Has Brady become too corporate or elitist?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately?

There's a lot of love on this forum.  Makes me think world peace is just around the corner...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : brady will be running for office as a republican (worse than schilling) after his career is over. guess i would like to see him atleast wait til his career is over before he starts his campaigning and "schilling" for his corporate republican buds. belichick, for the record, is a DEMOCRAT. he may run too someday but he clearly isnt actively setting it up while he is coachg! the only obvious public hint he drops is that he believes US is too materialistic and into money and not selfless, collective or egalitarian enough which is why he runs the greatest team on earth that way! its not a coincidence folks. you all like how the pats are run and the political philosophy in which it is done yet many of you refuse to even try it in any aspect in the greater society, like with universal health care! many of you would not have even approved social security or medicare in the first place. i am an ayn Rand objectivist-libertarian capitalist but have enough empathy to grasp that others are not in the same position or have the pragmatics to have the same perspective or come from the same attitude. Capitalism and collectively helping others are not necessarily incompatible.  Mark my words: Our Brady will not be as happy to take a greater good discount for his next deal. He seems to have outgrown the utilitarian values his last deal was based on. Brady is now the Union Player Rep for the Pats. He's not doing that to promote taking a pay cut fellas! Its increasingly all about him or him above the team: brady and the pats!    
    Posted by choircontrarian[/QUOTE]

My point wasn't to guess Brady's political affiliation.  It was to point out the absurdity of this board.

I want my QB to be ELITE, and if that means he has to be elitist (a person who believes that a system or society should be dominated by an elite), so be it, as long as the elite is him.  And considering he has 15 TD's and only 4 INT's, I have to think he's on the right track.

Accusing him of being "elitist" like it's a bad thing in the NFL is asinine.

And his corporate business is his own business.  Like I said before, his successful image helped him attract one of the most beautiful women in the world.  Tell me something is wrong with marrying a woman like Giselle Bundchen, give me a location and time, and I will promptly smack you upside the head.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

Brady has the same kind of vibe that Shelly Long in general and esp with her character on Cheers and Jen Aniston on Friends as Rachel give off. On one hand you want to like and respect them. The work ethic is there, the competence and specialness is there but its just hard to form a real normalized  connection with them.  Courtney Cox for example is hot and special too but has that "relatable" quality! Always has! Guess that's what attracted the Boss in that video and Michael J. Fox.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]THANK YOU FOR THIS THREAD! Did anyone see that pic on Boston.com of the Pats boarding the plane for London? My only question is: Is Brady too good a sweatsuit like the rest.
    Posted by vegascolony[/QUOTE]

come back after you've learned English

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Inconceivable!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: Is Brady just a bit too corporate or elitist lately?

In Response to Re: Is Brady just a bit too corporate or elitist lately?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady just a bit too corporate or elitist lately? : So you think it was something other than a boyish prank?  More on this later.  I just want to make sure that this is becoming a character thread, because I like to stay away from personal character mistakes, but as long as everyone is ok, I think we can do that.  By the way, Manning is no boy scout.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

The court apparently does as does the friend he supposedly aimed his globe at. And, oh yeah, the victim.

I was just filling in the blanks you seemed to have left out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from timsandra. Show timsandra's posts

"and corporate -republican attitude," GOOD! THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH A GOOD CORPORATE REBLICAN! But choirchartrain you are a real fricking moron. Big difference beyween being classy and being elitist.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I don't care as long he is winning games and not pulling an O.J Simpson or Ray Lewis.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

The real reason Brady is the only one in a suit- all the players agreed to wear suits, then secretly agreed to not wear them without telling Brady.  Why else would Tom have that bemused expression on his face as he boards the plane? Sort of like Manny running out to left field to start the game with the rest of the players staying in the dugout.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]The real reason Brady is the only one in a suit- all the players agreed to wear suits, then secretly agreed to not wear them without telling Brady.  Why else would Tom have that bemused expression on his face as he boards the plane? Sort of like Manny running out to left field to start the game with the rest of the players staying in the dugout.
    Posted by Shtarka[/QUOTE]yep right.... that's your story and i'm sure u are going to stik to it. was belichick in a suit? oh yep.. bel is known for being in on these types of pranks, right? he is as much in demand from the media as is brady. he is even more intriguing because he also runs the entire football ops. he is the real rep of the team. u take your cues from him if in doubt. called common sense. bel is kind of a mystery, an enigma... even more so than brady at this point! as i said before, bel comes from a privileged bakground and he too obviously has class and the smarts. yet you dont see him throwing it in everyone's face every second. he's the hoodie man. imagine if bel insisted on constantly pulling a mike nolan and wearg a suit on the sidelines? the entire feel of the team would be different! that doesnt flow with running on to the field all together rather than gettg individual props in phony intros and what not! 

have you ever seen him off the football context? he seems even MORE down to earth and classy (nowadays). its almost like brady feels a need to keep provg to everyone that he is smarter and better than everyone else all the time, and is much more than an idiot jock. bel's approach is far more preferable and relatable.
    of course he uses his elite status on occasion esp in private, but he's not needlessly throwg it in everyone's face at every opportunity and WASTING his elitist capital!

I can just see brady busting out the Wall Street journal with his boyz when everyone else is checking out Sports Illustrated or something in kind. yes, tommy we know u r great. we know u are classy. we know we know we know.  loosen up the collar and just CHILL a bit!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Would you prefer to have Ray Lewis, Terrell Owens, James Harrison, Drew Brees, Peyton Manning, Michael Vick or LaDanian Tomlinson represent as the "face" of the National Football League? Should he be wearing a "do-rag" or sporting tatts? Maybe he should have shown up wearing his Tims. How 'bout dis?

Simply put, Tom Brady IS the primary face of the NFL in America and around the world. If a suit and tie is sufficient for Robert Kraft it should also be sufficient for Tom Brady. The NFL IS an elitist league and football is a "corporate"...

Where have you been for the last couple of decades?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rosmay. Show rosmay's posts

Who cares as long as he performs and produces. When he can't he goes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

You have got to be kidding. If this is what you waste your time thinking about, then I suggest you take a break from watching the Patriots. Trying to analyze somebody else's life, well, again, I suggest a long break. Take a hike, enjoy beautiful New England, spend some time with whom ever you love but stop this type of ridiculous analysis.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanBoss. Show PatsFanBoss's posts

Hey  choircontrarian you are a moron. Brady's father is not some 'mega lawyer'. You should get your facts straight stupid. Brady's father is a part-time pastor and insurance salesman. Man are you stupid.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : yep right.... that's your story and i'm sure u are going to stik to it. was belichick in a suit? oh yep.. bel is known for being in on these types of pranks, right? he is as much in demand from the media as is brady. he is even more intriguing because he also runs the entire football ops. he is the real rep of the team. u take your cues from him if in doubt. called common sense. bel is kind of a mystery, an enigma... even more so than brady at this point! as i said before, bel comes from a privileged bakground and he too obviously has class and the smarts. yet you dont see him throwing it in everyone's face every second. he's the hoodie man. imagine if bel insisted on constantly pulling a mike nolan and wearg a suit on the sidelines? the entire feel of the team would be different! that doesnt flow with running on to the field all together rather than gettg individual props in phony intros and what not!  have you ever seen him off the football context? he seems even MORE down to earth and classy (nowadays). its almost like brady feels a need to keep provg to everyone that he is smarter and better than everyone else all the time, and is much more than an idiot jock. bel's approach is far more preferable and relatable. of course he uses his elite status on occasion esp in private, but he's not needlessly throwg it in everyone's face at every opportunity and WASTING his elitist capital! I can just see brady busting out the Wall Street journal with his boyz when everyone else is checking out Sports Illustrated or something in kind. yes, tommy we know u r great. we know u are classy. we know we know we know.  loosen up the collar and just CHILL a bit!

I bet you watch a lot of TMZ and read the Enquirer. Only an idiot cares what players were when they're traveling. Case in point....the NBA commisioner. Or the Dallas Cowboys.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diesel12. Show Diesel12's posts

Let's see. a nobody QB works his tail off and becomes one of the most accomplished QB's in NFL history, earns a model wife and is criticized? Maybe he should do more commercials like Peyton. The fact of the matter is, Brady's teammates have no one that they would rather go to war with and Belichick, as stated this weekend, prefers Brady over anyone else in the NFL. Maybe people should let the coach worry about his personal life and if it is conflicting with his play on the field, deal accordingly. However, nit-picking a guy for wearing a suit when the coach presented 2 options: team issued sweats or suit, he chose the latter is a little absurd. Who cares what he wears to press conferences or if he has a model wife. He has had the same model wife since 2007 and is the winningest QB, percentage wise, in that span.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

"Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately?"

Really ?!

When did the current Whitehouse administration start posting here ?

..... and I'll follow this up with a big "Eff You" for your train of thought, thread starter.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

This thread has the potential to overtake the offseason "Dungy" thread.  Pretty impressive considering there is actual football going on.  Also pretty sad.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Diesel12. Show Diesel12's posts

[QUOTE]Let's face it, Tom has come a LONG way from being the wide eyed kid practically jumoing into the arms of Bledsoe after winning his first SB in New Orleans. Brady's evolution to celebrity status is not over. He will continue to break ground when his playing days are over, perhaps attaining high political office. One thing for sure, when he retires, he won't be living in Medfield or Sherborn  or anywhere near Boston.
    Posted by Shtarka[/QUOTE]

I don't care where he plans on living afterwards, I won't be seeing him anyways. All I know is that he has stated that it is very important to his legacy to remain with the same team for his entire career. Do we care that Larry Bird lives in Indiana?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from itisme. Show itisme's posts

In Response to Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately?:
    [QUOTE]I have been thinking of this for a while. It seems as  gissy has maximized influence in his life, tom more and more has become unrelatable to the average guy. Watching him get on the plane for England in that suit and tie when everyone around him had on sweats was the final straw! it used to be that peyton was viewed as the pampered elitist due to his draft position, stats and pedigree. But let's face it, now that brady has the stats, the hottest gal, and corporate -republican attitude, he is now replacing peyton as the most pampered elitist in the NFL.  Both are still hard working but when one considers that brady came from a very privileged background and his dad is a mega lawyer, it magnifies the light on his present actions even more. At closer look, peyton is more of a blue-collar New England compatible type in just about every way. his dad being a tough grogan-type qb combined with his more every-guy approach and his average looks make him more relatable.  peyton no longer pouts and stomps on the field while calling out his teammates when he doesnt get his way. Ask Joey Galloway and others if Brady is now that way. Ask those reporters shot at in South America just for doing their miserable jobs if brady is not really like that now. I could go on, but you get the point. With all this said, I am still a Brady guy on the field and feel honored to have him as a pat! but these are concerning trend lines just as Belichick's shaky draft record from 2006-2008 used to be. As fans, we must be objective at times and not just follow the choir and kool aiders!   

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]"Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately?" Really ?! When did the current Whitehouse administration start posting here ? ..... and I'll follow this up with a big "Eff You" for your train of thought, thread starter.  
    Posted by Hog73[/QUOTE]

Actually the elitist whine is a Republican invention.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Someone please put this pitifully stupid thread out of its misery!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]Someone please put this pitifully stupid thread out of its misery!!
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

Thread euthanasia?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]Hey  choircontrarian you are a moron. Brady's father is not some 'mega lawyer'. You should get your facts straight stupid. Brady's father is a part-time pastor and insurance salesman. Man are you stupid.
    Posted by PatsFanBoss[/QUOTE]sir, perhaps u should chek ALL your facts first!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

All this because of a "suit"!!!  If he wore sweats like the rest of the team, not a word!!

Sections
Shortcuts