Has Ryan lost the locker room?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimmytantric. Show jimmytantric's posts

Has Ryan lost the locker room?

Haven't heard a peep out of bigmouth down south? His defense was pissed at him after he also blamed them for loss along with the offense. I'm feeling lard-ss may be losing his team-that rah rah coaching might work in college but not the pros. I truly believe Mr Ryan has to conclude he is not cut out for head coaching in the NFL-stick with the assistant stuff and leave the head coaching to capable Men like BB!!  How sweet to see the Jets team implode-can't wait for their beatdown in Pittsburgh!  GO PATS

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: Has Ryan lost the locker room?

In Response to Has Ryan lost the locker room?:
    [QUOTE]Haven't heard a peep out of bigmouth down south? His defense was pissed at him after he also blamed them for loss along with the offense. I'm feeling lard-ss may be losing his team-that rah rah coaching might work in college but not the pros. I truly believe Mr Ryan has to conclude he is not cut out for head coaching in the NFL-stick with the assistant stuff and leave the head coaching to capable Men like BB!!  How sweet to see the Jets team implode-can't wait for their beatdown in Pittsburgh!  GO PATS
    Posted by jimmytantric[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be happy if I was on a defense that held a team to 135 yards, 6 first downs, and was blamed for the loss.

Eventually he has to call the OFFENSE out and say they need to man up.  I know this would hurt Sanchez's confidence, but he needs a kick in the sack, assuming he has one.

Maybe call out LT for his poor yards per carry or challenge the offensive line to step up to take pressure off of Sanchez and open up holes for LT...

Coaches similar to Rex Ryan can succeed in the league, but their situations are highly combustible.  There's a greater margin for error with that style.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

Cant wait till after they play the Steelers and Chicago,

THEN, I would like to know how the locker reacts......

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Lost the locker room?

I think there is some question as to whether or not he ever had it in the first place.

When I hear people talk about a "players" coach, the first thing I think of is a lack of discipline. I don't think setting the example of a barking dog serves any useful purpose. The Jests may say all the right things about being comfortable with a "target" on their backs, but it's easy enough to see the cracks in their bulwark widening as crunch time approaches and they begin to face equally talented teams with far more mettle.

Emotional motivation can be a useful short-term tool, but the NFL season is a long, grinding slog . . .  and if you look around the league, you will see certain teams rounding into playoff form and certain other teams holding on for dear life. There's a reason for that. Does it surprise anyone at all that the loud talkers like Baltimore and Green New Jersey appear to going in the wrong direction at the wrong time, while relatively low key teams you don't seem to hear much about (like that other team in New Jersey) are simply taking care of their business and rounding into playoff form?

It shouldn't.

I'll freely admit that guys like Rex Ryan are good for the league from an entertainment perspective, but I believe Jests fan will quickly tire of his bombastic style when it turns out that their heroes haven't changed at all, they've just been masking their typical ineptitude with a lot of loud noise.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

Ryan has turned the Jets into one big Dog and Pony show from the get go. They have now lost 2 in a row and have to play one of the tougher defenses in the NFL.
    My guess is that the Circus act will end right here and he will start getting serious. If not this could turn into a repeat performance of the 1986 Jets where they tanked the last 5 games of the season after starting out 10-1. What a joy that would be.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rick8795. Show Rick8795's posts

I hate rhetorical questions...just post something about him being over weight it's much more fun. I'm also surprised no one ever talks about his capped teeth....no one can have teeth like that after eating all those sweets...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

If he hasn't lost the locker room after throwing so many players under a series of buses he should have!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohyes. Show ohyes's posts

The only target on their back was put there by them. An for what TALK!  C'MON MAN! The target was a delusion. I would say the Pats week 13 were the only team that really targeted them. It was a must win for us to get the AFC EAST TITLE. Who else? The bungles for the playoff loss maybe. It didn't show. Browns or Ravens for the rex connections? I guess. One beat them other came really close. Buf or Mia? I don't think the 2nd game Mia really thought they could knock them off till they saw the Pats beat them down. They saw how we took their heart. Mia knew how they would be feeling after that. It would be like they felt after we killed Mia week 4. The jests were ripe for the picking.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

All I know is that he lost Danny Woodhead, and that's good enough for me!

Hey, here's a thought. (And if someone has already mentioned this on the boards, I missed it, so pardon the replication.) The Jets cut Woodhead, and the Pats picked him up on waivers. The Pats cut Crable, and the Jets picked him up on waivers.

So, essentially, we have a Crable for Woodhead trade...I'll take that one any day!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: Has Ryan lost the locker room?:
    [QUOTE]Lost the locker room? I think there is some question as to whether or not he ever had it in the first place. When I hear people talk about a "players" coach, the first thing I think of is a lack of discipline. I don't think setting the example of a barking dog serves any useful purpose. The Jests may say all the right things about being comfortable with a "target" on their backs, but it's easy enough to see the cracks in their bulwark widening as crunch time approaches and they begin to face equally talented teams with far more mettle. Emotional motivation can be a useful short-term tool, but the NFL season is a long, grinding slog . . .  and if you look around the league, you will see certain teams rounding into playoff form and certain other teams holding on for dear life. There's a reason for that. Does it surprise anyone at all that the loud talkers like Baltimore and Green New Jersey appear to going in the wrong direction at the wrong time, while relatively low key teams you don't seem to hear much about (like that other team in New Jersey) are simply taking care of their business and rounding into playoff form? It shouldn't. I'll freely admit that guys like Rex Ryan are good for the league from an entertainment perspective, but I believe Jests fan will quickly tire of his bombastic style when it turns out that their heroes haven't changed at all, they've just been masking their typical ineptitude with a lot of loud noise.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

^
    What he said.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Great post by P-Mike.

Rather than just bagging on Ryan's fat mouth and fatter waistline, you need to look at why he talks so much.

Part of it is because he is a genuine horses-petut ... the other half is that he wants to feed the beast that is Ray Lewis-style prison rules football. 

Part of that practically requires two things: prophetic chest-beating and bizarre slave-morality among the players where they continually think of themselves as underrated and victimized (see Sugg's comments, etc).

In short, Ryan was trying to maximize his talent through motivation. And as PM says, that really only lasts so long. 

A well disciplined and motivated team will take care of the undisciplined and hyper-motivated every time. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Rex must have gone to the Shanahan school of player management. Sanchez might have become a not great but serviceable NFL QB but under Rex's management he'll probably wind up under psychiatric care.