Has Anyone seen J-bolt??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Re: Has Anyone seen J-bolt??

In Response to Re: Has Anyone seen J-bolt??:
    [QUOTE]But  gr82bme , it's not Jbolt's fault the Chargers couldn't make the playoffs LOL. Hey, the Chargers could have played the Pats tough - IF they had made it in etc etc. The rise of the Chiefs has shown the Chargers they can no longer goof around for half the year and then win the division to make the playoffs. I warned JBolt all year his team was not relevant to the football discussion in 2010 but he kept popping his head in here to talk smack about a team that can't even beat the Jets out for a wild card spot.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

I recall an interaction I had with the child after the Pats victory on 10/24. He said that he wasn't "afraid" of the 2-5 schedule, OR missing the playoffs, and that they (BOlts) were still the team to beat in the AFC West. I wonder if he's afraid now?

Well, I'm going to do my civic duty. I'm fixing to leave home to go to teh Post Office. I'll check the posters, especially those "Have You Seen Me?" ones. He'll be the easy one to spot: He'll have a Von's grocery store brown paper sack with a #17 on it over his head, holding a "I LUV NORV!" poster.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

JBolt = Underdog = Leon = Togah = Reg22 = TexasPat = every other toll on here.  

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

[QUOTE]Hi everyone Good luck the rest of the way. This group of Chargers is not good enough and the team brass should be held accountable. It's Karma from an owner who refused to pay his best players (VJ & BigMac). So you better hope Mr. Razor pays Mankins before early FEB to have any shot at a SB title. regards
    Posted by jbolted[/QUOTE]

First Seau, then Tomlinson, then Merriman.

How long before Rivers leaves for a real football team?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ltown1. Show Ltown1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has Anyone seen J-bolt?? : Hmmm.. JBolt... very ballsy of you to be here after such a humiliating defeat of your Bolts at the hands of the Bengals.  That's more than we can say of Jets' fans who disappear for days, if not weeks at a time until their team does win a game.  I am certain you are scratching your head, as well as everyone else, including fans here, about why the Bolts just didn't get it done with the talend they have.  Seems they can't rely on their division to be bad anymore given the emergence of the Chiefs.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

Well said.

I've been telling Jbolt that the weak division the Chargers play in is the main reason for their success.   I've stated that in any other division, they're a 500 team.

With the Chiefs and Oakland playing better, it's looking more and more like I was right.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hayley-1999. Show hayley-1999's posts

Good bye J- bolt , your team is the first to be statistically rated #1 on both defense and offense to not make the play-offs in the history of the NFL. I'd be hiding too , if I were you!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has Anyone seen J-bolt?? : I recall an interaction I had with the child after the Pats victory on 10/24. He said that he wasn't "afraid" of the 2-5 schedule, OR missing the playoffs, and that they (BOlts) were still the team to beat in the AFC West. I wonder if he's afraid now? Well, I'm going to do my civic duty. I'm fixing to leave home to go to teh Post Office. I'll check the posters, especially those "Have You Seen Me?" ones. He'll be the easy one to spot: He'll have a Von's grocery store brown paper sack with a #17 on it over his head, holding a "I LUV NORV!" poster.
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

I specifically remember jbolted coming in here after San Dago snuck by Tennessee at home (24-17, or something like that) and was barking about how Norv said the Titans were the "toughest team they'd face all year."

I thought that was pretty funny at the time.

I think it's even funnier now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]Hi everyone Good luck the rest of the way. This group of Chargers is not good enough and the team brass should be held accountable. It's Karma from an owner who refused to pay his best players (VJ & BigMac). So you better hope Mr. Razor pays Mankins before early FEB to have any shot at a SB title. regards

One question; so Norv (which means "one who folds" in Spanish) has nothing to do with the Bolts' annual nose dive?

Can anyone explain why this man still has a job?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has Anyone seen J-bolt?? : I specifically remember jbolted coming in here after San Dago snuck by Tennessee at home (24-17, or something like that) and was barking about how Norv said the Titans were the "toughest team they'd face all year." I thought that was pretty funny at the time. I think it's even funnier now.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Nope! Picture's not hanging up in the Post Office! This must mean that he's lying low, trying to come up with more in-season funny stuff on how their demise this seaso really wasn't that bad, seeing that the worst they can finish is 8-8. LMFAO!
    That team underachieved soooo many ways this season! I'll bet Uncle Norv gets the boot; deservedly so. Then we'll get 3-5 yeras of how great they are going to be when they complete their rebuilding. 

We can set this to music: the Doobie Brothers "What A Fool Believes"...... 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Hey AZPat never been to Arizona but I know it rocks because it is the home of www.jgsales.com

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]Hey AZPat never been to Arizona but I know it rocks because it is the home of www.jgsales.com
    Posted by patsfaninpa420[/QUOTE]

It rocks because:

1) We can plan an outdors activity for practically anytime next year and have it be sunny out.
    2) We always get good bowl games(s) every year (Insight Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, and BCS Championship game, in rotation)
    3) It's a destination location
    4) Don't have to scrape winter off my windshield
    5) Low taxes
    6) Close enought o drive to Las Vegas for weekends
    7) The colors and scenery of teh landscapes 24/7/365
    8) Can ski in the morning (Flagstaff), and be in my heated pool/hot tub in the evening
    9) I can actually watch an entire MNF game BEFORE having to go to bed!
    10) Golf! Golf! Golf!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

[QUOTE]JBolt definitely gets credit as amongst trolls he's one of the few to show up and take his lumps like a man. As for this comment from JBolt: " This group of Chargers is not good enough and the team brass should be held accountable. It's Karma from an owner who refused to pay his best players (VJ & BigMac)." I agree only to a point. I still think the Chargers have enough talent to be in the playoffs. I think it has more to do with a lack of winning culture in the organization. These Chargers actually remind me a bit of the Bledsoe Pats (though we did make it to the postseason more consistently). That team always believed its press clippings a bit too much and was at risk for disappointing losses. Except that Rivers is better (a lot) than Bledsoe was so the Chargers downfall is more startling.  JBolt, I hope for your sake the Chargers sort it out because I like the Pats/Chargers face offs a lot. It's not the same without LT there but it's still a good face off.  p.s. JBolt, Mankins is playing great but true Pats fans have learned not to sweat stuff like that. See: Randy Moss, etc. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]
    Its Spanos, he'e trying to sell to 30% to AEG  which is based in LA. This town deserves better. IMcurrentlyhumbledO, Norv & AJ need to go. This is a tired act.  The Bolts have alot of talent, but not what it was a couple of years ago (that's AJ's fault). The Bolts look like world beaters one week andcream buffs the next( thats Norv's fault). The team missing an allpro  LT & WR to break camp (is Spanos fault). If they do end up leaving, they should leave the team name here, like Cleveland did. When I say good luck, I mean it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

It will to be interesting to see if the 1st 2nd & 3rd year players of the Patriots can actually win a post season game, BBReigns.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]It will to be interesting to see if the 1st 2nd & 3rd year players of the Patriots can actually win a post season game, BBReigns.

That's a fair question to ask.  Young players will always have that question mark until they have actually won in the postseason.  That said, I think some of the young guys have the "Willie Mac" factor.  I expect some big plays from them.  Can't rule out one of them choking though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

Who cares?

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]It will to be interesting to see if the 1st 2nd & 3rd year players of the Patriots can actually win a post season game, BBReigns.

Overrated statement.   These young thing players have built their character during the season this year.

Sure the games mean more now, but if you look at how much they have grown this season, this little hope of yours comes up real empty.

I don't expect any rookie or to fall apart now.  Not happening.  The coaching is strong and they have good leadership in the locker room again.

If anything a lot of 2nd year or rookie players LAST YEAR saw what not to do in the playoffs.

BB's draft picks this year will all Captains in college.  Don't think for a second that is a coincidence.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Tex Thanks for the "shiny hood ornament theory" post. Next questions: How much should teams invest in WR's? When do WR's change the equation? What kind of wide receivers should one invest in? I suggest you open this up as a new discussion.
    Posted by NYC[/QUOTE]

Using the Pats as an example, who did they have as WRs in the 2001 SB season? Troy Brown, David Patten, and the Pats got rid of diva Terry Glenn.  In the 2003 SB season, their WRs were Deion Branch, David Givens, and David Patten; In the 2004 SB season, their WRs were Branch and Givens.

As you can see, the Pats had no real stars at WR. Sure, Troy Brown had a career year in 2001. But, how much of that was due to Tom Brady, the coaching staff, and the fact that Troy was really the only viable option to go to? Deion on Branch was a good player, not a great one. Deion benefitted from having om Brady as his QB. We saw this when he went to Seattle, and accomplished nothing. Finally, in 2010, the Patriots' offense explodes after trading Randy Moss...and going with smurfs, Wes Welker and an older, wiser Deion Branch.

Should teams invest big money in WRs? No. How much did the Dolphins benefit by having Brandon Marshall? In the NFL, generally speaking, teams win when they have a good QB, and are dominant on the OL, and DL.

When do  WRs change the equation? Occasionally, when a team has a stud like Plaxico Burress, Larry Fitzgerald, and Jerry Rice...they can make a difference. But, how good are these guys without a good QB? Plax didn't win with Cordell Stewart, or with rookie Ben Roethlisberger. Fitzgerald is irrelevant without Kurt Warner. Jerry Rice wouldn't have been Jerry Rice without Joe Montana and Steve Young.

In fact...in that silly top 100 players list named by the NFL Network, it was a joke that Rice was named the best football player of all-time. Yes...Rice was a great WR. But, he had a ton of help.        

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

It will to be interesting to see if the 1st 2nd & 3rd year players of the Patriots can actually win a post season game

Well, so far they have won games against the Steelers, Ravens, Jests, and Colts in the AFC. That is four of the (likely) five other teams in the playoffs. They've also won against the Bears and Packers, two possible SB opponents. The defense has steadily improved over the season. They have excellent leadership in Wilfork and Sanders. There's also Mayo though he's young. And when Brady is on he's cut some of the best defenses in the league to shreds. This is the most solid Patriots team since the 04 season, IMO. At the least you won't need to worry about them beating your Chargers...AGAIN!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

When do  WRs change the equation? Occasionally, when a team has a stud like Plaxico Burress, Larry Fitzgerald, and Jerry Rice...they can make a difference. But, how good are these guys without a good QB?

Also, I'd say that these WRs can make plays, but not really be the difference in winning or losing the game. As you stated, Tom Brady can make guys like Deion Branch and David Givens look like any of the three WRs you mention. Branch was a SB MVP and tied Rice's reception record in SB39. He's also been "Rice-like" in the playoffs with huge plays. They tried out Moss, and he did put up great numbers for a while. But they failed to get a Lombardi. Brady only needs dependable WRs, not superstars or divas!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]When do  WRs change the equation? Occasionally, when a team has a stud like Plaxico Burress, Larry Fitzgerald, and Jerry Rice...they can make a difference. But, how good are these guys without a good QB? Also, I'd say that these WRs can make plays, but not really be the difference in winning or losing the game. As you stated, Tom Brady can make guys like Deion Branch and David Givens look like any of the three WRs you mention. Branch was a SB MVP and tied Rice's reception record in SB39. He's also been "Rice-like" in the playoffs with huge plays. They tried out Moss, and he did put up great numbers for a while. But they failed to get a Lombardi. Brady only needs dependable WRs, not superstars or divas!
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

It just seems that QBs do better when they are not "obligated" to throw to a certain receiver. How many times did Brady try to force the ball to Randy Moss deep, leading to interceptions? Was it just a coincidence that Cincinnati's Carson Palmer had his best game of the season, when playing without TO and Ochocinco? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from diiidiii73. Show diiidiii73's posts

In Response to Has Anyone seen J-bolt??:
    [QUOTE]has anyone seen him?? he was talking a lot of smack last week and with them lossing 34-14 atm i figured he'd want to come by and say hi.
    Posted by Soxpatsfan08[/QUOTE]

i think he,s gone to the seven eleven to get jumper cables

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]The funny thing is that we have all been telling Jbolt since they hired Turner that he was a bad head coach and Jbolt just wouldnt hear what people had to say and now that its clearly his fault now he wants to talk about how he needs to go but news flash jbolt they should have gotten rid of Turner a long long time ago. Like the day after the hired him.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Shows there's hope for the "JBolted One"?  THings like this happen when he can't convince himself any longer.

Sections
Shortcuts