Have Patriots Lost Luster for Veterans?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Re: Have Patriots Lost Luster for Veterans?

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The focus of this thread is "do vets still want to play for BB?"

Answer: YES

[/QUOTE]

John Abraham says otherwise.

You can't throw a blanket statement out there like that.  Some do want to play for Belichick, some couldn't care less.  End of story.

[/QUOTE]

John Abraham...forgot about that one...that guy has 6 sacks in 9 games this season. What did he get in Arizona for money? He would of looked good opposite Chandler, or rushing somewhere on third downs.

[/QUOTE]

At 4 million per?  Chris Jones has 5 sacks and leads all DL rookies in that category. I don't want losers on this team. There is a reason why Abraham always played for losers.

[/QUOTE]

I know that you think that nobody cares about the real facts compared to the facts that you post, but during JA's 14 year career, only 4 of the teams he was on finished with a losing record. That would mean that he doesn't always play for losers.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You can't throw a blanket statement out there like that.  Some do want to play for Belichick, some couldn't care less.  End of story.

[/QUOTE]

John Abraham...forgot about that one...that guy has 6 sacks in 9 games this season. What did he get in Arizona for money? He would of looked good opposite Chandler, or rushing somewhere on third downs.

[/QUOTE]

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/arizona-cardinals/john-abraham/

Looks like $4.6 million for 2 years with 1 million guaranteed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not going to quote the above in the interests of posting economy (whatever the he11 that is).  I can see why you'd call Wilson a fail but I don't consider him that quite yet.  If he can't produce next year then, yes, he's a fail.

[/QUOTE]

LOL...i hear ya.  No, AW isn't a total failure ....yet. But, I'm thinking was he was signed on with the anticipation/expectation that he was going to be a significant boost for our secondary this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from m. a. pat. Show m. a. pat's posts

In response to anonymis's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not going to quote the above in the interests of posting economy (whatever the he11 that is).  I can see why you'd call Wilson a fail but I don't consider him that quite yet.  If he can't produce next year then, yes, he's a fail.

[/QUOTE]

LOL...i hear ya.  No, AW isn't a total failure ....yet. But, I'm thinking was he was signed on with the anticipation/expectation that he was going to be a significant boost for our secondary this year.

[/QUOTE]

Agree on A. Wilson being counted on for this year. Another year will only make him slower IMO.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

In response to m. a. pat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Agree on A. Wilson being counted on for this year. Another year will only make him slower IMO.

[/QUOTE]

Probably.  He had an alleged hamstring injury. Even though Ballard was picked up in a different fashion - he was a waste of BB's energy too. He ended up getting passed by guys like Sudfeld; who didn't even make the cut.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

At 4 million per?  Chris Jones has 5 sacks and leads all DL rookies in that category. I don't want losers on this team. There is a reason why Abraham always played for losers.

[/QUOTE]

I simply do not understand you? Are you simply stupid or just a blatant liar? You say Abe is making $4M per. That is a flat out lie. He is making $1M this year, and he signed a $1M signing bonus spread out over 2 years. So this year he is paid and counts against the cap $1.5M. Next year he will rcv the other half of his signing bonus, $500K, and the team will incur $500K in dead money. 

So which is it? Are you simply stupid or a blatant liar? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I simply do not understand you? Are you simply stupid or just a blatant liar? You say Abe is making $4M per. That is a flat out lie. He is making $1M this year, and he signed a $1M signing bonus spread out over 2 years. So this year he is paid and counts against the cap $1.5M. Next year he will rcv the other half of his signing bonus, $500K, and the team will incur $500K in dead money. 

[/QUOTE]

bump

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

bump

[/QUOTE]

That's what Reiss reported him to be asking in FA.  I have no idea what he signed for, but he did want to be more than subrusher which BB didn't want from Abraham or any player here at that age.

Freeney signed some stupid deal, too, with his career now over.

The fact is, some of these vets have massive egos and just go where they get the most money, which is what those guys did.

That's the point here, not what the final numbers are.   I actually think Carter, cheaper and arguably most versatile for this D works better for the team.  BB doesn't want a 3 down player who only cares about getting sacks. This is what you don't get with a BB D. If he sniffs out the player not to be coachable or a system fit, he passes. He just did it with Ed Reed for chrissakes.  

"Bump" mine, toolbag.

Get a reading comprehension class going for yourself.  

[/QUOTE]

what did we read incorrectly from your post Mr Liar?

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You can't throw a blanket statement out there like that. Some do want to play for Belichick, some couldn't care less. End of story.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

At 4 million per? Chris Jones has 5 sacks and leads all DL rookies in that category. I don't want losers on this team. There is a reason why Abraham always played for losers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

4 million per is what we paid washed up Shauin Ellis, it's NOT what Arizona is paying Abraham. You remember that fat tub of goo don't you? He was the guy you said we stole from the Jets and was going to help us win a Super Bowl, he was part of the never ending quest to replace Richard Seymore. You loved the move at the time (a cheaper alternative to Seymore...the warnings were out people). You said the same thing when we signed Fenene.

I guess my point is...you're dumb:)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

When did Carter lose that big ego that made him leave NE you use to post about and go for the big money elsewhere?  How was Bill able to see that his ego was gone when he's gotten the same money as Reed?  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Anyone who is a Home Ec teacher who says things like "would of" above, shouldn't be calling far more intelligent people "dumb".

lol

"would of"

This guy is a teacher, folks. A teacher. He thinks it is seriously "would of" instead of "would have".

Sad.

Tell us again how you wish BB did what the JEts did, Cupcake. bwahhaaha

[/QUOTE]

Forget your ADD meds again? You really seem to struggle to stay on topic when others make you look foolish.  

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

4 million per is what we paid washed up Shauin Ellis, it's NOT what Arizona is paying Abraham. You remember that fat tub of goo don't you? He was the guy you said we stole from the Jets and was going to help us win a Super Bowl, he was part of the never ending quest to replace Richard Seymore. You loved the move at the time (a cheaper alternative to Seymore...the warnings were out people). You said the same thing when we signed Fenene.

[/QUOTE]

Ellis was overpaid, yes.   The funny part was, BB could afford to overpay people off the lockout because everyone else was in a cap hell. It was beautiful to watch. Still is as we roll towards another division title with such brilliant roster allocations.

Ellis had little to do with Brady's 4th qtr meltdown in SB 46, though. That is what you seem to ignore.

[/QUOTE]

So, what you're saying is that Belichick had tons of money to spend on Ellis and dead money (20 mil) not because he begged Brady to re-do his deal creating back to back years of 22 mil cap hits, but becasue he was just so much smarter than everyone else coming out of the lockout?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

but why did you state Abes is playing for $4M per year, when he is playing for $1.5M this year, and will recieve $500K next year?

What does that have to do with Carter, Ellis or anyone Mr Deflection?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

but why did you state Abes is playing for $4M per year, when he is playing for $1.5M this year, and will recieve $500K next year?

That was his asking price at the time FA started and BB passed.  He ended up getting what he got in Arizona.

You want BB to chase down one trick ponies who have no interest in being a sub rusher or run responsibilities?

I don't. Freeney was another he wasn't interested in, I am sure once he heard what he wanted.

At the end of the day, I find it beyond comical BB just passed on Reed because he sniffed out an ego and Reed has no intentions of coming off the bench in his final years to be used in a better way.

The Jets are too stupid and desperate and Anonymis, the troll, somehow sets up this thread for you miserable, balding, fat turds to come on here and start laying your laundry lists of FA moves that had no effect at all on why Brady melted down with Welkie in SB 46.

That's what I know.

We're 7-2, will win the division and any non-FA move or FA move BB has made in the last 3 or 4 seasons will have very little to do with us winning a SB. It will be about Brady and the base  BB has built through the draft.

LAST TIME MORONS:

BB would prefer to build with a veteran group, but he wisely changed that recipe going into the lockout:

1. He had to.

2. He realized it would be what allows him to field quality teams not just for 2 years, but for 5+ years off the lockout.

I could see if his drafts and development of the fringe players has been poor, but it hasn't been. In fact, it's been quite  opposite.

Beyond pathetic at this point for you idiots to whine and focus on non-sensical players who weren't good enough to be here.  

I just watched Ed Reed play 59 snaps vs EJ Manuel, BB sniffs out the ego and passes, and somehow vets don't want to come here?

LAUGHABLE

Anonymis either rides a short bus or is a child.

[/QUOTE]

Did Bill pass on Reed?  Where is the link?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That was his asking price at the time FA started and BB passed.  He ended up getting what he got in Arizona.

You want BB to chase down one trick ponies who have no interest in being a sub rusher or run responsibilities?

I don't. Freeney was another he wasn't interested in, I am sure once he heard what he wanted.

At the end of the day, I find it beyond comical BB just passed on Reed because he sniffed out an ego and Reed has no intentions of coming off the bench in his final years to be used in a better way.

The Jets are too stupid and desperate and Anonymis, the troll, somehow sets up this thread for you miserable, balding, fat turds to come on here and start laying your laundry lists of FA moves that had no effect at all on why Brady melted down with Welkie in SB 46.

That's what I know.

We're 7-2, will win the division and any non-FA move or FA move BB has made in the last 3 or 4 seasons will have very little to do with us winning a SB. It will be about Brady and the base  BB has built through the draft.

LAST TIME MORONS:

BB would prefer to build with a veteran group, but he wisely changed that recipe going into the lockout:

1. He had to.

2. He realized it would be what allows him to field quality teams not just for 2 years, but for 5+ years off the lockout.

I could see if his drafts and development of the fringe players has been poor, but it hasn't been. In fact, it's been quite  opposite.

Beyond pathetic at this point for you idiots to whine and focus on non-sensical players who weren't good enough to be here.  

I just watched Ed Reed play 59 snaps vs EJ Manuel, BB sniffs out the ego and passes, and somehow vets don't want to come here?

LAUGHABLE

Anonymis either rides a short bus or is a child.

[/QUOTE]

so you saying Abes is making $4M this year, is really you saying that was his asking price when he was negotiating with BB earlier in the year? Is this what BB told you?

If Abes, as all vets in your opinion, signed with Ariz for $1.5M and not $4M as you said, did he give BB and the Pats a last call at $1.5M? He signed well before Carter...