Has Brady become too corporate or elitist?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

Has Brady become too corporate or elitist?

I have been thinking of this for a while. It seems as  gissy has maximized influence in his life, tom more and more has become unrelatable to the average guy. Watching him get on the plane for England in that suit and tie when everyone around him had on sweats was the final straw! it used to be that peyton was viewed as the pampered elitist due to his draft position, stats and pedigree. But let's face it, now that brady has the stats, the hottest gal, and corporate -republican attitude, he is now replacing peyton as the most pampered elitist in the NFL.  Both are still hard working but when one considers that brady came from a very privileged background and his dad is a mega lawyer, it magnifies the light on his present actions even more. At closer look, peyton is more of a blue-collar New England compatible type in just about every way. his dad being a tough grogan-type qb combined with his more every-guy approach and his average looks make him more relatable. 

peyton no longer pouts and stomps on the field while calling out his teammates when he doesnt get his way. Ask Joey Galloway and others if Brady is now that way. Ask those reporters shot at in South America just for doing their miserable jobs if brady is not really like that now. I could go on, but you get the point.

With all this said, I am still a Brady guy on the field and feel honored to have him as a pat! but these are concerning trend lines just as Belichick's shaky draft record from 2006-2008 used to be. As fans, we must be objective at times and not just follow the choir and kool aiders!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately?

Considering how hard all of his current and former teammates say he works, and his tremendous success on the field, who the heck cares if he is enjoying the spoils of success.  If you bust your tail to succeed in life and you end up being one of the best, I say enjoy it.  Live life as full and as hard as you can.  There's a lot of truth in that one commercial that "life can turn on you fast".  Live it up while you can.

BTW, being born into a successful family is not a crime.  It's what happens when one or more generations in the family finds success.  Most of those families instill hard work and competence into their children.  You might be thinking of Paris Hilton and figuring that's the norm; it isn't.  Most parents who have achieved a lot of success are extremely demanding on their children.  Do you think that may be why Brady is one of the hardest workers on the team?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Re: Is Brady just a bit too corporate or elitist lately?

This line of thought on Boston.com is pure B.S. Who cares about Brady's private life, and whether he wears a suit and tie or not. Atleast your a Brady fan and acknowledge it. 

What's important is how well Brady plays on the field, and the fact that he's one of the hardest workers in practice, plus the fact that he's one H*ll of a team leader. Anything outside of that is not important as long as his private life does not affect his on field play, which it hasn't.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

The suit is good, it shows your professionalism... especially when you are going to another country to sell your product. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lexlib. Show lexlib's posts

i don't see anything wrong with the suit. he being the standard bearer of the team needs to look sharp and professional.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheHeart. Show TheHeart's posts

You're an idiot.  Wearing a suit conjures up an elitist theory?  And Peyton Manning the shill for anything to be sold is more blue collar?  You mean the son of a star NFL quarterback had a tough life?  Please!  Crawl back under that rock.

Maybe the other buffoons on the team might try a little professionalism and dress appropriately.  An elitist because he chooses not to wear a sweat suit or a hoodie? 

Yup, you're an idiot.

As for relatability, you'll never meet Brady or Manning while living in Mama's basement!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

You forgot to add a third option.

That your opinion is based on a lack of critical thinking skills. 

Please stop posting them. Everyone loses when reading them.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Wow, you've been thinking on this for a while Huh? Life must be tough. By the way "elitest republicans" went out about 35 years ago with Nixon. You need to adjust that theory too, over to the people who are telling you what you should be eating, driving and what kind of light bulbs you should be using in your house while they're flying around the world burning jet fuel.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I don't know if it is true, but I definitely see your point.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately?:
    [QUOTE]Considering how hard all of his current and former teammates say he works, and his tremendous success on the field, who the heck cares if he is enjoying the spoils of success.  If you bust your tail to succeed in life and you end up being one of the best, I say enjoy it.  Live life as full and as hard as you can.  There's a lot of truth in that one commercial that "life can turn on you fast".  Live it up while you can. BTW, being born into a successful family is not a crime.  It's what happens when one or more generations in the family finds success.  Most of those families instill hard work and competence into their children.  You might be thinking of Paris Hilton and figuring that's the norm; it isn't.  Most parents who have achieved a lot of success are extremely demanding on their children.  Do you think that may be why Brady is one of the hardest workers on the team?
    Posted by carawaydj

That said it all! No more posting on this topic....move on to the game thread.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

NO.  And your question is tilted in the direction of your thinking.  Tom is fine.  Obviously, Galloway had issues.  Tom has a life, he is living it.  Be glad we found him early, got lots of good years out of him, and that he is dedicated to football AND the New England Patriots.  May I remind you that his childhood team is the San Francisco 49ers.  He could have played for them a few years ago.  That being said, I'm NOT a Brady fanatic, I think it was time last year to move him and keep Matt Cassel.  BUT here he is, and I'm glad he is still Tom, and still focused.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

P.S. to thehub-  No more posting on this topic? Who are you, exactly? 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

A no named kid gets drafted 199th,gets his chance when the star goes down,leads an underdog team to it's first Superbowl win. Tom Brady,icon of the American dream. If fashion and high society is his thing then so be it. What single guy wouldn't take the oppurtunity to marry the world's highest paid model and rub elbows with other highly successful people in their assorted fields. The rich and famous hang with the rich and famous. That's just the way it is.BTW if some knuckleheads invaded my privacy at my wedding I'd take a few shots at them too.
        Your comments about corporate republicans went out the window when Obama gave $787,000,000,000 to "corporate America" in the form of bailouts.As a final note,the three richest senators are all democrats. The source of their wealth is from "corporations".

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dplaye. Show dplaye's posts

This is a bit of a reach don't you think.  He could be on every other commercial if he wanted to but he's not. News Flash-success changes people.I'm sure success has changed him a little but that's not quite unlike most people.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snaffew. Show Snaffew's posts

In Response to Is Brady just a bit too corporate or elitist lately?:
    [QUOTE]I have been thinking of this for a while. It seems as  gissy has maximized influence in his life, tom more and more has become unrelatable to the average guy. Watching him get on the plane for England in that suit and tie when everyone around him had on sweats was the final straw! it used to be that peyton was viewed as the pampered elitist due to his draft position, stats and pedigree. But let's face it, now that brady has the stats, the hottest gal, and corporate -republican attitude, he is now replacing peyton as the most pampered elitist in the NFL.  Both are still hard working but when one considers that brady came from a very privileged background and his dad is a mega lawyer, it magnifies the light on his present actions even more. At closer look, peyton is more of a blue-collar New England compatible type in just about every way. his dad being a tough grogan-type qb combined with his more every-guy approach and his average looks make him more relatable.  peyton no longer pouts and stomps on the field while calling out his teammates when he doesnt get his way. Ask Joey Galloway and others if Brady is now that way. Ask those reporters shot at in South America just for doing their miserable jobs if brady is not really like that now. I could go on, but you get the point. With all this said, I am still a Brady guy on the field and feel honored to have him as a pat! but these are concerning trend lines just as Belichick's shaky draft record from 2006-2008 used to be. As fans, we must be objective at times and not just follow the choir and kool aiders!   
    Posted by choircontrarian[/QUOTE]

Brady just lacks personality.  The guy is dry as toast and is easily influenced by the media and his hot, upper crust girlfriend/wife. He is an outstanding quarterback, but he doesn't know how to be loose, relaxed, and one of the guys.  When he, or any player for that matter, goes to work for the patriots, your off field, locker room uniform is definitely NOT a $10k suit.  It should be your favorite ratty tee shirt and jeans/sweats/shorts.  You are a ball player, not a banker.  These guys forget who they are when they have money and try to appear to be something completely different.  You aren't a financial advisor, don't dress like one Tommy Boy!  Tell Gis you're wearing what you want and tough noogies if she doesn't like it!! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Haterade is green, the color of envy...

Payaton Manning shills everything that can possibly be sold, he is the Billy May's of the NFL; corporate..?  Tom has done nothing wrong and his critics are chumps...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatssoxVA. Show PatssoxVA's posts

Tom Brady as an elitist? c'mon..
    The man just want to look good. What should he wear a cutoff hoodie to look like one of the guys?
    The man still has the fire to win and just wants his teammates to give their best effort.
    I'm sure that his early outburst was from frustration at not being able to perform at his usual elite level of play. As his health improves, you'll see the old TB personality emerge. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

Since when has it become a crime to wear a suit? Wearing one doesn't make you corporate or elitist, it just makes you look good, try it sometime.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately?:
    [QUOTE]The suit is good, it shows your professionalism... especially when you are going to another country to sell your product. 
    Posted by Coolguy55220[/QUOTE]

I agree, Tom Brady is the face of the Patriots. He is Mr. Patriot and if he wants to dress up and look good at the same time more power to him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

[QUOTE]I have been thinking of this for a while. It seems as  gissy has maximized influence in his life, tom more and more has become unrelatable to the average guy. Watching him get on the plane for England in that suit and tie when everyone around him had on sweats was the final straw! it used to be that peyton was viewed as the pampered elitist due to his draft position, stats and pedigree. But let's face it, now that brady has the stats, the hottest gal, and corporate -republican attitude, he is now replacing peyton as the most pampered elitist in the NFL.  Both are still hard working but when one considers that brady came from a very privileged background and his dad is a mega lawyer, it magnifies the light on his present actions even more. At closer look, peyton is more of a blue-collar New England compatible type in just about every way. his dad being a tough grogan-type qb combined with his more every-guy approach and his average looks make him more relatable.  peyton no longer pouts and stomps on the field while calling out his teammates when he doesnt get his way. Ask Joey Galloway and others if Brady is now that way. Ask those reporters shot at in South America just for doing their miserable jobs if brady is not really like that now. I could go on, but you get the point. With all this said, I am still a Brady guy on the field and feel honored to have him as a pat! but these are concerning trend lines just as Belichick's shaky draft record from 2006-2008 used to be. As fans, we must be objective at times and not just follow the choir and kool aiders!   
    Posted by choircontrarian[/QUOTE]This is of of the fing stupidist posts I have read here. If Brady wants to wear a nice suit so what? Its his choice. Question the guy because he dresses nice. Get over it. He doesnt like reporters following his everymove while he is on vacation/married... Now he is a elitist. Reporters are just doing their jobs, bla, bla, bla. Try having someone following you around everywhere. He did not tell anyone to shoot at them. If you like Mannning so much and his humble upbringing in Louisiana where he apparently lived in the streets and fought for scraps of food while his Daddy was a NFL QB, then become a Colts fan. I don't know if you are a troll or just delusional?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigDTex. Show BigDTex's posts

What an absurd post. What do you think of the suit wearing elitists in the NBA? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tommic856. Show tommic856's posts

Well I certainly do not read about anything Tom Brady does on a regular basis for underprivilaged kids, not that he does nothing but there sure isn't much about it written. He should start to do something and let it be known what it is he does and how it impacts people. Otherwise he is a republican elitist. His politics is all about money because having children out of wedlock is against everything the GOP stands for.

tom mcmahon
    millis ma

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

The suit is classic and a throw back to the golden days of flying. 

A team leader should look the part.  He's representing the NFL and the United States on a trip abroad.  I dig it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from notanegativefan. Show notanegativefan's posts

Posted by choircontrarian[/QUOTE]

shut up and get a life

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBoardTrollsEatADick. Show PatsBoardTrollsEatADick's posts

"and corporate -republican attitude"  republican attitude? what is that? I guess a non-corporate-democrat attitude would be a Tom Brady with dread locks, no job, a hippy scrub mooching off all the people that actually work in society? I would be a Tom Brady blaming everyone else for a loss and never taking responsibility for any of his actions. 

I'll take the republican attitude any day, the democratic one has killed the dollar, taxed me to death, made my country less safe,  and is about to kill my healthcare! 

Sections
Shortcuts