Has Brady become too corporate or elitist?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately?

In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : Yeah, I guess it is just me. I can't imagine how I would think that you wrote you had never seen him or several other Patriots in a suit. I can't imagine why I would think you wrote that or why you would think you didn't. Maybe you killed a gypsy and the lead gypsy caught up with you and said "Mental" while running his finger down your cheek. That surely would explain things. Of course, clarity might also come a bit easier for you if 1. Your keyboard work was less like a ransom note and 2. You were on your meds. 3. You stopped killing gypsies. Yet you resent Brady NOW when he is not getting that treatment. Does that make you less of a human? A leading expert says, "Yes."* *Leading expert is not of any gypsy clan. Any resemblance to any gypsies, living or dead, is not intended and is purely coincidental.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE] i never saw troy in one nor bruschi or moss or belichick and so forth. 

Fair point! Context was about being around the team as collective assembly line egalatarians, not OFF the field as independent "individuals" with their own agendas, branding and imagery. context is destiny!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

Re: Has Brady become too corporate or elitist?

In Response to Re: Has Brady become too corporate or elitist?:
    [QUOTE]Okay -- So now Brady is the second coming of the poster boy for preening prima donnas, because he maintains his GQ image all the time, well aware that, whether he chooses it to be so or not, he is always going to be the media's focus on this team? This thread has been retarded from its inception (which, in and of itself, is not terribly suprising given the nature of most of the fly-by-nights on this forum), and you may well believe me when I tell you that if there were a way that I could put it out of our collective misery, I would have done so on page one. Lacking that, I think it's worth pointing out here that this comparison of Brady with the single most overblown media creation in the history of the NFL has at least catapulted bubbkilla leagues beyond c hoircontrarian in the race for the coveted Ultimate BDC Deuschebag Postie. Keep those cards and letters coming.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]yep, let's ban a thread that has generated so much passion and logic and presented different points of views, pro and con. Perhaps just for you and your types, we should change it to "Isn't Brady's lap like the softest pillow when my head is so far buried down in it?"

the coveted Ultimate BDC Deuschebag Postie?

Do I at least get pie? I like pie!  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? :    Wait there just a minute. You asked me to point out where you had a problem with him wearing a suit so I did.
    You did?  Where?

Now drop the BS and state for the record that either A. Brady did nothing wrong by wearing a suit or B.  he was wrong for wearing a suit. 
    Your need for this validation is shocking, but what's funny is the answer is all over my posts in this thread.  Besides, you making this a quid pro quo and you actually have not fulfilled your end of the bargain yet.

I would also like you to provide one shred of data to support your statement that Brady's actions are at the expense of the team. This is your opportunity to put your money where your mouth is and provide something tangible to pursuade us that Brady has in fact hurt the Patriots as a team by wearing a suit. It would seem that the only thing Brady has hurt was the image created by some individuals who view the Patriots as a cult rather than a football team.
    You actually don't deserve this because you have yet to fulfill your end of the bargain, but again, if you read my posts they will tell you what I think. 

Posted by cowtherabbit-[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : "mounting evidence" "seemingly" "appears Brady is doing the same" Where? Is this still because he wore a suit and a few clowns who have deep personal issues brought it up? Really? Kind of a pathetic way to defend Manning, isn't it. To be honest, if you feel that defensive about the actions of Manning, then perhaps you are the one who has some issue with him acting against the best interests of the Colts. Now I am certainly no expert in the  leadership style of Peyton Manning. What I do know is that you claim he is being unjustly accused of selfish leadership. Now, is this really the proof you have to offer? A nice suit and conspiracy theories? Please tell me you have something more, UD. Peyton Manning's reputation is at stake. Please tell me you haven't pinned all his hopes on a dry cleaning bill. 
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

Damn Root you've missed the point entirely.  This is ultimately has little to do with Brady and everything to do the myopic pat fan who has clung to a ridiculous notion of team as evidenced by a couple of silly rah rah things like 1) naming only the team at the SB or 2) Brady only doing commercials with linemates (which obviously does not extend to print media) or 3) players not speaking their mind because Belichick sticks them in his doghouse if they do. 

The general pat fan thinks these are one of the basic tenets of the pats success over the years and defends this tenet vigorously while trashing players and coaches of other teams who see things differently.  Now Brady has seemingly taken a turn toward making more of an individual name for himself and choosing stand out.  This should be an issue for the general pat fan since it goes against the one of the very basic tenets that the pat fan has defined as a key to the team's success. 

If you don't see it that way, so be it, but don't play dumb by suggesting that it doesn't exist.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : Damn Root you've missed the point entirely.  This is ultimately has little to do with Brady and everything to do the myopic pat fan who has clung to a ridiculous notion of team as evidenced by a couple of silly rah rah things like 1) naming only the team at the SB or 2) Brady only doing commercials with linemates (which obviously does not extend to print media) or 3) players not speaking their mind because Belichick sticks them in his doghouse if they do.  The general pat fan thinks these are one of the basic tenets of the pats success over the years and defends this tenet vigorously while trashing players and coaches of other teams who see things differently.  Now Brady has seemingly taken a turn toward making more of an individual name for himself and choosing stand out.  This should be an issue for the general pat fan since it goes against the one of the very basic tenets that the pat fan has defined as a key to the team's success.  If you don't see it that way, so be it, but don't play dumb by suggesting that it doesn't exist.
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

PS - I did dig the small "A Few Good Men" reference.  One of the greatest scenes in movie history in my opinion. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : Damn Root you've missed the point entirely.  This is ultimately has little to do with Brady and everything to do the myopic pat fan who has clung to a ridiculous notion of team as evidenced by a couple of silly rah rah things like 1) naming only the team at the SB or 2) Brady only doing commercials with linemates (which obviously does not extend to print media) or 3) players not speaking their mind because Belichick sticks them in his doghouse if they do.  The general pat fan thinks these are one of the basic tenets of the pats success over the years and defends this tenet vigorously while trashing players and coaches of other teams who see things differently.  Now Brady has seemingly taken a turn toward making more of an individual name for himself and choosing stand out.  This should be an issue for the general pat fan since it goes against the one of the very basic tenets that the pat fan has defined as a key to the team's success.  If you don't see it that way, so be it, but don't play dumb by suggesting that it doesn't exist.

Thanks for getting the AFGM.

Not playing dumb. I am just saying that wearing a suit on a flight does not make your argument.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : Thanks for getting the AFGM. Not playing dumb. I am just saying that wearing a suit on a flight does not make your argument.
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]
    In and of itself, no, but it is an example.  The brady hat is another.  Yelling at teammates during a game is another.  All occuring within team activities.  Mounting evidence. 

Again, I could care less.  But the general pats fan should not be happy with these displays because they contradict (in the pats fan's mind) TEAM which (in the pats fan's mind) is akin to success. 

Accepting Brady's new found individualism without question would be hypocrisy or...fandom.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Since we are doing this:

I am looking for an HDTV for our bedroom 32-36 inches. 

Any recommendations from the gallery?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : In and of itself, no, but it is an example.  The brady hat is another.  Yelling at teammates during a game is another.  All occuring within team activities.  Mounting evidence.  Again, I could care less.  But the general pats fan should not be happy with these displays because they contradict (in the pats fan's mind) TEAM which (in the pats fan's mind) is akin to success.  Accepting Brady's new found individualism without question would be hypocrisy or...fandom.

Aside from a few isolated incidents of calling out his team mates for dropping balls or running bad routes (Galloway needed it for both while I think he yelled at Aiken for a wrong route.) When else has he raised his voice? When has this been example of individualism? 

Why is wearing one's own clothes to an aftergame interview wrong? I think everyone does it. Some might show up post-shower in a team shirt, but I see many interviews with many football players where they are actually wearing their own clothes. Why is this wrong?

These issues really seem to contradict in your mind what your definition of a Pat's fan should be thinking. And, more to the point, I think your agenda is really not to get to the bottom of this, but it is to finally be able to defend Manning's behavior that has been criticized so often in the past. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Since we are doing this: I am looking for an HDTV for our bedroom 32-36 inches.  Any recommendations from the gallery?

Peyton says go with Sony.

I say go with Sony, too.

A lot of them have a great picture. What it came down to for us was aesthetics. The way the Sony casing was all black with minimal adornment/lights/logos was the clincher. Some have a bit of red here or silver there and we thought if we didn't like how it looked, it might eventually become distracting - like how noticing the Exit sign in the theatre takes away from suspending disbelief for an hour or two.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? :

You are not going to validate your points because I don't deserve it? LMFAO. The truth is that you are not going to validate your statements with facts because you can't. You sir are a coward who is afraid to answer simple and direct questions for fear of being wrong on an anynomous internet board. Your not even a NE fan but yet you have multiple comments for the most trivial events that concern NE. Nearly 3000 posts on another team's board clearly exhibits your strange obsession with all things related to NE. Now either clearly define your views and back them up with evidence or sht the fk up.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

I check in on this thread every occasionally just to see where its going. I see its still going nowhere.

But, I do think you guys should all seriously consider law school, since you all seem to enjoy arguing over minutia so much. No sarcasm intended, I'm serious. Why not get well paid for something you obviously enjoy doing?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : I could care less how Brady dresses, but I will say this: As I recall, Belichick did not allow individual team members to be introduced at his first super bowl but rather the entire team as a whole.  This was the beginning of the patriots team over individual concept, which is  frequently used here as a major piece of supporting evidence as to why the pats have been so successful.    Further, I have frequently been reminded that Brady only would do commercials with his linemates.  That obviously did not extend to the print media.  Maybe his linemates would rather slaughter the sheep than cuddle it.  Now this recent picture of Brady looking Savile Row while every other teammate is wearing the same sweat suit makes Brady look like anything but a teammate.  He sticks out like a sore thumb.  If the leader of the band is going his own way, it makes you wonder what the future holds.  Is Gisele the patriots Jeanine Pettibone?

These are the comments of a man who has a problem with Brady wearing a suit. Are you going to just ignore this post or pretend you did not write it? You asked me to point this out so I did,again. Now it's your turn to back up your statements.  Don't be afraid,it's only a computer. Please post anything to support your statement that Brady's actions are at the expense of the team. Some tangible data that NE has suffered some expense due to him wearing a suit. No more dancing around with words,be a man and back up your statements with facts. Don't try to change your arguement that you have a problem with the fans and not Brady. There is no hint in this post that your original problem was with the fans.
        Is it really that hard for you to admit that you obsessively hate NE and your only purpose for being on your rival's board everyday is to provoke the fans by jumping on the bandwagon of every negative thread? I give Leon more credit than you. At least he doesn't hide his true feelings.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? :    These are the comments of a man who has a problem with Brady wearing a suit. Are you going to just ignore this post or pretend you did not write it? You asked me to point this out so I did,again. Now it's your turn to back up your statements.  Don't be afraid,it's only a computer. Please post anything to support your statement that Brady's actions are at the expense of the team. Some tangible data that NE has suffered some expense due to him wearing a suit. No more dancing around with words,be a man and back up your statements with facts. Don't try to change your arguement that you have a problem with the fans and not Brady. There is no hint in this post that your original problem was with the fans.
    Posted by cowtherabbit-[/QUOTE]With all due respect Cow, most scientific or ultimate "facts" start as anecdotal evidence, circumstantial propensity and the preponderance of of a trend line. As with Bret Favre, there was no way to really point to a tangible fact as to y and how things so rapidly deteriorated. But if anyone was buildg this case against him a year or so before, would have had no beef graspg why the FACTS ended up being tilted that way. call it a paradigm or intuitional shift. how he was being interpreted "suddenly" shifted at least from those in power to trade and replace him. Like OJ searching for the real killa, as soon Dogg or I can independently run into that inevitable "FACT", you will be the first to know!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from choircontrarian. Show choircontrarian's posts

[QUOTE]I check in on this thread every occasionally just to see where its going. I see its still going nowhere. But, I do think you guys should all seriously consider law school, since you all seem to enjoy arguing over minutia so much. No sarcasm intended, I'm serious. Why not get well paid for something you obviously enjoy doing?
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]I intend to go to Law School soon. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? : With all due respect Cow, most scientific or ultimate "facts" start as anecdotal evidence, circumstantial propensity and the preponderance of of a trend line. As with Bret Favre, there was no way to really point to a tangible fact as to y and how things so rapidly deteriorated. But if anyone was buildg this case against him a year or so before, would have had no beef graspg why the FACTS ended up being tilted that way. call it a paradigm or intuitional shift. how he was being interpreted "suddenly" shifted at least from those in power to trade and replace him. Like OJ searching for the real killa, as soon Dogg or I can independently run into that inevitable "FACT", you will be the first to know!
    Posted by bubbakilla[/QUOTE]
     If people are concerned that we may have future problems because they feel Brady is less focused on football due to his private life,then I can respect that. People should be able to point out legitimate incidents that have led them to have such concerns though. Some action that has clearly hurt the team.
      If people don't like Brady because he is a Republican or fashoinable,then that's their problem and it has nothing to do with football.
      If people have a problem with his wife, then I really don't know what to say. A man's wife is his business and should not be included in this conversation.
      The day Brady starts to miss practice to walk the cat-walk or has a sideline blowout with BB ,I'll be the first to condemn him. Until then, the whole foundation of this heated thread has been based on future speculation. If someone has anything beyond this then I'm more than willing to listen but right now I have yet to see any negative effects he has had on the team by any thing he has done.
       In Farve's case he hurt his team in multiple tangible ways. An example is his indecision on retirement. This was his own personal issue that affected how GB drated, practiced, what plays the OC developed or threw out ect. 
       By your rationale, Brady will be guilty someday so let's get an early start on the Brady bashing so we can have an "I told you so" moment. I can't punish someone just because he may do something wrong in the future. For now, he wins his fair share of football games so I have no issue with him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Wow, oh wow, and what will happen if Brady does wear a sweat suit like his teammates?  Will that be dissected, too??!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbakilla. Show bubbakilla's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? :  If people are concerned that we may have future problems because they feel Brady is less focused on football due to his private life,then I can respect that. People should be able to point out legitimate incidents that have led them to have such concerns though. Some action that has clearly hurt the team.   If people don't like Brady because he is a Republican or fashoinable,then that's their problem and it has nothing to do with football.   If people have a problem with his wife, then I really don't know what to say. A man's wife is his business and should not be included in this conversation.   The day Brady starts to miss practice to walk the cat-walk or has a sideline blowout with BB ,I'll be the first to condemn him. Until then, the whole foundation of this heated thread has been based on future speculation. If someone has anything beyond this then I'm more than willing to listen but right now I have yet to see any negative effects he has had on the team by any thing he has done.    In Farve's case he hurt his team in multiple tangible ways. An example is his indecision on retirement. This was his own personal issue that affected how GB drated, practiced, what plays the OC developed or threw out ect.     By your rationale, Brady will be guilty someday so let's get an early start on the Brady bashing so we can have an "I told you so" moment. I can't punish someone just because he may do something wrong in the future. For now, he wins his fair share of football games so I have no issue with him.
    Posted by cowtherabbit-[/QUOTE]very good points. resolution can be a good thing. will agree with the "future speculation" thing. again, once it was future speculation to read things with favre also. those things were part of his declining "intangible leverage" before it became TANGIBLE and obvious. guess my great point is that if brady is allowed to stay on this path, that day will come sooner than later. if not, we could overt it being consistently tangible. we just have to hang on for about 6 more years. enablers and appeasement ignire everything til too late.  i would hope this is the last of it, that we do not see brady continuing the practices of indulgement and he somehow (by design or default" back to the practice of TEAM at all times in all things as he used to be when around the team. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

cowtherabbit.. your post to bubba a few back, excellently put.   Until Brady shows signs he is not passionate about Patriots football and winning games, what happens off the field is nothing but gossip fodder.  Folks trying to see more in something than what is actually there is reaching for something.  Why?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

This just in:

Brady wore Lorenzini boxers with covered waist band and thigh vent / long cut.

Wilfork wore Fruit of the Loom tidy whities.

Belichick went commando.

Kraft -Travel Pro with hidden money belt

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Is Brady too corporate or elitist lately? :  i never saw troy in one nor bruschi or moss or belichick and so forth.   Fair point! Context was about being around the team as collective assembly line egalatarians, not OFF the field as independent "individuals" with their own agendas, branding and imagery. context is destiny!
    Posted by bubbakilla[/QUOTE]

Damn. I just read in the paper that two gypsies were killed today. Authorities have related it to your posting.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has Brady become too corporate or elitist? : I intend to go to Law School soon. 
    Posted by choircontrarian[/QUOTE]

The first and only thought that came to me after reading this is, "Well, someone needs to graduate at the bottom of the class, too."

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

[QUOTE]Since we are doing this: I am looking for an HDTV for our bedroom 32-36 inches.  Any recommendations from the gallery?
    we bought two Sonys and they have been great; actually got rid of a plasma because it was pretty bad

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Has Brady become too corporate or elitist? : I intend to go to Law School soon. 
    Posted by choircontrarian[/QUOTE]
    well with the logic you have exhibited here, you should be able to join the legion of unemployed lawyers when you graduate

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolfer. Show rolfer's posts

You watch the NFL and you ask if a player is too corporate?  These guys are all corporate tools and Brady is near the top of the toolbox.
    So what?