Has anyone heard

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: Has anyone heard

I'm going to drop a line to Boston.com and recommend that they exercise some truth in advertising and label this forum "How to complain about those who disrupt and annoy by inviting them to disrupt and annoy in 3 easy posts".

What an incredible waste of time, space and Patriots advocacy!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from habssuck09. Show habssuck09's posts

In Response to Re: Has anyone heard:
    [QUOTE]It's ok. By Week 6, they'll all be gone anyway.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

Week six ...I give it after week two when they are 0-2

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Has anyone heard : You have to understand everyone sees Brady's deal differently so thats why so many posts. As for crippling the Patriots remember next year all the running backs will be gone, the big money (Mankin) will be gone, Moss will be gone, the NFL will be shut out and Fans will be up in arms.  At the very least, Lord Helmet Peyton produces for his pay, Brady does also, but  as for Eli, come on now had his last name not been Manning he would be parking cars out back of Hooters.
    Posted by MatildaWanna[/QUOTE]

I would not trust Eli to park my car.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

I'll admit it when I am wrong.   In my opinion, they can't sign all of them.  This what I said from the beginning.  Even if they do it, they'll have nothing for free agents who can have an impact.

Kiss goodbye 3/4 of your starting D next year.

Sanchez, Revis, Mangold and D'Bustashaw are all taking up big dollars right now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

hahahaha, this is too freaking funny.  I would have not brought up the cap issue if rustytrombone had not been throwing it in my face about revis.  I used 150M as an example.  RT insults me because he knows for a fact somehow that the cap will be less. That proves my point even further.  If it is less, a larger portion will be used for 1 player on the offensive side of the ball.  Defense wins championships, you said it most of us agree with it.  good luck signing moss, that would put you over 20% on just 2 players on your offense.  The dynasty is over, it will be shattered in week 2.  I will be back!!!

BTW, funny that your nickname stuck with you...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggggg. Show underdoggggg's posts

Test

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

It'd be more effective if the nickname was creative or actually, you know, funny?

What dorks.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

"Has anyone heard"

That you are a pathetic Jets fan! Yeah, we know already Buddy Boy!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

lolololol, phatrex @ RT "Although you seem to think that the cap will decrease, that is irrelevent because you are a moron".

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

It will not go up.  Not in this economy, dribble lips.

It may flatten out for now, but the rate it had been increasing under the CBA will not be the same.  Or, it may be reduced if the owners win that battle.

Ellis is 32 years old.

Bart Scott, Calvin Pace, Bryan Thomas, Jason Taylor, Santonio Holmes, LT, Damien Woody, etc, are all pricey veterans who either older or going to be free agents to boot.

I  have to laugh at brain dead Jets fans who are in a one year window to sell PSLs, without Monday night even sold out yet, and they call me a moron.

You are the same rubes who didn't know Revis was getting 16.25 this year and next.

The irony.

Enjoy!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

You guys had playoff tickets available the day of the game so dont come at me like a spider monkey all hopped up on mountain dew over monday night. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has anyone heard : Ooooh, so now it's not about losing 3/4 of the defense?  And with all those "pricey" veterans and big contract to the young core players, still that far under the 'cap'.  Your argument just doesn't seem to add up the way you want it to.  Do you know who else will be FAs?  Moss, Maroney, Taylor, Faulk, Light... I guess the PAts will be going to the famed 1 back running game, featuring Sammy Morris.  Ellis is 32?  Wow! That would make him the 5th oldest starter on the Patriots. Do you realize that the fact that the cap will increase is completely separate from the rate at which it increases? A lesser rate of increase is still an increase.  If there is no increase, there will be no football.  If you are so particular about one year, instead of the average of the contract (all of the sudden) you should know that Revis is getting 7 mil this year.  Should we start taking selected years of everyones contract to try make our point?  Tell me, what 1 player  does Wilfork neutralize every week for his 19 mil?  Not Mangold, that's for sure.  Good observation on the Jets's veterans getting older.  Not only that, but the rookies are getting older too.  In fact, I read recently that everyone is.  I'm not convinced now, though.  If you said it, it's likely a lie.   
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

It's a lie that the Jets are in a one year window based on their own admission, have had poor drafts the last 2 years and will be seeing a max exodus in free agents in 2011?

Really?

Is it also a lie that a brand new stadium with a home opener on a Monday night after Hard KNocks and months of babbling by a self absorbed owner, GM, coach and players is not sold out???

Wilfork is double teamed on every play, dumb-dumb. Not one player, 2.

Everyone finds it highly comical that you don't know about economics, how a team should approach building a winner for the long term, and that you don't know about your own team or owner's issues.

I suppose Mark Sanchez is an MVP candidiate too?  lol!!

Enjoy your delusions of grandeur.

Rude awakening on Monday night.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Has anyone heard:
    [QUOTE]If Brady has resigned?  What is up with you fools?  How many posts do you need about the same thing? I, for one, am pretty happy.  Regardless if Brady deserves this money (he does), 20 mil a year will cripple that Patriots for the next few years.  This explains the youth (cheap money) movement. 

You are such a fool.  This cripples us, but the Revis money AND the Sanchize money is no big deal.  You are trying to eat soup with a fork.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoPinkHatPatsFans. Show NoPinkHatPatsFans's posts

Deleting posts?  Was I banned again for no reason and doing nothing worse than the resident trolls?

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has anyone heard : Sounds like we agree.  Of course it will go up.  Only a fool would think otherwise.  somewhere in the 135-140 range.  It's just not that big of a deal. Teams have to be willing to make the big decision.  For the Pats, it'll be not resigning Moss. 

Man, I hate calling myself a fool, but that is what I will do.  No, on second thought I won't.  Let me say that whether the CAP goes up or down depends on:

1.  The owners have dug in pretty hard on insisting that the percentage of revenue going to the players must decrease.  Hard to raise the CAP and do that at the same time.  In fact, it will be hard to even keep the CAP the same.  BUT...

2. The season will almost certainly increase by a game or two.  This will increase revenue for the league (mostly from TV).  If the owners got everything they wanted, the players percentage of revenue will go down, but since revenue goes up, perhaps the players see roughly the same CAP as today.  BUT...

3. The players are all going to want an increase in pay for the extra games.  That makes it real hard for the owners to give the players less of the revenue and even keep the CAP the same.  SO...

4. The only likely way the CAP goes up is if the players are able to maintain the same percentage of revenue as they do today.  HOWEVER...

5. Since they will all want more pay for the extra games, any increase in the CAP is basically used to compensate the players for the extra game(s).  It really doesn't help matters at all.

So, in light of the above positions that both the NFL and the players union have stated frequently, I don't think it's foolish to think anything about the CAP.  In a perfect world, there is some sort of "grandfather" clause for deals done in the uncapped year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I don't see how the owners can realistically expand the schedule (a stated objective) without expanding the roster. The cap simply must go up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]I don't see how the owners can realistically expand the schedule (a stated objective) without expanding the roster. The cap simply must go up.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Which can be added to the reason why, even if the CAP does go up, it doesn't really help teams who have signed big deals.  Any increase in CAP will simply go to the extra players on the roster, or to all of the players who insist on getting paid more for more games.

If you think about the positions each side has taken, it's hard to imagine them reaching an agreement before the 11th hour.  I think our offseason next year is going to be long and basically s&ck.

Sections
Shortcuts