Have the Patriots EVER had a Black Head coach or Starting / #1 back-up QB?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Re: Have the Patriots EVER had a Black Head coach or Starting / #1 back-up QB?

Well at least he now understands that most of the posters on this board could give two Sh*ts what color the b/u QB is but we don't want to see a loser who isn't good enough for a team that finished with a one win season on the team let alone someone who can't see over the o-line,though Vick would make a good choice if the Patriots were thinking about going to the wildcat offense,but they aren't so there goes the possibility of seeing Vick in a Patriot Jersey playing for the Patriots however he can buy a Jersey at the gift shop at Kraft place.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2.. Show Tcal2.'s posts

Nauseating

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

In Response to Have the Patriots EVER had a Black Head coach or Starting / #1 back-up QB?:
    [QUOTE]What's going on Mr. Kraft? ( I don't blame Belichick, he likes Vick) I think most people consider Cleo Lemon and Mike Vick to be better players than O'Connell and Walters. What gives with the Patriots history in this regard?
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

You're really looking to create a controversy where there is none.  If Rohan Davey or Michael Bishop were better QB's than either Bledsoe or Brady, Belichick would have started them.  If Romeo Crennel was a better choice as HCOTNEP, Kraft would have chosen him over Bill.  Mike Vick is not a better option for the Patriots, and neither is Lemon, at least in the eyes of the guy in charge of putting a winner out on the field.  To suggest that his choices are based on race is just ignorant.   

As a black man, I am the first to let people know when they cross the line.  A lot of people tell me I'm being unreasonable at times.  But in this case, you're just wrong. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antleite. Show antleite's posts

BB is still adding and subtracting pieces (players) to the team. It's still very early to tell who will be on the final roster which may or may not include Lemon, Vick, Walter, etc. We’ll see what the final roster will be at the end of training camp.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

DaCeltics, you are an embarrassment to you avatar,and you are a racist.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from curlis. Show curlis's posts

i am Black and i gotta say stop with this BS post. this is not about race this is about money. question, what would you say about dungy regarding his backups and so on?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from spider2510. Show spider2510's posts

Who cares?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

I think the fact that the Patriots own the best winning percentage and the most Super Bowl wins for the decade allows us to deduce that the coaching staff does a pretty good job - guess who's a member of that coaching staff?  PEPPER JOHNSON.  Guess what race he is?  And you'll never guess what race our defensive coordinator was during our Super Bowl wins... Romeo Crennel (BLACK).

Just for kicks, COUNT THE NUMBER OF BLACK PEOPLE ON THE TEAM!!!!!  Or, better yet, COUNT THE WHITE PEOPLE ON THE TEAM!!!  Then TRY to tell me with a straight face that there's race discrepancy in the team's player evaluation.

Then go join the Black Panthers and intimidate voters in Philadelphia, you black militant.  By the way, I'm a minority, too - but not for one second did I think that the decision to have me play anywhere on the football field was affected by race (I started 8 out of the 11 years I played).  At the end of the day, a football coach wants to win, and the good ones put the right people at the right positions.  That you would refer to statistics alone in saying that Cleo Lemon was a "better" quarterback is ludicrous.  System experience counts, too.  Furthermore, stats don't reflect intangibles like situational intelligence or coachability or compatibility with the system.

Here's a number for your wild, affirmative action fantasies:
    Michael Vick's career completion percentage is 53.8% (FIFTY THREE PERCENT!!!!!!!!!!!!  THAT'S NOT WINNING FOOTBALL IF YOU'RE BLACK, BLUE, OR PURPLE!!!)
    -I'll be the first to tell you that Vick has already paid the price for his actions, but he shouldn't be GIFTED a spot on the Patriots' roster when he doesn't DESERVE IT based on solely football-related reasons.  He's a SCRAMBLER.  Our system calls for a POCKET PASSER who's intelligent enough to understand multiple formations and PATIENT enough to STAND AND DELIVER.

You're way out of your league.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WCPatsFan. Show WCPatsFan's posts

In Response to Re: Have the Patriots EVER had a Black Head coach or Starting / #1 back-up QB?:
    [QUOTE]People who believe there are'nt glass ceilings put in place for people that are based on their heritage/prejudice and not their merit are foolish. That's why the question demands an answer.

You are 100% right, a black man will NEVER be president LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

This is the stupidist post I have ever seen in this forum.  Dude, do yourself and everyone else a favor and don't post again until you have a real topic of substance to discuss. 

To present the race card against the Kraft family is like asking the pope if he believes in God! 

C'mon man! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

In Response to Have the Patriots EVER had a Black Head coach or Starting / #1 back-up QB?:
    [QUOTE]What's going on Mr. Kraft? ( I don't blame Belichick, he likes Vick) I think most people consider Cleo Lemon and Mike Vick to be better players than O'Connell and Walters. What gives with the Patriots history in this regard?

Being that there is an overly large ratio (i.e. more than their share) of blacks that comprise the current Patriots roster, I was thinking that, perhaps, there might be a larger ratio of Asians and Native Americans.  This, of course, would make the demographic pie perfect.  Of course, acting in this way would disrupt the "better player" rules that some fans might wish to implement.  What gives with world history in this regard?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In Response to Re: Have the Patriots EVER had a Black Head coach or Starting / #1 back-up QB?:
    [QUOTE]Personally, I never noticed before. I believe Belichick was his only coaching hire since owning the team, so no criticism there. ( Yet and still, the Patriots as an organization persistently lack diversity in leadership positions outside of the assistant coach category where Belichick has total command ) I always believed maybe Bishop and Davey were not good enough to be the #1 back-up, but I wonder now if Belichick is not making that call. Especially with Walter being selected over Vick and Lemon. I mean, there is no comparison. In this case you are not selecting the best availabe back-up, clearly.
    Bishop was on a team that only carried two QBs.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from emjake5236. Show emjake5236's posts

Bobby Grier was the GM prior to Belicheck coming in...I would say thats sort of a big deal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ward30. Show ward30's posts

"
    First: 11/21/2007
    Last: 8/5/2009
     " I am so tired of these clueless accusations about race. I don't believe anyone should get preferrential treatment because of skin color or ethnic background. Yet so many times we see this same thing against white Americans. If two people applied for a job at the postal service, one black and one white, the black candidate would have a 15 point advantage on the test...automatically. Likewise for a hispanic or asian candidate. Isn't that also racism? Why should anyone expect half the head coaches in the league to be black if (like has been stated) only 20% of the population is black? I don't even agree with the Rooney Rule. Not that I think black coaches shouldn't be considered, but I think teams should be able to interview whomever they want, and not waste time with trying to fill a "quota". These people who keep crying "discrimination" for every little perceived slight are only hurting their cause. Much like the boy who cried wolf, it desensitizes public opinion when a legitimate issue does happen. As for the guy who started this thread, he is either an idiot or a troll (or both). If you are that stupid not to comprehend the multitude of reasons the Patriots are not interested in Michael Vick by now, I guess there is no hope for you. Now if a team passed on Donovan McNabb to sign Joey Harrington I'd say you'd at least have an argument worth making. But both Cleo Lemon and Andrew Walter are afterthoughts, neither being a player who is likely to make a shred of difference on any team. Much less a team with the best QB (arguably) in NFL history!!! I'd like to put a question to DaCeltics. Would you approve of Mr. Kraft firing Belichick to hire someone like Marvin Lewis were he to lose his job in December? You would get your wish of a black head coach, though it would probably cost the team any hope of another Super Bowl! Please, let's end all the Vick debate. Even if he were white as a sheet, I'd still not want that sadistic, murderous, lying b a s t a r d anywhere near Foxboro! And I still would not p i s s on him if I passed him on the street and he was on fire! In four more days the preseason starts. I was hoping we could start discussing football again instead of these politically charged topics. Surely there must be a more appropriate forum for such discussions. And if anyone is truly that upset because NE didn't sign Vick (or any other player or coach simply because of their skin color), they are more than welcome to stop being fans (if they really were fans to start with) and follow a team that is, in your opinion, more "racially balanced"! And on your way out the door, "Don't let the knob hit ya where the Good Lord split ya"!!!!!"

Preach Preacher, thats exactly how i feel, but anytime I say it people call me a racist, but the fact is the league is being racist. Why should a team have to interview a set number of minority coaches. If they are the right guy for the job they will get a interview no matter what skin color they have. But if it comesdown to a black and white canidate, and the team chooses the white one, everyone cries racism and corruption. I cant take it anyomore. People don't realize that what the league is doing is RACISM .

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

A lot of posts means I am on to something. You guys "doth protest too much, methinks" - Shakespeares' Hamlet

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

If you're going to initiate a really dumbuseless debate, must your avatar be the greatest winner in the history of mankind? How about changing it to someone more appropriate for you...like Benoit Benjamin.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

[QUOTE]A lot of posts means I am on to something. You guys "doth protest too much, methinks" - Shakespeares' Hamlet

A lot of fire also means the building is on fire. 

Perhaps, you're cut-n-paste mentality has misplaced an, otherwise, very meaningful quotation?  Methinks.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

Preach Preacher, thats exactly how i feel, but anytime I say it people call me a racist, but the fact is the league is being racist. Why should a team have to interview a set number of minority coaches. If they are the right guy for the job they will get a interview no matter what skin color they have. But if it comesdown to a black and white canidate, and the team chooses the white one, everyone cries racism and corruption. I cant take it anyomore. People don't realize that what the league is doing is RACISM .
    Posted by ward30[/QUOTE]

I don't think this is true.  There was CLEARLY a lack of minority head coaches in the league prior to the Rooney rule and you can't say it was because they didn't deserve a shot.  The problem with the NFL, as is with corporate america in general is most people get jobs because they know somebody.  In most cases, you know people who are like you whether it be race, sex, political preference...whatever.  This is why people like Wade Phillips and Norv Turner keep getting jobs depite their terrible records.  It's not racist in the sense of "I'm not hiring him cause he's black" kinda way, but it is institutionalized racism.    If there wasn't a need for it, then the rule wouldn't exist. 

The same is true for affirmitive action.  In a perfect world, yeah everyone would be judged equally.  This isn't a perfect world though.  We have people who get into colleges because their rich mommy and daddy went to the same school...that's not fair.  Minorities (specifically blacks) have a hard time getting on an equal playing field because we start off with less.  Take a trip to the inner city of your state and spend sometime there.  Look at the neighborhoods we live in, the schools we attend, the facilities available to us.  No way in the world you can say things are even.  That is why there is a need for affirmitive action policies.  It suhks, but that's the world we live in.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Guys like DuhCeltics only harm the causes they seek to promote.  There are people fighting for equality and diversity in very meaningful, persevering, and intelligent ways.  They probably cringe when someone like DuhCeltics joins the cause to "help" them.  What DuhCeltics did was abuse the cause.  He wants Vick to join the Pats.  He's not getting his way so now he's going to raise the race card.  This is not the work of someone trying to promote diversity, this is the work of a racist a&hole.  DuhCeltics probably created a few racists with his moronic logic.

He's getting a lot of posts because we all have a tendency to jump on an inflammatory thread, which this is.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I agree that when the Rooney rule was installed there was a lack (or probably a better term would be disproportionate percentage) of minority head coaches. But that is simply not the case any more. Also, forcing someone to interview someone based on their race does not mean they are going to get hired. If an owner wants a specific guy, he will hire him whether he has to interview one candidate or twenty! And while affirmitive action was a good idea back in the 60s, it has outlived it's usefulness. A poor white kid has just as much trouble getting into college as a poor black kid. That is why they have financial aid. To mandate that a set percentage of students be "minorities" regardless of qualifications is BS to me, though. If you have four kids, one white, one black, one Hispanic, and one Asian, and all of them equally poor, why should any one get an advantage over the other? They should be allowed in by qualifications then such as GPA, SAT scores, etc. Yet they will take the minorities in whatever order that is "lacking" at their facility. Or in some cases they will give "bonus points" based on minority status (such as I referred to in the case of the US Postal Service). That is what I see as unfair. The same should apply to jobs as well. The most qualified candidate should get the job, yet many companies will hire a less qualified person merely to keep their "minority quota". That is not "leveling the playing field", it is skewing it to the side of the minorities. I am as much against discrimination as anyone, but it does go both ways.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fargo. Show Fargo's posts

Legit answer: my guess is, there's no reason other than coincidence. If the best coach and best QB, back-up or starter, were black, he'd hire them. 

How's that? 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

[QUOTE]I agree that when the Rooney rule was installed there was a lack (or probably a better term would be disproportionate percentage) of minority head coaches. But that is simply not the case any more. Also, forcing someone to interview someone based on their race does not mean they are going to get hired. If an owner wants a specific guy, he will hire him whether he has to interview one candidate or twenty! And while affirmitive action was a good idea back in the 60s, it has outlived it's usefulness. A poor white kid has just as much trouble getting into college as a poor black kid. That is why they have financial aid. To mandate that a set percentage of students be "minorities" regardless of qualifications is BS to me, though. If you have four kids, one white, one black, one Hispanic, and one Asian, and all of them equally poor, why should any one get an advantage over the other? They should be allowed in by qualifications then such as GPA, SAT scores, etc. Yet they will take the minorities in whatever order that is "lacking" at their facility. Or in some cases they will give "bonus points" based on minority status (such as I referred to in the case of the US Postal Service). That is what I see as unfair. The same should apply to jobs as well. The most qualified candidate should get the job, yet many companies will hire a less qualified person merely to keep their "minority quota". That is not "leveling the playing field", it is skewing it to the side of the minorities. I am as much against discrimination as anyone, but it does go both ways.
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on most of your points, but the one thing I don't agree with is the programs have run its course.  Let's say the NFL ends the Rooney Rule tomorrow.  Who's to say things won't go back to the way they were?  If it does, do we again adopt the Rooney rule?  It's not doing any harm at all by having it in.  There is no maximum number of candidates an owner can interview.  It's not like because they HAVE to interview Mike Tomlinson they can't interview Mike Shanahan.  The rule is clearly, succesfully working, so why get rid of it?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

You are a moron, no need to make an argument you are just stupid.

First of all not only do we have plenty of black people on this football team but guys liek Moss came with bagage and we still signed them. Rohan Davey was the last black QB we had.

You have also shown yourself to be a fair weather fan, if you knew anything about the Bob Kraft era of football you would know that he hired Pete Carol to be the head coach in the late 90'2 before signing Belichick but clearly you only became a fan after 2001 and thats why you didnt know that. You are an idiot.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Guys like DuhCeltics only harm the causes they seek to promote.  There are people fighting for equality and diversity in very meaningful, persevering, and intelligent ways.  They probably cringe when someone like DuhCeltics joins the cause to "help" them.  What DuhCeltics did was abuse the cause.  He wants Vick to join the Pats.  He's not getting his way so now he's going to raise the race card.  This is not the work of someone trying to promote diversity, this is the work of a racist a&hole.  DuhCeltics probably created a few racists with his moronic logic. He's getting a lot of posts because we all have a tendency to jump on an inflammatory thread, which this is.  
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

+1

He seems to be the Al Sharpton of BDC.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukebusy. Show lukebusy's posts

Why stop at the Pats.  I don't think the Bruins have ever had a black head coach.  Maybe we should tell Prof. Gates.  He will know what to do.

Sections
Shortcuts