Has anyone else noticed a change for the better in the board?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: Has anyone else noticed a change for the better in the board?

They both got banned? I was wondering what was going on. The problem is Rusty will be back and it won't take him long to pollute these boards again...I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

In response to "Re: Has anyone else noticed a change for the better in the board?":
    They both got banned? I was wondering what was going on. The problem is Rusty will be back and it won't take him long to pollute these boards again...I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts. Posted by mthurl
    I'm not so sure about that mthurl. According too a poster on the Sox board the software outage of a few weeks ago was BDC turning on their new software that includes IP banning.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

Any word on jet or manningrules

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Maybe they went on vacation together

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

This is nice!  A little weird and kind of awkward!  lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

It is a little weird.  I almost got used to all the bickering and name calling.

I didn't like it but it was becoming the norm.

Now some of us feel like we can respond to a post without fear of being called a troll, moron, idiot, pink hat fan, etc. etc.

Kinda nice.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I come to this board because I'm a Pats fan.  Always have been.

Just want to be around other Pats fans especially since I live in Cowgirl Country now.

Not here to try to impress anyone with my knowledge of the game and my awesome ability to scout talent.  I'm sure I will only disappoint everyone in both of those areas.  LOL!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Has anyone else noticed a change for the better in the board?:
    The board seems too have a much better flow without the 2 spammers hijacking every thread with their childish and annoying drivel. Let hope the rumored IP ban is in effect and continues too scrub out the trash from the board.
    Posted by tcal2-

I doubt it is an IP ban, since most ISPs change your outward facing IP regularly, and since people sign in from multiple locations.  I know I have been having trouble signing in on either of my accounts for a while now, it keeps rejecting my passwords and I have to reset them.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I believe they have indeed enforced some version of a technical ban.  It's more than a coincidence that certain individuals disappeared at the same time and have not returned.
    Being an IT person I have a pretty good idea how they are doing it.  I encourage others who may understand the technology to not divulge the methods so that weaknesses are not disclosed and peace and harmony are maintained.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Has anyone else noticed a change for the better in the board?:
    I come to this board because I'm a Pats fan.  Always have been. Just want to be around other Pats fans especially since I live in Cowgirl Country now. Not here to try to impress anyone with my knowledge of the game and my awesome ability to scout talent.  I'm sure I will only disappoint everyone in both of those areas.  LOL!
    Posted by Salcon

Before those who shall not be mention took over the forum it use to be a place for all Pats fans regardless of aptitude for scouting or the game itself. It was a friendly place where those with knowledge happily shared it with those who didn't and those who didn't weren't afraid to ask those who did any question they wanted. What once was will be again and we'll all celebrate and dance around the fire

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Do they tell you when they ban you, or does it just stop working?  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Good question. I have never been banned and hope I never will be

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

In Response to Re: Has anyone else noticed a change for the better in the board?:
    I've been way more motivated to come here and post stuff as well as chime in on other threads. It's a better blog without a doubt.
    Posted by Getzo

Same here man, I didn't want to post or make a thread discussing football because it usually get's hijacked and what once was a discussion about football turns into 2-5 guys going at each other.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Do they tell you when they ban you, or does it just stop working?  
    Posted by Davedsone

According to Russ, and he should know, they didn't tell him when he was banned. He could see his posts but we couldn't.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Good question. I have never been banned and hope I never will be
    Posted by PatsEng

Over 6500 posts without getting banned?   

Excellent my friend.

I know a certain someone who probably would have at least that many if he wasn't banned about 10 times or so.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Over 6,000 posts myself but 65-70% are informational copy/paste posts for my fellow Patriots fans....lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Over 6,000 posts myself but 65-70% are informational copy/paste posts for my fellow Patriots fans....lol
    Posted by Rocky

Keep 'em coming.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

OMG wait a min how they heck did we get so many posts?

Rocky can you explain it? Then again I'm a draftnik and that usually involves a ton of posts. Hrm... The worst part is I actually do have a life too  >.< I honestly don't know this has happened

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

OMG wait a min how they heck did we get so many posts? Rocky can you explain it? Then again I'm a draftnik and that usually involves a ton of posts. Hrm... The worst part is I actually do have a life too   />.< I honestly don't know this has happened
    Posted by PatsEng

I often wonder what my ID was pre-2008 and how many posts I had....Still not sure why they had that board overhaul....But you still see some people with 2005 "1st" posts....

I have to admit I am addicted to Twitter!  Great access to Boston Sports info for a New England transplant in Colorado!  Constantly hitting referesh....

What would I do without it?  lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PManningRules. Show PManningRules's posts

It is nice and quit with those two gone. Laughing

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Is it possible that those who shall not be mentioned were all the same person? I know this sounds totally insane as they had multiple endless "dumb" arguments, but, the rusty account was banned several times and always came back.....until the babe account was finally banned for the exact same reasons??? Interesting....although not really.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PManningRules. Show PManningRules's posts

Those guys were bad trolls. Laughing

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Has anyone else noticed a change for the better in the board? : I often wonder what my ID was pre-2008 and how many posts I had....Still not sure why they had that board overhaul....But you still see some people with 2005 "1st" posts.... I have to admit I am addicted to Twitter!  Great access to Boston Sports info for a New England transplant in Colorado!  Constantly hitting referesh.... What would I do without it?  lol
    Posted by Rocky

I've also wondered that too. I can't even remember what my pre-08' name was honestly but I've been posting since at least 05'. I have to be well over 10k posts by now. Has anyone ever figured out why some posters accounts were erased in the 08' switch over and some weren't?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Is it possible that those who shall not be mentioned were all the same person? I know this sounds totally insane as they had multiple endless "dumb" arguments, but, the rusty account was banned several times and always came back.....until the babe account was finally banned for the exact same reasons??? Interesting....although not really.
    Posted by TrueChamp

I've also wondered if they were the same person too just laughing at us. Makes you kind of wonder how many people were the same person. Esp now that some posters have appearently disappeared along with the others

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

This will be nice if it keeps up. I got a laugh the other day when I opened a thread that was 6 pages long at the time but I only saw about 10 replies from people I hadn't banned.

Sections
Shortcuts