HAS BELICHICK "JUMPED THE SHARK "?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptFoxboro. Show CaptFoxboro's posts

HAS BELICHICK "JUMPED THE SHARK "?

So far ...The Pats have basically stood Pat .

Possibly overpaying an average D Player that may or may not have gotten anything close to his 3 year -nearly 19 million dollar contract  ( Banta -Cain )

Shoveling 40 million to a guy that they had under contract anyway for 7 mil (Wilfork ) and could have probably extended for less at any pt last year ( and skipped the bad blood altogether )

Resigning the weakest link on Offence ( Neal )

Signing a total of ZERO free agent guys thus far 

Making Zero deals
    ( while rivals like Ravens add their possible missing link to a championship  /> Bolden )

&

Considering even the most die hard fan would be hard pressed to point out BB's consistant Draft prowess ...especially in the early rounds.
       Zero drafted Pro Bowlers since Mankins ( 05 ) ...unless u count Brandon "U-Turn " Merriweathers "excuse-me -but -nobody else wants -2 -play " invite from last year )
       It's definitely getting tougher to swallow the "IN BILL WE TRUST " on draft days ( especially when he trades down for "value " and passes on Guys that can actually play ..OHER / MATTHEWS / MALEUGA / BYRD  )

So .... That said ,

IS IT POSSIBLE BILL HAS JUMPED THE SHARK ?

( I'M JUST ASKIN' )

NOTE :  If interested in my rebuttal to "Much deserved heat" : See page 2

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dvegas74. Show dvegas74's posts

Re: HAS BELICHICK "JUMPED THE SHARK "?

In Response to HAS BELICHICK "JUMPED THE SHARK "?:
      So far ... The Pats have basically stood Pat .  Possibly overpaying an average D Player that may or may not have gotten anything close to his 3 year -nearly 19 million dollar contract  ( Banta -Cain )  Shoveling 40 million to a guy that they had under contract anyway for 7 mil (Wilfork ) and could have probably extended for less at any pt last year ( and skipped the bad blood altogether ) Resigning the weakest link on Offence ( Neal ) &  Signing a total of ZERO free agent guys thus far  &    Making Zero deals ( while rivals like Ravens add their possible missing link to a championship  /> Bolden )  & Considering even the most die hard fan would be hard pressed to point out BB's consistant Draft prowess ...especially in the early rounds.    Zero drafted Pro Bowlers since Mankins ( 05 ) ...unless u count Brandon "U-Turn " Merriweathers "excuse-me -but -nobody else wants -2 -play " invite from last year )    It's definitely getting tougher to swallow the "IN BILL WE TRUST " on draft days ( especially when he trades down for "value " and passes on Guys that can actually play ..OHER / MATTHEWS / MALEUGA / BYRD  ) So .... That said , IS IT POSSIBLE BILL HAS JUMPED THE SHARK ? ( I'M JUST ASKIN' )  
    Posted by CaptFoxboro

You make me sick to my tummy!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

So far ... The Pats have basically stood Pat .  Possibly overpaying an average D Player that may or may not have gotten anything close to his 3 year -nearly 19 million dollar contract  ( Banta -Cain )  Shoveling 40 million to a guy that they had under contract anyway for 7 mil (Wilfork ) and could have probably extended for less at any pt last year ( and skipped the bad blood altogether ) Resigning the weakest link on Offence ( Neal ) &  Signing a total of ZERO free agent guys thus far  &    Making Zero deals ( while rivals like Ravens add their possible missing link to a championship  /> Bolden )  & Considering even the most die hard fan would be hard pressed to point out BB's consistant Draft prowess ...especially in the early rounds.    Zero drafted Pro Bowlers since Mankins ( 05 ) ...unless u count Brandon "U-Turn " Merriweathers "excuse-me -but -nobody else wants -2 -play " invite from last year )    It's definitely getting tougher to swallow the "IN BILL WE TRUST " on draft days ( especially when he trades down for "value " and passes on Guys that can actually play ..OHER / MATTHEWS / MALEUGA / BYRD  ) So .... That said , IS IT POSSIBLE BILL HAS JUMPED THE SHARK ? ( I'M JUST ASKIN' )  
    Posted by CaptFoxboro

think before you speak.   wilfork is a stud and its better to have him wrapped up and happy rather then come to camp upset or skip it because he was franchised.

neal is the best run blocking RG in the game right now.  so says the experts.  weak link, your crazy.

banta cain, seems a little high but his experience in the system and production last year, maybe a sign of more good things to come from him.

get a clue pal.

this was a great first day to free agency, they didn't overpay for marginal talent and locked up some key players.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccusson1122. Show ccusson1122's posts

your garbage

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Jumping the shark is an idiom used to describe the moment of downturn for a previously successful enterprise. The phrase was originally used to denote the point in a television program's history where the plot spins off into absurd story lines or unlikely characterizations. These changes were often the result of efforts to revive interest in a show whose viewership has begun to decline, usually through the employment of different actors, writers or producers.

...had to look that one up.  Personally, I would have used a different axion altogether-Although I found the "Pats have stayed pat" quite fitting, and possibly open to dual-intrepretation.  But off of THAT point, I see nothing new at all, So Belichcik really ISN'T doing any kind of wacky and zany moves to desperately spin something new or even minorly different (in a desperate sense). 

First, I think you watch too much TV.  Second-I mean, not to be a stickler here, so maybe IF you get to go to a Patriot's Game this year and the team's losing the game big time, they might show a clip of Belichick with a big ole grin and forth of july top hat with roman candles tapped to his hands juggling them in order to peak he crowd's wanning interest.  Heck, ya might get lucky and they could show a re-run clip of Fonzie on water-skiis in Happy Day's 18th season, literally jumping a shark... 

THEN you can say, "Heyyyy-ayeee...I called that one."  Then whomever you went with might give you a 2-thumbs up, and you both can straighten up your black leather jacket collars high over the sides of your chin as you finger-snap your way outta the building while combing your 50's weave hair (not sayin you got that type of hairdo, but if you're gonna do the whole bit, go the full distance)...  Overall, to me that'd say, "Too Cool for School."  Although, I guess that addage doesn't fit any good either, so "I'm the pot calling the kettle black" as I'm "Preachin' to the choir."  Seriously though, Remember Fonzie on those skiis...ahh, He could do it all.... 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

I'm sorry Capt but you have no clue what you're talking about.  Neal is one of the best RG in the league.  His blocking metrics are extremely good...Banta-Cain got what he got because 10 sack defenders are in demand around the league...in terms of signing other teams' free agents, its been ONE DAY for crying out loud.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from timsandra. Show timsandra's posts

CAPTFOXBORO Your moronic rantings make it look like your trying to be a Dan Shaughnessey!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

It has been just a little over 24 hours since free agency has started and we have resigned two of our best defensive players from last year. I would say that's a good start. Not signing Vince would have been disastrous in my opinion. On a team that lacked leadership from the players, I see him really stepping up this coming year. I remember his reaction to last years playoff loss. He was a very unhappy man. Now that he is locked up for five years and knows he's not going anywhere, look for him to become that new defensive leader they were lacking last year. There will be more free agents signed. It is very early.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In Response to Re: HAS BELICHICK "JUMPED THE SHARK "?:
    CAPTFOXBORO Your moronic rantings make it look like your trying to be a Dan Shaughnessey!
    Posted by timsandra

Now, that's what I call hitting below the belt!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from InaPatsstateofmind. Show InaPatsstateofmind's posts

These moves should have happened weeks ago...instead of consumming time on a very important date!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

I bet you are the same cretin that claims the Krafts / Patriots/ are cheap.  Get a clue!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

I think many of the clubs waited so that they could see how the market set.

So I don't se an issue with waiting till now.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from datdude401. Show datdude401's posts

No they've come to there senses!

The gut who started t his thread needs to be tar, feathered & stoned. GTFOH the just insured their most important player(defensively) will be around for 5yrs. How could you be sour on Tully. Obviously, He was getting interest so they locked him up. He had 10 sacks last season and he was a good locker room. I figured it out. This must be Adailus Thomas 's thread, eh?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarylandFan. Show MarylandFan's posts

VW is a top 5 NT, Neal one of it not the best pulling OG in the NFL and TBC w/10 sacks was the Pats only viable PRer. Let the other desperate teams like the Bears and Lions overpay for the Juilius Peppers of the world. The Pats still have all their 2010 draft picks not to mention young players such as Crable, Chung, McKenzie and Tate who hopefully will contribute in 2010.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Posted by CaptFoxboro

Is he bringing in a kid to boost ratings? Then, no. It just means you don't understand the expression.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Jumping the shark is an idiom used to describe the moment of downturn for a previously successful enterprise. The phrase was originally used to denote the point in a television program 's history where the plot spins off into absurd story lines or unlikely characterizations. These changes were often the result of efforts to revive interest in a show whose viewership has begun to decline, usually through the employment of different actors, writers or producers. ...had to look that one up.  Personally, I would have used a different axion altogether-Although I found the "Pats have stayed pat" quite fitting, and possibly open to dual-intrepretation.  But off of THAT point, I see nothing new at all, So Belichcik really ISN'T doing any kind of wacky and zany moves to desperately spin something new or even minorly different (in a desperate sense).  First, I think you watch too much TV.  Second-I mean, not to be a stickler here, so maybe IF you get to go to a Patriot's Game this year and the team's losing the game big time, they might show a clip of Belichick with a big ole grin and forth of july top hat with roman candles tapped to his hands juggling them in order to peak he crowd's wanning interest.  Heck, ya might get lucky and they could show a re-run clip of Fonzie on water-skiis in Happy Day's 18th season, literally jumping a shark...  THEN you can say, "Heyyyy-ayeee...I called that one."  Then whomever you went with might give you a 2-thumbs up, and you both can straighten up your black leather jacket collars high over the sides of your chin as you finger-snap your way outta the building while combing your 50's weave hair (not sayin you got that type of hairdo, but if you're gonna do the whole bit, go the full distance)...  Overall, to me that'd say, "Too Cool for School."  Although, I guess that addage doesn't fit any good either, so "I'm the pot calling the kettle black" as I'm "Preachin' to the choir."  Seriously though, Remember Fonzie on those skiis...ahh, He could do it all.... 
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Hey, Laz, the cool thing about the Fonz was that he never touched his hair. He just pulled the comb out like he thought he had to, looked in the mirror and thought, "It's already perfect.", give the "Ayyye!" and walk out.

Someone gave me the Arrested Development DVDs a couple of months ago. Great show, BTW. Henry Winkler plays a completely inept lawyer who at one point is looking at a dead shark on the pier. To leave the scene, he jumps over it. 

His best line (that I recall) is when he tells the family that he didn't read the 4-inch thick book of charges against the father, then mentions that he is "dating again". The scene cuts to a flashback of the night before of him pulling up next to a street walker. He rolls down the window and after the woman asks him if he wants a date, he says "You aren't one of those men dressed like a woman, are you?" When she starts to respond with a no, he just drives off.  

BTW, the word "ho oker" can't be used on the forum. I guess  a lot of folks were calling others "Smelly Pirate Ho oker".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Thanks Laz for the info, I had never heard that idiom before. There was a lot of panic and castigating here yesterday. Hopefully people calm down and realize this is business as usual for the Patriots.

I still believe NE is set up better than any other team to reload in the draft this year. Hopefully, all the stockpiling of picks results in bringing in quality young players this year not future years. However, the Pats won't mortgage the future to bring in one or two free agents as some here demand.

With four picks in the first two rounds this year and two number ones next year NE should be able to fill needed holes and remain competitive for years to come. Sometimes it takes luck to make it to the super bowl, but you have to be in the playoffs first, which NE has done as much as any other team. What more can you ask of your team?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Happy Days Series 2 Fonzie Jumps The Shark Action Figure

smartie-remark: "Hey bud, Leather jackets aren't 'cool' ya know!"

Richie
    : "But fonz...One slip and chomp, Chomp, CHOMP!"
    Fonzie: "I was dared, so I gotta jump. That's that. Where's Ralph-malph or Potsie or Chachi or one of them comic sidebar characters so I can give out a good luck noogie. Ughh, I wish they'd bring back Richie's brother 'Chuck' in a lost cameo as am amnesiac 'Nam P.O.W....that's what'd I have done. A shark?

note: bendable knee action figure Fonz for full jump extension & better shark diverting maneurverability.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Also, fluorescent green life-preservers and baby blue above-the-knee swim trunks, Go with black leather jackets like "Cool" goes with "Tool" (wait a second)...  Wasn't Winkler Bobby Bouchar(d)'s Coach?  It's all become finally so completely clear at last...the shark is really Adam Sandler in a shark suit!  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

smartie-remark: " Hey bud, Leather jackets aren't 'cool' ya know !" Richie : " But fonz...One slip and chomp, Chomp, CHOMP !" Fonzie : " I was dared, so I gotta jump. That's that. Where's Ralph-malph or Potsie or Chachi or one of them comic sidebar characters so I can give out a good luck noogie. Ughh, I wish they'd bring back Richie's brother 'Chuck' in a lost cameo as am amnesiac 'Nam P.O.W....that's what'd I have done. A shark ? note: bendable knee action figure Fonz for full jump extension & better shark diverting maneurverability.  

The great thing about this is that Arthur Fonzarelli was a juvenile delinquent from Milwaukee who happened to learn how to water ski along the way. Yeah, Milwaukee is on the water, but I just don't see a Summer program for jds on the water.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

No.  He hasn't.  I was MUCH more upset when he let the BEST HITTING SAFETY EVER, Lawyer Milloy, go.  Guess that one was ok.  I never understand what the Patriots are doing, and they never do what I want them to.  It always seems like the Steelers or the Colts can find amazing guys everywhere, while we get mostly duds.  And yet, upon closer inspection, we do ok at most positions, and are competitive.  Last year most of the Ls we put up were close, the two notable exceptions being the Saints and the Ravens in the playoffs.  Get one solid corner to go with Bodden, and 2 more receivers, we could have rolled all the way.  I will just have to wait and see.  The brain trust has proven me wrong ALOT, but lately, I look at the D and think even WITH Wilfork it wasn't great, why not change it up? But they wont, and I will just have to wait and see.  Bill B has earned my loyalty THREE different times.  That will take him through another 10 years before I'm calling for his head.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

How did teams that had a great defense do last year? Did any team have a great defense last year? Jets? Packers? Ravens?

Statistically speaking NE's defense was pretty darn good last year; 5th least points allowed and 11th least yards allowed. They just couldn't make the crucial stop when needed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"The great thing about this is that Arthur Fonzarelli was a juvenile delinquent from Milwaukee who happened to learn how to water ski along the way. Yeah, Milwaukee is on the water, but I just don't see a Summer program for jds on the water."

Love ya root...We think alike.  It's not a leather-jacket donned Fonzie jumping over some shark in his perfect-path on that exact, albeit somewhat odd dare because leather jackets aren't cool to some nerdy-kid the fonz just met...  IT'S That, IF you go back to Fonzie's upbringing as a Milwaukee troubled kid, the options for him learning to water-ski were somewhat limited, And so it's THIS tenet that's really, somewhat unfeasibly without any merit and pretty much beyond belief.  I can very much respect this train of thought from another outta-the-box thinker...     

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from poopsteo. Show poopsteo's posts

" The great thing about this is that Arthur Fonzarelli was a juvenile delinquent from Milwaukee who happened to learn how to water ski along the way. Yeah, Milwaukee is on the water, but I just don't see a Summer program for jds on the water ." Love ya root...We think alike.  It's not a leather-jacket donned Fonzie jumping over some shark in his perfect-path on that exact, albeit somewhat odd dare because leather jackets aren't cool to some nerdy-kid the fonz just met...  IT'S That, IF you go back to Fonzie's upbringing as a Milwaukee troubled kid, the options for him learning to water-ski were somewhat limited, And so it's THIS tenet that's really, somewhat unfeasibly without any merit and pretty much beyond belief.  I can very much respect this train of thought from another outta-the-box thinker...     

Thinking anolog in a digital world

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

that was just leon stirring the drink. he's the only one who types with all those silly font sizes.

Sections
Shortcuts