Have a fun week with out me!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Have a fun week with out me!

I did not make the bet with Russell, But I was of the opinion the Pats would run pass the ball 35 plus Times. Surprisingly, the Pats oline was able to create lanes, and there was no need. 

Since I did state they would pass 35 plus times, even though the was no bet, I will leave the board  for 1 week....

i would love to stick around and reply to some of last nights posts where it seems every post by Russell is trashing me, but I have a plane to catch....

enjoy the week RKRAP free....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

Re: Have a fun week with out me!

You are okay here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

If someone throws a $20 on the bar and bets whatever but I don't take the bet I don't feel at all obligated to fork over a $20.  Stick around, rkarp. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

They ran the ball 34 times? In the world of SPC 34 is 35 and the premise was correct, they ran it more than they passed it so why would you leave?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'm sorry not whiney enough. If your going to quit here, even if for a week, even for a bet you have to juice it up. Make up some big story how your feelings got hurt and try to make people feel guilty.  Then in a week you can have the "your triumphant return" thread.  Please follow the rules!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I did not make the bet with Russell, But I was of the opinion the Pats would run the ball 35 plus Times. Surprisingly, the Pats oline was able to create lanes, and there was no need. 

Since I did state they would pass 35 plus times, even though the was no bet, I will leave the board  for 1 week....

i would love to stick around and reply to some of last nights posts where it seems every post by Russell is trashing me, but I have a plane to catch....

ya forget the non-bet. If you are actually traveling, safe travels.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

[QUOTE]

I did not make the bet with Russell, But I was of the opinion the Pats would run the ball 35 plus Times. Surprisingly, the Pats oline was able to create lanes, and there was no need. 

[/QUOTE]

You will be missed.

People who think the Pats "abandon the run" are blind to the fact that it often simply isn't working.

Whether it's RBs missing games due to injuries, O-line penalties that make it difficult to sustain drives, RBs benched for fumbling, etc. etc. etc. this team has been unable to run consistently.   Simple as that.

The Pats threw for over 40+, and over 50+ in wins over Denver, Houston, and Cleveland in consecutive weeks (all WINS) because they had to. 

We should all be thankful that when the run isn't working we have a HOF QB that can pick up the pieces.

Now we have just had a week where the defense played well and the run game was efficient.  So, those with short-term memory will pretend that the Pats run game is the resurrection of the '60s Packers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What   a loser.  He never said a word about rushing attempts.  He specifically said   that the pats could not run on baltimore and we would pass "40 - 50 times".

This was in my wager thread.  He then backpedaled with the solder thing.  So, he challeneged my premise, wussed out and still 

lost.  

Only reason why he is doing this is because it is xmas week, too.

Rkrap is a gutless worm and he is 0-3 vs me.

[/QUOTE]

If you would like I have a whole library full of things I've copied where rkarp owns you to the point of embarrassment, would you like me to paste those?? I figure I could do one every hour...kind of start a thread...it will be like those Christmas candy thingys...just open one up everyday, except this will be by the hour. I can do it till Christmas.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You will be missed.

People who think the Pats "abandon the run" are blind to the fact that it often simply isn't working.

Whether it's RBs missing games due to injuries, O-line penalties that make it difficult to sustain drives, RBs benched for fumbling, etc. etc. etc. this team has been unable to run consistently.   Simple as that.

The Pats threw for over 40+, and over 50+ in wins over Denver, Houston, and Cleveland in consecutive weeks (all WINS) because they had to. 

We should all be thankful that when the run isn't working we have a HOF QB that can pick up the pieces.

Now we have just had a week where the defense played well and the run game was efficient.  So, those with short-term memory will pretend that the Pats run game is the resurrection of the '60s Packers.

[/QUOTE]

Would you care to detail what games the running game was not working?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You will be missed.

[/QUOTE]

Well well put. Outstanding and I think everyone feels the same way. Personally I'd love to be a running team - there's nothing better than watching your team break another team's will, but we don't have that type of talent. The people that think all you have to do is "just stick with it" are mindless fools that don't understand football. Do they really think Belichick (or any team) wouldn't just do that all game if that were the case? The drive blockers and runners you need for that to work do not grow on trees. And with the emphasis on passing with the rule enforcement, teams are not built that way. You can't really have it both ways unfortunately. Having a defense play well for a change is also a big part of it...having to play catch up does not allow for a ground and pound game.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Would you care to detail what games the running game was not working?

[/QUOTE]

I assume you've watched all the game like I have.   My take from your comment is that whatever evidence I produce will be discarded.   The penalties, fumbles, benching, etc. are all there for everyone with eyes to see.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You will be missed.

[/QUOTE]

Well well put. Outstanding and I think everyone feels the same way. Personally I'd love to be a running team - there's nothing better than watching your team break another team's will, but we don't have that type of talent. The people that think all you have to do is "just stick with it" are mindless fools that don't understand football. Do they really think Belichick (or any team) wouldn't just do that all game if that were the case? The drive blockers and runners you need for that to work do not grow on trees. And with the emphasis on passing with the rule enforcement, teams are not built that way. You can't really have it both ways unfortunately. Having a defense play well for a change is also a big part of it...having to play catch up does not allow for a ground and pound game.

[/QUOTE]

The only things missing to have a dominant running game are a really good C, a solid RG and a solid TE (when Gronk is injured or when we want double TE).

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The only things missing to have a dominant running game are a really good C, a solid RG and a solid TE (when Gronk is injured or when we want double TE).

[/QUOTE]

And that's A LOT.  That's 50% of the typical run-blocking play.   Gronk will not only be missed as a RZ target, but also for his effective run blocking.  No other TE on this team blocks as well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

What   a loser.  He never said a word about rushing attempts.  He specifically said   that the pats could not run on baltimore and we would pass "40 - 50 times".

This was in my wager thread.  He then backpedaled with the solder thing.  So, he challeneged my premise, wussed out and still 

lost.  

Only reason why he is doing this is because it is xmas week, too.

Rkrap is a gutless worm and he is 0-3 vs me.

[/QUOTE]

If you would like I have a whole library full of things I've copied where rkarp owns you to the point of embarrassment, would you like me to paste those?? I figure I could do one every hour...kind of start a thread...it will be like those Christmas candy thingys...just open one up everyday, except this will be by the hour. I can do it till Christmas.

[/QUOTE]

Sure, sure.  MAybe he can tell us Hooman is going to IR again or Tebow will make the team over Edelman? bwahhaa

Those were beautes.

You' ve had some beautes too. It just drives you beserk how right I am so often, huh?

lol

[/QUOTE]

I like how you lol it at the end, it shows even you admit how wrong you are. Ad yes, we've all had our beauties...me, you, rkarp..hell I can list 55 players Belichick drafted high or signed to million dollar contracts that didn't come close to working out too. It happens, it's football.

Sections
Shortcuts