HAS LONIE PAXTON LET HIS TEAMMATES DOWN?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

HAS LONIE PAXTON LET HIS TEAMMATES DOWN?

"The Broncos signed long-time long snapper David Binn on Friday, with regular long snapper (and former Patriot) Lonie Paxton dealing with a family matter. According to Werder, Paxton's wife is five months pregnant and the couple is facing a potentially life-threatening situation. "

again, the CONTRARIAN's goal is to provoke thought and real honesty here. as a human being, i find it admirable that he would prioritize his wife and show his humanity, emotional growth and maturity and female sensitivity in this way. but... if i were in that locker room i would be absolutely ticked or if i were a broncos fan or the one writing him those biggg checks. i like lonie, snow angel is right up there as an iconic highlight. i hope it all works out for the best,, but....

ok, kool-aiders, u find out that brady aint playing and is bailing today because there is a complication with gissy's pregnancy, how many of you are talking about his great humanitarian and familial gesture? this game could very well come down to a field goal or key snap with the punter in the end zone at a key moment. u want a guy not good enough to be on anyone's roster, just coming off the street to be snapping the ball in that situation? u want to have vince wilfork breathing down his throat as bb comes up with some merciless stunt-scheme to reach the kicker/punter at a crucial point? this is big boy football at big boy time.

how often have u heard other athletes in that situation come up with the my dad or mom would have wanted me to play, or she insisted that i play rationalization? do the paxtons not have in-laws or access to private nurses? this is incredibly selfish on whoever is pressuring pax in this way. we all know what will eternally happen to his reputation and career if his successor botches this game for denver. how can any team ever trust him again? anyone here think bb will be cool with this if our long snap guy pulled this right now when its all-in time and gladiator all-for-your-teammates at all cost time?

lonie should be playing in this game, heavy heart and all. what kind of warrior quits on his team at this time like this? sorry fellas i cant fight with you for the promised land because my wifey is in some trauma. is this not a classic case of the pansying of this once-great culture, country and civilization? the owner who i'm sure would not mind, should have his or a private jet at the ready to get pax right back with his family at the immediate conclusion of the game and have him out of practice until walk-throughs on game-day if by some miracle they actually beat our PATS! think of the karmic inspirational force he would have added to tebow's stuff if he were to bring all this into that locker room and have tebow use it in a prayer with his team before the game.. OMG!

as a pats fan, i'm glad he made the "right" decision. if i were a broncs fan, i would be lividddd! wonder if he got some advice from his old ball coach on this, wonder if bb reached him somehow? lonie would never wear a pats jersey ever again if he pulled this in foxboro. ask mr. ty warren how it worked out when he appeared to put his degree before the team's goals or when the 2 appeared to clash that way.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: HAS LONIE PAXTON LET HIS TEAMMATES DOWN?

I suspect you are the only one with this opinion and I'm am sure that if Brady missed a game for the same reasons he would have overwhelming support from the NE and national fan base as well as his teammates. Football or for that matter any job is just a job. Believe me, I have enough worthless awards to last a lifetime and I would trade them in for the time lost with my family. Paxton Has his priorities correctly adjusted.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: HAS LONIE PAXTON LET HIS TEAMMATES DOWN?:
    [QUOTE]I suspect you are the only one with this opinion and I'm am sure that if Brady missed a game for the same reasons he would have overwhelming support from the NE and national fan base as well as his teammates. Football or for that matter any job is just a job. Believe me, I have enough worthless awards to last a lifetime and I would trade them in for the time lost with my family. Paxton Has his priorities correctly adjusted.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]shen, i think i'm just the only one HONEST enough to bring strong vodka to and state the reality of the situation. u dont think soldiers and warriors all over the world have to deal with situations like this every day? and what do they get out of it? part of the reason pax gets the glory and the fat paycheck is to plan for such events without hurting the end goals of his teammmates. if this were a pre-season or early regular season game, no beef. but not right now. no way! you think kobe bryant does this? paul pierce, davbid ortiz, any hockey player or even tommy brady or coach belichick himself or a bill parcells?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to "Re: HAS LONIE PAXTON LET HIS TEAMMATES DOWN?": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: HAS LONIE PAXTON LET HIS TEAMMATES DOWN? : shen, i think i'm just the only one HONEST enough to bring strong vodka to and state the reality of the situation. u dont think soldiers and warriors all over the world have to deal with situations like this every day? and what do they get out of it? part of the reason pax gets the glory and the fat paycheck is to plan for such events without hurting the end goals of his teammmates. if this were a pre-season or early regular season game, no beef. but not right now. no way! you think kobe bryant does this? paul pierce, davbid ortiz, any hockey player or even tommy brady or coach belichick himself or a bill parcells? Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE] Yes I think those people would. They are saying his wife could die from pregnancy complications. Would they miss the birth for a playoff game? I'm sure many would, and I really don't care if that's what they choose. But if you think they should intentionally play when they are aware that their wife Is dying, no. The only people who would are sociopaths. The only people who would be angry are sociopaths. I've seen people leave combat for family emergencies, I've seen people risk eight lives to save one. That is human nature. I'm telling you people are not wired the way you describe, it is not a matter of being honest or suppressing a deeper selfish feeling. The vast majority of people will have no malice toward someone leaving because they genuinely value life and want to help.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Football is just a game, and the NFL is not that important.  Good husband, good father = taking care of the home team.  I'm not offended by the question, it's kind of what you do and that's fine.  But this is a no-brainer CC.  

what would be interesting and what would impress me more about Tebow is if after the game, win or loose, Tebow doesn't take about his relationship with god but instead mentions his teammate and his teammate's wife in that breath.    

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Wife and family safety> football.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelvana33. Show kelvana33's posts

Communist = wierd

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]  Football is just a game, and the NFL is not that important.  Good husband, good father = taking care of the home team.  I'm not offended by the question, it's kind of what you do and that's fine.  But this is a no-brainer CC.    what would be interesting and what would impress me more about Tebow is if after the game, win or loose, Tebow doesn't take about his relationship with god but instead mentions his teammate and his teammate's wife in that breath.    
    Posted by passfirst[/QUOTE]glad ur not offended.my goa is seldom if ever to be offensive as it is to force people esp the kool-aiders to challenge the orthodoxy just a wee bit. i am weird in that in college i was a finance and marketing double major but minored in philosohy. to me, grasping the WHY is more important than the usually obvious what is. in this specific case, i must admit to not being surprised that most are not going with my hypothesis but i am very surprised that absolutely noone is even touching my posiiton. even my sandusky points got more support. its not a question of right or wrong as with most things just about the direction and context we as individuals choose to lead our lives. it is very interesting, perhaps i'll lean more in your direction depending on how the game goes and what some of u say afterwards.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HAS LONIE PAXTON LET HIS TEAMMATES DOWN? : shen, i think i'm just the only one HONEST enough to bring strong vodka to and state the reality of the situation. Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Idiotic.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ksilvia723. Show ksilvia723's posts

You're a jerk

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]You're a jerk
    Posted by ksilvia723[/QUOTE]
    for overtly asking incovenient un-pc questions his teammates and others are asking and will be after this game is over (unless his wife literally dies during the game) when broncs LOSE? weak sauce to ur left sir!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

It's obvious you don't have any children or a wife because you wouldn't be asking this question in the first place if you did.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryBallz. Show HarryBallz's posts

troll thread

The men in that locker room will tell him to take care of business and they have his and his family's back on this....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]It's obvious you don't have any children or a wife because you wouldn't be asking this question in the first place if you did.
    Posted by patsfaninpa420[/QUOTE]and u do with that irresponsible avatar? i own a business with employees. i make it clear to them all that they either are here or not here. they either are getting it done or not getting it done. if someone pulled this on me as pax did at a key point, no way i'll fire hhim but u can bet he will never be trusted in the same way or ever re-elevated again. just giving u a real world perspective! if u think romney would have seen it differently, good luck with that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

My avatar has nothing to do with this conversation., stop trolling. Here's a real world perspective for you, if you truly are the person in real life that you are on these boards the only people that are going to be at your funeral are one that feel obligated to be there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]My avatar has nothing to do with this conversation., stop trolling. Here's a real world perspective for you, if you truly are the person in real life that you are on these boards the only people that are going to be at your funeral are one that feel obligated to be there.
    Posted by patsfaninpa420[/QUOTE]when i'm dead w t f do i care?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

When I first read your posts, I felt sad for your parents. Then, after a few moments, I feel sad for humanity. 

Is there any way we can ask for a do-over with you?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

CC this is one time I'm totally against you.
    Anyone who would pick a game over the potential of a life threantening iss ue over their wife or unborn baby is a fool.
    I believe any Pro or person would give up every thing for the health and well being of their family.

If they did not I would consider them a failure as a husband, father and human being. Wife and son/daughter are forever a game is no BFD.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]When I first read your posts, I felt sad for your parents. Then, after a few moments, I feel sad for humanity.  Is there any way we can ask for a do-over with you?
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]perhaps pax knew something from being in new england what a beatdown was in store. ok for all u critics, whats your negatives for the OC for green bay not prioritizing his wifey and family after tragically losing and burying his son in  week.. perhaps he should channel his inner enochroot or inner pax and stay in the heated shelter of his home while his mates go out there in the frozen tundra to defend their championship. real men balance the 2. for 5 hours tomorrow its about GREEN BAY as it should have been all about the broncs in foxboro today for pax... sorry!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: HAS LONIE PAXTON LET HIS TEAMMATES DOWN? : perhaps pax knew something from being in new england what a beatdown was in store. ok for all u critics, whats your negatives for the OC for green bay not prioritizing his wifey and family after tragically losing and burying his son in  week.. perhaps he should channel his inner enochroot or inner pax and stay in the heated shelter of his home while his mates go out there in the frozen tundra to defend their championship. real men balance the 2. for 5 hours tomorrow its about GREEN BAY as it should have been all about the broncs in foxboro today for pax... sorry!
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Your parents are crying.