Has the Patriot future ever looked so bright?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Has the Patriot future ever looked so bright?

When looking at the Pats and how incredibly stacked they are with young up and coming talent, and then looking at the fact that we own the draft next year with 6 picks in the first 3 rounds, I must admit I get absolutely giddy.

We all know BB and if there is a betting line on whether or not he will use all those picks, put your house and car notes against it.  But still, considering the last 2 drafts and the available talent next year this team is going to be a machine for many years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: Has the Patriot future ever looked so bright?

Well . . .

It's not the drafting of big Ken Sims out of UT . . .

but it's pretty close.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

You're only as good as your quarterback.  Brady is 33

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: Has the Patriot future ever looked so bright?:
    Posted by sfpat

bardy wasn't playing defense the last four games

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Yeah, when Parcells arrived and then again when BB got here. This is nothing compared to those two points in time!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

the start of the 08 season looked bright until....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from heisthejuan. Show heisthejuan's posts

Yes, they are seemingly among the top teams in the league despite breaking in a lot of youth in all three phases this season. I like how they have been decisively closing out games recently (minus San Diego) and the young guys are buying into the Patriot Way. They are not perfect and it's possible we'll see some hiccups in the second half of the season, but it looks like they will have a say at the end of the season.

If the next draft class can net out in between the good 2009 & potentially great 2010 drafts, combined with another 3 seasons of Brady still at a high level, the Pats will be fearsome.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Um, the patriots future looked pretty bright in 07.  So bright that I wore my sunglasses all season while I watched them break records.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreLurker. Show SShoreLurker's posts

Yeah, when Parcells arrived and then again when BB got here. This is nothing compared to those two points in time!
    Posted by rtuinila

Agreed! 1993-1996 drafts  lead to the core of the 3 Championships in 2001-2004 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I agree that these are indeed optimistic times for the Pats and their fans.  No question that the team has the potential to become exceptional.  That said there have been a couple of other times when I really felt quite good about the team's future:

*Parcells hiring
    *Kraft buying the team (primarily because we then knew the team wouldn't be moved)
    *BB's hiring

Off the top of my head those are the other times.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_483130. Show user_483130's posts

When Bill B was hired was NOT an optimistic time - I remember local sports talk radio berating the choice because the Cleveland press had bad things to say about him and his record as a headcoach was not stellar.

Kraft had good judgement and Bill B proved them wrong - rest is history.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Posted by sfpat

And?

I see a Brady in GREAT shape. The age is irrelevant for the most part if you don't look 33.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

When Bill B was hired was NOT an optimistic time - I remember local sports talk radio berating the choice because the Cleveland press had bad things to say about him and his record as a headcoach was not stellar. Kraft had good judgement and Bill B proved them wrong - rest is history.
    Posted by OldDomPats

It certainly was an optimiistic time for me.  Pete Carroll was a disaster and I had always thought highly of BB, regardless of the Cleveland fiasco.  I do agree that local sportstalk was highly critical of the choice. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Phoenix125. Show Phoenix125's posts

In 1996 I was lucky to receive tickets to the Olympics in Atlanta.  While in Atlanta, I shared a bus ride with these men from Cleveland.  Bill Parcells had just left the Patriots and there were rumors the Patriots would hire Bill Belichick.  (The Patriots actually hired Pete Carroll.)  When I mentioned Bill Belichick to the men from Cleveland, they almost fell to the floor laughing.
    I asked why, and they told me how horrible Belichick was as a head coach and interview.
    To the men from Cleveland, New England has the last laugh!  And I actually enjoy how Belichick holds off the media.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from petefza. Show petefza's posts

Posted by sfpat

True, but look what happened when Brady was hurt 2 years ago and Cassell stepped in...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from norichcrybabies. Show norichcrybabies's posts

I agree that these are indeed optimistic times for the Pats and their fans.  No question that the team has the potential to become exceptional.  That said there have been a couple of other times when I really felt quite good about the team's future: *Parcells hiring *Kraft buying the team (primarily because we then knew the team wouldn't be moved) *BB's hiring Off the top of my head those are the other times.
    Posted by ATJ

I still remember where I was when I heard BB was hired.  I literally was dancing around my chair at work!

Sections
Shortcuts