Has Brady become too corporate or elitist?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately?

In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : Just checked out your link. it says it all. We can agree to disagree i guess. I dont see that as a pretty sight at all. he looks like their boss or a lawyer sent down from corporate Kraft's office to fly with the team. He does not look like one of them and is not one of them and is saliently going way out of his way to rub it in! we all know he is better and has a far better lifestyle and that's fine... he just appears completely clueless and lacking in common sense. at this point, even with the warmup suit, he will clearly stand out. Give me a break, was he wearing suits in 2000 or 2001 as the sole dissenter? i am willing to bet your mother's life on it that it is not the case! he would not have made the team or been belichick's boy if that were the case.  others would have been much bolder in questiong if he were really a patriot or if he would have been able to stay humble on the patriot egalitarian assembly line. he is not taking a hint. obvious reality is to take your cues from your immediate BOSS. what are they wearing? if belichick or staff were in suits and said it was optional, then fine. or if other players who are supposed to be "followers" of tom also did, then fine. get your head out of the kool aid, is this not obvious? really? if your boss told you that u could wear shorts or a suit at work but noone ever wore shorts from the leaders down to your peers, would you really need to wonder why some got "concerned" when you opted for the shorts "option"? its called irony or being rhetorical or creating the false airs/appearance of "freedom" (watch what they DO)! No one else here has a freakin girlfriend? Oh yep, you can go hang with your frat buds at Hooters if you want or hang with me on our anniversary at my parent's house? When you express your "freedom" by taking #1, how often does that work out.. esp in reward terms of her voluntarily sharing her bod with ya?  
    Posted by bubbakilla[/QUOTE]
    I could care less how Brady dresses, but I will say this:

As I recall, Belichick did not allow individual team members to be introduced at his first super bowl but rather the entire team as a whole.  This was the beginning of the patriots team over individual concept, which is  frequently used here as a major piece of supporting evidence as to why the pats have been so successful.   

Further, I have frequently been reminded that Brady only would do commercials with his linemates.  That obviously did not extend to the print media.  Maybe his linemates would rather slaughter the sheep than cuddle it. 

Now this recent picture of Brady looking Savile Row while every other teammate is wearing the same sweat suit makes Brady look like anything but a teammate.  He sticks out like a sore thumb. 

If the leader of the band is going his own way, it makes you wonder what the future holds.  Is Gisele the patriots Jeanine Pettibone?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : I could care less how Brady dresses, but I will say this: As I recall, Belichick did not allow individual team members to be introduced at his first super bowl but rather the entire team as a whole.  This was the beginning of the patriots team over individual concept, which is  frequently used here as a major piece of supporting evidence as to why the pats have been so successful.    Further, I have frequently been reminded that Brady only would do commercials with his linemates.  That obviously did not extend to the print media.  Maybe his linemates would rather slaughter the sheep than cuddle it.  Now this recent picture of Brady looking Savile Row while every other teammate is wearing the same sweat suit makes Brady look like anything but a teammate.  He sticks out like a sore thumb.  If the leader of the band is going his own way, it makes you wonder what the future holds.  Is Gisele the patriots Jeanine Pettibone?
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

Thank you fort another idiotic post. You and Leon are the two constants here.

PS The breakup of the Beatles was Yoko's fault.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Re: Has Brady become too corporate or elitist?

Would you like me to replace Jeanine Pettibone with Yoko?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : I could care less how Brady dresses, but I will say this: As I recall, Belichick did not allow individual team members to be introduced at his first super bowl but rather the entire team as a whole.  This was the beginning of the patriots team over individual concept, which is  frequently used here as a major piece of supporting evidence as to why the pats have been so successful.    Further, I have frequently been reminded that Brady only would do commercials with his linemates.  That obviously did not extend to the print media.  Maybe his linemates would rather slaughter the sheep than cuddle it.  Now this recent picture of Brady looking Savile Row while every other teammate is wearing the same sweat suit makes Brady look like anything but a teammate.  He sticks out like a sore thumb.  If the leader of the band is going his own way, it makes you wonder what the future holds.  Is Gisele the patriots Jeanine Pettibone?
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]dogg, per usual you have hit the nail on the head and ingeniously expressed the coherent wisdom that is in your head. fact is these kool aiders are deliberately not grasping the point you and I are trying to make about brady. it is not about a suit or sweat suit issue at all. its about team vs the lone wolf dissenting individual super star. if all wore a suit, no beef. Can you imagine if the entire team was to run onto the field for warmups if brady had on a different outfit or when all those guys ran onto the field for the super bowl if brady was the one person introduced or if he came leisurely strollg on to the field by himself 5 minutes later? obviously, that wouldn't be the best way to emphasize the TEAM, all for one-one for all concept! you are a colts fan, I am a Pats fan yet we have rationally reached the same conclusions on this. Not only does he stick out like a sore thumb but like a bratty kid, he seems to go out of his way to keep sticking out that thumb. I believe Gisele is the Delilah to his Sampson, kind of a default trojan horse! 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : A lot of these comments are less about TB and far more about the writer.  Talk about projection.  "We all know he is better" = "Do you think he thinks he's bett-r-n-me?" "saliently going out of his way to rub it in" =  "I can't bleeve he thinks he's bett-r-n-me" "he looks clueless" = "He's not bett-r-n-me." <thinking: "Yeah, he's bett-r-n-me." He is a man in a suit. The interpretations are yours.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]Facts are facts, whether I agree or you agree or either/both of us choose not to. Brady has a lifestyle and social hierarchal status that no one on this board could ever appreciate or have. so what? I love my life, it is not his. No one is covering me every day. Are you in People Magazine. It is not an individual thing, it is a society or sociocollective isssue. How others, the majority in the society see things. Not a slight to me, just a fact. He is hierarchically better, just like a boss is to an underling, Obama to the senators and vice versa. That is the pecking order. Gisele is super hot. Whether I agree or hate it, so what? My gal is not making 50 mil per year to pose in Victoria Secret or travel free universally to pose in her undies. Is what it is my friend. If you have read my other posts, you would see that I actually am a superfan of the guy's football works! When he steps out of line, I can step away from the kool aid with some strong vodka and call him out on it. No blinders here!

How anyone with their head not all the way in Brady's lap can't see that picture with him standing there as an overlord of his teammates not see it as a negative is beyond me! If that was Peyton, he would be getting rightfully brutalized everywhere here. Its not the person, its the act! Then again, say what you want about Peyton, he will NEVER be seen like that with his teammates. He follows the team protocol all the way. Commercials and what not.. I could care less because those are totally off-field stuff. His dime, time, brand and space! Frankly, I wish our QB could still be Brady on the field but more like Peyton off it! Who is he nailing? Who is Peyton's girl? I could not tell you. I have never seen or heard of her and frankly, it does not matter. I don't believe it is by accident that I have not. He keeps it down-low like that. He is not wearing the skirt at home, his face is not the one being sat on.. got it? 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I just had to check this thread out today.  I figured by now it had morphed into a discussion of politics, religion, Dungy, or the Pope (is the Pope Dungy?).  But I was wrong.  We're still discussing this ridiculous topic about communism.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Because I could never, ever, express such a thing as Bubba just has without a total assault from the entire board nation, in my little corner of the world, the rain just stopped, the clouds parted, the sun shone, and I heard angels sing a "you hit that m-f'er right on its m-f'ing head" chorus.  And it was profoundly beautiful. 

I have thought some other things that pats fans in the puritanical world of New England would find blasphemous and punishable with a scarlet letter T, but I will keep them to myself for now and bask in the exuberance of this recent epiphany. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]I wish our QB could still be Brady on the field but more like Peyton off it! Who is he nailing? Who is Peyton's girl? I could not tell you. I have never seen or heard of her and frankly, it does not matter.

You can find more talk on the Internet about Peyton being in the closet than you can about Brady and his girlfriend.  Now I'm not saying any of the rumors are true.  Nor am I saying he doesn't have a right to like whoever he wants.  I'm merely suggesting that this "might" be why you don't hear much about his "girlfriend".  

Let's see if this will morph the thread :^)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Am I to understand that this means that because one idiot has found another idiot who agrees with him, that idiocy is somehow validated?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Well after Caraway's post, I guess I will reveal my blasphemy. 

Manning is more of a Belichick guy than Brady is. 

Brady's style is the anti-belichick.  Brady would be a better fit for the likes of Tom Landry or someone like Rick Pitino (I don't know who that would be in Football).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: Has Brady become too corporate or elitist?:
    [QUOTE]Am I to understand that this means that because one idiot has found another idiot who agrees with him, that idiocy is somehow validated?
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

I hear ya pmike.  Some of the things the idiots here agree on is incredible. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : His "girl" is Kenny Chesney.   http://www.tribalwar.com/forums/archive/t-403220.html You can find more talk on the Internet about Peyton being in the closet than you can about Brady and his girlfriend.  Now I'm not saying any of the rumors are true.  Nor am I saying he doesn't have a right to like whoever he wants.  I'm merely suggesting that this "might" be why you don't hear much about his "girlfriend".   Let's see if this will morph the thread :^)
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

First of Caraway, I am shocked with this departure in your forum personality. You are usually like Dogg, a voice of reason. What's this all about?

The guy is gay. I dont mean to start trouble, im just stating facts. Peyton and Kent Chesney have a very close realtionship. Renee Zelwegger says the marriage between her and Kent was annuled due to 'peyton and kent's realtionship.' What else can this mean?

Since you insist on going there... My feel on this is that because Peyton is actually a guy's guy, real men tend to gravitate to him who do not want to be forced to erotically cuddle and liplock with goats, be filmed by the likes of TMZ routinely playing errand boy in NY as their gal liberally berates them, or exposed in a public park being fed grapes as their gal boldly assumes all the traditional masculine roles. With him, you can leave your naggy, "liberated" masculine male-hating feminazi at home for awhile as you go hunting, fishing, horseback riding on a ranch, go drinking some real beer from a freakin bottle while smoking some Cuban cigars and munching on a huge BLOODY carcass of a steak, as well as hitting a couple of strip clubs or bars along the way after playing some pool-darts and basketball or hockey with more of your buds! 

From my interpretation, the real gay guys or switch hitters esp amongst celeb types (Rock Hudson anyone) tend to mask it by doing the pretty girl-model thing. Their agents come up with the scheme as a front to always keep them superficially surrounded with all these starlets or they make a deal with some hottie for mutual spotlight benefits as a cover for who they really are. They even sometimes do the child and marriage thing. The telltale signs, as it was with that Brady-like InSync dude who finally came out, are the hypersensitivity to things and activities most men would classify as overfeminine or wacky soft. Among other things, an usual obsession with fashion, metrosexuality, moisturizing, eyebrow plucking, pedicure-manicure, needless girlish posing in male-based mags, and so on. There you have it. There's nothing wrong or immoral to me about being gay but if either of these guys were in fact gay, my bet would be on BRADY! Peyton ain't hiding. He's been the same way from his Tennessee days, good or bad. Brady ACTS like a man with some major skeletons in that overflowing closet. He is no longer the Brady from Michigan or pre-Gissy Brady. FYI, poll after poll rank Peyton and Favre as men real women find better (more masculine) looking and would prefer to marry or date.Being pretty is a different kind of good looking. Also, they are the kinds guys would just want to hang out with for a beer. With Brady, you are going to art class after the museum as you sip from a sweet drink with a decorative umbrella on the glass.

I believe Belichick would pick Peyton as the ideal for what he would like his QB (leader of the team) to be like in private or off the field!  Brady-Bel now remind me of Terry Bradshaw and Chuck Noll, an odd couple. Minute the football match is over, they may never talk to each other again unless they MUST for some football history stuff. Bel will never use his Bruschi speech when Tommy hangs it up. He won't be saying that Tom was a son. More like the daughter he never wanted. Is Bruschi not a real man? That is a Belichick guy!   

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

[QUOTE]Well after Caraway's post, I guess I will reveal my blasphemy.  Manning is more of a Belichick guy than Brady is.  Brady's style is the anti-belichick.  Brady would be a better fit for the likes of Tom Landry or someone like Rick Pitino (I don't know who that would be in Football).
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]No doubt about this anymore! I think Jon Gruden would like a Brady and.... (drum roll).... BILL PARCELLS! Parcells was always a bit of a jester-attention w h o r e type, loved the limelight. He would be out there defending Brady and enjoying all the media's fascination with it. Heck, he may even make everyone start dressing like Tom and what not. I also liked Parcells but he's no BELICHICK!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : First of Caraway, I am shocked with this departure in your forum personality. You are usually like Dogg, a voice of reason.    

Did you just compliment me or insult me? :^)  I'm just stirring the pot.  Isn't it against the forum rules for any thread with more than 100 replies to stay on topic?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : dogg, per usual you have hit the nail on the head and ingeniously expressed the coherent wisdom that is in your head. fact is these kool aiders are deliberately not grasping the point you and I are trying to make about brady. it is not about a suit or sweat suit issue at all. its about team vs the lone wolf dissenting individual super star. if all wore a suit, no beef. Can you imagine if the entire team was to run onto the field for warmups if brady had on a different outfit or when all those guys ran onto the field for the super bowl if brady was the one person introduced or if he came leisurely strollg on to the field by himself 5 minutes later? obviously, that wouldn't be the best way to emphasize the TEAM, all for one-one for all concept! you are a colts fan, I am a Pats fan yet we have rationally reached the same conclusions on this. Not only does he stick out like a sore thumb but like a bratty kid, he seems to go out of his way to keep sticking out that thumb. I believe Gisele is the Delilah to his Sampson, kind of a default trojan horse! 

You didn't "rationally" reach anything. You took a normal situation and hyperbolized it well past any logical limit. Your basic premise is that Brady, no, strike that, any Patriot needs to look and act like any other Patriot or else they are not a part of the team concept. Absolute absurdity. No wonder you consider yourself rational.

According to you, they must all listen to the same music, eat the same food, wear the same outfits... Again just ridiculous.

You really seem threatened by a successful stranger. What other celebrities scare you?

And you final "thought" is that you wonder if Gisele is Deliliah to his Sampson and then you compare that to a trojan horse. This is the big key. It basically says, "I have no freaking clue what I am talking about, but if I throw enough carp on the wall, some will prove the pudding." (NOTE: Mixed metaphor thrown in to compliment your inability to connect well known parables.)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : Facts are facts, whether I agree or you agree or either/both of us choose not to. Brady has a lifestyle and social hierarchal status that no one on this board could ever appreciate or have. so what? I love my life, it is not his. No one is covering me every day. Are you in People Magazine. It is not an individual thing, it is a society or sociocollective isssue. How others, the majority in the society see things. Not a slight to me, just a fact. He is hierarchically better, just like a boss is to an underling, Obama to the senators and vice versa. That is the pecking order. Gisele is super hot. Whether I agree or hate it, so what? My gal is not making 50 mil per year to pose in Victoria Secret or travel free universally to pose in her undies. Is what it is my friend. If you have read my other posts, you would see that I actually am a superfan of the guy's football works! When he steps out of line, I can step away from the kool aid with some strong vodka and call him out on it. No blinders here! How anyone with their head not all the way in Brady's lap can't see that picture with him standing there as an overlord of his teammates not see it as a negative is beyond me! If that was Peyton, he would be getting rightfully brutalized everywhere here. Its not the person, its the act! Then again, say what you want about Peyton, he will NEVER be seen like that with his teammates. He follows the team protocol all the way. Commercials and what not.. I could care less because those are totally off-field stuff. His dime, time, brand and space! Frankly, I wish our QB could still be Brady on the field but more like Peyton off it! Who is he nailing? Who is Peyton's girl? I could not tell you. I have never seen or heard of her and frankly, it does not matter. I don't believe it is by accident that I have not. He keeps it down-low like that. He is not wearing the skirt at home, his face is not the one being sat on.. got it? 

That is the point.

What you are calling "facts" are your perceptions. They make more money than you so you think are better than you are. There is no hierarchical connection. It doesn't exist. The only hierarchy is in your mind. 

Comparing it to the President being the boss of the Congress is incorrect as well. (Aside from the fact that the President is not the boss of Congress, but that is another thing.) Tom Brady has no say in what you do, does he? He would only be your "boss" if you reported to him. Does that relationship exist? Do you even know him? 

Since you obviously look at him like he is your boss, of course you are going to think he thinks he is the boss of everyone else. Look at the terminology you use - you say he is acting as overlord - how pathetic are you to view a stranger as having such control over you.

I know you won't understand this as it seems far above your ken, but it is true. It is ironic that you accuse others of having their head in his lap when that is clearly the position you wish you were in.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has Brady become too corporate or elitist? : I hear ya pmike.  Some of the things the idiots here agree on is incredible. 

Thankfully, ud, I know you actually intended this irony.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : Did you just compliment me or insult me? :^)  I'm just stirring the pot.  Isn't it against the forum rules for any thread with more than 100 replies to stay on topic?
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Caraway, I believe this thread has been incredibly on topic. Your introduction of this little curve is still yet unbelievably on point. Killa, Underdogg, Enoch and others have all added some good points. What ever happened to Bub the Grub with that bradylicious avatar of his? Believe it or not, I have actually learned some new things. Amazing how Brady and Peyton can be so similar on the field yet so different off it. Guess there's are huge rooms of discussion with elitism, corporatism, blue collar, white collar, brady and peyton, gisele, Kenny chesney, and belicheck all involved. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has Brady become too corporate or elitist? : Thankfully, ud, I know you actually intended this irony.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]
    What irony?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has Brady become too corporate or elitist? : What irony?

Wise-azz.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : That is the point. What you are calling "facts" are your perceptions. They make more money than you so you think are better than you are. There is no hierarchical connection. It doesn't exist. The only hierarchy is in your mind.  Comparing it to the President being the boss of the Congress is incorrect as well. (Aside from the fact that the President is not the boss of Congress, but that is another thing.) Tom Brady has no say in what you do, does he? He would only be your "boss" if you reported to him. Does that relationship exist? Do you even know him?  Since you obviously look at him like he is your boss, of course you are going to think he thinks he is the boss of everyone else. Look at the terminology you use - you say he is acting as overlord - how pathetic are you to view a stranger as having such control over you. I know you won't understand this as it seems far above your ken, but it is true. It is ironic that you accuse others of having their head in his lap when that is clearly the position you wish you were in.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Root, what planet do you crawl on?
    facts are different from perceptions. one is objective, the other is subjective.hierarchies do not just exist in my or anyone's mind. Its like saying that racism or sexism only exist in there also. Every society or culture has formal and informal hierarchies. i do not think any one is better than me in my head or elsewhere on a one on one basis. however, society is bigger than me... it decides to put the favres, bradys, lohans, will smiths on the ultimate pedestal. nothing personal or relevant to the i of me. brought up the president to make obvious point that he is the highest political person in the country. he's not their boss but as commander in chief, he's the MAN. that's why senators run for prez and presidents do not run for the senate. got it? that's hierarchy my friend. When did i claim that brady is my boss? He's my overlord?... when did i ever claim that? I said he was acting and branding himself as if he were his team mates' overlord. you just pull all these nonsequitors and fallacies rather than try a logical argumental discourse. 

lastly, with gissy... i stand by it. i do see her as a delilah. in this case, zapping every off-field masculinity out of of the formerly sampsonized masculine brady. that is an OPINION, that is perception. trojan horse also applies indirectly. delilah could have been dropped in enemy territory as a gift with the express purpose of sabotaging sampson. seems to have worked  in the SB when brady allowed her to stay in his room when no other player had any of their gals around. i believe she bodily drained him and thus he was zapped of energy esp in the beginning of the game when he played like he was punchdrunk. i do not believe gissy is a pats fan. too NY to be one. again, these are also PERCEPTIONS. should be obvious when that is the case. stop with the distrative fox news nitpickiness and focus on the FACTS of my biggger points.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : Root, what planet do you crawl on? facts are different from perceptions. one is objective, the other is subjective.hierarchies do not just exist in my or anyone's mind. Its like saying that racism or sexism only exist in there also. Every society or culture has formal and informal hierarchies. i do not think any one is better than me in my head or elsewhere on a one on one basis. however, society is bigger than me... it decides to put the favres, bradys, lohans, will smiths on the ultimate pedestal. nothing personal or relevant to the i of me. brought up the president to make obvious point that he is the highest political person in the country. he's not their boss but as commander in chief, he's the MAN. that's why senators run for prez and presidents do not run for the senate. got it? that's hierarchy my friend. When did i claim that brady is my boss? He's my overlord?... when did i ever claim that? I said he was acting and branding himself as if he were his team mates' overlord. you just pull all these nonsequitors and fallacies rather than try a logical argumental discourse.  lastly, with gissy... i stand by it. i do see her as a delilah. in this case, zapping every off-field masculinity out of of the formerly sampsonized masculine brady. that is an OPINION, that is perception. trojan horse also applies indirectly. delilah could have been dropped in enemy territory as a gift with the express purpose of sabotaging sampson. seems to have worked  in the SB when brady allowed her to stay in his room when no other player had any of their gals around. i believe she bodily drained him and thus he was zapped of energy esp in the beginning of the game when he played like he was punchdrunk. i do not believe gissy is a pats fan. too NY to be one. again, these are also PERCEPTIONS. should be obvious when that is the case. stop with the distrative fox news nitpickiness and focus on the FACTS of my biggger points.

I'm sorry for those on this thread that feel so much anguish over a guy just living his life. If Brady is in fact using his status as an NFL player for self promotion then so be it. After seeing the NFL chew up and spit out so many of his former teamates who can blame him for preparing for a life beyond football. I'd rather see him as a Senator in 10 years than doing commercials for Gieco or Pizza Hut. He had 18 months to contemplate life without football and how on any given play his career could be over. For now I'm just going to enjoy watching him win games. QB's like him are extremely rare and we are very fortunate he plays for NE. Try to enjoy this golden age of Patriots history.GOOOOOOOOO PATS!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Root, what planet do you crawl on? facts are different from perceptions. 

Really? Step one is admitting it.

one is objective, the other is subjective.hierarchies do not just exist in my or anyone's mind. 

The hierarchy that you have created in your mind is subjective. Step 2 is to not backslide - points off.

Its like saying that racism or sexism only exist in there also. Every society or culture has formal and informal hierarchies. i do not think any one is better than me in my head or elsewhere on a one on one basis. 

I believe you actually wrote that Brady was better than everyone. Your meaning behind that is that he is better than you.

however, society is bigger than me... it decides to put the favres, bradys, lohans, will smiths on the ultimate pedestal. nothing personal or relevant to the i of me. 

But they don’t decide to refer to him as overlord.

brought up the president to make obvious point that he is the highest political person in the country. he's not their boss but as commander in chief, he's the MAN. that's why senators run for prez and presidents do not run for the senate. got it? that's hierarchy my friend. 

Actually, you wrote that he is the boss of Congress. 

When did i claim that brady is my boss? 

When you made the comparison that Brady to us (meaning you) was like the President being the boss of Congress. That what a comparison is.

He's my overlord?... when did i ever claim that? I said he was acting and branding himself as if he were his team mates' overlord. 

This is your interpretation of his actions. He simply wore a suit. But you needed to interpret that as if he was somehow trying to pull a power play over his teammates. You are seeing him through your eyes but trying to project that onto how his team mates perceive him. It is pretty basic.

you just pull all these nonsequitors and fallacies rather than try a logical argumental discourse.  

Seriously. Do you really consider your interpretations to be “logical discourse”. 

lastly, with gissy... i stand by it. i do see her as a delilah. in this case, zapping every off-field masculinity out of of the formerly sampsonized masculine brady. that is an OPINION, that is perception. trojan horse also applies indirectly. delilah could have been dropped in enemy territory as a gift with the express purpose of sabotaging sampson.

That is just an awesome example of cognitive dissonance. The parables don’t compare as you said they did and when confronted by the truth of that, you actually tried to rationalize it. Fantastic. You should hire yourself out to college classes for Psych studies.

seems to have worked  in the SB when brady allowed her to stay in his room when no other player had any of their gals around. i believe she bodily drained him and thus he was zapped of energy esp in the beginning of the game when he played like he was punchdrunk. i do not believe gissy is a pats fan. too NY to be one. again, these are also PERCEPTIONS. should be obvious when that is the case. 

First you state that Giselle Bundchen is some kind of spy sent by “someone” in comparing her to a trojan-horsed version of Delilah. Then, you actually assume that conspiracy is true and try to tie it to an event. Pure awesomeness. Your willpower at trying to explain your world is truly dizzying. I hate to tell you that your world view is based on the initial assumptions of a nut job, but - aw, who am I kidding, I love to tell you that.

stop with the distrative fox news nitpickiness and focus on the FACTS of my biggger points.

Sure. When you get back on your meds.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

I think the problem is that some people created their own image on how Brady should conduct himself rather than accepting him as who he is,which is a future HOF QB for the Pats just enjoying his life. There are a lot worse role models for kids to look up to on the field every Sunday. Maybe it's jealousy or just a hatred of the American dream but these guys are way too emotional about a dude wearing a suit.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? :     I'm sorry for those on this thread that feel so much anguish over a guy just living his life. If Brady is in fact using his status as an NFL player for self promotion then so be it. After seeing the NFL chew up and spit out so many of his former teamates who can blame him for preparing for a life beyond football. I'd rather see him as a Senator in 10 years than doing commercials for Gieco or Pizza Hut. He had 18 months to contemplate life without football and how on any given play his career could be over. For now I'm just going to enjoy watching him win games. QB's like him are extremely rare and we are very fortunate he plays for NE. Try to enjoy this golden age of Patriots history.GOOOOOOOOO PATS!!!!!
    Posted by cowtherabbit-[/QUOTE]
    A senator?  Has he indicated that he has such aspirations?

Sections
Shortcuts