Has Brady become too corporate or elitist?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyyy. Show mikeyyy's posts

Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately?

Jintsfan proclaims   "BTW, I'm not saying this is Brady, just the basic true steretype" . . . .  Like I keep saying, there really are people out there who would benefit if we started "ebonics" back up again!  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikeyyy. Show mikeyyy's posts

In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately?:
    [QUOTE]The question should be. Why is TB the only one in a suit? These are professionals are they not?
    Posted by Bergzilla[/QUOTE]
    Yez, but donts Kanye beez considered a profescial too? Heez donts be wearing no suit!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

Let's face it, Tom has come a LONG way from being the wide eyed kid practically jumoing into the arms of Bledsoe after winning his first SB in New Orleans. Brady's evolution to celebrity status is not over. He will continue to break ground when his playing days are over, perhaps attaining high political office. One thing for sure, when he retires, he won't be living in Medfield or Sherborn  or anywhere near Boston.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]The suit is good, it shows your professionalism... especially when you are going to another country to sell your product. 
    Posted by Coolguy55220[/QUOTE]I actually agree.. what bugs me is when a guy creates the appearance or perception that he is somehow big timing the team! its common sense social skills. u look at what others are wearing and u adjust. i wear a suit on most days in my business but thats because it is expected and is the uniform of my co-workers and workmates. belichick is just as big and in demand in football circles as is brady, was he wearg a suit? the pic said "brady and the patriots" like diana ross and the supremes or michael jackson and the jacksons. tom is usually smart about creating those types of appearances. that's why i am calling it "clueless" and a sign of concern! his usual sensitivity sames to be slipping...

if all wearg suit like the NBA players do. its no biggie. he is just fitting in. likewise, if all were in sweats! everyone showed UNITY except brady!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I don't understand this kool-aid crapp.  New England was nothing before Belichick and now that things are going well the bandwagon is going to say they can run the team better?  I'm drinking kool-aid poor drafts and all.

Drop the political nonsense.  There are elitists on both sides of the isle.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DBAZ22. Show DBAZ22's posts

Is Kevin O'Connell still on the waiver wire?  Brady s*cks for wearing a suit.  Maybe Hoyer is ready to take over reigns full-time.  Was that Dan Shaughnessy starting this thread?  Don't know if it is sheer stupidity or too much time on one's hands.  I will assume a combination of both, and the mere fact that I posted here...What does that say about me?!?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I feel duped too.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]Dumbest post of the year, congrats, you edged out stiff competition. You idealize critical thinking skills - now apply them to stuff that matters. One thing you missed is that Peyton still shills for many more products than Brady does, who is much more selective about what he endorses. And what is more corporate than shilling for products? But do Manning's teammates care about that? Of course not.  Brady continues to get hailed for his work ethic inside the locker room - he busted it to recover from his knee surgery. And you want to nitpick on an area, his personal life, where you lack any kind of good information to make a real judgement. For all I know Brady is a huge tool in his own life, but since I don't have that info, and since it doesn't impact on field performance, who cares? Joe Montana, who some hail as the best QB ever and certainly is one of the "clutchest" in the post season, always struck me as kind of arrogant in his interviews. Who cares what I think? Whether it's true or not it clearly didn't impact anything that matters.  If you want to whine about something maybe you can head over to the Red Sox part of this forum where some trolls are feeling sorry for themselves over the early exit from the postseason.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

brady's personal and off-field life does concern me more and more because there is a clear disconnect and cognitive dissonance between how he publically presents himself and does things on the field and who he actually seems to be off it! pretty soon, i have a bad feeling that it will impact what happens on the field! ask a jason varitek about that. if brady werent a patriot, most here would be calling him whipped, mr. gisele, wimpy, pretty boy,  metrosexual, clueless, elitist, latte-sipping californian, and snobby! other than his sometimes excessive need to be on camera and in those often down-to-earth, self-depracating and easily relatable commercials, there really isnt anything that manning does off the field or in his personal life that seems to be really aggravating or a major disconnect with what he does on the field.  had he been a patriot, we would all be saying how blue-collar and "bostonian" he is in the mode of yaz, orr, bird and grogan. 

as it is most of brady's biggest supporters of his on-field work like myself can not seriously claim that he is like one of us or relatable like a larry bird was. brady is more like a magic johnson. would celtics fans had rejected him if he had signed for their team? of course not but there would have been the same personal disconnect as it increasingly is with brady in a way it wasnt with bird or even a david ortiz!  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

Choir your getting reemed a new ahole. Although I guess it's a legit question to ask I could care less so long as he continues to be #12 the general.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : Still, sad if he is a Republican (he is)...but then, practically all white jocks are. It's that whole "competition is life"/"winning is everything"/"survival of the fittest" cr*p that goes with the territory. They never grew out of having the most toys in the sandbox so they define "success" as such. BTW, I'm not saying this is Brady, just the basic true steretype
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]u my friend are on the right path! brady in fact is a REPUBLICAN. more specifically, an economic republican! i have heard him discuss it a couple of times. his dad is also one and he grew up in a predominant republican environment! again, there is nothing wrong with that and i do happen to lean more towards republican economic principles than democratic-obama omes. the issue is balance and empathy and being consistent with your private-public life dynamic. off the field and in his private life, brady does appear to b all-elite all the time now. i dont believe this is something he just grew into. i believe it is something he always has been with his public image and football ability simply serving as a strategic facade!  its his life, he can do what he wants. i am just pointg out some potential red flags that could come bak to be on-field or lockerroom disturbances soon!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : brady's personal and off-field life does concern me more and more because there is a clear disconnect and cognitive dissonance between how he publically presents himself and does things on the field and who he actually seems to be off it! pretty soon, i have a bad feeling that it will impact what happens on the field! ask a jason varitek about that. if brady werent a patriot, most here would be calling him whipped, mr. gisele, wimpy, pretty boy,  metrosexual, clueless, elitist, latte-sipping californian, and snobby! other than his excessive need to be on camera and commercials, there really isnt anything that manning does off the field or in his personal life that seems to be really aggravating or a major disconnect with what he does on the field. besides, most of his commercials are kinda funny, self-depracating and easily relatable! had he been a patriot, we would all be saying how blue-collar and "bostonian" he is in the mode of yaz, orr, bird and grogan.  as it is most of brady's biggest supporters of his on-field work like myself can not seriously claim that he is like one of us or relatable like a larry bird was. brady is more like a magic johnson. would celtics fans had rejected him if he had signed for their team? of course not but there would have been the same personal disconnect as it increasingly is with brady in a way it wasnt with bird or even a david ortiz!  
    Posted by choircontrarian[/QUOTE]

So by this logic the Pats should only draft fishermen from Gloucester so that all the blue collar fans can "relate" to them? Sign me up for that plan! Hugh Millen is on the radio out here every day and seems very east to relate to but I sure don't want a QB like him again.

It seems like your "if Brady weren't a Patriot" jabs hold true for you even though he is a Patriot. Metrosexual? Really? Are we going there? Sorry to bust your bubble, but it isn't just the Giselle factor. Brady is a good-looking dude who had nice clothes long before she entered the picture. Maybe you'd rather have Favre rocking his Wranglers and patently disingenuous "aw shucks" persona.

The guy is the greatest Patriot of all time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : So by this logic the Pats should only draft fishermen from Gloucester so that all the blue collar fans can "relate" to them? Sign me up for that plan! Hugh Millen is on the radio out here every day and seems very east to relate to but I sure don't want a QB like him again. It seems like your "if Brady weren't a Patriot" jabs hold true for you even though he is a Patriot. Metrosexual? Really? Are we going there? Sorry to bust your bubble, but it isn't just the Giselle factor. Brady is a good-looking dude who had nice clothes long before she entered the picture. Maybe you'd rather have Favre rocking his Wranglers and patently disingenuous "aw shucks" persona. The guy is the greatest Patriot of all time.
    Posted by seattlemaslow[/QUOTE]

for the 800th time, i love brady's football talent and what he brings to the field. as a pats fan, i am glad and honored football-wise, that he plays for my team. he is the BEST thing that ever happened to belichick and new england football! tom brady in my very humble opinion is the BEST QB today and in the history of football! i just regret that his general and private personality isnt more like a favre, warner, steve young, peyton manning or even a joe montana, as well as the fact that he has allowed a gissy to push him in a certain direction i personally find largely unfortunate. it is what it is. its my opinion. i believe we lost the super bowl in part to those choices for reasons i wont go into at this time. i believe those choices would have more rapidly shown its head if not for his knee injury last year. i am sorry but i feel it could still come bak to pose a potential threat. again, as a red sox fan also, i have seen enough times how these off-field choices can in fact impact things on the field. unfortunately, i can not take or relate to him beyond a football player, football based activities and his on-field choices. i lament and regret this.

belichick is also kind of an elitist too. check out his background. he has also done some things due to a perceived sense of entitlement esp in his jet days with gals around the office, his best friend's wife for which he was sued, and obviously with spygate. however, i am not mentioning that. i am beyond it. had i brought up his background or his off-field choices in 1983 or so as a potential threat going forward, you would have done your kool aid name-calling back then also. how can he have the moral authority to talk to tom as a mentor about his previous baby mama drama and apparent philandering ways? hopefully, brady too can grow, broaden his empathy and lessen these types of potentially distractive off-field issues just as belichick apparently has.    

i love both brady and bel and would like them around for a long time strictly as FOOTBALL, on-field role models!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

[QUOTE]Tom Brady is paid to win football games while providing a positive representation of the Patriots organization.  It's safe to say that he does both at a high level, the rest is irrelevant.......
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

completely agree. Me and you see eye to eye because we're true fans, jints-fan is a little girl.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately?:
    [QUOTE]I have been thinking of this for a while. It seems as  gissy has maximized influence in his life, tom more and more has become unrelatable to the average guy. Watching him get on the plane for England in that suit and tie when everyone around him had on sweats was the final straw! it used to be that peyton was viewed as the pampered elitist due to his draft position, stats and pedigree. But let's face it, now that brady has the stats, the hottest gal, and corporate -republican attitude, he is now replacing peyton as the most pampered elitist in the NFL.  Both are still hard working but when one considers that brady came from a very privileged background and his dad is a mega lawyer, it magnifies the light on his present actions even more. At closer look, peyton is more of a blue-collar New England compatible type in just about every way. his dad being a tough grogan-type qb combined with his more every-guy approach and his average looks make him more relatable.  peyton no longer pouts and stomps on the field while calling out his teammates when he doesnt get his way. Ask Joey Galloway and others if Brady is now that way. Ask those reporters shot at in South America just for doing their miserable jobs if brady is not really like that now. I could go on, but you get the point. With all this said, I am still a Brady guy on the field and feel honored to have him as a pat! but these are concerning trend lines just as Belichick's shaky draft record from 2006-2008 used to be. As fans, we must be objective at times and not just follow the choir and kool aiders!   

I also have been thinking about this for a while: It amazes me how people with zero to talk about come here and post. What makes you think he is elitist?

The fact that he came back to work after a year off with brutal rehab when he could have stayed home and lived off his millions with "gissy"?

The fact the he is constantly help up as one of the hardest workers on the team?

The fact that the rest of the team talks about the benefit of having him back?

I believe too many fans have become whinny little babies. They expect their team to win every game, never throw and int, never miss a pass or a tackle. This is the NFL, teams and players are too good on both sides of the ball. What was 7 points yesterday is a pick today.

How about we discuss facts or ideas verse make things up cause we don't have either facts or ideas.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : for the 800th time, i love brady's football talent and what he brings to the field. as a pats fan, i am glad and honored football-wise, that he plays for my team. he is the BEST thing that ever happened to belichick and new england football! tom brady in my very humble opinion is the BEST QB today and in the history of football! i just regret that his general and private personality isnt more like a favre, warner, steve young, peyton manning or even a joe montana, as well as the fact that he has allowed a gissy to push him in a certain direction i personally find largely unfortunate. it is what it is. its my opinion. i believe we lost the super bowl in part to those choices for reasons i wont go into at this time. i believe those choices would have more rapidly shown its head if not for his knee injury last year. i am sorry but i feel it could still come bak to pose a potential threat. again, as a red sox fan also, i have seen enough times how these off-field choices can in fact impact things on the field. unfortunately, i can not take or relate to him beyond a football player, football based activities and his on-field choices. i lament and regret this. belichick is also kind of an elitist too. check out his background. he has also done some things due to a perceived sense of entitlement esp in his jet days with gals around the office, his best friend's wife for which he was sued, and obviously with spygate. however, i am not mentioning that. i am beyond it. had i brought up his background or his off-field choices in 1983 or so as a potential threat going forward, you would have done your kool aid name-calling back then also. how can he have the moral authority to talk to tom as a mentor about his previous baby mama drama and apparent philandering ways? hopefully, brady too can grow, broaden his empathy and lessen these types of potentially distractive off-field issues just as belichick apparently has.     i love both brady and bel and would like them around for a long time strictly as FOOTBALL, on-field role models!

Do you actually enjoy football? The Pats have ripped it up for two weeks and lead the division and all you have to discuss is your disapproval of TB's suit or BB's love life? This isn't the E' network or National Enquirer. Try to find a reason to enjoy our team instead of finding something to critisize them about. You sound like a very very unhappy person with a very unsatisfying existence.
        I'm sorry for you that TB isn't in the same political party as you or has married someone you disapprove of,but it's his life . Find another team if our QB and HC don't live up to your standards of fashion,friends or politics.If your feelings about these issues are as strong as you suggest, then stop being a hypocrit,and cheer for someone else.You have 31 other choices.
        Speaking of elitists,are you not taking an elitist approach yourself from a moral standpoint? Who appointed you Grand Puba of right and wrong? I guess you conveniently missed an important biblical quote,"let he without sin cast the first stone."

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Re: Is Brady just a bit too corporate or elitist lately?

In Response to Re: Is Brady just a bit too corporate or elitist lately?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady just a bit too corporate or elitist lately? : At least Brady doesn't sit on the face of female trainers and buy their silence after.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Yep, poor college prank judgement by manning.  But I think you may have exaggerated a bit (no, not you 66.  You're nothing if not misinformation inflammatory).  First, her suit was against the university for 33 alleged instances of harrassment of which Manning was but one.

Manning was not personally accused of harrasment. He mooned her. 

It seems that investigators also found her to be somewhat complicit in the behavior - excerpt: 

Investigators concluded ``both parties share responsibility for the current environment.''

``Ms. Whited often sent mixed messages about matters complained of in her allegations in that she herself exhibited similar behavior or did not make clear that she found particular conduct to be offensive,'' the report said.

Now I don't want to make a gold digger claim here, but the smell test results are indicating that its very very possible.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]no...he's just way to SUCKATACIOUS today...every time the clock go tick, tock, tock...all he do is sucka, sucka, sucka, suc!...they might as play Hoyer the way  Brady is throwing passes into coverage today...just dreadful!
    Posted by jfaust1954[/QUOTE]

Nice picture, your wife...?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : brady's personal and off-field life does concern me more and more because there is a clear disconnect and cognitive dissonance between how he publically presents himself and does things on the field and who he actually seems to be off it! pretty soon, i have a bad feeling that it will impact what happens on the field! ask a jason varitek about that. if brady werent a patriot, most here would be calling him whipped, mr. gisele, wimpy, pretty boy,  metrosexual, clueless, elitist, latte-sipping californian, and snobby! other than his sometimes excessive need to be on camera and in those often down-to-earth, self-depracating and easily relatable commercials, there really isnt anything that manning does off the field or in his personal life that seems to be really aggravating or a major disconnect with what he does on the field.  had he been a patriot, we would all be saying how blue-collar and "bostonian" he is in the mode of yaz, orr, bird and grogan.  as it is most of brady's biggest supporters of his on-field work like myself can not seriously claim that he is like one of us or relatable like a larry bird was. brady is more like a magic johnson. would celtics fans had rejected him if he had signed for their team? of course not but there would have been the same personal disconnect as it increasingly is with brady in a way it wasnt with bird or even a david ortiz!  

Please explain the cognitive dissonance. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : completely agree. Me and you see eye to eye because we're true fans, jints-fan is a little girl.
    Posted by Patsfan24-7[/QUOTE]

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, I just disagree with the overall notion that Brady has to act/dress/talk/spend money a certain way to be a good teammate/player/team rep, not to mention he needs to associate himself with BDC approved company as to "relate to the blue collar fan", it's ridiculous.  If anything, his ego, confidence and charisma have got him to where he is today, which is one of the greatest of all time. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady just a bit too corporate or elitist lately? : Yep, poor college prank judgement by manning.  But I think you may have exaggerated a bit (no, not you 66.  You're nothing if not misinformation inflammatory).  First, her suit was against the university for 33 alleged instances of harrassment of which Manning was but one. Manning was not personally accused of harrasment. He mooned her.  It seems that investigators also found her to be somewhat complicit in the behavior - excerpt:  Investigators concluded ``both parties share responsibility for the current environment.'' ``Ms. Whited often sent mixed messages about matters complained of in her allegations in that she herself exhibited similar behavior or did not make clear that she found particular conduct to be offensive,'' the report said. Now I don't want to make a gold digger claim here, but the smell test results are indicating that its very very possible.  
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

But, again, not the whole story.

She did sue Peyton specifically after he wrote his book and tried to pass off the incident as a boyish prank where he mooned another player thinking she couldn't see him.

She sued for defamation and said that he actually sat on on her face. A letter from the person whom he allegedly mooned was included in the evidence where he tells Peyton to come clean and to do the right thing.
    Oh, it also came out during the second lawsuit that after the initial lawsuit had been filed, Manning had taunted her by reenacting the event twice in her presence. 

Manning could have left well enough alone after the first event, but he had to defame her in his book. She had moved on, was working in Florida and had moved up the chain in her career. Until Peyton's book came out. Then her reviews started to suffer and she was demoted.

Yeah, Peyton is one class act. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Corporate?  What the h*ll?  The NFL is a business... a corporation, to be precise

Eilitist?!?!?!?!  What is he doing?  Running for office against a Republican?

Come on!

If he has the business acumen to be "corporate" and make a boat load of cash on the side with endorsements, let him.  You know you would, too.

Also, his "corporate" image netted him a marriage with one of the most beautiful women in the world.  Just try to fault that.

And you know what?  I want my QB to be "elite," particularly when it encompasses being close to throwing the most TD passes in the league.

I can't help but think that this thread is just a little ridiculous.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady just a bit too corporate or elitist lately? : But, again, not the whole story. She did sue Peyton specifically after he wrote his book and tried to pass off the incident as a boyish prank where he mooned another player thinking she couldn't see him. She sued for defamation and said that he actually sat on on her face. A letter from the person whom he allegedly mooned was included in the evidence where he tells Peyton to come clean and to do the right thing. Oh, it also came out during the second lawsuit that after the initial lawsuit had been filed, Manning had taunted her by reenacting the event twice in her presence.  Manning could have left well enough alone after the first event, but he had to defame her in his book. She had moved on, was working in Florida and had moved up the chain in her career. Until Peyton's book came out. Then her reviews started to suffer and she was demoted. Yeah, Peyton is one class act. 
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]
    Am i the only one here who NEVER heard of any of this til now? When and how did all this go down? I guess its proof that i just focus on the football-field side of things. what they do off it matters little. guess i've changed as of late because brady symbolically has his asss in my face all the time now. every freakin mag cover, every entertainment show, and so on. dogg, sorry dude... but i can believe peyton did that. part of what makes him relatable to the average guy. how many havent thought of doing that to some hot snobby gal? he's kind of a down-to earth frat boy who comes across as not taking himself too seriously. that behavior is consistent with most of his image in his commercials includg the one with him and eli as they walk through the ESPN studio with their dad!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

This could be the dumbest thread ever.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]Corporate?  What the h*ll?  The NFL is a business... a corporation, to be precise Eilitist?!?!?!?!  What is he doing?  Running for office against a Republican? Come on! If he has the business acumen to be "corporate" and make a boat load of cash on the side with endorsements, let him.  You know you would, too. Also, his "corporate" image netted him a marriage with one of the most beautiful women in the world.  Just try to fault that. And you know what?  I want my QB to be "elite," particularly when it encompasses being close to throwing the most TD passes in the league. I can't help but think that this thread is just a little ridiculous.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE] brady will be running for office as a republican (worse than schilling) after his career is over. guess i would like to see him atleast wait til his career is over before he starts his campaigning and "schilling" for his corporate republican buds. belichick, for the record, is a DEMOCRAT. he may run too someday but he clearly isnt actively setting it up while he is coachg! the only obvious public hint he drops is that he believes US is too materialistic and into money and not selfless, collective or egalitarian enough which is why he runs the greatest team on earth that way! its not a coincidence folks. you all like how the pats are run and the political philosophy in which it is done yet many of you refuse to even try it in any aspect in the greater society, like with universal health care! many of you would not have even approved social security or medicare in the first place. i am an ayn Rand objectivist-libertarian capitalist but have enough empathy to grasp that others are not in the same position or have the pragmatics to have the same perspective or come from the same attitude. Capitalism and collectively helping others are not necessarily incompatible. 

Mark my words: Our Brady will not be as happy to take a greater good discount for his next deal. He seems to have outgrown the utilitarian values his last deal was based on. Brady is now the Union Player Rep for the Pats. He's not doing that to promote taking a pay cut fellas! Its increasingly all about him or him above the team: brady and the pats!    

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady just a bit too corporate or elitist lately? : Am i the only one here who NEVER heard of any of this til now? When and how did all this go down? I guess its proof that i just focus on the football-field side of things. what they do off it matters little. guess i've changed as of late because brady symbolically has his asss in my face all the time now. every freakin mag cover, every entertainment show, and so on. dogg, sorry dude... but i can believe peyton did that. part of what makes him relatable to the average guy. how many havent thought of doing that to some hot snobby gal? he's kind of a down-to earth frat boy who comes across as not taking himself too seriously. that behavior is consistent with most of his image in his commercials includg the one with him and eli as they walk through the ESPN studio with their dad!

Umm, you "focus on the football side of things" so this incident passed you by? Then why this effed up thread about corporate elitism by a guy who just wears a suit. Maybe if you stopped thinking about ridiculous things for "a long time now" and actually focused on reality, it wouldn't pass you by.

And your line of thinking isn't contrary. It is just effed up. 

You actually think that PM's behavior in this case is somewhat OK because "Hey, who hasn't thought it." and then you try and link this to the media presentation of him being a wholesome goofball from America's Heartland. Really?

Do you actually think any of his sponsors want people to think about sexual assault while he is holding up their cellphone or eating their cookie?