Have a problem with RS article with BORGES being the local source and reporter....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Have a problem with RS article with BORGES being the local source and reporter....

After hearing that reknowned Patriot hater Ron Borges was the principal source for local based information used to complie the article I have to take with several grains of salt some of the details made apparent in the article...I mean, if there are personal slants taken in the article because they come from Borges, universally known to be one of the biggest, if not THE biggest BB critic in the country (aside from ESPN), then the impact of the article is lessend, IMO...

I have to question some claims made in the article as a result...I do not TRUST Borges to report objectively...reporters routinely put forward personal agends in their reporting...various folks from the Boston Herald (Felger - when he wrote for the Herald- and Borges in particular) have negatively reported on the Pats ever since that clown John Tomase, their colleague, falsely hatcheted the team prior to the SB with the Giants with "Spygate" claims....they (Felger, Borges and others) have consistently circled the wagons to protect Tomase and attack the Pats since, for the most part...

I had to clear this up since I stated in another thread that I trusted fully the article about AH in the RS...now, knowing that Borges is heavily involved, I cannot.

Ron Borges' Cut-And-Paste Job

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Re: Have a problem with RS article with BORGES being the local source and reporter....

In response to russgriswold's comment:

I would not allow this guy near Gillette and if I am the Herald, I fire him. Seriously. You can't have people like that working for you because they've compromised their integrity.  How he is supposed to do his job if people know his background?

He currently has his name on a piece that says BB said to Hernandez "get yourself a safe house."

That's the most made up, slanderous piece of garbage I've ever heard someone trying to pass off as a fact.

WEll...you know BB never said that to Borges...LMAO!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Have a problem with RS article with BORGES being the local source and reporter....

Here's a good read.

Plagiarist Ruins Perfectly Good Rolling Stone Feature

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Smart man!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Also, someone mentioned the root of BOrges's beef with BB was because he benched Bledsoe in 2001, but it really started before that.

With BB's second draft in 2001, BB took Richard Seymour. This was, ya know, a year after he took Tom Brady. lol

Anyway, Borges went on there in APril of 2001 and mocked BB mercilessly like Mt Hurl (and others) do here.

He said BB should have taken David Terrell from Michigan. Terrell was a bust.

I think it was later when Borges was being a tool mid 2001 season, trying to make it about him, his ego and arrogance, where BB literaly had Borges removed from a press conference, which he's never done with anyone.

Since that time in this town, Borges has been a joke and no real Pats fan should ever trust Ron Borges for anything in terms of reporting on the Patriots.

Hey at least Borges knows Curtis Martin can catch the ball out of the backfield and he never would say Merriweather is the second best safety in the AFC...like you.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Also, someone mentioned the root of BOrges's beef with BB was because he benched Bledsoe in 2001, but it really started before that.

With BB's second draft in 2001, BB took Richard Seymour. This was, ya know, a year after he took Tom Brady. lol

Anyway, Borges went on there in APril of 2001 and mocked BB mercilessly like Mt Hurl (and others) do here.

I think it was later when Borges was being a tool mid 2001 season, trying to make it about him, his ego and arrogance, where BB literaly had Borges removed from a press conference, which he's never done with anyone.

Since that time in this town, Borges has been a joke and no real Pats fan should ever trust Ron Borges for anything in terms of reporting on the Patriots.

Hey at least Borges knows Curtis Martin can catch the ball out of the backfield and he never would say Merriweather is the second best safety in the AFC...like you.

Never said either.  Everyone knows what I said at the time, minus trolls, which is you. You repeating the lies won't change that.

YOU did however say you wish BB channeled the now unemployed Mike Tannenbum from 2009-2012. Yep. Yes, ya did. About 5 months ago.

You literally wanted .500 type teams and sub .500 teams off the lockout in 2011. lmao

Dumber than a bag of rocks.^^

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I was shocked that Borges would write an article critical of Belichik.

could someone please explain why football coaches are more responsible for the personal lives of players than say the average employer?  I don't bow down to BB like some, but he is in no way responsible for Hernandez murdering people.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

I was shocked that Borges would write an article critical of Belichik.

could someone please explain why football coaches are more responsible for the personal lives of players than say the average employer?  I don't bow down to BB like some, but he is in no way responsible for Hernandez murdering people.

How dare you be so normal and rational!

Hurlie, Pezzy, Babe, Shizzles, RKrap, TFB12 and our trolls disagree with you!

They want answers!  BB is helping Hernandez murder people with  safe house, too!

ROnny Borges wrote it with another hack, so it has to be true! The internet told us!

You know what the sad part is? I don't want answers - I like Belichick - and I don't want to know what a potentially bad guy he may be. I don't want to hear it, I don't want this thing to blow up right before the season is starting and I don't want anything coming out about him that would pressure Kraft to get rid of him. I'm selfish, I like my football....Belichick gives me the best chance to watch a team that wins on Sundays (and Brady). And Rolling Stone magazine is something I won't read - I won't pay any attention to them after they put that terrorist on their cover...not going to happen. And as far as Borges goes...guy is a disgrace...how or why could he be so hell bent against this organization? He disgusts me.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

Cupcake, he's already addressed the Hernandez situation. It came over a month ago. Once that went so well, Borges clearly was jealous how well it was handled, how open and honest BB was on the topic, so Borges went into sneaky, lying, muckraking mode to seek revenge the best way he could.

So, he calls up his roided and coked out buddy in NY (Spolatoff) and they whip up a piece to sell to a desperate Rolling Stone, acting like it's legit and reputable.

BB does everything right to the T and it still ain't good enough because people want to make money off of anything negative tied to the Pats.

Been going on for years. Anything great NE does, it's downplayed. Any minor negative (not this is minor), it's sensationalized.

An sadly, we have some here who claim to be Pats fans who apparently can't wait to troll this board with numerous threads believing the sensationalist crap written about this organization.

I would love to know if he took that to the Herald and they said "no way", with him going elsewhere to see who he could sell it to.

Or, did he not even broach it with the Herald?

What's comical is, for 30 years I wanted an expose on Jeremy Jacobs and how he duped the Bruins fans and not one "journalist" in this town took on such a legit thing like that.

Now, the best owner in town, arguably in sports, best coach, best GM, etc, are under constant attack, totally unfairly, after they're totally upfront about everything.

Gary Tanguay and Felger were on the Comcast Sports tonight interviewing the plagerist this evening. Turns out the writer from RS and Borges have been friends for many years and the writer from RS called him back in June when the story broke. That's when they decided to work on the piece they wrote.

Borges also mentioned that he felt Kraft really didn't know about what took place and that if anything BB was protecting the organization. He went on to mention that AH going out to contact BB during the combine was not that unusal because stuff like that happens all the time in the NFL.

But this doesn't take him off the hook and in fact it kind of sounded like he was softening his stance on what was said. It could be he's getting hammered in all the comments sections on the web sites meaning this is more backlash for RS. Just look at the Boston.com comments in the main article. Looks like almost every post discredits the article because it came from RS and the fact that Borges contributed to it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

The article is worth reading.  It connects a lot of dots.  Just hold your nose when you get to the section written by Borges.  There is some good info - just get past the BS.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOT

I remember that article vividly, Borges went on and on like he was personally offended by the pick and the guy obviously can not get over the fact that he was embarassingly wrong that he hasn't stopped going after the Pats and BB ever since---I even wonder if he chose the "put Bledsoeback in" camp merely out of spite---course he was embarassingly wrong about that also---He is far and away the captain of the all DB Boston sports media team

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjetssuc. Show nyjetssuc's posts

Ron Borges' Cut-And-Paste Job

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Borges isn't good.

The main writer, however, is a two time Pulitzer nominee.  Why is everyone ignoring that?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

BORGES IS AN ADMITTED PLAGARIZER AND LIAR!!! Why he is still employed in a sportstown is beyong me! I stopped reading him when he was caught plagarizing his columns and suspended. I also dont read RS after they galmoured up a terrorist, sypathized with him, and put him on the cover. The editoroif RS shouild be tried for treason and Borges is not far behind.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Borges isn't good.

The main writer, however, is a two time Pulitzer nominee.  Why is everyone ignoring that?

Because Rusty and some others want it all to be untrue.  BTW, at least it looks like Rusty stopped his silly "Why are we talking about this, Hernandez isn't a Patriot" speech.  That will go down as one of the lamest arguments ever.

Anyone who wants to read some good articles you need to check out Paul Solotaroff's writings.  They are fantastic.  Anyone who was/is a boxing fan has to know the late Hector Macho Camacho.  Check out his story on the Macho Man, fantastic read.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Gay jokes, Rusty? 

What are you, 13?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Borges isn't good.

Because Rusty and some others want it all to be untrue.  BTW, at least it looks like Rusty stopped his silly "Why are we talking about this, Hernandez isn't a Patriot" speech.  That will go down as one of the lamest arguments ever.

Anyone who wants to read some good articles you need to check out Paul Solotaroff's writings.  They are fantastic.  Anyone who was/is a boxing fan has to know the late Hector Macho Camacho.  Check out his story on the Macho Man, fantastic read.

Thanks for being open minded and trying to be objective but you miss the point. The article is completely tainted with Ron Borges biased views. It's been documented very clearly that Borges has a personal beef with the Patriots, Kraft, and especially BB. So how can anyone trust what is being said in this article with him contributing his twisted biased views?

Hernandez is clearly a psychopath who some are clearly trying to link the Patriots to be at fault. The media connecting the dots from the article are as much at fault as the ones who wrote it. They have no idea who the so called sources are. So just like Tomase lets go with it even if it's wrong.

This is truely a sad chapter in the Patriots, NFL, and American history. No one likes this story because it's sad and has a terrible ending. But this is the type of news we all want to put behind us because saddly this type of news is the type of news that is common on the front pages which is why most of us here are trying to ignore and have no control over. For some of us we just want to get back to our daily escape called Patriot football. I hope we all can move on and do just that. Please join us!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

It's not just plagiarism on Borge's part, it's outright lies, fabricated sources, and stolen phrases from other writers.  

Kind of a triple threat of a thief.   Borge's name should be synonymous with A Rod, Bonds, and other cheaters.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Who cares if the guy from Rolling Stone was nominated for 2 Pulitzer prizes? He aligned himself with Borges.  That's all I need to know about his journalistic "integrity".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

[QUOTE]

Borges isn't good.

[/QUOTE]

Borges just back pedalled from every thing written in the article during an interview on 98.5 The Sports Hub. Every thing that was brought up during the interview, Borges said "It could have happened that way." Does any more need to be said?

It has nothing to do with wanting it to be untrue. It has EVERYTHING to do with BEING untrue, which Borges just admitted.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Borges isn't good.

Borges just back pedalled from every thing written in the article during an interview on 98.5 The Sports Hub. Every thing that was brought up during the interview, Borges said "It could have happened that way." Does any more need to be said?

It has nothing to do with wanting it to be untrue. It has EVERYTHING to do with BEING untrue, which Borges just admitted.

That was his tone on the Comcast Sports show last night also. Very strange. It's almost like he's afraid to backup what was printed for some reason and it doesn't sound like his style at all. He always jumps at the chance to make BB and the Patriots look bad. It could be the backlash the article is receiving is over whelming even for him.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The problem with Borges is that he lets his agenda influence his reporting and his opinions.  Always has.  People from Boston who know his shtick know to take every word he writes with that context in mind.  

Everyone looking to persecute BB because of the actions of Hernandez needs to realise that, ultimatley, accountability starts with yourself.  Hernandez had problems, but the only person responsible for his actions is AH.  Even con that gets sent to jail has a soft story or a history, but very few give a toss about them because they're not NFL players making millions of dollars.  Where is the outcry and finger pointing every time one of these guys gets sent up state?  Who is blaming their parents, employer, social worker or probation officer for failing them?  That's right...no one!

This is sensationalism at its worst, and every media outlet is looking to get readers, listeners and attention with its own take on the Hernandez story.  Let's all please keep that in mind.   

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I skimmed the RS article and haven't read all the posts here.  What I take from the (admittedly incomplete) reading I've done is that there is some possibility that about a year ago Hernandez started doing lots of angel dust.  If this is true, all the problems seem to have started about the time the contract extension was signed . . . which means Hernandez may have been on good behaviour up until that time and therefore the Pats may have had little reason to suspect that Hernandez was going to turn bad when they decided to extend him.  After the deal was signed, it seems things got worse.  That would have been toward the beginning of last season, at which point, BB was probably still figuring out a way to handle him.  Many of the problems may not have become apparent until Hern was injured so discipline would necessarily have been less obvious to the public than a suspension would have been (you can't suspend a guy who is already out).  Basically, the article seems useful in offering a possible explanation for Hernandez's behaviour (drugs), but it seems far fetched to accuse the Pats of missing anything when the heavy angel dust use apparently didn't begin until only about a year ago.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I skimmed the RS article and haven't read all the posts here.  What I take from the (admittedly incomplete) reading I've done is that there is some possibility that about a year ago Hernandez started doing lots of angel dust.  If this is true, all the problems seem to have started about the time the contract extension was signed . . . which means Hernandez may have been on good behaviour up until that time and therefore the Pats may have had little reason to suspect that Hernandez was going to turn bad when they decided to extend him.  After the deal was signed, it seems things got worse.  That would have been toward the beginning of last season, at which point, BB was probably still figuring out a way to handle him.  Many of the problems may not have become apparent until Hern was injured so discipline would necessarily have been less obvious to the public than a suspension would have been (you can't suspend a guy who is already out).  Basically, the article seems useful in offering a possible explanation for Hernandez's behaviour (drugs), but it seems far fetched to accuse the Pats of missing anything when the heavy angel dust use apparently didn't begin until only about a year ago.  

Dude, he was the perfect soldier.  Kraft said it, BB, etc. It's why they gave him the extension.  

Sean McAdam is on 98.5 right now. He admits he's friends with Borges, which made me lose some respect for him, but he's carefully in so few words calling the Borges story utter sensationalism at its finest.

A caller just called in and said what I said yesterday, but I know the answer:

Why didn't the Herald, Borges's employer run this story?

Answer: LAWSUITS

McAdam has confirmed the Herald has been sued MULTIPLE TIMES in the last few years, which I did not know.

If Kraft had sued them in 2008 after the Spygate Witch Hunt, I think the media would be dealing with this franchise in a much, much different fashion.

Instead, he let them off the hook because he is a nice guy.  Now, I bet he regrets not suing.

I didn't even read the whole article, because I was about to puuke at the beginning with how many obvious sensationalist statements were made. All they did was introduce the PCP angle, repeat what we already knew, and the Borges used the piece to lie and take veiled swipes at BB and Kraft, implying there is some kind of a cover up because Hernandez is a talent.

It's utter garbage.

Also, the Pats were very close to doing an interview yesterday to call out Borges and Spolotaroff as liars, exposing the entire piece, but thought better off it for legal reasons.

I love the old X-Files quote, The truth is out there. ...and it will someday come out.

McAdams was also questioning pieces of the article such as the article stated that there were around 4 teams just waiting for AH to be cleared so they could sign him. McAdams said he doubts very strongly that the NFL will ever let AH play in the league again.

He also questioned another statement saying the AH was the number one TE in the NFL. McAdams quickly said for one his former teammate Gronk is the best TE in the NFL.

McAdams went on to say that there were other very questionable statements in the article and just the few he mentioned made him think that this was a sloppy written article and that it now puts the entire report in question.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I recall hearing Hernandez speak about how fatherhood was going to change him right around the time that he got his extension.  He waxed on and on about how the Pats' culture had changed him for the better.  I clearly remember the interview and thought to myself that, hmmm, I must have been wrong about this guy and in my preconceived notions about him because there is no way the Pats sign him to that contract based on talent alone.  Hern must have been a fixture at Gillette in the weight room and film room and I am sure his off field track record checkout out too, at least since he's been in Foxboro.  To be honest, I was sort of surprised that the Pats were putting that much money at risk on the guy, but I based that solely on his past reputation, or what we knew about him (likes the weed, U FLA troubles). 

I actually would not be surprised if it was something like PCP, probably used in excess in the last year, that put him in a world of hurt.  Based on what we know about the murder and just how poorly he planned everything out, there is no explanation for that other than his brain was completely fried by drugs. 

I have a hard time believing that the same guy who a) either legitimately kept his nose clean up until the time of his extension, or b) masterfully hid EVERYTHING he did from prying eyes up until the murder, would all of a sudden just lose it and haplessly and careless murder someone in the style of The Gang That Couldn't Shoot Straight.

Sections
Shortcuts