppen.  The only part of their bodies that is engaged is their right arms, and Koppen's arm is in between Suggs and Brady.  And Koppen's arm is already outstretched.  It isn't "wound up" to deliver a push. At the beginning of 0:14 it's obvious.  Koppen's hand is barely touching Suggs's hand.  Brady has just released the ball.  There are 3-4 yards between Suggs and Brady.  Suggs is upright, leaning forward in a rush. By mid 0:14 Suggs is clear of Koppen, upright, and leaning forward.  At the end of 0:14, Suggs, untouched, first lowers his helmet.  Untouched.  Then his torso rapidly falls forward - untouched. At 0:15, Suggs's untouched body has fallen into Brady's right knee.  Suggs' Overall Grade for Acting:  F.  If you're going to pretend to fall, at least fall while someone is touching you, and at least do it while the person is pushing you in the direction you are supposed to be "falling."  That guy from CSI Miami is a better actor.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

Why do you keep trying to make an improbable case. The national media has already condoned the refs for a poorly called game. Fans from all walks of life are blasting the refs on ESPN blogs. Your former player Harrison questioned your QB manhood. Nobody other than Pats fans think this was a legitimate penalty, not even the NFL commisioner's office  that probably agree with Lewis and Reed comments, for they could not find a reason to fine them for their comments after the game.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

In Response to Re: Has Anybody Gotten Word From The League On The Suggs Cheap Shot On Brady? : Thanks for the article.  Not only is he a punk thug, but I get the feeling after reading this that he is a bigot.  I have never pulled the race card here, but in your article it cites that he opposed Flacco in favor of Troy Smith ("Who?").  For those reading, look at Flaccos's stats, size, etc. and compare them to Smith's (there are links).  I cannot see any way that a reasonable person could prefer Smith over Flacco.  Oh, but wait, maybe Suggs just feels more comfortable with a Black QB instead of a White QB, even though the latter is infinitely more skilled and physically suited (Flacco is 6'-6", Smith is 6'-0" - not exactly star QB dimensions).  I guess it is more important to give his buddy Smith support, at the expense of the entire team, its starting QB and its fans.  Maybe Suggs should consider how it felt to be a talented Black football player circa 1940 shut out of a pro team in favor of a much less talented White player of the same position, all due to ignorant bigotry. Again, I hate the race angle, but this one is glaring and I think it just sheds more light on Suggs complete persona.  Scum.  Scum.  Scum.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

Does your post have a point? Oh yes, You're whining? Aawwww does your p*ssy hurt?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

How long before you get banned leon

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Come on guys, our players are not dirty. He did not lunge at Brady's knee, his momentum took him down after being blocked by the lineman. No one is whining. There were a few calls that went against us but we could have pulled it out in the end. Hats off, you guys got the win. See you in the playoffs, hopefully.
    Posted by samic

Wrong.  I viewed it today and Suggs is not blocked down.  He puts his hand on Light's back, then he turns toward Brady after the ball is released and lunges at Brady's knees. It was nothing short of a complete cheap shot.  If Brady doesn't move aside to receive only a glancing blow then his knee is toast and so too his career.

As I wrote here today, it looked like a bounty play.  Suggs has admitted on the radio that he is a bounty player, as are his teammates.  That's really all you need to know.  Watch the replay.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PurpleKoolaid. Show PurpleKoolaid's posts

In Response to Re: Has Anybody Gotten Word From The League On The Suggs Cheap Shot On Brady? : Wrong.  I viewed it today and Suggs is not blocked down.  He puts his hand on Light's back, then he turns toward Brady after the ball is released and lunges at Brady's knees. It was nothing short of a complete cheap shot.  If Brady doesn't move aside to receive only a glancing blow then his knee is toast and so too his career. As I wrote here today, it looked like a bounty play.  Suggs has admitted on the radio that he is a bounty player, as are his teammates.  That's really all you need to know.  Watch the replay.
    Posted by chrisakawoody

"We're holding the ball, we're unprotected, just sitting there defenseless, so they've got to stay away from me" - Nancy Brady

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12317086

Sections
Shortcuts