Has Brady become too corporate or elitist?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately?

In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : A senator?  Has he indicated that he has such aspirations?
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

No,he hasn't.He also has expressed no desire to advertise for Geico or Pizza Hut that I am aware of. I was trying to convey the difference between the career paths of former football players such as Jack Kemp,who became a congressman for 18 years after the NFL and those legends such as Butkus and Namath that are currently doing sporadic television advertisements to bolster their income.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? :     I'm sorry for those on this thread that feel so much anguish over a guy just living his life. If Brady is in fact using his status as an NFL player for self promotion then so be it. After seeing the NFL chew up and spit out so many of his former teamates who can blame him for preparing for a life beyond football. I'd rather see him as a Senator in 10 years than doing commercials for Gieco or Pizza Hut. He had 18 months to contemplate life without football and how on any given play his career could be over. For now I'm just going to enjoy watching him win games. QB's like him are extremely rare and we are very fortunate he plays for NE. Try to enjoy this golden age of Patriots history.GOOOOOOOOO PATS!!!!!
    Posted by cowtherabbit-[/QUOTE]wabbit, i agree. what is the mystery here. self-promotion is all okay. my beef is that it is increasingly coming at the expense of the TEAM concept. do you not get that. peyton does the same type of stuff, same with favre. good gigs if u can get it. when with pats, fall in line. no one says he must eat exactly the same food or stuff like that. just be in the same type of uniform on and off the field. likely reason braDY did not show up last year to cheer on his team mates is because he did not want to be photographed in warmups. yep, this is dumb but when compounded with some of his recent actions, you make some start to question things.

lastly, brady WILL be running for office after his career is done. he has already said this in a few interviews. he is republican and feels he and others pay way too much in taxes. again, i have no beef with this. all the power to him. none of those views were expressed in any way to conflict with team harmony. bel is a dem and just by fact that most of the players are african american, i will go on a stereotypical liimb and assume that MOST lean towards the left and thus towards the DEMS too. same with the region and state that the team is based in. it is best that he continue to express those economic republican views and values with a big "I" and away from the team! same with his suits. best that he wear them away from the team! that's not what they are about. that too is pretty clear! i never saw troy in one nor bruschi or moss or belichick and so forth. guys braDY should be humble and smart enough to take his cues from when around the pats. off it, fine... he can submit to gissy and others. i could care less!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : wabbit, i agree. what is the mystery here. self-promotion is all okay. my beef is that it is increasingly coming at the expense of the TEAM concept. do you not get that. peyton does the same type of stuff, same with favre. good gigs if u can get it. when with pats, fall in line. no one says he must eat exactly the same food or stuff like that. just be in the same type of uniform on and off the field. likely reason braDY did not show up last year to cheer on his team mates is because he did not want to be photographed in warmups. yep, this is dumb but when compounded with some of his recent actions, you make some start to question things. lastly, brady WILL be running for office after his career is done. he has already said this in a few interviews. he is republican and feels he and others pay way too much in taxes. again, i have no beef with this. all the power to him. none of those views were expressed in any way to conflict with team harmony. bel is a dem and just by fact that most of the players are african american, i will go on a stereotypical liimb and assume that MOST lean towards the left and thus towards the DEMS too. same with the region and state that the team is based in. it is best that he continue to express those economic republican views and values with a big "I" and away from the team! same with his suits. best that he wear them away from the team! that's not what they are about. that too is pretty clear! i never saw troy in one nor bruschi or moss or belichick and so forth. guys braDY should be humble and smart enough to take his cues from when around the pats. off it, fine... he can submit to gissy and others. i could care less!
    Posted by bubbakilla[/QUOTE]

Now you are accusing Brady of not showing up on the field because he you think he didn't want to be photographed in sweats. Man, your crazy is full time.

The only correct thing you have written so far is that your idea is dumb. Then you have to ruin it by continuing to write. 

And, you might be interested to know that, wait for it, THINGS HAPPEN WITHOUT YOU SEEING THEM. 

I realize that blows your mind, but the logic that because you have never seen BB, TBrown or TBruschi in a suit does not mean they haven't been in one. I have actually seen photographs (SHOCKING) of Belichick wearing an Armani suit - and it wasn't at a Patriots function. I probably shouldn't have told you that because now you will start to think he is the on the Illuminati's coaching sub-committee.

But, nevertheless, BB is better than you.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : wabbit, i agree. what is the mystery here. self-promotion is all okay. my beef is that it is increasingly coming at the expense of the TEAM concept. do you not get that. peyton does the same type of stuff, same with favre. good gigs if u can get it. when with pats, fall in line. no one says he must eat exactly the same food or stuff like that. just be in the same type of uniform on and off the field. likely reason braDY did not show up last year to cheer on his team mates is because he did not want to be photographed in warmups. yep, this is dumb but when compounded with some of his recent actions, you make some start to question things. lastly, brady WILL be running for office after his career is done. he has already said this in a few interviews. he is republican and feels he and others pay way too much in taxes. again, i have no beef with this. all the power to him. none of those views were expressed in any way to conflict with team harmony. bel is a dem and just by fact that most of the players are african american, i will go on a stereotypical liimb and assume that MOST lean towards the left and thus towards the DEMS too. same with the region and state that the team is based in. it is best that he continue to express those economic republican views and values with a big "I" and away from the team! same with his suits. best that he wear them away from the team! that's not what they are about. that too is pretty clear! i never saw troy in one nor bruschi or moss or belichick and so forth. guys braDY should be humble and smart enough to take his cues from when around the pats. off it, fine... he can submit to gissy and others. i could care less!

The team concept you adhere to is a facade. Seymour,Vrabel,Branch,Dillon ect.,ect., would in all probabilty disagree with your views on the team first concept. Teams are made up of individuals who have financial and personal needs just like the rest of us. The NFL is a business and as soon as Brady becomes too old or beaten up to compete he will find himself unemployed. Imagine that at the age of 30 you KNEW you had maybe 10 years left  in your company at best. Would you not make preparations too maximize the present for the benefit of the future? Would you not utilize your current status to pave the way for a different career. His activities have in no way negatively affected the play of the Patriots that I can see, so I have no issue with them. If you believe that his activities are hurting the team please post some material to support such an arguement. Until then, your opinions are just that,opinions. As for me, I will enjoy watching him perform his job,which is to entertain fans by winning football games.
       IMO, the 18 months of recovery he endured did far more to persuade Brady to contemplate his future beyond football than any of the factors you or choirboy have listed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Scrimmer09. Show Scrimmer09's posts

Re: Has Brady become too corporate or elitist?

Crotchcontrain, Bubbakilla, Underddog. Trolls x 3. When things go well for the Patriots, the haters crawl out from their holes and try to 'start' topics. Just ignore all like a pop-up.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : Now you are accusing Brady of not showing up on the field because he you think he didn't want to be photographed in sweats. Man, your crazy is full time. The only correct thing you have written so far is that your idea is dumb. Then you have to ruin it by continuing to write.  And, you might be interested to know that, wait for it, THINGS HAPPEN WITHOUT YOU SEEING THEM.  I realize that blows your mind, but the logic that because you have never seen BB, TBrown or TBruschi in a suit does not mean they haven't been in one. I have actually seen photographs (SHOCKING) of Belichick wearing an Armani suit - and it wasn't at a Patriots function. I probably shouldn't have told you that because now you will start to think he is the on the Illuminati's coaching sub-committee. But, nevertheless, BB is better than you.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn u r S L O WWWWWWWWWWWW!

I too have seen belichick and others in suits AWAY from the pats! so what? what's wrong with that? I have seen and liked the warm pics of bel and his hot blond MI-LF at the celtics game and elsewhere. he seems to love his PDA/public displays of affection (and some "humanity"). and share adulation. heck, he does a lot of open charity works too. i remember him getting up on stage to do that tough-guy song (dead or alive) with Weis with jon bon jovi (his fave artist) at leads to drive up the bidding. was a bit pitchy but i digress. bottom line i was talking SPECIFICALLY about nonKraft lead, patriot-centered team stuff. Are u that much of a brick head? How many ways can i make that clear distinction? Brady's done a lot off field stuff that I have not felt a need to post on. so what? he is entitled to be whatever he wants and rebel to wear only his undies at a nuude beach with gissy feeding him escargot from a penis-shaped contraption for all i care.... the suit thing got my attention for he was the ONLY one and it had to do with MY freakin pats in a Belichick-team context. he can stand out and be an individual all he wants elsewhere! i do not care about his non-pats stuff in and of themselves! is this FINALLY getting through that brick of a head of yours?

I would prefer that MY pats not go through what Green Bay went through with Favre. The coming and going hyperdrama act, preferential treatment stuff just went too far. you start that cuddling superstar exemption thing, it becomes hard to stop! Favre is my third fave on-field QB after Brady and warner, but he slowly but surely morphed and transformed himself into a pompous, clueless, and narcissistic high-maintenance prima donna-diva type (away from the actual field) in the locker room and so forth. It became Favre and the packers. the demands, from his own private shower and business center with in a separate favre based area of the locker room among others did eventually lead to his slow (death by many cuts) alienation among the other players, coaches and management. It is human nature to eventually resent anyone getting that kind of special treatment. No one should be "better" than the freakin TEAM or APPEAR to be.... got it?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Okay --

So now Brady is the second coming of the poster boy for preening prima donnas, because he maintains his GQ image all the time, well aware that, whether he chooses it to be so or not, he is always going to be the media's focus on this team?

This thread has been retarded from its inception (which, in and of itself, is not terribly suprising given the nature of most of the fly-by-nights on this forum), and you may well believe me when I tell you that if there were a way that I could put it out of our collective misery, I would have done so on page one. Lacking that, I think it's worth pointing out here that this comparison of Brady with the single most overblown media creation in the history of the NFL has at least catapulted bubbkilla leagues beyond choircontrarian in the race for the coveted Ultimate BDC Deuschebag Postie.

Keep those cards and letters coming.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn u r S L O WWWWWWWWWWWW! I too have seen belichick and others in suits AWAY from the pats! so what? what's wrong with that? I have seen and liked the warm pics of bel and his hot blond MI-LF at the celtics game and elsewhere. he seems to love his PDA/public displays of affection (and some "humanity"). and share adulation. heck, he does a lot of open charity works too. i remember him getting up on stage to do that tough-guy song (dead or alive) with Weis with jon bon jovi (his fave artist) at leads to drive up the bidding. was a bit pitchy but i digress.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I guess it is just me. I can't imagine how I would think that you wrote you had never seen him or several other Patriots in a suit.

[QUOTE] i never saw troy in one nor bruschi or moss or belichick and so forth. [/QUOTE]

I can't imagine why I would think you wrote that or why you would think you didn't. Maybe you killed a gypsy and the lead gypsy caught up with you and said "Mental" while running his finger down your cheek. That surely would explain things.

[QUOTE]bottom line i was talking SPECIFICALLY about nonKraft lead, patriot-centered team stuff. Are u that much of a brick head? How many ways can i make that clear distinction? Brady's done a lot off field stuff that I have not felt a need to post on. so what? he is entitled to be whatever he wants and rebel to wear only his undies at a nuude beach with gissy feeding him escargot from a penis-shaped contraption for all i care.... the suit thing got my attention for he was the ONLY one and it had to do with MY freakin pats in a Belichick-team context. he can stand out and be an individual all he wants elsewhere! i do not care about his non-pats stuff in and of themselves! is this FINALLY getting through that brick of a head of yours?[/QUOTE]

Of course, clarity might also come a bit easier for you if 1. Your keyboard work was less like a ransom note and 2. You were on your meds. 3. You stopped killing gypsies.

[QUOTE]I would prefer that MY pats not go through what Green Bay went through with Favre. The coming and going hyperdrama act, preferential treatment stuff just went too far. you start that cuddling superstar exemption thing, it becomes hard to stop! Favre is my third fave on-field QB after Brady and warner, but he slowly but surely morphed and transformed himself into a pompous, clueless, and narcissistic high-maintenance prima donna-diva type (away from the actual field) in the locker room and so forth. It became Favre and the packers. the demands, from his own private shower and business center with in a separate favre based area of the locker room among others did eventually lead to his slow (death by many cuts) alienation among the other players, coaches and management. It is human nature to eventually resent anyone getting that kind of special treatment. No one should be "better" than the freakin TEAM or APPEAR to be.... got it?

Yet you resent Brady NOW when he is not getting that treatment. Does that make you less of a human?

A leading expert says, "Yes."*

*Leading expert is not of any gypsy clan. Any resemblance to any gypsies, living or dead, is not intended and is purely coincidental.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from poopsteo. Show poopsteo's posts

In Response to Has Brady become too corporate or elitist?:
    [QUOTE]I have been thinking of this for a while. It seems as  gissy has maximized influence in his life, tom more and more has become unrelatable to the average guy. Watching him get on the plane for England in that suit and tie when everyone around him had on sweats was the final straw! it used to be that peyton was viewed as the pampered elitist due to his draft position, stats and pedigree. But let's face it, now that brady has the stats, the hottest gal, and corporate -republican attitude, he is now replacing peyton as the most pampered elitist in the NFL.  Both are still hard working but when one considers that brady came from a very privileged background and his dad is a mega lawyer, it magnifies the light on his present actions even more. At closer look, peyton is more of a blue-collar New England compatible type in just about every way. his dad being a tough grogan-type qb combined with his more every-guy approach and his average looks make him more relatable.  peyton no longer pouts and stomps on the field while calling out his teammates when he doesnt get his way. Ask Joey Galloway and others if Brady is now that way. Ask those reporters shot at in South America just for doing their miserable jobs if brady is not really like that now. I could go on, but you get the point. With all this said, I am still a Brady guy on the field and feel honored to have him as a pat! but these are concerning trend lines just as Belichick's shaky draft record from 2006-2008 used to be. As fans, we must be objective at times and not just follow the choir and kool aiders!   
    Posted by choircontrarian[/QUOTE]

Get a life. Brady hasn't missed a practice all year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

With all your psychic powers shouldn't you be making a killing in Vegas instead of posting here? Moron I haven't seen such a collection of wacked out thoughts since the Unibomber's manifesto was released

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

So its clear we've got posters who don't want to subscribe to what has been a board norm that the Pats defined, if nothing, TEAM.  Now, that Brady wants to stand out, posters are apoplectic over the suggestion that this is somehow an abberation of the New England Patriot norm.   

It is very possible that the dissenting posters may not subscribe to this TEAM mantra that the board, in general, has used as a defining element of what Patriot success is, but that possibility does not change the fact that such a viewpoint exists. 

Now I could care less about such a thing.  Seems petty to me.  These guys are professionals.  They should be allowed to express them in whatever way they want.  But lets be clear.  Such a display is the VERY anti-team that the board mantra abhors. 

clearly this subject has struck a chord.  We've got pmike calling people idiots and bubba, he called you a deuschbag.  Usually when the roar is loud like it is now, there is truth.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: Has Brady become too corporate or elitist?:
    [QUOTE]So its clear we've got posters who don't want to subscribe to what has been a board norm that the Pats defined, if nothing, TEAM.  Now, that Brady wants to stand out, posters are apoplectic over the suggestion that this is somehow an abberation of the New England Patriot norm.    It is very possible that the dissenting posters may not subscribe to this TEAM mantra that the board, in general, has used as a defining element of what Patriot success is, but that possibility does not change the fact that such a viewpoint exists.  Now I could care less about such a thing.  Seems petty to me.  These guys are professionals.  They should be allowed to express them in whatever way they want.  But lets be clear.  Such a display is the VERY anti-team that the board mantra abhors.  clearly this subject has struck a chord.  We've got pmike calling people idiots and bubba, he called you a deuschbag.  Usually when the roar is loud like it is now, there is truth.

Who says Brady wants to stick out? Choircontrarian and bealzebubba?

This does bring up an interesting question - if you hitch your premise to a post that doesn't exist, do dogs have Buddha nature?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

[QUOTE]So its clear we've got posters who don't want to subscribe to what has been a board norm that the Pats defined, if nothing, TEAM.  Now, that Brady wants to stand out, posters are apoplectic over the suggestion that this is somehow an abberation of the New England Patriot norm.    It is very possible that the dissenting posters may not subscribe to this TEAM mantra that the board, in general, has used as a defining element of what Patriot success is, but that possibility does not change the fact that such a viewpoint exists.  Now I could care less about such a thing.  Seems petty to me.  These guys are professionals.  They should be allowed to express them in whatever way they want.  But lets be clear.  Such a display is the VERY anti-team that the board mantra abhors.  clearly this subject has struck a chord.  We've got pmike calling people idiots and bubba, he called you a deuschbag.  Usually when the roar is loud like it is now, there is truth.

As a fan of the Colts you are the LAST one who should be speaking out about a QB using his status for personal reasons or going against the grain of the team.  Peyton forced the Colts to bring back his OC Tom Moore as a consultant by throwing a hissy fit over Moore walking. Pressuring the entire organisation just to maintain his comfort zone is something only a prima donna QB would attempt with his bosses. How do you think your new coach felt about that? It's clear that Peyton calls the shots and while he was licking Oreo's his teamate Marvin Harrison was getting the axe.I haven't seen Marvin in a Peyton comercial. I guess Peyton doesn't want to share a little limelight with a teamate.He would rather stand out by himself.BTW,there is a board for Indy fans,why do you hang out on a Patriot board?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has Brady become too corporate or elitist? : Who says Brady wants to stick out? Choircontrarian and bealzebubba? This does bring up an interesting question - if you hitch your premise to a post that doesn't exist, do dogs have Buddha nature?
    And exactly what does that have to do with the price of eggs in China? 

If someone develops an opinion based on things that exist who are you to question the buddha nature of dogs?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has Brady become too corporate or elitist? :  As a fan of the Colts you are the LAST one who should be speaking out about a QB using his status for personal reasons or going against the grain of the team.  Peyton forced the Colts to bring back his OC Tom Moore as a consultant by throwing a hissy fit over Moore walking. Pressuring the entire organisation just to maintain his comfort zone is something only a prima donna QB would attempt with his bosses. How do you think your new coach felt about that? It's clear that Peyton calls the shots and while he was licking Oreo's his teamate Marvin Harrison was getting the axe.I haven't seen Marvin in a Peyton comercial. I guess Peyton doesn't want to share a little limelight with a teamate.He would rather stand out by himself.BTW,there is a board for Indy fans,why do you hang out on a Patriot board?
    Posted by cowtherabbit-[/QUOTE]

If you can identify exactly where I said I had a problem with it then your post actually be worth the time I am wasting right now. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has Brady become too corporate or elitist? : If you can identify exactly where I said I had a problem with it then your post actually be worth the time I am wasting right now. 

If you can actually explain why you enjoy hanging out on another team's board rather than your own team's board then maybe someone on this board might respect you slightly. You have 3 posts on this page alone.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has Brady become too corporate or elitist? : And exactly what does that have to do with the price of eggs in China?  If someone develops an opinion based on things that exist who are you to question the buddha nature of dogs?

You aren't stating it as an opinion. You are stating it as a fact. THere is a great and large difference atwixt them. 

It also happens to be a misconception that you, cc and bael now share.  And it is pretty possible that two of these folks might just be nuts. Or inexpensive Chinese eggs. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has Brady become too corporate or elitist? :  As a fan of the Colts you are the LAST one who should be speaking out about a QB using his status for personal reasons or going against the grain of the team.  Peyton forced the Colts to bring back his OC Tom Moore as a consultant by throwing a hissy fit over Moore walking. Pressuring the entire organisation just to maintain his comfort zone is something only a prima donna QB would attempt with his bosses. How do you think your new coach felt about that? It's clear that Peyton calls the shots and while he was licking Oreo's his teamate Marvin Harrison was getting the axe.I haven't seen Marvin in a Peyton comercial. I guess Peyton doesn't want to share a little limelight with a teamate.He would rather stand out by himself.BTW,there is a board for Indy fans,why do you hang out on a Patriot board?

Peyton just doesn't like his Oreos with bullet holes.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : I could care less how Brady dresses, but I will say this: As I recall, Belichick did not allow individual team members to be introduced at his first super bowl but rather the entire team as a whole.  This was the beginning of the patriots team over individual concept, which is  frequently used here as a major piece of supporting evidence as to why the pats have been so successful.    Further, I have frequently been reminded that Brady only would do commercials with his linemates.  That obviously did not extend to the print media.  Maybe his linemates would rather slaughter the sheep than cuddle it.  Now this recent picture of Brady looking Savile Row while every other teammate is wearing the same sweat suit makes Brady look like anything but a teammate.  He sticks out like a sore thumb.  If the leader of the band is going his own way, it makes you wonder what the future holds.  Is Gisele the patriots Jeanine Pettibone?

Hey UD,are trying to say that this post is supportive of Brady wearing a suit? LMAO. I would love to hear your explanation on this one.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : Hey UD,are trying to say that this post is supportive of Brady wearing a suit? LMAO. I would love to hear your explanation on this one.

Actually, I read that earlier and didn't realize it, but I thought the Pats voted as a team against individual introductions. Not that Belichick made it a rule.

Anyone have the gouge on that?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has Brady become too corporate or elitist? : You aren't stating it as an opinion. You are stating it as a fact. THere is a great and large difference atwixt them.  It also happens to be a misconception that you, cc and bael now share.  And it is pretty possible that two of these folks might just be nuts. Or inexpensive Chinese eggs. 
    Yep.  Poorly chosen phrase.  I have no earthly idea whether or not Brady wants to stand out.  I've tried to keep my comments clearly on the opinion side, but here I failed.  Regardless, mounting current evidence supports my opinion.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : Hey UD,are trying to say that this post is supportive of Brady wearing a suit? LMAO. I would love to hear your explanation on this one.
    My post?  Sure.  He can do whatever he wants.  I am more interested in why Pats fans are giving him such a pass when his actions seem to run counter to one of the very tenets that according to many on this thread made the pats the champions they were.   

pats fans have enjoyed calling out players of other teams who gain individual noteriety seemingly (at least in the pats fan's mind) at the expense of team and team success.  Now it appears that Brady is doing the same, yet, except for a few brave, sage souls the clamour of disdain from pats fans, for some unknown reason, cannot be heard above the sound of crickets.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : My post?  Sure.  He can do whatever he wants.  I am more interested in why Pats fans are giving him such a pass when his actions seem to run counter to one of the very tenets that according to many on this thread made the pats the champions they were.    pats fans have enjoyed calling out players of other teams who gain individual noteriety seemingly (at least in the pats fan's mind) at the expense of team and team success.  Now it appears that Brady is doing the same, yet, except for a few brave, sage souls the clamour of disdain from pats fans, for some unknown reason, cannot be heard above the sound of crickets.  

Wait there just a minute. You asked me to point out where you had a problem with him wearing a suit so I did. Now drop the BS and state for the record that either A. Brady did nothing wrong by wearing a suit or B.  he was wrong for wearing a suit. I would also like you to provide one shred of data to support your statement that Brady's actions are at the expense of the team. This is your opportunity to put your money where your mouth is and provide something tangible to pursuade us that Brady has in fact hurt the Patriots as a team by wearing a suit. It would seem that the only thing Brady has hurt was the image created by some individuals who view the Patriots as a cult rather than a football team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : My post?  Sure.  He can do whatever he wants.  I am more interested in why Pats fans are giving him such a pass when his actions seem to run counter to one of the very tenets that according to many on this thread made the pats the champions they were.    pats fans have enjoyed calling out players of other teams who gain individual noteriety seemingly (at least in the pats fan's mind) at the expense of team and team success.  Now it appears that Brady is doing the same, yet, except for a few brave, sage souls the clamour of disdain from pats fans, for some unknown reason, cannot be heard above the sound of crickets.  

"mounting evidence" "seemingly" "appears Brady is doing the same"

Where? Is this still because he wore a suit and a few clowns who have deep personal issues brought it up? Really?

Kind of a pathetic way to defend Manning, isn't it.

To be honest, if you feel that defensive about the actions of Manning, then perhaps you are the one who has some issue with him acting against the best interests of the Colts.

Now I am certainly no expert in the  leadership style of Peyton Manning. What I do know is that you claim he is being unjustly accused of selfish leadership. Now, is this really the proof you have to offer? A nice suit and conspiracy theories? Please tell me you have something more, UD. Peyton Manning's reputation is at stake. Please tell me you haven't pinned all his hopes on a dry cleaning bill. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WesternOregon. Show WesternOregon's posts

Well after Caraway's post, I guess I will reveal my blasphemy.  Manning is more of a Belichick guy than Brady is.  Brady's style is the anti-belichick.  Brady would be a better fit for the likes of Tom Landry or someone like Rick Pitino (I don't know who that would be in Football).
    Posted by underdogg

What IS your point though?

Are you another "intellectual"...Manning is a Belichick guy? Brady is anti-Belichick? Landry? Pitino? Huh? NFL football is about making money, promoting professional football in local markets and finally...winning games.

There's no problem here.

Move along.