Have faith people

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Have faith people

It's only the 1st round, and most teams only get to draft once during it.  We drafted once and picked up a potential Probowl player.  I can assure that pick had Dante written all over it and if anyone in the NFL knows what to do with an O lineman it's him.  And we needed to firm up the line because bad things have been happening there as of late between injuries, retirement, and dissention.

We also managed to pickup a 1st next year and another (that makes 3 total) 2nd round pick.  Sure the 1st next year might get dealt, but not without picking up another 1st and another 2nd.  BB likes these because they represent value and you might jut strike gold with one of those slightly later picks.  I can't argue this. 

Now we have a bumper crop of picks for tomorrow, and if BB can do this year what he did last year in the 2nd round, is there anyone here that can really complain??? The next Lawrence Taylor will not be suting up to the Pats this year, but we can find a viable pass rush when combined with returning players (Bodden and Warren), as well as an older and more seasoned defense can only mean great things.  The future is bright indeed guys and there is absolutely no reason to start hitting the panic button.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfantiltheend. Show patsfantiltheend's posts

Re: Have faith people

Thank you! Great post agill. Think about it, Solder will turn into a Matt Light type player, we have 2 firsts next year, 3 seconds this year. Time to do work.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from deadZeppelin. Show deadZeppelin's posts

The pats need impact players not period game over thanks for playing wait for next so called chokes enjoy. ONE stud olb can turn a defense around the pats have none.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Ok, so we got a potential Probowl Tackle, a big CB that was assured to go in the first round until he got injured last year (did anyone really think BB wasn't going to draft a CB in the 2nd round, that's his MO), a RB that looks like he possesses all the skills to take over for Kevin Faulk (which has been a worry for me for years).

Do we need a better pass rush?  Yup, without question.  Does BB feel he should force the issue by drafting someone with question marks all over them?  Nope.  Should we doubt him?  Nope.

Bottom line, we went 14-2 last year.  This year we have 2 key players returning (Warren and Bodden) and all the young guys on our team are that much more experienced.  I also expect to see a lot more from Cunningham this year and think he might be able to provide a much improved pass rush.  Have faith people!   

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmk. Show tmmk's posts

In Response to Re: Have faith people:
    [QUOTE]Ok, so we got a potential Probowl Tackle, a big CB that was assured to go in the first round until he got injured last year (did anyone really think BB wasn't going to draft a CB in the 2nd round, that's his MO), a RB that looks like he possesses all the skills to take over for Kevin Faulk (which has been a worry for me for years). Do we need a better pass rush?  Yup, without question.  Does BB feel he should force the issue by drafting someone with question marks all over them?  Nope.  Should we doubt him?  Nope. Bottom line, we went 14-2 last year.  This year we have 2 key players returning (Warren and Bodden) and all the young guys on our team are that much more experienced.  I also expect to see a lot more from Cunningham this year and think he might be able to provide a much improved pass rush.  Have faith people!   
    Posted by agill1970[/QUOTE]

Agreed!!!   We have some great players on our team that when healthy and another year of experience will help our pass rush.  The season don't start tomorrow.  By mid way thru the season you will be saying BB is a great coach again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from fancy-shamanski. Show fancy-shamanski's posts

They had the rare opportunity to get an impactful pass rusher.  All SB winning teams (including when the oats won) need them.  A big reason they lost to the jets, besides choking was a total complete lack of a rush.  The reason the jets D wasn't elite was a lack of a rush.  Pass rush is the 2nd most important thing behind QB.

they have bodden coming back why draft a corner?  he's good but so is bodden.  Its very hard to win a SB with the current pass rush.  BB is the man, but sometimes he gets too clever for his own good.  This could be one of those times.  A solid pass rusher would completely change this D.  the corner they drafted will not completely change this d and make it ridic.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

[QUOTE]Ok, so we got a potential Probowl Tackle, a big CB that was assured to go in the first round until he got injured last year (did anyone really think BB wasn't going to draft a CB in the 2nd round, that's his MO), a RB that looks like he possesses all the skills to take over for Kevin Faulk (which has been a worry for me for years). Do we need a better pass rush?  Yup, without question.  Does BB feel he should force the issue by drafting someone with question marks all over them?  Nope.  Should we doubt him?  Nope. Bottom line, we went 14-2 last year.  This year we have 2 key players returning (Warren and Bodden) and all the young guys on our team are that much more experienced.  I also expect to see a lot more from Cunningham this year and think he might be able to provide a much improved pass rush.  Have faith people!   
    Posted by agill1970[/QUOTE]

I agree with you 100%

If Ras-I Dowling stays healthy, we will have three very good corners on this team. Vereen looks like a great back, strong and is fast, has great hands.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

so we have traded 2 picks away, drafted an ol, a CB and a RB. How do we generate pass rush with these?

Have faith? sure - in what? that the opposing QB will trip and fall? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmot1234. Show tmot1234's posts

[QUOTE]They had the rare opportunity to get an impactful pass rusher.  All SB winning teams (including when the oats won) need them.  A big reason they lost to the jets, besides choking was a total complete lack of a rush.  The reason the jets D wasn't elite was a lack of a rush.  Pass rush is the 2nd most important thing behind QB. they have bodden coming back why draft a corner?  he's good but so is bodden.  Its very hard to win a SB with the current pass rush.  BB is the man, but sometimes he gets too clever for his own good.  This could be one of those times.  A solid pass rusher would completely change this D.  the corner they drafted will not completely change this d and make it ridic.
    Posted by fancy-shamanski[/QUOTE]

You need 3 solid corners these days, not two. That was why they drafted McCourty last year...problem was that Butler disappointed and Bodden got hurt before he got started. This will give us McCourty, Bodden, and Dowling, and after watching the past few seasons, I'll never question BB for stocking up on cornerbacks or linemen. Have we done anything about our pass rush yet? Nope. But, we're 60 draft picks into the offseason. Haven't even started free agency yet.

Personally, I'd rather have a veteran pass rusher come in instead of a rookie. We're young enough on defense already, bring in a veteran free agent LB. Someone the other LB's can learn from. Use the draft to get younger on offense. We'll see how they look in July. I'm really not too worried about how things are looking right now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

I've been defending BB for the last 24 hours, but this third round has shaken my faith considerably.

What is going on here?

Two running backs tonight? Ryan Mallett?

Cunningham had better turn into Vrabel next season; and Bodden, Warren and Wright had better stay healthy and play well--all of them--or there are going to be a lot of 34-31 games next season.

Annoyed right now.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

I think I responded to the same point in another thread but I will repeat here since the question is repeated here:

RB number one gives us a solid feature back whose big runs will be greater than the max 7-9 yards BJGE is capable of.

RB number two gives us a good compliment to RB one: a strong solid inside runner eho can also add some tough blocking. A little like the complimentary nature of the two TEs drafted last year (I do not imply that the talent here at RB will be equal to those TEs but I do not know how good these RBs will be)

As for Mallet: consider that this is a big time arm; a player liked by his teamates; a player who, like Aaron Rodgers, will have a chance to learn behind a HOF QB and so not have to implode if he is not a top QB from day one or even day two. If he pans out in 4 or 5 years as a QB with SB caliber talent this will be a great thrid round pick (you usually think you need to pick in the top half of the first round for a player like that).

So NO guarantees. BUT... there are no guarantees no matter who we picked!

Sections
Shortcuts