Has Brady become too corporate or elitist?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately?

Heard Brady this morning on EEI. He was asked specifically about the suit issue towards the end because clearly this has been a MAJOR issue to many.  It apparently irked and touched a nerve on much of the fan base including the hosts. His response actually reinforces a lot of what ChoirContrarian has touched on. Brady said that Belichick had recently issued those sweats for the express purpose for the players and coaches to dress in unison for the trip to England. Brady in his own words then stated that he did not care for what was issued and had absolutely no interest in falling in line with the rest of his team mates or the coaching staff on this specific issue. Brady did what he felt like doing and explicitly and boldly sent a loud message to the team and especiallly Belichick about the new rules. Reinforced just by the fact he feels bold enough to step out and yap about it as he did this morning.

Things are clearly different now. He is the man. He knows it and now acknowledges it in close proximity to the team and that locker room. We clearly are not yet close to becoming Brady and the Pats but it is a legitimate concern of which Contrarian already touched on. If Brady is not extended or is Seymoured during the offseason, we can all go back to this little incident as the moment his fate was set in motion! I have a feeling there are other such incidents arising that we as fans are simply not privy to at this point. Along with his skyrocketing celebrity stature has come an inevitable rising ego (not likely helped by having Gissy in his corner). At some point, Belichick may have to ask himself if it is worth putting up with all of Brady's increasing flareups when he is now entering the backend of his career and a possible replacement is already on the team. Perhaps he will stick it out with Brady, or Belichick may choose to go with a hoyer and not take the risk going forward. Belichick may feel that ultimately he is the genius behind brady in the first place and can find another with even less increasing baggage and headaches. 

Brady SHOULD have followed the direction of ALL of his team mates and definitely that of his coach! That was not the time to impose his brand and his way. There's an old Chinese saying: the nail that stands out gets hammered. There was no need to pick and exaggerate this fight. Brady has had almost a week to reflect and he is not backing down an inch. I get the feeling he may go even further next time and definitely would repeat the exact actions in similar scenarios going forward. I may be as wrong as Contrarian on this but I do not believe Belichick will continue to just passively take it and put up with it all as Brady goes out of his way to impose his conflictive BRAND on the will and direction of the Pats (Belichick's team)! If it becomes Brady and the Pats (like the Colts and others with their superguys), we lose the Patriot way!  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately?:
    [QUOTE]All this because of a "suit"!!!  If he wore sweats like the rest of the team, not a word!!
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]BINGO!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : Actually the elitist whine is a Republican invention.
    Posted by Evil2009[/QUOTE]
    For what its worth, I am actually a true independent. I love both Reagan and Billy Clinton. Reagan because of his America-first security, individualism and well-timed tax-cut approach. Clinton for his social-global empathy, grasp, and approach to equity, justice and fairness within economic and present-focused pragmatics. These two are not necessarily incompatible. 

Both parties can be elitist but in very different ways. Dems tend to be more about populist elitism in terms of the Hollywood and Wall Street crowd as well as those with enough generational wealth (trust funds) and stature to afford to be more socially/morally nontraditional -progressive, including most of the politically correct Kennedy dynastic clan. Reps, on the other hand, trend more towards a corporate nonWall Street Elitism disguised and spiced up with a lot of loud traditional "values" rhetoric. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hog73. Show Hog73's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : For what its worth, I am actually a true independent. I love both Reagan and Billy Clinton.  .....rhetoric. 
    Posted by choircontrarian[/QUOTE]

Present !

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]Heard Brady this morning on EEI. He was asked specifically about the suit issue towards the end because clearly this has been a MAJOR issue to many.  It apparently irked and touched a nerve on much of the fan base including the hosts. His response actually reinforces a lot of what ChoirContrarian has touched on. Brady said that Belichick had recently issued those sweats for the express purpose for the players and coaches to dress in unison for the trip to England. Brady in his own words then stated that he did not care for what was issued and had absolutely no interest in falling in line with the rest of his team mates or the coaching staff on this specific issue. Brady did what he felt like doing and explicitly and boldly sent a loud message to the team and especiallly Belichick about the new rules. Reinforced just by the fact he feels bold enough to step out and yap about it as he did this morning. Things are clearly different now. He is the man. He knows it and now acknowledges it in close proximity to the team and that locker room. We clearly are not yet close to becoming Brady and the Pats but it is a legitimate concern of which Contrarian already touched on. If Brady is not extended or is Seymoured during the offseason, we can all go back to this little incident as the moment his fate was set in motion! I have a feeling there are other such incidents arising that we as fans are simply not privy to at this point. Along with his skyrocketing celebrity stature has come an inevitable rising ego (not likely helped by having Gissy in his corner). At some point, Belichick may have to ask himself if it is worth putting up with all of Brady's increasing flareups when he is now entering the backend of his career and a possible replacement is already on the team. Perhaps he will stick it out with Brady, or Belichick may choose to go with a hoyer and not take the risk going forward. Belichick may feel that ultimately he is the genius behind brady in the first place and can find another with even less increasing baggage and headaches.  Brady SHOULD have followed the direction of ALL of his team mates and definitely that of his coach! That was not the time to impose his brand and his way. There's an old Chinese saying: the nail that stands out gets hammered. There was no need to pick and exaggerate this fight. Brady has had almost a week to reflect and he is not backing down an inch. I get the feeling he may go even further next time and definitely would repeat the exact actions in similar scenarios going forward. I may be as wrong as Contrarian on this but I do not believe Belichick will continue to just passively take it and put up with it all as Brady goes out of his way to impose his conflictive BRAND on the will and direction of the Pats (Belichick's team)! If it becomes Brady and the Pats (like the Colts and others with their superguys), we lose the Patriot way!  
    Posted by bubbakilla[/QUOTE]

bubba,

Let's get things straight.

Very straight.

Here's EXACTLY what the interview transcript was:

At 2:20 into the morning chat:

HOST: Asked a two-part question... "...A. why did you wear a suit and tie on the flight when everyone else was in theri pajamas and B. did you dress up for the flight home too?"

BRADY: "You know coach, coach said...coach said, we said 'what's the travel for the game and he said, "you know you can wear your suit or you can wear you know your team issued sweat suit. I didn't really feel like wearing the team issued sweat suit so there really wasn't much of a choice other than that..."

How you infer a dynamic of Tom Brady being some kind of a "rebel" or that he is attempting to "take over" the team or make some sort of an "elitist" statement about his status in the future is beyond me.

Go develop a story somewhere else.

Move along. There's nothing to see or say here bubba.
    Don't be a pathetic rumor monger.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]Heard Brady this morning on EEI.  ...I may be as wrong as Contrarian on this but I do not believe Belichick will continue to just passively take it and put up with it all as Brady goes out of his way to impose his conflictive BRAND on the will and direction of the Pats (Belichick's team)! If it becomes Brady and the Pats (like the Colts and others with their superguys), we lose the Patriot way!  

IMHO you are wrong...but beyond right and wrong let me say that THERE IS NO RIGHT AND WRONG.

IMHO I'd say that YOU struggle with rooting for a highly successful team and need to calibrate better. The "Patriot way"? Let's let Bill Belichick determine that. Unless you're inside his head, a close confidant or part of the Patriots front office, please shut the heck up, okay? As far as your silly comment about imposing a "conflictive brand"...huh?

Let's have a bit of a classroom situation. Okay? Who establishes the brand? Hint...maybe someone in the Patriots front office? How does Robert Kraft generally dress? Might THAT be the brand image? For some reason you'll probably say the brand image is Bill Belichick in a hoody...right!!! Okay...think what you will. The Patriots run their business like no other organization in the sport.

Move along bubba...move along...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : bubba, Let's get things straight. Very straight. Here's EXACTLY what the interview transcript was: At 2:20 into the morning chat: HOST: Asked a two-part question... "...A. why did you wear a suit and tie on the flight when everyone else was in theri pajamas and B. did you dress up for the flight home too?" BRADY: "You know coach, coach said...coach said, we said 'what's the travel for the game and he said, "you know you can wear your suit or you can wear you know your team issued sweat suit. I didn't really feel like wearing the team issued sweat suit so there really wasn't much of a choice other than that..." How you infer a dynamic of Tom Brady being some kind of a "rebel" or that he is attempting to "take over" the team or make some sort of an "elitist" statement about his status in the future is beyond me. Go develop a story somewhere else. Move along. There's nothing to see or say here bubba. Don't be a pathetic rumor monger.
    Posted by WesternOregon[/QUOTE]WO, great facts. I was doing my best O'Reilly/Olberman imitation in trying to read between the lines of what was actually being said rather than trying to present an overly literal journalistic poaition. That's why I was upfront on what my source was and the interpretive context in which the discourse was presented. You did what I would hope others did or would refer to themselves or with third parties. I stand by what I wrote. I believe Bel was just being rhetorical and superficially civil when he offered Brady a "choice". Again, it is common sense and this is not Brady's first rodeo. He certainly wasnt pulling this kind of stuff a few years ago. He absolutely would have inquired from Bill (as if there was any doubt) what he and everyone else were in fact wearing to gauge what the deal really was. Then he would have followed suit. Has Tom seriously never worn team-issued sweats before? Of course, he has! Why is it such a big deal now? You think he's the only one who may have issues with wearg them? I hate to be stereotypical but I certainly doubt that the likes of Randy Moss or the Mayos are used to walking around in public in standard-issue sweats and in casuals in general. However, they all still fall in line with the Belichick assembly system. Belichick's real genius is that with the possible exception of spygate, he always counts himself and his staff as part of the flock. He doesnt seem to separate or exempt himself from his team or from the basic rules made. 

By "conflictive brand", I mean that Bel runs a thinking man's egalatarian, assembly line, blue collar (in attitude), and middle class (by NFL salary-structure standards) system. Brady seems to be trending more and more to a white-collar, elitist star-system structure, and keeps "pulling rank". The very minor suit thing is but one issue in a much bigger series of recent events with Brady. Deep down, all the impassioned responses to this thread hint that this subject comes uncomfortably close to home and the actual depths of truth. Had Moss worn the suit, we would all be laughing at it and it NEVER would have even struck a chord of negative truth or concern to anyone. What elitism, Moss just wants to look good.... With Brady, its not so simple any more. Many deep down are now increasingly wondering about other motives!   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : WO, great facts. I was doing my best O'Reilly/Olberman imitation in trying to read between the lines of what was actually being said rather than trying to present an overly literal journalistic poaition. That's why I was upfront on what my source was and the interpretive context in which the discourse was presented. You did what I would hope others did or would refer to themselves or with third parties. I stand by what I wrote. I believe Bel was just being rhetorical and superficially civil when he offered Brady a "choice". Again, it is common sense and this is not Brady's first rodeo. He certainly wasnt pulling this kind of stuff a few years ago. He absolutely would have inquired from Bill (as if there was any doubt) what he and everyone else were in fact wearing to gauge what the deal really was. Then he would have followed suit. Has Tom seriously never worn team-issued sweats before? Of course, he has! Why is it such a big deal now? You think he's the only one who may have issues with wearg them? I hate to be stereotypical but I certainly doubt that the like of Randy Moss or the Mayos are used to walking around in public in sweats and in casuals in general. They all fall in line with the Belichick assembly system. Belichick's real genius is that with the possible exception of spygate, he always counts himself and his staff as part of the flock. He doesnt seem to separate or exempt himself from his team or from the basic rules made.  By "conflictive brand", I mean that Bel runs a thinking man's egalatarian, assembly line, blue collar (in attitude), middle class (by NFL salary-structure view) system. Brady seems to be trending more to a white-collar, elitist star-system structure. The very minor suit thing is but one issue in a much bigger series of recent events with Brady. Deep down, all the impassioned responses to this thread hints that this subject comes uncomfortably close to home and the actual depths of truth. Had Moss worn the suit, we would all be laughing at it and it NEVER would have even struck a chord of truth or concern to anyone. What elitism, Moss just wants to look good.... With Brady, its not so simple any more. Many deep down are now wondering about other motives!   

Bubba, Fact is Tom Brady may have been one of the half-dozen players and coaches who actually already had a passport...lololol...and when "people" with "blue collars" talk about oversea flights they anticipate being "comfortable" and all that. So wear your sweats. Seb Vollmer (Rookie OL from Germany) may have been the only other Patriot who felt as comfy as Brady in traveling internationally.

Thanks for the response.

Tom Brady is a Bill Belichick disciple BUT he is not ever going to be Robert Kraft's caddie, is he now? He's a Califonia boy who wore Michigan Maize and Blue. Brady may not be as BIG as the Patriots but he IS his own brand. Good for him! Blue collar goes big time, an American dream.

"The very minor suit thing is but one issue in a much bigger series of recent events with Brady." ...is pure B.S.

Try to keep from...

"...
    read(ing) between the lines of what was actually being said rather than trying to present an overly literal journalistic poaition. That's why I was upfront on what my source was and the interpretive context in which the discourse was presented."

...it would seem that you're making things up, I do appreciate your dialogue though. Thanks!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lenny13. Show Lenny13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : WO, great facts. I was doing my best O'Reilly/Olberman imitation in trying to read between the lines of what was actually being said rather than trying to present an overly literal journalistic poaition. That's why I was upfront on what my source was and the interpretive context in which the discourse was presented. You did what I would hope others did or would refer to themselves or with third parties. I stand by what I wrote. I believe Bel was just being rhetorical and superficially civil when he offered Brady a "choice". Again, it is common sense and this is not Brady's first rodeo. He certainly wasnt pulling this kind of stuff a few years ago. He absolutely would have inquired from Bill (as if there was any doubt) what he and everyone else were in fact wearing to gauge what the deal really was. Then he would have followed suit. Has Tom seriously never worn team-issued sweats before? Of course, he has! Why is it such a big deal now? You think he's the only one who may have issues with wearg them? I hate to be stereotypical but I certainly doubt that the like of Randy Moss or the Mayos are used to walking around in public in sweats and in casuals in general. They all fall in line with the Belichick assembly system. Belichick's real genius is that with the possible exception of spygate, he always counts himself and his staff as part of the flock. He doesnt seem to separate or exempt himself from his team or from the basic rules made.  By "conflictive brand", I mean that Bel runs a thinking man's egalatarian, assembly line, blue collar (in attitude), middle class (by NFL salary-structure view) system. Brady seems to be trending more to a white-collar, elitist star-system structure. The very minor suit thing is but one issue in a much bigger series of recent events with Brady. Deep down, all the impassioned responses to this thread hints that this subject comes uncomfortably close to home and the actual depths of truth. Had Moss worn the suit, we would all be laughing at it and it NEVER would have even struck a chord of truth or concern to anyone. What elitism, Moss just wants to look good.... With Brady, its not so simple any more. Many deep down are now wondering about other motives!   

or maybe Brady spilled somethin on his sweats and went with the only other choice bill gave him which was a suit.or maybe Gissy messed up the sweats tryin to iron them out.or maybe his sweats didn't fit right.or maybe he had something to do right after deplaning that required a suit and wouldn't have had the time to change.or maybe..... you get the point. ya'll ain't got a clue why he wore a suit and the only reason it's a story is cause ya'll makin it one. and even if he gave an excuse ya know that Da Pats like messin with the newsfolk. Ya guys like to talk smart but don't think smart.
      stuff like this don't come from Patriot fans.Nope. if ya like him you'd give him the benifit of the doubt on this one. Brady has brought more good feelins to this town than anyone i can remember. if thats wrong i don't wanna be right.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I personally liked the time he wore that "models" cap a couple of years ago. 

I call it a models cap because models are the only ones who would wear it.  It was somewhere between a conductors hat and one of those hats your father would wear. 

That was the day I knew Brady was going hollywood. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : or maybe Brady spilled somethin on his sweats and went with the only other choice bill gave him which was a suit.or maybe Gissy messed up the sweats tryin to iron them out.or maybe his sweats didn't fit right.or maybe he had something to do right after deplaning that required a suit and wouldn't have had the time to change.or maybe..... you get the point. ya'll ain't got a clue why he wore a suit and the only reason it's a story is cause ya'll makin it one. and even if he gave an excuse ya know that Da Pats like messin with the newsfolk. Ya guys like to talk smart but don't think smart.   stuff like this don't come from Patriot fans. Nope. if ya like him you'd give him the benifit of the doubt on this one. Brady has brought more good feelins to this town than anyone i can remember. if thats wrong i don't wanna be right.
    Posted by Lenny13[/QUOTE]Lenny, I consider myself the biggest pats and on-field Brady fan out there. Thus, I give him the benefit of the doubt esp in the past as he's been clearly been making major "subtle" transitions in his persona. I went ahead and listened to him on WEEI where he was asked directly about the suit issue. He confirmed what I and many had already concluded based on his recent behavior. He made a deliberate, strategic, free and willful choice to go contrarian from his choir of a TEAM. Nothing happened to his sweats, gissy didnt put jizzy on it or anything else... you get the point! He denigrated the sweats which indirectly disses belichick and his fashion tastes and that hoodie in particular. No way he was ever going near it (too lowbrow) by choice. 

Don't think for one second stuff like that doesn't get back to Belichick or that Brady wasn't already aware of this. Belichick obsessively monitors everything said by his players and the media. Ask Ellis Hobbs and others. Lenny, facts are facts. Brady made the CHOICE to become a spectacle and curiousity which is not really the pats way. He must have calculated that he would stand out and it would in fact be an issue. 

The more publicity the better. He's one of the beautiful people now. That was his intention, as it is with the Britneys and Lohans when they conveniently forget their undies as they slowly disembark from a high-ride SUV in a low-cut mini, and other such attention-getting stuff. No way Brady makes that decision in the past. Its another watershed point. It is what it is. Perhaps when he pulls a Lohan when disembarking from a team bus, you and others will finally get it!  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

[QUOTE]I personally liked the time he wore that "models" a couple of years ago.  I call it a models hat because they are the only ones who would wear it.  It was somewhere between a conductors hat and one of those hats your father would wear.  That was the day I knew Brady was going hollywood. 
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]Don't forget the custom-made "notice-me" TB 12 cap he kept wearing all through the preseason. How long before we get the clothing, skin care and makeup lines? Tiger, LeBron and Brady are now the only athletes to have such exclusively branded deals for this kind of stuff. In the past, Brady would have declined to pull such stunts for it does take away from the team mantra and calls too much attention to himself rather than to the TEAM! It wouldn't surprise me if even Peyton turned down this one as being a bit too cheesy and self-promoting!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I repeat, Brady is paid to win football games and provide a positive representation of the New England Patriots Organization, he performs both at a high level.  What he wears on a plane ride to England is irrelevant, whether he's perceived as "Hollywood" is irrelevant, whether Giselle picks out his clothes or not is irrelevant.  His political viewpoints........yep irrelevant.

He, by all accounts is a "football player" and loves the game, he is a team player who has worked hard at his craft, thus his place as an elite player in NFL history.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Thinking man's egalitarian assembly line?

Looks like somebody is gearing up to challenge choircontrarian for the coveted Deuschebag of the Year Postie.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : Don't forget the custom-made "notice-me" TB 12 cap he kept wearing all through preseason. Tiger, LeBron and Brady are now the only athletes to have such exclusively branded deals for this kind of stuff. In the past, Brady would have declined to pull such stunts for it does take away from the team mantra and calls too much attention to himself rather than to the TEAM! 
    Bubba - words like these have caused board riots in the past.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : Bubba - words like these have caused board riots in the past.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Brady has a long way to go to beat the commercialism of the Manning boys.  So carping about having a "hat line", which I never knew he had, means to me it is not a big deal.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

Re: Has Brady become too corporate or elitist?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : Lenny, I consider myself the biggest pats and on-field Brady fan out there. Thus, I give him the benefit of the doubt esp in the past as he's been clearly been making major "subtle" transitions in his persona. I went ahead and listened to him on WEEI where he was asked directly about the suit issue. He confirmed what I and many had already concluded based on his recent behavior. He made a deliberate, strategic, free and willful choice to go contrarian from his choir of a TEAM. Nothing happened to his sweats, gissy didnt put jizzy on it or anything else... you get the point! He denigrated the sweats which indirectly disses belichick and his fashion tastes and that hoodie in particular. No way he was ever going near it (too lowbrow) by choice.  Don't think for one second stuff like that doesn't get back to Belichick or that Brady wasn't already aware of this. Belichick obsessively monitors everything said by his players and the media. Ask Ellis Hobbs and others. Lenny, facts are facts. Brady made the CHOICE to become a spectacle and curiousity which is not really the pats way. He must have calculated that he would stand out and it would in fact be an issue.  The more publicity the better. He's one of the beautiful people now. That was his intention, as it is with the Britneys and Lohans when they conveniently forget their undies as they slowly disembark from a high-ride SUV in a low-cut mini, and other such attention-getting stuff. No way Brady makes that decision in the past. Its another watershed point. It is what it is. Perhaps when he pulls a Lohan when disembarking from a team bus, you and others will finally get it!  

Brady ALWAYS wears a suit on road trips regardless of what the rest of the team wears. Where have you guys been? This isn't anything new.The flight to London is the same length as a flight to San Diego from Boston.  When asked if it was a superstition he replied "yeah". He also stated that he wanted to set an example for the rest of his team but noone followed his lead. He feels it is important to represent the Patriots looking like a professional.
    http://www.money-cash-hos.com/post/221932215/tom-brady-on-his-way-to-london-wes-welker-had    feel free to read his comments and please post a LEGIBLE copy of the radio transcript that you have based your arguement on. The automatically generated transcript that is posted makes absolutely no sense. I heard his interview also and heard nothing to support any elitist theory.
       BTW,Comparing Brady in a suit to drunken celebrity upskirt photos truly exhibits the E' channel/National Enquirer mentality in which you exist.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : Brady has a long way to go to beat the commercialism of the Manning boys.  So carping about having a "hat line", which I never knew he had, means to me it is not a big deal.
    Posted by agcsbill[/QUOTE]

If Brady ever decides to lick Oreos with someone while starring lovingly into their eyes it will be his super model wife and not his brother.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

Re: Has Brady become too corporate or elitist?

This thread is so ridiculous.

First of all, I'm not sure why you're making up a nickname for Tom Brady's wife and insinuating that you know about what influence she has had over his personality/ego. But okay, if sharing "insights" from his personal life floats your boat, go ahead. I would like to point out, however, that he has been dressing well since at least the time period when he was dating Bridget Moynahan, so I'm not sure why you're acting like this is a recent occurence.

Secondly, why is everyone reading into this so much? If the guy feels like wearing a suit, why shouldn't he wear one? It isn't a crime to want to look good. I actually think it was a good idea for him to wear it, because like it or not, to people who aren't hardcore Patriots fans, it is "Tom Brady and the Pats." He's the face of the franchise, and was going overseas, where the NFL is trying to market their brand. It really doesn't matter if Adalius Thomas gets off the plane in a Snuggie with a burger in one hand and a churro in the other, because he isn't going to be interviewed and photographed to within an inch of his life by the press.

Now, if Brady's teammates ever start feeling uncomfortable around him, I'll take notice. But they seem to get along fine, and from all accounts, he's one of the hardest workers on the team. If his ego affects his play, that would make me take notice, too. But that hasn't happened either. He's paid to play quarterback for the Patriots, and I'm not going to start judging his fashion choices like I work for OK! Magazine. The photo of him in line to board the plane? Don't care. Here are the photos I cared about from the England trip:

He doesn't look too corporate/elitist to me.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PeaceLaur. Show PeaceLaur's posts

[QUOTE]I personally liked the time he wore that "models" cap a couple of years ago.  I call it a models cap because models are the only ones who would wear it.  It was somewhere between a conductors hat and one of those hats your father would wear.  That was the day I knew Brady was going hollywood. 
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

It's funny you should mention Brady's hat. I saw that enchanting commercial Peyton Manning did with Justin Timberlake the other day. Clearly he hasn't gone Hollywood at all.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? :    Brady ALWAYS wears a suit on road trips regardless of what the rest of the team wears. Where have you guys been? This isn't anything new.The flight to London is the same length as a flight to San Diego from Boston.  When asked if it was a superstition he replied "yeah". He also stated that he wanted to set an example for the rest of his team but noone followed his lead. He feels it is important to represent the Patriots looking like a professional. http://www.money-cash-hos.com/post/221932215/tom-brady-on-his-way-to-london-wes-welker-had     feel free to read his comments and please post a LEGIBLE copy of the radio transcript that you have based your arguement on. The automatically generated transcript that is posted makes absolutely no sense. I heard his interview also and heard nothing to support any elitist theory.    BTW,Comparing Brady in a suit to drunken celebrity upskirt photos truly exhibits the E' channel/National Enquirer mentality in which you exist.  
    Posted by cowtherabbit-[/QUOTE]Just checked out your link. it says it all. We can agree to disagree i guess. I dont see that as a pretty sight at all. he looks like their boss or a lawyer sent down from corporate Kraft's office to fly with the team. He does not look like one of them and is not one of them and is saliently going way out of his way to rub it in! we all know he is better and has a far better lifestyle and that's fine... he just appears completely clueless and lacking in common sense. at this point, even with the warmup suit, he will clearly stand out. Give me a break, was he wearing suits in 2000 or 2001 as the sole dissenter? i am willing to bet your mother's life on it that it is not the case! he would not have made the team or been belichick's boy if that were the case.  others would have been much bolder in questiong if he were really a patriot or if he would have been able to stay humble on the patriot egalitarian assembly line. he is not taking a hint. obvious reality is to take your cues from your immediate BOSS. what are they wearing? if belichick or staff were in suits and said it was optional, then fine. or if other players who are supposed to be "followers" of tom also did, then fine. get your head out of the kool aid, is this not obvious? really? if your boss told you that u could wear shorts or a suit at work but noone ever wore shorts from the leaders down to your peers, would you really need to wonder why some got "concerned" when you opted for the shorts "option"? its called irony or being rhetorical or creating the false airs/appearance of "freedom" (watch what they DO)! No one else here has a freakin girlfriend? Oh yep, you can go hang with your frat buds at Hooters if you want or hang with me on our anniversary at my parent's house? When you express your "freedom" by taking #1, how often does that work out.. esp in reward terms of her voluntarily sharing her bod with ya?  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : Just checked out your link. it says it all. We can agree to disagree i guess. I dont see that as a pretty sight at all. he looks like their boss or a lawyer sent down from corporate Kraft's office to fly with the team. He does not look like one of them and is not one of them and is saliently going way out of his way to rub it in! we all know he is better and has a far better lifestyle and that's fine... he just appears completely clueless and lacking in common sense. at this point, even with the warmup suit, he will clearly stand out. Give me a break, was he wearing suits in 2000 or 2001 as the sole dissenter? i am willing to bet your mother's life on it that it is not the case! he would not have made the team or been belichick's boy if that were the case.  others would have been much bolder in questiong if he were really a patriot or if he would have been able to stay humble on the patriot egalitarian assembly line. he is not taking a hint. obvious reality is to take your cues from your immediate BOSS. what are they wearing? if belichick or staff were in suits and said it was optional, then fine. or if other players who are supposed to be "followers" of tom also did, then fine. get your head out of the kool aid, is this not obvious? really? if your boss told you that u could wear shorts or a suit at work but noone ever wore shorts from the leaders down to your peers, would you really need to wonder why some got "concerned" when you opted for the shorts "option"? its called irony or being rhetorical or creating the false airs/appearance of "freedom" (watch what they DO)! No one else here has a freakin girlfriend? Oh yep, you can go hang with your frat buds at Hooters if you want or hang with me on our anniversary at my parent's house? When you express your "freedom" by taking #1, how often does that work out.. esp in reward terms of her voluntarily sharing her bod with ya?  

What? Your "take" is way too complicated. 
    I looked for the "TRANSLATE" button and even that didn't help.
    If it makes you feel any better though, Tom Brady is going to wear his Patriots issued sweatsuit for Haloween. He's going to "dress-up" like a football player...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : Just checked out your link. it says it all. We can agree to disagree i guess. I dont see that as a pretty sight at all. he looks like their boss or a lawyer sent down from corporate Kraft's office to fly with the team. He does not look like one of them and is not one of them and is saliently going way out of his way to rub it in! we all know he is better and has a far better lifestyle and that's fine... he just appears completely clueless and lacking in common sense. at this point, even with the warmup suit, he will clearly stand out. Give me a break, was he wearing suits in 2000 or 2001 as the sole dissenter? i am willing to bet your mother's life on it that it is not the case! he would not have made the team or been belichick's boy if that were the case.  others would have been much bolder in questiong if he were really a patriot or if he would have been able to stay humble on the patriot egalitarian assembly line. he is not taking a hint. obvious reality is to take your cues from your immediate BOSS. what are they wearing? if belichick or staff were in suits and said it was optional, then fine. or if other players who are supposed to be "followers" of tom also did, then fine. get your head out of the kool aid, is this not obvious? really? if your boss told you that u could wear shorts or a suit at work but noone ever wore shorts from the leaders down to your peers, would you really need to wonder why some got "concerned" when you opted for the shorts "option"? its called irony or being rhetorical or creating the false airs/appearance of "freedom" (watch what they DO)! No one else here has a freakin girlfriend? Oh yep, you can go hang with your frat buds at Hooters if you want or hang with me on our anniversary at my parent's house? When you express your "freedom" by taking #1, how often does that work out.. esp in reward terms of her voluntarily sharing her bod with ya?  

A lot of these comments are less about TB and far more about the writer. 

Talk about projection. 

"We all know he is better" = "Do you think he thinks he's bett-r-n-me?"

"saliently going out of his way to rub it in" =  "I can't bleeve he thinks he's bett-r-n-me"

"he looks clueless" = "He's not bett-r-n-me." <thinking: "Yeah, he's bett-r-n-me."

He is a man in a suit. The interpretations are yours.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : It's funny you should mention Brady's hat. I saw that enchanting commercial Peyton Manning did with Justin Timberlake the other day. Clearly he hasn't gone Hollywood at all.
    Posted by PeaceLaur[/QUOTE]
    I get your point, but I think you missed mine.  Gone hollywood (at least in my opinion) is more of a glamour thing.  Manning's exposure is all work for the benefit of himself and the companies that pay him to do it. 

Brady, on the other hand, dresses like a model out of personal preference.