Has Randy Moss Lost A Step?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Has Randy Moss Lost A Step?

Watching the last 2 games, I never really saw Brady going back to throw that 50 yard bomb to Moss.  I'm getting kind of nervous that Moss has lost a step, he's now in his 30's, which for a wide receiver, it begins to happen.  Watching that one pass when Moss seemed to be jogging down the sidelines instead of going full out, it made me question if he's speed is going just a bit.  

I still think Moss can dominate a game like he did in Buffalo running underneath routes and getting first downs.  But for the Patriots to be a champion, Moss needs to make that homerun ball happen. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: Has Randy Moss Lost A Step?

In Response to Has Randy Moss Lost A Step?:
    [QUOTE]Watching the last 2 games, I never really saw Brady going back to throw that 50 yard bomb to Moss.  I'm getting kind of nervous that Moss has lost a step, he's now in his 30's, which for a wide receiver, it begins to happen.  Watching that one pass when Moss seemed to be jogging down the sidelines instead of going full out, it made me question if he's speed is going just a bit.   I still think Moss can dominate a game like he did in Buffalo running underneath routes and getting first downs.  But for the Patriots to be a champion, Moss needs to make that homerun ball happen. 
    Posted by DuncanOrange[/QUOTE]
    Last week Moss was going against one of the top CBs in the league. That didn't help much. Also, Brady is still getting everything going. He's not up to game speed and his deep ball has been off when he has thrown it. Just give it a little time. I think they are working Brady back up to game speed slowly. The Jets were also blitzing like crazy and Brady didn't have much time to setup for a deep pass. He was hit after getting the hand off. I think Moss is fine, and the two will get it going soon. Like you said, he was good in the bills game. Remember the play where he turned on a dime and ran for another 30 or so yards?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Well he hardly had time to go too far downfield against the Jets.  Brady had too much pressure.  Additionally, he had Revis covering him.  Revis is one of the top CB's in the league.  Furthermore, even in 2007 teams were able to contain Moss when they had a stellar CB.  I seem to remember Cromartie doing a good job on him in man to man coverage when we played the Chargers in the playoffs.  Moss is very good, but the elite CB's can keep him from having breakout games.  I don't think he's gotten any slower or any faster than he was when he arrived with us.  Saying he might not be as fast as when he was a young whippersnapper coming out of college is probably a given.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

He's the same speed he has been since he's been with us. Of course he's not as fast as he was when he was the best receiver in the league bar none.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Is there anything else we can question today? Is Brady washed up? Has Moss lost a step? Should we replace belichick? Is the O line the worst in the league? Is teh sky falling? Is my *penis average or just small? seriously guys? get a grip.

Sections
Shortcuts