Have the Patriots EVER had a Black Head coach or Starting / #1 back-up QB?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Have the Patriots EVER had a Black Head coach or Starting / #1 back-up QB?

What's going on Mr. Kraft? ( I don't blame Belichick, he likes Vick)
    I think most people consider Cleo Lemon and Mike Vick to be better players than O'Connell and Walters.
    What gives with the Patriots history in this regard?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

Re: Have the Patriots EVER had a Black Head coach or Starting / #1 back-up QB?

In Response to Have the Patriots EVER had a Black Head coach or Starting / #1 back-up QB?:
    [QUOTE]What's going on Mr. Kraft? ( I don't blame Belichick, he likes Vick) I think most people consider Cleo Lemon and Mike Vick to be better players than O'Connell and Walters. What gives with the Patriots history in this regard?
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

what are you saying?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsSoxCeltsNo1. Show PatsSoxCeltsNo1's posts

In Response to Have the Patriots EVER had a Black Head coach or Starting / #1 back-up QB?:
    [QUOTE]What's going on Mr. Kraft? ( I don't blame Belichick, he likes Vick) I think most people consider Cleo Lemon and Mike Vick to be better players than O'Connell and Walters. What gives with the Patriots history in this regard?

Have you ever heard of Michael Bishop or Rohan Davey you Moron

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Are you implying that Mr. Kraft is prejudice? You must be bored. To start this thread...wow. Get ready for some humble pie! I'll leave it to the experts that will follow this post. I just want to sit back and see this!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

DaCeltics, congrats on stupidest post of the season so far.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Personally, I never noticed before. I believe Belichick was his only coaching hire since owning the team, so no criticism there.
    ( Yet and still, the Patriots as an organization persistently lack diversity in leadership positions outside of the assistant coach category where Belichick has total command )

I always believed maybe Bishop and Davey were not good enough to be the #1 back-up, but I wonder now if Belichick is not making that call.

Especially with Walter being selected over Vick and Lemon. I mean, there is no comparison. In this case you are not selecting the best availabe back-up, clearly.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: Have the Patriots EVER had a Black Head coach or Starting / #1 back-up QB?:
    [QUOTE]DaCeltics, congrats on stupidest post of the season so far.
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE]

At least present an argument, no matter how much BS it contains.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dadairt666. Show Dadairt666's posts

Get over it! You sound like the racist one ranting that the Pats are prejudiced for not having black coaches/QBs. Get a life, seriously.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Once again, no argument to a legit question.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WCPatsFan. Show WCPatsFan's posts

who cares? skin color hirings are ridiculous. a team of white, black, brown, yellow,and whatever else won superbowls here. without guys like belichick, crennel, mcginest, law, brady, faulk, bruschi, harrison, etc we would have no championships.  It is what inside that counts. Heart. I dont care what color you are.

People that bring up skin color are either racist themselves or idiots

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

It's my belief that Mr. Kraft hired the best coach regardless of race. There is no point to this thread other than race baiting. You are foolish for posting it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

People who believe there are'nt glass ceilings put in place for people that are based on their heritage/prejudice and not their merit are foolish.

That's why the question demands an answer.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: Have the Patriots EVER had a Black Head coach or Starting / #1 back-up QB?:
    [QUOTE]Personally, I never noticed before. I believe Belichick was his only coaching hire since owning the team, so no criticism there. ( Yet and still, the Patriots as an organization persistently lack diversity in leadership positions outside of the assistant coach category where Belichick has total command ) I always believed maybe Bishop and Davey were not good enough to be the #1 back-up, but I wonder now if Belichick is not making that call. Especially with Walter being selected over Vick and Lemon. I mean, there is no comparison. In this case you are not selecting the best availabe back-up, clearly.

So let's assume (because our IQ is above 3) that Vick is being passed on because he's a convict and brings with him too much negative publicity.  That leaves only Lemon for your argument.  Who is saying Lemon is the best available QB?  You?  Are you privy to the Pats playbook and have access to their scouting department?  Do you know exactly what they are looking for?  Are you as good a judge of QB's as they are?  I think the NFL is well past the black QB stereotypes that prevented black QB's from getting a fair shot.  Why limit your question to only QB's?  When a white player isn't selected for a position dominated by African Americans, could there be more to it than he just wasn't good enough?

You can't possibly know why or why not any particular player is picked up or not, or why any particular player makes the roster or doesn't.  Heck, many of us were scratching our heads when someone as established and proven like Vrabel got traded.  If we can't figure out how Vrabel got sent out of town, how the heck can you know why someone like Lemon isn't picked up?

The race card should not be played without any substance at all.  Vick is a convict, and Lemon hardly has the credentials to make him the clear choice.  I think there was some debate amongst NFL analysts along this line when Culpepper and Leftwich remained unemployed, but Lemon?  Give us a break!  We don't know why Lemon was passed, but he's just one of a gazillion decisions we can't always figure out until gameday.  Then we say "in Bill we trust" because more often than not, he is right.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

[QUOTE]People who believe there are'nt glass ceilings put in place for people that are based on their heritage and not their merit are foolish. That's why the question demands an answer.

Your question is not legit. You can't possibly believe that Kraft tells Belichick who to keep or makes any roster decisions. Harley has you pegged as does everyone else. Reap the consequences of your dumb thread.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

You're avoiding. Lemon has better statistics and a better track record of performance than Walter. Look it up.

Vick , outside of his one big stupid mistake as an American, which he paid for (has'nt he?) has not made the same poor choices as a QB as say the partying Tony Romo (questionable leadership) during the playoffs.

In terms of playing football, his leadership/citizenship has never been questioned.

Unlike, say Bill Romanowski spitting in players faces among other things (very poor sportmanship/leadership).

Ryan Leaf anyone?

I could go on.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jackawala. Show Jackawala's posts

"People who believe there are'nt glass ceilings put in place for people that are based on their heritage/prejudice and not their merit are foolish.

That's why the question demands an answer."

You better tell that to Barney Fife Obama, I don't think he got the memo!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Romo and Romanowski? You really are grasping at straws aren't you. I'll tell you what's been questioned about Vick. He's ability to read and react to defenses. His accuracy throwing (lifetime qb rating of 75). His ability TO LEAD A TEAM TO VICTORY WHEN DOWN BY MORE THAN 2 SCORES LATE IN A GAME. You can have him. As a passer he suucks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I think you are unwise to judge a QB that way who has led his team to an NFC championship game.
    What has Brett Favre done before the Green Bay Packers ( Falcons QB ) and after?( Jets QB )

Nothing.

Would you conclude that Favre is dumb, having only been successful on 1 of 3 NFL teams?

Vick has only been with one NFL organization and  it has never been confused with the best the league has to offer.
    Still, he found success.

Favre has stunk without Green Bay a better run organization than the Falcons and Jets.

Vick found success where Favre didn't. That's a fact.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Vick found success where Favre didn't. That's a fact

What success? One NFC championship game that he lost? He got the Falcons there by running the ball out of the pocket in drop back passing situations. At least Favre has won a SB. That's a fact.  Vick has had NO SUCCESS passing the ball. That's a fact. Mr. Kraft does not make the decisions choosing players. That's a fact. Walter has not made the team yet. That's a fact. This thread is dumb. That's a fact. But I too was bored tonight. So I indulged in your little game tonight.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

[QUOTE]I think you are unwise to judge a QB that way who has led his team to an NFC championship game. What has Brett Favre done before the Green Bay Packers ( Falcons QB ) and after?( Jets QB ) Nothing. Would you conclude that Favre is dumb, having only been successful on 1 of 3 NFL teams? Vick has only been with one NFL organization and  it has never been confused with the best the league has to offer. Still, he found success. Favre has stunk without Green Bay a better run organization than the Falcons and Jets. Vick found success where Favre didn't. That's a fact.

The facts about how you perceive VICK to excel under the Patriots organization does have "theoretical" merit to it.  But what you still (as well as others) refuse to see, understand, digest...whatever the adjective is needed to be beaten into your thick skulls, IS that the Patriots way of PLAYING FOOTBALL does not suit Micheal Vick, just like it didn't suit Micheal Bishop!  The Patriots will ALWAYS utilize a drop back type QB and "scrambling" is not a QB characteristic that ranks high on thier list.  If you also notice the Pats direction...they are also going for TALLER QBs as well!

DaCeltics...also read my post on the "why aren't you outraged" post...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from richma7175. Show richma7175's posts

I had the same question. I ve been wanting a white cornerback my whole life in new england

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Why isn't Bob Kraft President of the United States?
    He took a team that was pretty much in the toilet (much like the situation we're in now) and made it the entity it is today? 
    He seems much more qualified than our current president.
    WHY?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

You're admitting that Favre was a loser without Green Bay. I'm not saying he's a loser, I love him.
    I'm trying to show how foolish it is to condemn Vick's abilities when he was more successful than one of the NFL's best ever with the same exact organization.

The sad fact is, and I love the Patriots. But they severely fall short when it comes to racial diversity in leadership roles in the organization(Head Coach, Personnell director, QB) and always have.

And they are'nt the only ones either.

To suggest that a non-caucasian has never been good enough to fill those roles is saying a mouthful about equality in corporate america.

Obama was not elected by rich corporate america(where much of this countries prejudiced ways persist), but humble colorblind working class patriotic americans.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

I hope white players are given a fair chance at all positions.( although they don't really seem to be the most neglected when it comes to landing a job) This thread is about prejudice and the appearance of such being detrimental to our beloved sports.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Favre was in Atlanta 17 years ago with different coaches, players, a totally different organization. Your argument is nonsensical.

Sections
Shortcuts