Have the Patriots EVER had a Black Head coach or Starting / #1 back-up QB?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sonieboy. Show sonieboy's posts

Re: Have the Patriots EVER had a Black Head coach or Starting / #1 back-up QB?

In Response to Re: Have the Patriots EVER had a Black Head coach or Starting / #1 back-up QB?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have the Patriots EVER had a Black Head coach or Starting / #1 back-up QB? : The facts about how you perceive VICK to excel under the Patriots organization does have "theoretical" merit to it.  But what you still (as well as others) refuse to see, understand, digest...whatever the adjective is needed to be beaten into your thick skulls, IS that the Patriots way of PLAYING FOOTBALL does not suit Micheal Vick, just like it didn't suit Micheal Bishop!  The Patriots will ALWAYS utilize a drop back type QB and "scrambling" is not a QB characteristic that ranks high on thier list.  If you also notice the Pats direction...they are also going for TALLER QBs as well! DaCeltics...also read my post on the "why aren't you outraged" post...
    Posted by mrtm70[/QUOTE]Have you ever heard the old saying that you can always tell a fool but you can't tell them much. Case in point.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

Have you noticed the Patriots have three Superbowl wins and the best record of any team since 2000? Do you know why? It's because Bill and the rest of the staff pick the best players to stay on the team. They do not however use a color chart to fill in the roster. If that is the standard you want to use then lets use it on the NBA and get some diversity there! Oh that would be racist wouldn't it? Get a life dude and get over the racial slant on everything, please!

Go Pats!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 13lucky. Show 13lucky's posts

I hope I'm never as much of a racist as DaCeltics. And I know I never will be.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eddyd08. Show Eddyd08's posts

In Response to Re: Have the Patriots EVER had a Black Head coach or Starting / #1 back-up QB?:
    [QUOTE]Kobe recovered from a rape accusation. Big Ben, too. He killed a bunch of dogs, and that's bad. But crimes against human beings are worse, let's not get it twisted people.
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

I do agree with your there. Is like if you comitt a criem against a human is less in the publics eyes, if you comitt a crime against an animal is worse. Thats just wrong. Fine i do agree killing an animal is wrong but when Organizations like PETA make it seem worse and put the animal above the human thats where i draw the line.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Let's say the NFL ends the Rooney Rule tomorrow.  Who's to say things won't go back to the way they were?  If it does, do we again adopt the Rooney rule?  It's not doing any harm at all by having it in.  There is no maximum number of candidates an owner can interview.  It's not like because they HAVE to interview Mike Tomlinson they can't interview Mike Shanahan. 

I'm not so sure the rule itself is the real reason there are more black coaches in the league today. I should have been clearer when I said "run it's course", as I meant the affirmative action programs from 40 years ago. It just seems to me if a team is set on "Shanahan" (or any particular coach, for that matter), they will likely hire him no matter who they interview. In such a case the minority candidate will only be asked in as a "courtesy", thus wasting both his and the team's time. Personally, I would hire (if I were a GM) Mike Tomlin before I'd hire Shanahan, Cowher, Norv, Wade, or just about any white coach (other than BB were he available). Owners should be able to discern this for themselves (if they have a brain). If they are truly hiring based on race, the rule will not change that. I would hope the success of guys like Tomlin, Dungy, Lovie, and such would convince them that these coaches are as good as most white coaches, and better than many.

He seems to be the Al Sharpton of BDC.

At least Sharpton started out with good intentions. This Celtics guy is merely trolling, trying to create controversy right from the start!

Why stop at the Pats.  I don't think the Bruins have ever had a black head coach.  Maybe we should tell Prof. Gates.  He will know what to do.

The entire NHL could probably be considered "racist" using DaCeltic's criterea! He should focus on "desegregating" hockey!!!

If that is the standard you want to use then lets use it on the NBA and get some diversity there! Oh that would be racist wouldn't it? Get a life dude and get over the racial slant on everything, please!

Good point! We need more 5'9" white guys in the NBA. But you are right, if someone suggested that this guy would be all over them with an entire deck of "racist cards"!!!

I do agree with your there. Is like if you comitt a criem against a human is less in the publics eyes, if you comitt a crime against an animal is worse. Thats just wrong. Fine i do agree killing an animal is wrong but when Organizations like PETA make it seem worse and put the animal above the human thats where i draw the line.

You are missing the guy's point! He is suggesting that if Vick were white we would "forgive" him for the animal abuse. But he is wrong. If it were Tom Brady or Peyton Manning who committed these sadistic acts I wouldn't want them on my favorite team, either! And nobody has ever stated that torturing and/or killing humans would be acceptable. This is simply a line of BS trotted out by the Vick supporters to try and discredit those of us who think he is a scumbag! I wouldn't want Stallworth, Little (if he's still in the league), or any of the wife-beaters from Cincinatti or Pittsburgh joining my team, either!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

Typical race baiting. I just watched Rome Is Burning and one of the guests stated. He didn't know why T.O. had problems in SF, Philly and Dallas but if he has problems in Buffalo it WILL be because of racism. Race baiting. It's one of the tenets of Obamaism. Get used to it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

What the f*ck does Obama have to do with this moron beign a moron on a sports forum? go to CNN.com if you want to talk about Obama this is s sports forum. The off season is over, training camp is here so anything other then football talk is for teh birds so beat it you right wing D bag.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tartarus12. Show tartarus12's posts

Cry me a river

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

You are a clown, a right wing clown

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsSoxCeltsNo1. Show PatsSoxCeltsNo1's posts

Why are racists like DaCeltics even allowed to post on here?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]Typical race baiting. I just watched Rome Is Burning and one of the guests stated. He didn't know why T.O. had problems in SF, Philly and Dallas but if he has problems in Buffalo it WILL be because of racism. Race baiting. It's one of the tenets of Obamaism. Get used to it.
    Posted by tartarus12[/QUOTE]

That has to be one of the dumbest statements made on this board.

I'd ask for an explanation as to why you write this, but I am apprehensive that you would actually answer and I don't want to be exposed to your thought processes any more than I have to.

Can I just call you names instead?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]You are a clown, a right wing clown
    Posted by Harleyroadking111[/QUOTE]

This is how I have always pictured Rush. He seems so happy. Must be the Vicodin. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking111. Show Harleyroadking111's posts

Today the two American women being held in North Korea were released with help from Bill Clinton. On Rushs' radio program he asked if Bill tried to hit on them. That's the toxic state the right have put themselves in. Two Americans were being held captive not democrats.... Americans. Rush is the biggest buffoon in America and it's beyond me why anyone listens to him.

There my 2 cents on politics go Pats

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Racist is basically believing that people from other man-made racial divisions are not as moral, intelligent or honorable as the group you identify yourself with.

You don't know my race so how can you call me a racist? That's pretty dumb.
    Unless your assuming I'm not White because White folks don't give a damn about a topic like this?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

DaCeltics- Maybe you should write a letter to Robert Kraft expressing your displeasure regarding racial equality on the Patriots.... Than do the same with the Celtics owner and Bruins owner.....

You need to make sure you are equal with what you do!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hoier. Show Hoier's posts

I can tell you the team could not give a flying f**k about race.  The only thing they care about is getting the best people on the team.  We have taken on other team's malcontent's (Moss) who turned it around here.  We have had Players and coaches from many ethnic and racial backround including our quaterbacks.

What Vick has don with is fairly horific (SP?), and is something I would be uncomfortable with. However he did his time.   Ths issues are ability, distractions from the team, does the team character facade take a fatal hit, etc etc.  Race is NOT the issue

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bchan89. Show bchan89's posts

In Response to Have the Patriots EVER had a Black Head coach or Starting / #1 back-up QB?:
    [QUOTE]What's going on Mr. Kraft? ( I don't blame Belichick, he likes Vick) I think most people consider Cleo Lemon and Mike Vick to be better players than O'Connell and Walters. What gives with the Patriots history in this regard?

Bobby Grier was the personal department for pete carrol one of the Darkest eras in the history of pats, terrible draft picks!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Racist is basically believing that people from other man-made racial divisions are not as moral, intelligent or honorable as the group you identify yourself with. You don't know my race so how can you call me a racist? That's pretty dumb. Unless your assuming I'm not White because White folks don't give a damn about a topic like this?

You still haven't explained how Vick's 53.8% completion rate somehow helps a team at the quarterback position AND how a lifetime scrambler who had a hard time throwing anything but flood routes could somehow comprehend our complicated, world class offense and magically become a pocket passer.  By the way, his career quarterback rating is 75 and he barely has more touchdowns than interceptions.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JokerLivininVA. Show JokerLivininVA's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Have the Patriots EVER had a Black Head coach or Starting / #1 back-up QB? : Bobby Grier was the personal department for pete carrol one of the Darkest eras in the history of pats, terrible draft picks!
    Posted by bchan89[/QUOTE]

Just to add to bchan89 note, remember Bobby Grier headed the Personnel Department that Mr. Kraft gave over 6 million dollars to for Scouting and Research (which at the time was a TON of cash for Scouting and Personnel staff).  Also Mr. Kraft sided with Bobby Grier when the Patriots Personnel Department overrulled Bill Parcells and took Terry Glenn in the Draft, issuing the infamous "They won't let me by the Groceries" comment from Parcells.

Also Mr. Kraft and his son wrote glowing recommendation letters to the Lerner Family for Romeo Crennel and Mr. Kraft himself along with Belichick spent over 2 hours on the phone with the Lerner's giving them their verbal (along with the written) recommendations for Crennel to get the job in Cleveland.  Granted Mr. Lerner and his family probably want to ring the Patriots necks for that recommendation along with the Board of Trustees at Notre Dame for Charlie Weiss, but you do not put forth that much effort in recommending someone that you have a racial bias against.

It just does not make sense.

Trust me, if Bill Belichick retires tomorrow (Hopefully he will not anytime soon) I feel that Romeo Crennel will be a on the Short List of Candidates for the Head Coaching position with the Patriots out of the respect the Kraft family has for him.

Just my two cents!!!

Go Pats !!! Let Brady play 3 Quarters against the Redskins in the 3rd Preseason Game and feel free to throw long, deep and score often.  Would love to see the look on Dan Synder's face if they did that in FedEx. !!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from antleite. Show antleite's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have the Patriots EVER had a Black Head coach or Starting / #1 back-up QB? : You still haven't explained how Vick's 53.8% completion rate somehow helps a team at the quarterback position AND how a lifetime scrambler who had a hard time throwing anything but flood routes could somehow comprehend our complicated, world class offense and magically become a pocket passer.  By the way, his career quarterback rating is 75 and he barely has more touchdowns than interceptions.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

I'll tell you how Vick will help. If signed he will be in a "complicated, world class offense and magically become a pocket passer" and not the mediocre, sub-par Atlanta Falcons franchise he use to play for during his tenure. It's not that difficult to see the difference as you pointed out yourself. Vick will be coming in with motivation through the roof to show he is still an NFL caliber QB.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmartins16. Show bmartins16's posts

Black QB's are not as smart as white QB's to read defenses, check off, pick up audibles. 

I have no problem with black folks. Heck, some of my black friends even say Vick, T-Jack, Cleo, Leftwich, cannot read defenses because they are not as smart as white qb's.  They may make for better athletes but that is half the battle.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmartins16. Show bmartins16's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have the Patriots EVER had a Black Head coach or Starting / #1 back-up QB? : This is how I have always pictured Rush. He seems so happy. Must be the Vicodin. 
    Posted by EnochRoot[/QUOTE]

I am surprised you didn't post Ted Kennedy leaving the scene of an accident holding a PBR! Oh wait, you left wing fools always seem to neglect your own ideological flaws.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from N2thaIzzo. Show N2thaIzzo's posts

[QUOTE]Black QB's are not as smart as white QB's to read defenses, check off, pick up audibles.  I have no problem with black folks. Heck, some of my black friends even say Vick, T-Jack, Cleo, Leftwich, cannot read defenses because they are not as smart as white qb's.  They may make for better athletes but that is half the battle.
    Posted by bmartins16[/QUOTE]

(leave it alone N2thaIzzo...leave it alone.  He doesn't know any better)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bmartins16. Show bmartins16's posts

How many black QB's ever won a superbowl?  1 black qb. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"How many black QB's ever won a superbowl?  1 black qb."

In order to win a Super Bowl, you first have to be in it ( I'm brilliant ). If your defense is poor, you're not going to qualify. The color of your QB doesn't matter. Nor does his ability to read defenses. A lot of great white QBs never got to the Super Bowl or flopped when they did. Anyway, as I recall, that one black QB did a pretty good job of reading defenses in that one Super Bowl. Scoring 12 million points or something like that in the first half.

Sections
Shortcuts