hate to say i told you so...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

hate to say i told you so...

well, not really. i love it.

i have been a fan of BJGE since his first start in 2008 and it has been great to see him run the way he has these past two weeks. with woodhead in the mix i really like this duo of undrafted backs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: hate to say i told you so...

You know, I don't really care how many yards Law Firm gets. It's just refreshing to see somebody who runs north and south and keeps moving forward.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

agreed mike... i dont care one bit about a 1000 yard season or a 100 yard game. i care about picking up 1st downs and yards-per-carry (one of the few stats that i believe means something) and not coughing up the rock. and he has delivered in all three aspects

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In Response to Re: hate to say i told you so...:
    [QUOTE]You know, I don't really care how many yards Law Firm gets. It's just refreshing to see somebody who runs north and south and keeps moving forward.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Was thinking the same thing last night P-Mike.  BJGE just hits the hole without hesitation.  He'll get two on one play and six the next, which is still a 4 YPC average.  Unlike Maroney, every run isn't supposed to be a home run.  BJGE just gets the yards and moves the chains.  I really hope he has what it takes to be the guy who totes the ball 250 times this year. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Law Firm is the anti-Maroney

he runs forward even if it's into the back of his own blocker.  It's kinda funny to watch, actually.  He looks like a poor man's Steven Jackson.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Yeah, The Firm looks good. 

Over all the run blocking seems to have improved over last year, too.  Seems like the line is run blocking better w/o Mankins and Kazcur.  It's also nice to have Crumpler throwing some nice blocks.  Even Morris threw the block to free Tate on the return.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

[QUOTE]You know, I don't really care how many yards Law Firm gets. It's just refreshing to see somebody who runs north and south and keeps moving forward.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

I agree.  It's exciting to see a running back actually do his job and give 100% for a change.  Law Firm and Woodhead actually accelerated as they got closer to the line of scrimmage, what is up with that?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

I loved BJGEs cutbacks when he was being pursued towards the sideline.  I dont even want to think back to how many times I watched Maroney just run out of bounds with no gain on those same plays.  BJGE finds some daylight and gets those 3 or 4 yards that make our 3rd down conversion a much higher percentage play.  Woodhead looks phenominal in that number 39, runs like a beast.  I dont think anybody has told him how small he is and I dont think he would care even if you did. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DripFace. Show DripFace's posts

Well, I'll say it then:

I told you so. 

I warned of the offense needing to play more like the 2001-2005 offense with using two offenses now with more methodical drives, the STs being one of the best in the league, the TEs adding a new dynamic not seen since forever, BB channeling, Ninkovich mirroring Mike Vrabel, Belichick using the young kids on D as an us against the world group, Chung being an absolute fleece job after the genius move by BB to tag Cassel, BB's 2009 and 2010 drafts being absolute gems, etc, etc, etc.

Shall I keep going?

Ok.

How about the zone defense improving by Week 4?  Funny how I specified the St. Louis preseason game as a different D scheme comparing it to Week 1 and Week 2 in man coverage and explained why their zone coverage wasn't good against St. Louis and why it didn't mean you had to panic or the secondary wasn't any good.

No one wanted to hear it.  In fact, way too many people decided I should be banned.

Why is that?

With all the trolls here, no one wanted logic from a Pats fan.  God forbid, real football talk happens here.

Just how good is Bill Polian and his drafts?

Can NE win off the BYE against Balt, "steal" a game in SD and beat Minnesota at home?

Can teams defend an offense that can switch back and forth between two completely different offenses with lethal personnel?

In fact, I was attacked here by irrational fans who were insecure with me challenging their own misguided assessments.   Instead of saying "hey, good point", they got defensive and reported me for no reason. 

Now, how do you look? 

Since when does  BB defense look playoff ready in preseason or in September?

Anyone want to discuss what zone coverage is and what man coverage is?

Yesterday, on WEEI, Troy Brown and DeOssie were making some great points, explaining the differences, and low and behold, BB's own films of his preseason work, and in blowout games against Bufffalo and Cincy has paid dividends sooner than trolls and irrationals could ever expect.

Bill Belichick is by far and away the best coach in the NFL.  FACT.

What a day.  Al Breer leaves the Globe with is tail between his legs, exposed as an absolute fraud in football analysis.  It's pathetic he was promoted to the NFL Network. Absolutely pathetic.

He must have connections in the industry, because his anti-BB agenda has been exposed.

Now, do we deal Mankins for a low 2nd/high 3rd?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Is that Russ?

[QUOTE]Well, I'll say it then: I told you so.  I warned of the offense needing to play more like the 2001-2005 offense with using two offenses now with more methodical drives, the STs being one of the best in the league, the TEs adding a new dynamic not seen since forever, BB channeling, Ninkovich mirroring Mike Vrabel, Belichick using the young kids on D as an us against the world group, Chung being an absolute fleece job after the genius move by BB to tag Cassel, BB's 2009 and 2010 drafts being absolute gems, etc, etc, etc. Shall I keep going? Ok. How about the zone defense improving by Week 4?  Funny how I specified the St. Louis preseason game as a different D scheme comparing it to Week 1 and Week 2 in man coverage and explained why their zone coverage wasn't good against St. Louis and why it didn't mean you had to panic or the secondary wasn't any good. No one wanted to hear it.  In fact, way too many people decided I should be banned. Why is that? With all the trolls here, no one wanted logic from a Pats fan.  God forbid, real football talk happens here. Just how good is Bill Polian and his drafts? Can NE win off the BYE against Balt, "steal" a game in SD and beat Minnesota at home? Can teams defend an offense that can switch back and forth between two completely different offenses with lethal personnel? In fact, I was attacked here by irrational fans who were insecure with me challenging their own misguided assessments.   Instead of saying "hey, good point", they got defensive and reported me for no reason.  Now, how do you look?  Since when does  BB defense look playoff ready in preseason or in September? Anyone want to discuss what zone coverage is and what man coverage is? Yesterday, on WEEI, Troy Brown and DeOssie were making some great points, explaining the differences, and low and behold, BB's own films of his preseason work, and in blowout games against Bufffalo and Cincy has paid dividends sooner than trolls and irrationals could ever expect. Bill Belichick is by far and away the best coach in the NFL.  FACT. What a day.  Al Breer leaves the Globe with is tail between his legs, exposed as an absolute fraud in football analysis.  It's pathetic he was promoted to the NFL Network. Absolutely pathetic. He must have connections in the industry, because his anti-BB agenda has been exposed. Now, do we deal Mankins for a low 2nd/high 3rd?
    Posted by DripFace[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I was one of the people who never was a huge fan of BJGE, and I'll gladly eat some crow. He looked great last night, and I loved how he made the most of his runs. Even if Taylor gets back I like the look of the team when he starts (even going back to 2008). He's not AP, but he's a winner. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from timithye. Show timithye's posts

I luv the run game right now, great change of pace to the pass first offense with no run game.  The miami D is pretty stout against the run and NE pretty much ran at will last night, not quite like @ buffalo, but when they wanted to run, they did and were successful.  The run game might not be sexy, but after 4 qtrs of punishment, the D has got to be tired of getting hit.  Only good things can come as a result of having a decent run game.  Hope they can keep it up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Law firm did indeed look great last night and has been running very well this year in general.  If he can keep this pace and establish himself as being the starting back we can use those 2 first round picks next year elsewhere.  If not, well he'll be a great change of pace backup for Mark Ingram.  :) 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Who is the regular on this board that always gets on us for supporting guys like BJGE?  He did the same thing for Edelman.  I think many of us were accused of licking Edelman's gonads when we liked what we saw in him too.  

I can't recall who, but man up and admit you were wrong.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

[QUOTE]Is that Russ? In Response to Re: hate to say i told you so... :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000[/QUOTE]..of course it is. Can't you tell by the condescending, pompous attitude? I love how Rusty Trombone took my name as a precursor to his new identity. Seems he just can't get enough, right Mr Trombone?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

I was 20 rows up at the 15 yard line at the game. BGE's run was right in front of me. I have not seen a TD run like that on the Pats since Dillon. What a power run! That drive was crucial. OLD PATS FOOTBALL. Not this throw it 50x a game crap. I was screaming at the top of my lungs..."RUN THE BALL!!!!"...and hey, we did. TD.

BGE runs great. Exactly what we need. A much better version of Antwain Smith.

Please BB give him the ball and we win 2 more games than we would have this year. Just my opinion.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Technically, everyone wanted him to start a while back. We all knew he had something in him when he had that 100 yard game in 2008. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Speaking of Edelman, I wonder if he's on the outside looking in this year. It seems like the top 3 WR's are pretty well set, and there's less of a need for a WR4 with two good pass catching TE's. I hope Edelman doesn't get down because he has a ton of upside. 

[QUOTE]Who is the regular on this board that always gets on us for supporting guys like BJGE?  He did the same thing for Edelman.  I think many of us were accused of licking Edelman's gonads when we liked what we saw in him too.   I can't recall who, but man up and admit you were wrong.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DripFace. Show DripFace's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: hate to say i told you so... : ..of course it is. Can't you tell by the condescending, pompous attitude? I love how Rusty Trombone took my name as a precursor to his new identity. Seems he just can't get enough, right Mr Trombone?
    Posted by RipFace[/QUOTE]

Wouldn;t the original condescending tone of terson who started this thread actually be more condescending since they said they like saying "I told you so"?

What you call "condescending" is really code for your own insecurities.

You don't like being shown up by more intelligent people who get it. 

That's a  fact.

I suggest you leave the board. You are a troll and ruin these threads constantly.

Enjoy the Jets collapse, because it's coming.  You peaked last year at this time too. lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DripFace. Show DripFace's posts

[QUOTE]I was 20 rows up at the 15 yard line at the game. BGE's run was right in front of me. I have not seen a TD run like that on the Pats since Dillon. What a power run! That drive was crucial. OLD PATS FOOTBALL. Not this throw it 50x a game crap. I was screaming at the top of my lungs..."RUN THE BALL!!!!"...and hey, we did. TD. BGE runs great. Exactly what we need. A much better version of Antwain Smith. Please BB give him the ball and we win 2 more games than we would have this year. Just my opinion.
    Posted by MuellerTime19[/QUOTE]

Agreed, completely.  Downhill running. Lower center of gravity through the line.  He hits the hole.

It's sort of like when Antowain Smith would at least get 3 yards when it looked like he had nothing.

This is another upgrade compared to other seasons.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MuellerTime19. Show MuellerTime19's posts

LOL wait.......it was the drive after that. whoops, drunk last night

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: hate to say i told you so... : Wouldn;t the original condescending tone of terson who started this thread actually be more condescending since they said they like saying "I told you so"? What you call "condescending" is really code for your own insecurities. You don't like being shown up by more intelligent people who get it.  That's a  fact. I suggest you leave the board. You are a troll and ruin these threads constantly. Enjoy the Jets collapse, because it's coming.  You peaked last year at this time too. lol
    Posted by DripFace[/QUOTE]...Rusty "buzz words" 1. insecure: used constantly for anyone who doesn't drink his kool aid and has a differing opinion. Usually followed by him calling the person a stupid name. 2. Troll: see point 1 and repeat. Sorry dips$it but the only way you get me to leave it to ban me. Go ahead little boy lover, or should I say TB blow-up doll abuser.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

[QUOTE]There are a lot of insecure people who type on a computer for a living like yourself and are a virgin, like yourself. So, yes, you are very insecure.  Only you can change that.  So, please stop posting here and seek help.  It's not too late, RipFace. The second someone disagrees with you or puts you in your place, you lash out not knowing what to say to combat the person's opinion/premise.  Speaks volumes. FAIL
    Posted by DripFace[/QUOTE]...are you for real??? Brick wall.....rusty trombone. You are truly an ignoramous who has alienated not only non-fans, but real Patriot fans. Good luck in trying to fit into normal society. By the way, BB bobble head doll needs to be played with.....go to him. So now it's PLEASE don't post here....to which I say AGAIN...nope. I have had regular conversations with many fans on this board and although we disagree, they do not automatically name-call, insult, or try to talk down to me. You are the only one and there are plenty of others that can't stand to see anything written from you. Even some of your own fellow fans can't stand you. awwwwww. Poor Rusty. So smart (not), so detestable (yes).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

The guy runs for positive yardage almost all of the time and last night it was all the time.  I love it.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from DripFace. Show DripFace's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: hate to say i told you so... : ...are you for real??? Brick wall.....rusty trombone. You are truly an ignoramous who has alienated not only non-fans, but real Patriot fans. Good luck in trying to fit into normal society. By the way, BB bobble head doll needs to be played with.....go to him. So now it's PLEASE don't post here....to which I say AGAIN...nope. I have had regular conversations with many fans on this board and although we disagree, they do not automatically name-call, insult, or try to talk down to me. You are the only one and there are plenty of others that can't stand to see anything written from you. Even some of your own fellow fans can't stand you. awwwwww. Poor Rusty. So smart (not), so detestable (yes).
    Posted by RipFace[/QUOTE]

No.  I have no issue here with normal, mature adults. I am not going  over this again.

Some people came on here during the St. Louis preseason game and flipped out. And they have flipped out illogically since.

Even when someone would point out the REASONING behind a pass D allowing passes to be completed over and over, it didn';t matter.

People just whine and act like little girls, so no wonder why you like these people. YOu are one of them, just a Jets loser fan.

I don't like spoiled pink hat Pats fans. I don't care if they don't like me, because like Albert Breer, Gasper and their other minions, they are phonies.

Either they are phonies or do not know football, have never read PAtriot Reign, Education of a Coach, Pats Management Secrets Volumes  I and II and don't care to understand this process in the cap era.

If one fan here makes a positive point, that person is called a Kool Aid Drinker by some half baked fan who has a lower IQ.

They play video games and want stats for Madden.  And the want SB titles at the drop of a hat.

I am glad these fans do not like me, because they are either 16 years old and clueless or 35+ years old and irrational with absolutely no clue how to be analytical with regards to concepts.

Sections
Shortcuts