Has Chung been fined yet?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

Has Chung been fined yet?

Just wondering. The NFL has been awfully quiet about his alleged helmet to chin hit.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Has Chung been fined yet?

In Response to Has Chung been fined yet?:
    [QUOTE] Just wondering. The NFL has been awfully quiet about his alleged helmet to chin hit.
    Posted by Evil2009[/QUOTE]
     He hasn't been fined yet but we may not hear until like Thursday from the league. I'm not sure what day they levy fines. I would love to see him not get fined.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I think he will not be fined because it was a clean hit with his helmet in the chest and the head snapping back looking like a helmet to chin deal.

Go Pats!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The NFL didn't fine Suggs for going after Brady's knee, if they fine Chung they have a hidden agenda.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

A guy that young shouldnt be fined, he is still learning the pro game.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZekeMowattreturns. Show ZekeMowattreturns's posts

There was no reason to fine him.  It was a clean head to the chest.  His head jerked because of that and the awful refs were to slow to realize it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Raptor and Zeke are correct.

The tackle was textbook.

It looked a lot worse on televsion than it actually was and I can understand the refs throwing the flag, given the emphasis on building battlements and a moat around some of the quarterbacks in the league, but I would not be surprised in the least if there was no fine.

Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if there was, either, so . . .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

Anyone have vido of the sack? It looked clean to me

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I would have loved to see the side angle where it would be obvious whether or not there was helmet-to-helmet contact, but the announcers were too busy cheering for Miami and talking about how the call was correct because the hit was "violent" to ask the production team to show the proper camera angle.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

I watched Chung's hit a half dozen times. The only way he gets fined is if the rules say he cannot have his helmet in chest of QB. The NFL is now the politically correct league. The fans see it! I'd rather they go to instant reply to check the hit than throw all these flags. Yea it would slow the game down to mud but atleast they'd have a chance to correct the call. Watch Sunday night, Manning will throw the ball forty yards down near the goal line. The pass will be incomplete but a DB will rub his arm against Reggie Wayne and it will be pass interference with the ball on the one yard line! They need to change this as well. It stinks!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patpscyho. Show patpscyho's posts

Chung will not be fined, but Burgess will for his helmet to helmet after the Chung tackle. That is who they threw the flag on.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Ooooo what's the matter little Leon are you upset that the Pats were able to beat the Dolphins when your Jets could not? Its ok you can always try and beat them next year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

In Response to Re: Has Chung been fined yet?:
    [QUOTE]Anyone have vido of the sack? It looked clean to me
    Posted by sirpinochle[/QUOTE]

Link:  Chung hit on Henne

It was clean.  Burgess gets blocked into Henne's helmet on his way down.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Leon you do see the humor in the fact that a few weeks ago you trashed people from NE for wearing team gear and now you are bragging about all the brand new team gear you have in the wake of your BASEBALL team winning their championship. Thats just funny to me how much of a hypocrite you are.

Once again as badly as you want baseball to be football its still not so again let me break it to you your jets still have not won a title in over 40 years so teh Yanks winning holds no bearing on this football forum.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

Mumbbles I hat to break it to yah, this is a football forum, if you wanna talk baseball, goto the other forum to do that....stay on task mumbbles!!!

Do the New jersey jets and giants still adored by all the NY fans still or are they ready to jump ship yet?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Fine came down today at noon.  $7500 for the hit. 

And as for Leon, for what it's worth, he's a Mets' fan.  And in a few weeks he'll be a Giants' fan.  It's just how he rolls.

To his credit, he hasn't copied and pasted anyone else's material in a while now.  This was a problem with Leon over the past couple years; in fact he's been banned for it in the past.

Hard to believe, but he actually has to steal those posts from others.  I mean, if you're going to plagiarize, why not lift material from someone who can actually think?

In any event, Chung was in fact fined today.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

Leon...aka mumbbles gets banned on a daily basis

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

If you go head first into a guy's chest and then your helmut nearly takes the guy's head off, you get penalized and most likely fined. I like the rules that give the QB more protection, cause losing your starting QB---regardless of which team you're rooting for---pretty much ends your tean's season.