Have Patriots' Fans Turned on Randy Moss?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Have Patriots' Fans Turned on Randy Moss?

Apparently, Sean Crowe of the New England Examiner thinks so. Heres' his article on the matter...and please note my response, in the comments.

Is Sean correct? Or, am I more in tune on this matter?: http://www.examiner.com/x-1324-New-England-Patriots-Examiner~y2009m12d18-Its-amazing-how-quickly-New-England-Patriots-fans-turned-on-Randy-Moss?#comments 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

Re: Have Patriots' Fans Turned on Randy Moss?

In Response to Have Patriots' Fans Turned on Randy Moss?:
         Apparently, Sean Crowe of the New England Examiner thinks so. Heres' his article on the matter...and please note my response, in the comments.      Is Sean correct? Or, am I more in tune on this matter?: http://www.examiner.com/x-1324-New-England-Patriots-Examiner~y2009m12d18-Its-amazing-how-quickly-New-England-Patriots-fans-turned-on-Randy-Moss?#comments  
    Posted by TexasPat3

He's wrong TP. I consider this lazy Journalism and I'll use the word journalism loosely.
    It seems as though he's basing his column on what he has heard on sports radio which is not representative of the Patriots fan base but only the small % that actually call into those programs and the hosts that get paid to have opposing view points. He would have been better served writing a column that said Mike Felger is a moron. That, I could get behind.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

I think the national media attack has gilded us (99% of the non trolls on this board) and our support for Randy.  Hopefully it has the same effect on the team and they start kicking @ss again.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

Apparently, Sean Crowe of the New England Examiner thinks so. Heres' his article on the matter...and please note my response, in the comments.      Is Sean correct? Or, am I more in tune on this matter?: http://www.examiner.com/x-1324-New-England-Patriots-Examiner~y2009m12d18-Its-amazing-how-quickly-New-England-Patriots-fans-turned-on-Randy-Moss?#comments  
    Posted by TexasPat3

I cannot speak for the "fans" but I can speak for myself.  I for one, think that Moss is still a "special" player.  A player that forces the other team to game plan for...  I am happy that Moss is on our team and the double teams that he commands.....  I think teams have weighted their coverage on Moss to limit his opportunities.

That being said, I would Love Tom Brady to spread the ball around like the old days.   I think sometimes, Brady focusses too much on Moss and Welker.   If we spread the ball around a bit more, we would be tougher to defend against and be able to close out some of the tight games.... 

Moss is a huge part of this offense and personally, I  want him on my team.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Re: Have Patriots' Fans Turned on Randy Moss?:
    I think the national media attack has gilded us (99% of the non trolls on this board) and our support for Randy.  Hopefully it has the same effect on the team and they start kicking @ss again.
    Posted by K-max

I hope I don't have the rose colored glasses on K-Max but I expect a huge game out of Moss this week. It's one of those Yin and Yang situations where I think last week is going to even itself out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

It's all flavor of the day "journalism" Whatever gossip, quote, or done deed these backwater writers cling to it to sell ad space and papers nothing more than that.
    Moss goes outs and has a 10 catch 1 td day tomorrow and this gets forgotten.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

In Response to Re: Have Patriots' Fans Turned on Randy Moss? : I hope I don't have the rose colored glasses on K-Max but I expect a huge game out of Moss this week. It's one of those Yin and Yang situations where I think last week is going to even itself out.
    Posted by ewhite1065

Looks like the weather is going to cooperate e. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Not me. Felger's never liked Moss. But then, who likes Felger?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Posted by TexasPat3

not me.  Still a Moss fan

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I think the campaign the Pats have done to set the facts straight about Moss have mostly worked.  The media hates seeing a juicy story (non-story) go away.  No doubt a lot of them were thinking they were going to have it easy the rest of the season bashing Moss.  Now they will actually have to think of something to write about.

As for us fans, any reporter can easily cherry pick a few select posts and draw any conclusion he seeks to draw.  I think the fans are behind Moss.  The few that weren't made a lot of noise on the various boards, and that might alter the perception to observers.

I thought Albert Breer's last chat was interesting.  He said he thought having your lead receiver held to 1 catch for 16 yards was a big story.  These people can't even see through their bias.  After BB and the ESPN analyst explained what was really going on, the media could have easily started writing about an unselfish Moss who had one of his best games away from the ball...  They had two types of possible stories, one good and one bad.  It's why I say that bias and intellect cannot occupy the same space at the same time.  Your brain can only contain one or the other at any given time.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

It's not the fans.  I've heard no boos in Foxboro.  It's a great number of individual sportswriters who have all turned on Randy Moss.  They read other sportswriters.  I wonder if they watch football games?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

It's not the fans.  I've heard no boos in Foxboro.  It's a great number of individual sportswriters who have all turned on Randy Moss.  They read other sportswriters.  I wonder if they watch football games?
    Posted by Paul_K

There must have been a lot of sportswriters in the stands at Gillette last Sunday. I heard a fair amount of booing when Moss dropped the pass on the slant route. Personally, I don't like it when fans boo a guy on their team--especially a guy like Moss who has generally done great things for this team. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I didnt read the article.  BUT i never really liked randy anyway.  well, thats a lie.  for the first 6 games or so of 2007, when he looked like randy moss, i liked him *okay* but thought he was an ANTIpatriot.  self centered, showoff, me me me kind of guy.  NOT troy brown.  He has proven to be less that, but underwhelming as a receiver.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

I didnt read the article.  BUT i never really liked randy anyway.  well, thats a lie.  for the first 6 games or so of 2007, when he looked like randy moss, i liked him *okay* but thought he was an ANTIpatriot.  self centered, showoff, me me me kind of guy.  NOT troy brown.  He has proven to be less that, but underwhelming as a receiver.  
    Posted by Davedsone

"He has proven to be...underwhelming as a receiver"?? LOL!!! Check out his all-world stats while with the Patriots: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=1433 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

In Response to Have Patriots' Fans Turned on Randy Moss? : I cannot speak for the "fans" but I can speak for myself.  I for one, think that Moss is still a "special" player.  A player that forces the other team to game plan for...  I am happy that Moss is on our team and the double teams that he commands.....  I think teams have weighted their coverage on Moss to limit his opportunities. That being said, I would Love Tom Brady to spread the ball around like the old days.   I think sometimes, Brady focusses too much on Moss and Welker.   If we spread the ball around a bit more, we would be tougher to defend against and be able to close out some of the tight games....  Moss is a huge part of this offense and personally, I  want him on my team.
    Posted by SmokingJoe
    Yes get Watson more involved in the game

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

stats DONT win games.  alligator arms, not elevating to catch fades, drops, blown routes, all that is underwhelming.  i would take deion branch over randy.  i would take troy brown over randy.  randy gives one, but he takes away three.  yes, im underwhelmed.  all that talent, and we see what you get when his FEELINGS are hurt.  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

"Have Patriots' Fans Turned on Randy Moss?"

I think we'll need alot more woman in the stands for that to happen.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

stats DONT win games.  alligator arms, not elevating to catch fades, drops, blown routes, all that is underwhelming.  i would take deion branch over randy.  i would take troy brown over randy.  randy gives one, but he takes away three.  yes, im underwhelmed.  all that talent, and we see what you get when his FEELINGS are hurt.  
    Posted by Davedsone

Surely you jest. With all due respect to Deion Branch and Troy Brown, the only way that they will get into the NFL Hall of Fame is if they drive there. Moss is a first ballot hall of famer. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

NO, I DONT JETS.  heart matters most.  i dont want hall of famers, i want sb winners.  period.  dumb crap like hall of fame is for AFTER your career.  would you want welker over moss?  i would.  he has guts, and fights.  randy has all the talent in the world, its just not being utilized.  guys like that kill teams.  you can not play with them, can not coach them.  to badly quote Mike Singletary.  Moss makes me crazy.  I wish edelman would step up, so we have one more dependable guy.  Moss' best skill is drawing double teams, and i will give him that, but he certainly isnt beating alot of coverage.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

here is bob ryans take.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2009/12/16/giving_it_his_lull/

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MaritimePatsFan. Show MaritimePatsFan's posts

Moss I think what Ryan is preaching in that article is what we are all thinking and hoping doesn't happen. Right now we need Randy like Ryan said in his piece to stretch the field. Without him we have Welker and a couple of inexperienced guys.

Personally, I think the team could be better off without Randy. I understand double and even triple coverage he demands, but the best offense in the league is one that spreads the ball around. Defenses cannot cover everything. Since Moss has landed Brady has gotten away from that. He used to hit 10 different guys for receptions. Now we are seeing 4 maybe 5. Welker is the new and improved Troy Brown. Now we just need two good route runners with a bit of size and speed. Brady will figure the rest out.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

best quote from the Ryan piece

"There is no need for anyone to recite the record. We know how good he has been and can be. We also know he is a multiple recidivist, that he has a history of giving up when things get rough, either physically or mentally. It’s why he was made available by the Oakland Raiders, for whom he was notoriously selective about showcasing his immense talent"
    YEP, that sounds like it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

maritime-this is true.what the pats use to do,with spreading the ball around it did give them success.now its just moss and welker.which is good but there are times they both are not open,and by the time brady looks for a third option.its to late,and he is forced to throw a bad pass,or incompletes.many teams are doing what made the pats successful,and its makeing there teams very successful,and the pats are struggleing because they have gone away with what made them great.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paulawht63. Show Paulawht63's posts

The media  always takes things and blows it out of  of the water Media is nothing but a pain.
    Asa Huge Pats fan Moss had a bad BAD game but he did help out in the Blocking which was huge so Welker could get his run.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Here is what I know
    The Patriots won 3 SB's without Moss
    With Moss the Pats have won 0 SB's
    Therefore Moss is the reason the Pats haven't won a SB

Sure there are 100 different changes between 2004 and 2007 (like the 1st and 2nd ranked defense in 03 and 04) but I choose to believe Moss is the problem.

Also when I wore my Bruschi jersey during the Colts game the Patriots lost.
    When I wore my Patriots hoodie during the Carolina game the Pats Won.
    Therefore my Bruschi jersey is the reason the Patriots lost.  Sorry, it's my fault.

Sections
Shortcuts