Has anyone else noticed a change for the better in the board?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Re: Has anyone else noticed a change for the better in the board?

People still talk about Hitler because of the damage he did during his reign.  Nobody misses him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In Response to Re: Has anyone else noticed a change for the better in the board?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has anyone else noticed a change for the better in the board? : I guess I'm in the minority here, I never had a problem with Babe. He was an older guy that has seen a lot of football through the years with this team - I didn't see him running around here attacking people like the other clown. In fact I would think he was the only one who would consistently defend himself and his opinions against rusty.  The shame is rusty will be back, I doubt babe will. 
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

I had to put Babe on IGNORE. He was insulting everyone who disagreed with him. And while he had a couple of things to say he actually said very little of value outside of one or two things. So I never felt he added much except for the rarity.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Has anyone else noticed a change for the better in the board?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has anyone else noticed a change for the better in the board? : I had to put Babe on IGNORE. He was insulting everyone who disagreed with him. And while he had a couple of things to say he actually said very little of value outside of one or two things. So I never felt he added much except for the rarity.
    Posted by portfolio1[/QUOTE]

while its been better for about 24 hrs,
    re
    "He was insulting everyone who disagreed with him. "

if they banned those who make personal insults at posters they disagree with, we would have a handful less posters than we do at this moment (they are still here). 

maybe the threat will be enough. i doubt it.
    but it sure would be nice to discuss with each other without the ignorant hatefull insults (and simply agreeing to disagree) or even just ignoring something you dont like.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

[QUOTE]People still talk about Hitler because of the damage he did during his reign.  Nobody misses him.
    Posted by nyjoseph[/QUOTE]

Lol

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]Babe has been banned. He won't be back under another name. If the mods feel he shouldn't be here, he won't be here. He never complained about the mods decisions. He leaves you with wozzydoo and Truechump the imbeciles. Enjoy. Obviously, it wasn't an IP ban.
    Posted by wanghunglow[/QUOTE]

Welcome back Babe.. Honestly my man, if you could just take it down a notch we wouldn't have a problem with you. Your just so darn angry all the time. I mean, I get annoyed with people here, but to feel like you have to tell people off and call names all the time tells us you have some serious issues. I can't imagine what it's been like for you without this forum. The mail man must be scared for his life. What happens when an old lady cuts you in line at the grocery store? I imagine global thermo nuclear war inside your mind. Narcissistic rage perhaps? Anyway, welcome back......have fun trolling.

Hey will you tell us if you had to get a new IP address to get back on here? We've been trying to figure it out. Thanks big guy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wanghunglow. Show wanghunglow's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has anyone else noticed a change for the better in the board? : Welcome back Babe.. Honestly my man, if you could just take it down a notch we wouldn't have a problem with you. Your just so darn angry all the time. I mean, I get annoyed with people here, but to feel like you have to tell people off and call names all the time tells us you have some serious issues. I can't imagine what it's been like for you without this forum. The mail man must be scared for his life. What happens when an old lady cuts you in line at the grocery store? I imagine global thermo nuclear war inside your mind. Narcissistic rage perhaps? Anyway, welcome back......have fun trolling. Hey will you tell us if you had to get a new IP address to get back on here? We've been trying to figure it out. Thanks big guy.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

No Truechump. Apparently they don't ban by IP. They actually don't even ban. They hit the "universal ignore" button and nobody can see your posts. Weird to say the least.

I didn't even notice I was banned until today. I have only posted a few times in the last several days.

I didn't see any ---- />  Brady bashing, people saying they know how to coach better than BB or people saying a bad D was good.

So I had little to say. Preseason doesn't add up to much.

I won't be participating in this board further other than to clear up any questions in this thread. I've been thrown out of better places than this. If I can't post under my tribute name, then I must defer to the wisdom of the mods and not participate.

Nothing personal against you or anybody else here Truechump. It's football talk to me, and if somebody says something stupid, I'm telling them so. That's how it works. Really, it's about 4 people I ever called names. Be well and Go Pats!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has anyone else noticed a change for the better in the board? : No Truechump. Apparently they don't ban by IP. They actually don't even ban. They hit the "universal ignore" button and nobody can see your posts. Weird to say the least. I didn't even notice I was banned until today. I have only posted a few times in the last several days. I didn't see any ---- />  Brady bashing, people saying they know how to coach better than BB or people saying a bad D was good. So I had little to say. Preseason doesn't add up to much. I won't be participating in this board further other than to clear up any questions in this thread. I've been thrown out of better places than this. If I can't post under my tribute name, then I must defer to the wisdom of the mods and not participate. Nothing personal against you or anybody else here Truechump. It's football talk to me, and if somebody says something stupid, I'm telling them so. That's how it works. Really, it's about 4 people I ever called names. Be well and Go Pats!

Wait...who are you wangunlow?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Okay lets get back to talking football, and the defense IS good. This is a new year, last season is over and doesn't mean squat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I used to enjoy Rusty's posts but I think he went overboard with the insults and his need to obsessively blow his own horn. In my mind, Rusty went from being a great contributor to this board to being the main source of divisiveness. I can understand how others tired of Babe's frequent threads countering Rusty's anti-Brady rants or trucechamp's and wozzy's critiques of the play calling, but honestly I thought Babe was still mostly about football. Rusty though had become a problem who always turned threads into pissing contests. It's too bad because over the years I became sort of fond of Rusty, but I think this board is now better without him. Maybe, though, he can come back and tone it down a few notches. If he could do that, I'd be glad to see him back. No one questions the fact that both Babe andRusty are true fans, so having them back would be great--but only if the divisive fighting would end because the more polite discussion we have going on now is much better.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]I used to enjoy Rusty's posts but I think he went overboard with the insults and his need to obsessively blow his own horn. In my mind, Rusty went from being a great contributor to this board to being the main source of divisiveness. I can understand how others tired of Babe's frequent threads countering Rusty's anti-Brady rants or trucechamp's and wozzy's critiques of the play calling, but honestly I thought Babe was still mostly about football. Rusty though had become a problem who always turned threads into pissing contests. It's too bad because over the years I became sort of fond of Rusty, but I think this board is now better without him. Maybe, though, he can come back and tone it down a few notches. If he could do that, I'd be glad to see him back. No one questions the fact that both Babe andRusty are true fans, so having them back would be great--but only if the divisive fighting would end because the more polite discussion we have going on now is much better.
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

"the more polite discussion we have going on now is much better."

im for more of that too...but the personal attacks are not gone. you may not have seen them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has anyone else noticed a change for the better in the board? : No Truechump. Apparently they don't ban by IP. They actually don't even ban. They hit the "universal ignore" button and nobody can see your posts. Weird to say the least. I didn't even notice I was banned until today. I have only posted a few times in the last several days. I didn't see any ---- />  Brady bashing, people saying they know how to coach better than BB or people saying a bad D was good. So I had little to say. Preseason doesn't add up to much. I won't be participating in this board further other than to clear up any questions in this thread. I've been thrown out of better places than this. If I can't post under my tribute name, then I must defer to the wisdom of the mods and not participate. Nothing personal against you or anybody else here Truechump. It's football talk to me, and if somebody says something stupid, I'm telling them so. That's how it works. Really, it's about 4 people I ever called names. Be well and Go Pats!

I can't imagine why you would be thrown out of any place. You seem so nice.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]I used to enjoy Rusty's posts but I think he went overboard with the insults and his need to obsessively blow his own horn. In my mind, Rusty went from being a great contributor to this board to being the main source of divisiveness. I can understand how others tired of Babe's frequent threads countering Rusty's anti-Brady rants or trucechamp's and wozzy's critiques of the play calling, but honestly I thought Babe was still mostly about football. Rusty though had become a problem who always turned threads into pissing contests. It's too bad because over the years I became sort of fond of Rusty, but I think this board is now better without him. Maybe, though, he can come back and tone it down a few notches. If he could do that, I'd be glad to see him back. No one questions the fact that both Babe andRusty are true fans, so having them back would be great--but only if the divisive fighting would end because the more polite discussion we have going on now is much better.
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

I also used to enjoy Rusty's posts, but as you said it wore thin. I couldn't stand listening to his endless anti Brady rants, and constant arguments with trolls, but Babe was no better. He was just as bad as Rusty, if not worse. They are both intelligent people and may or may not be fans of the Pats, but neither could figure out you can't constantly degrade people. If you were ok with that then fine. To each his own, but no matter how much I liked Rusty's enthusiasm, or agreed with some of his observations(as you apparently did babe) I grew tired of his aggressive, and rude comments toward other posters. Babe was exactly the same. If yoy didn't agree with him, then you were a..... insert whatever insult here__________

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has anyone else noticed a change for the better in the board? :  the wisdom of the mods

'the wisdom of the mods'

And that, boys and girls, is a prize winning example of an oxymoron

Thank you, Babe

FWIW, I thought you were right more than you were wrong/respectful more than you were insulting

PS I hope your pledge to leave the board lasts about as long as your retirement from message boarding did from earlier this year (approx 23 hours, as I recall) 

In other words, seeya tomorrow

Peace

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]Insert whatever insult here,well I never,Oh wait a minute it was the sixties.See this is why after 1975 all cars came with disc brakes.
    Posted by sod11[/QUOTE]

"Insert whatever insult here,well I never,"

enjoyed that good humored, er humor....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has anyone else noticed a change for the better in the board? : 'the wisdom of the mods' And that, boys and girls, is a prize winning example of an oxymoron Thank you, Babe FWIW, I thought you were right more than you were wrong/respectful more than you were insulting PS I hope your pledge to leave the board lasts about as long as your retirement from message boarding did from earlier this year (approx 23 hours, as I recall)  In other words, seeya tomorrow Peace
    Posted by AcheNot[/QUOTE]

funny post

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wanghunglow. Show wanghunglow's posts

[QUOTE]Wang hung low is there any reason you are missing your teeth?
    Posted by sod11[/QUOTE]

Could be because I'm 4,788 years old.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has anyone else noticed a change for the better in the board? : I also used to enjoy Rusty's posts, but as you said it wore thin. I couldn't stand listening to his endless anti Brady rants, and constant arguments with trolls, but Babe was no better. He was just as bad as Rusty, if not worse. They are both intelligent people and may or may not be fans of the Pats, but neither could figure out you can't constantly degrade people. If you were ok with that then fine. To each his own, but no matter how much I liked Rusty's enthusiasm, or agreed with some of his observations(as you apparently did babe) I grew tired of his aggressive, and rude comments toward other posters. Babe was exactly the same. If yoy didn't agree with him, then you were a..... insert whatever insult here__________
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Stop whining like the crybaby imbecile you are.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from wanghunglow. Show wanghunglow's posts

See, Babe can still post.

posted at 8/28/2012 2:45 AM EDT
    First: 5/29/2008
    Last: 8/28/2012
    In Response to Re: Has anyone else noticed a change for the better in the board? : I also used to enjoy Rusty's posts, but as you said it wore thin. I couldn't stand listening to his endless anti Brady rants, and constant arguments with trolls, but Babe was no better. He was just as bad as Rusty, if not worse. They are both intelligent people and may or may not be fans of the Pats, but neither could figure out you can't constantly degrade people. If you were ok with that then fine. To each his own, but no matter how much I liked Rusty's enthusiasm, or agreed with some of his observations(as you apparently did babe) I grew tired of his aggressive, and rude comments toward other posters. Babe was exactly the same. If yoy didn't agree with him, then you were a..... insert whatever insult here__________
    Posted by TrueChamp

Stop whining like the crybaby imbecile you are.

Every time in 2011 that Brady threw 40 times or more, we either won, or the defense allowed the losing points to be scored with less than a minute to play.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

From the look of this post wang, it's your fellow posters who think you don't belong, even more than the mods but...

To everyone here who enjoyed peace for the last few days I suggest: Please don't feed the trolls.

So much for peaceful, intelligent, respectful dialogue.

Back on ignore you go...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Agreed, I thought Babe contributed some good stuff here but the "crybaby imbecile" above shows he is ready to get in the mud with people quickly and he's built up grudges the size of the grand canyon. Gonna try to focus on football and not get into it....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

who's babe and rusty?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Agreed, I thought Babe contributed some good stuff here but the "crybaby imbecile" above shows he is ready to get in the mud with people quickly and he's built up grudges the size of the grand canyon. Gonna try to focus on football and not get into it....
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

4 posters. That's it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wanghunglow. Show wanghunglow's posts

posted at 8/28/2012 11:59 AM EDT
    First: 5/29/2008
    Last: 8/28/2012
    Agreed, I thought Babe contributed some good stuff here but the "crybaby imbecile" above shows he is ready to get in the mud with people quickly and he's built up grudges the size of the grand canyon. Gonna try to focus on football and not get into it....
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker

4 posters. That's it.

Every time in 2011 that Brady threw 40 times or more, we either won, or the defense allowed the losing points to be scored with less than a minute to play.

Sections
Shortcuts