Has it really come to this?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Has it really come to this?

I think I might do the most unlikely thing ever and cheer for the Jets this weekend.  I'd love to see Polian eat his decision by losing to the Jets after allowing them to qualify for the playoffs by tanking the 4th quarter against them.

I'd also like the Patriots to have a chance to host the AFC Championship Game if they can do their part, but sticking it to Polian would be satisfying in its own right.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Re: Has it really come to this?

Sounds like good thinking to me. I'd rather see polian hit by a bus (I mean actually see it, live) but I'd settle for seeing him take a big time hosing with a twist of irony and an AFC championship game in Foxboro.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

For some reason, I think Cincy and Indy are going to regret letting the jests walk right into the playoffs.  I see the jests beating Cincy and then going to Indy and possibly knocking them off.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Wow - wanting people to lose because they earned their right to rest players, wishing physical harm.  You probably don't want to know about those healthy scratches by the pats. 

Hopefully the players you root for aren't thinking the same way, because while very beatable, the Ravens are your next opponent.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Jets lose on a 4qt Payton interferance call on Revis.

Will ESPN admit that the NFL has been helping the Colts if the Jets lose on a bogus call?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

It would be a wonderful comeuppance if the Jets did beat the Colts.  Talk about being too smart for your own good.  I think they'll get the chance too, since I don't see how Cincy will win this weekend.  Boy, did the Bengals look terrible!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

Root for the Jerks? Bite your tongue.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

Sam - as I understand it from another poster yesterday, those guys were healthy scratches.  That means they were rested.  Sorry that I did not respond, I am a popular guy on this board over the past couple of weeks and its hard for me to keep up with my fans. 

I don't like the colts decision regardless of whether or not they win the superbowl.  I understand it.  They've done it before.  But I don't agree that a superbowl win is the only acceptable alternative.  Here's why.  First there is the momentum thing.  If the colts win their first playoff game, then the momentum question has been answered.  Second, the injury question - no one knows what kind of injuries might be sustained in that first playoff game which could fully affect any future games should they win.  I am sure pats fans think their chances are at least slightly diminished with the loss of Welker.  The same would go for any other team. 

So, the resting of players for reasons of health is only important in getting to that first game as healthy as possible and then letting the chips fall as they may, and if the colts manage to win that first game then the momentum question is also off the table. 

Finally, and this is for both you and Luv - Earlier in the decade, the colts played Denver the last game of the year.  They had nothing to play for, rested their starters and showed nothing.  By winning, Denver got into the playoffs and their opponent was - the Colts.  The colts dominated Denver in that playoff game.  The point is don't be so quick to assume the team that wins that final game of the season will comeback and win in a rematch in the playoffs. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Hey, I called Jets/Patriots AFC title game!!

Revis = shutdown Reggie Wayne.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Inasmuch as it is physically unpossible for me (or any right-thinking person, comes to that) to root for Green New Jersey -- even if I could, I wouldn't. Not that I give much of a damn about the Cincy Bungles . . .  another team, just incidentally, that doesn't belong in the playoffs. The point here is that a Pats fan would not want some other team to bounce the Colts -- even though in this particular case, the sublime irony might be irresistible, even for me. But what Pats fans want -- and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong -- is for the Colts to be waiting there right where we want them when the Pats show up to take their conference championship back.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RavenTerp. Show RavenTerp's posts

I the Jets beat Cincy they will face San Diego.

If they win that the Colts will be unavailable.

Sections
Shortcuts