Has anyone else noticed a change for the better in the board?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommpper. Show Stommpper's posts

Re: Has anyone else noticed a change for the better in the board?

I told everyone 2 weeks ago I would get Rusty gone for good, He laughed and said go ahead and try, the results are , he's gone! Period!Wink

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In Response to Re: Has anyone else noticed a change for the better in the board?:
    [QUOTE]I told everyone 2 weeks ago I would get Rusty gone for good, He laughed and said go ahead and try, the results are , he's gone! Period!
    Posted by Stommpper[/QUOTE]

rusty still has his account, he just hasn't posted. babe was given the boot. the mods were notified and asked  to look into all of the arguments and name calling here. they said that they would take care of it and they did. 

its great to just talk football here, ESPN has the worst discussion forums, it's nothing but trolling and guys calling each other names, brutal. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TampaPete. Show TampaPete's posts

Well, well, well.  I haven't posted here in a long time.  Last time I looked at a thread here, the two unmentionables were going at it full bore.  The trouble was, even if you agreed with them, you didn't want to be on either's side.

Fresh air!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Wow if true that would be great news. 

I'm not giving the mods too much credit though as I know these issues have been brought to their attention many times - but hey, if this is the time they acted on it, great. Perhaps having more technical abilities to enforce the ban was a key part of what they were waiting on. 

For me, I could deal with Babe, not my favorite but tended to ignore, Rusty just killed my interest in being a part of this forum, he had a rage management issue I couldn't deal with.

I would love to be in here talking football as the season kicks in, this is great news and I have my fingers crossed it will continue. I'll start checking out the football threads, I was pretty much staying away. Thanks folks. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rusco. Show rusco's posts

i am just looking forward to the season. GO PATS!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In Response to Re: Has anyone else noticed a change for the better in the board?:
    [QUOTE]Wow if true that would be great news.  I'm not giving the mods too much credit though as I know these issues have been brought to their attention many times - but hey, if this is the time they acted on it, great. Perhaps having more technical abilities to enforce the ban was a key part of what they were waiting on.  For me, I could deal with Babe, not my favorite but tended to ignore, Rusty just killed my interest in being a part of this forum, he had a rage management issue I couldn't deal with. I would love to be in here talking football as the season kicks in, this is great news and I have my fingers crossed it will continue. I'll start checking out the football threads, I was pretty much staying away. Thanks folks. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

I can tell you that it definitely was the mods.  

This place is great now, all football talk. Its amazing how taking one or two people out changes the whole forum for the better. As I said earlier, ESPN's comment forum is the worst, I'm sure most everyone here has been on it at some point, all fighting, every post it seems. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Maybe BDC decided to take those two off payroll or send them over to the Celtic's forum since the regular season was about to begin?

If it was in fact the Mods, thank you!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

[QUOTE]Still not sure why they had that board overhaul....But you still see some people with 2005 "1st" posts....
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]
    Mine still says '05....not sure why....nor do I really care. Have been comming here since then, and read more than I post.....Just don't have the time to post as much as others do.....but the info here is often better than any sports writer in Boston.

The 2 village idiots ruined this board. Every single thread was the two of them acting like 4th grade girls with their ridiculous bickering. They didn't come here to talk sports, they both came here for attention....and they fed off the responses they got...pretty simple psychology.

So glad they are gone....they were both like annoying little gnats.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has anyone else noticed a change for the better in the board? : According to Russ, and he should know, they didn't tell him when he was banned. He could see his posts but we couldn't.

Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

Sounds like an OBE. You can see yourself but nobody can see you hovering above the room. Next stop for Rusty: interview with George Noory.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2013. Show Evil2013's posts

Given that this is the Pats board and what week it is wouldn't Babe and Rusty been cut or released rather than banned?

For myself a new season gets a new Evil with an updated year. Yes I know it's 2012 but I expect the season to go into 2013.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

[QUOTE] Given that this is the Pats board and what week it is wouldn't Babe and Rusty been cut or released rather than banned? For myself a new season gets a new Evil with an updated year. Yes I know it's 2012 but I expect the season to go into 2013.
    Posted by Evil2013[/QUOTE]
    Haha that is a nice way to think of it.

It's definitely nice coming on here and being able to talk Patriots. I listen to WEEI all the time hoping to hear some Pats talk, but all they have talked about in the last year is the freaking Sox collapse and Sandusky. The season is almost here; let's talk some Patriots!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Why can they keep clowns off this board but not the Celtics board?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

[QUOTE]Stomper is Jerry (babe) and I bet crusty is back within the week.I dont mind either I mean in summer what else is there to do on a football forum but argue.
    Posted by sod11[/QUOTE]
    If you wish to continue thinking I'm babe then good luck to you lol.
    For the last time, I was Stomper, Stommper, Jerry Springer and now Stompper.
    Been on this board for 5 years.
    Anyway, Back to the Patriots as it should be!Yell

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

they finally got rid of that doofus parilli...???? havent come here much with that on the board... change is good!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

IP Ban?  That would be great!  It has been much better around here.  Some posters add a lot, but they also turn threads into their personal running insult page.  IF the IP ban is true, it should keep the board on the up-and-up. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

Must admit,  they did have some pretty good one-liners. More so earlier than later, however.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

well I came back about a week ago. thanks :D jk lol

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from wanghunglow. Show wanghunglow's posts

Babe has been banned. He won't be back under another name. If the mods feel he shouldn't be here, he won't be here. He never complained about the mods decisions. He leaves you with wozzydoo and Truechump the imbeciles. Enjoy.

Obviously, it wasn't an IP ban.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]Babe has been banned. He won't be back under another name. If the mods feel he shouldn't be here, he won't be here. He never complained about the mods decisions. He leaves you with wozzydoo and Truechump the imbeciles. Enjoy. Obviously, it wasn't an IP ban.
    Posted by wanghunglow[/QUOTE]

ONE MORE TIME.  Most ISPs don't assign a static IP to you.  They don't change much, but they DO change.  Not to mention YOU DON'T SIGN IN FROM THE SAME IP MUCH ANYMORE.  Phones, tablets, home computers, laptops and work computers mean you can connect from many different IP's.  Not to mention your IP can be spoofed.  THEY ARE NOT GOING TO IP ban ANYONE.  They MAY be able to ban selected MAC addresses, but that would be it.  Even so, THAT is different for every connected device, and can be changed on some.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]Babe has been banned. He won't be back under another name. If the mods feel he shouldn't be here, he won't be here. He never complained about the mods decisions. He leaves you with wozzydoo and Truechump the imbeciles. Enjoy. Obviously, it wasn't an IP ban.
    Posted by wanghunglow[/QUOTE]

I guess I'm in the minority here, I never had a problem with Babe. He was an older guy that has seen a lot of football through the years with this team - I didn't see him running around here attacking people like the other clown. In fact I would think he was the only one who would consistently defend himself and his opinions against rusty. 

The shame is rusty will be back, I doubt babe will. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Doctor Loveless. Show Doctor Loveless's posts

No one needs Rusty here. His act grew old 4 years ago.

Its time for Football!Yell

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has anyone else noticed a change for the better in the board? : I guess I'm in the minority here, I never had a problem with Babe. He was an older guy that has seen a lot of football through the years with this team - I didn't see him running around here attacking people like the other clown. In fact I would think he was the only one who would consistently defend himself and his opinions against rusty.  The shame is rusty will be back, I doubt babe will. 
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

I ignored babe for the most part, put him on ignore once I grew tired of his name calling and starting the same threads over and over to instigate arguments. I never had a problem with Rusty although I know that a lot of people here did. The bottom line though is that now we have a forum just for talking football like it should be here. Everyone isn't going to agree with each other but thats no reason for childish name calling and arguments. It really looks like we're past that now and can just focus on the Patriots. It's going to be a great season.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

One thing is for shore, he made an impression on many of you. This thread is proof, long after he is gone many still are talking about him. Almost as if you miss him...and the other four or five trolls that have lost interest with out him...

Sections
Shortcuts