Have the Patriots EVER had a Black Head coach or Starting / #1 back-up QB?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from will71. Show will71's posts

Re: Have the Patriots EVER had a Black Head coach or Starting / #1 back-up QB?

In Response to Re: Have the Patriots EVER had a Black Head coach or Starting / #1 back-up QB?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have the Patriots EVER had a Black Head coach or Starting / #1 back-up QB? : what the hell did he just say?
    Posted by N2thaIzzo[/QUOTE]

what I just said was that afro american coaches already exsist and have thrived within the patriot organization and have even moved on for head coaching jobs. most of what I wrote was very sarcastic in nature like sure the patriots may or may not bring in vick not because he black but maybe for the obvious truth of flaw character. Just as if we wouldnt bring TO in to our camp cause hes a cancer and just happens to be black. But to Lable this organiztion as a racist bunch is absurd, the current organization has members of the staff that have been with the patriots for more then 30 years combined. my point is diversity starts with what you bring to the field and not what color of your skin is. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

In Response to Have the Patriots EVER had a Black Head coach or Starting / #1 back-up QB?:
    [QUOTE]What's going on Mr. Kraft? ( I don't blame Belichick, he likes Vick) I think most people consider Cleo Lemon and Mike Vick to be better players than O'Connell and Walters. What gives with the Patriots history in this regard?
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

Sad little bugboy will you ever give up with your dumb racism accusations? Is it time for you to come up with a phony story about witnessing racism like the dumb stunt you tried on the Sox board?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

In Response to Re: Have the Patriots EVER had a Black Head coach or Starting / #1 back-up QB?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Have the Patriots EVER had a Black Head coach or Starting / #1 back-up QB? : Massachusetts is a racist state, but gay friendly!
    Posted by BostonDad99[/QUOTE]

Here we go with you answering your own posts with a second phony boston sports fan handle. pathetic little bug.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from will71. Show will71's posts

[QUOTE]Can I just say one thing?  And let me preface this by saying in no way shape, form, or fashion do I consider The Krafts to be racist, or the Patriots organization as a racist organization.  I think the fact that this topic got 6 pages of post just shows how bored people are (I'm guilty too). Now.  People the question is have they ever had a black head coach or #1 or back up qb.  By coming in and stating Romeo Crennel, Bobby Grier, Pepper Johnson or whoever else has been named proves no point at all because none of them were HEAD COACHES.  I get the point you are trying to prove, but it does nothing to answer the question.  Also, people are saying we have black players.  So what?  If Kraft and the Pats WERE racist (and again... I don't think they are at all) but IF the were... that doesn't mean they wouldn't hire black players.  Slave owners were racist and they had blacks around.  If you think about it, the players are actually the "slaves" of the NFL.  Didn't Marge Schott or whatever her name was employ blacks?  Don't know why I felt the need to type this, but I did...  guess I'm just bored.
    Posted by N2thaIzzo[/QUOTE]

so what are you saying bill bellicheck and the krafts have slaves what the hell yea i am sure during the inteview for defensive cordinator bill was like hmmmmm yeah this guy does know what hes doing but hes black????? how would bill bellicheck answer this post that you have here? somthing like " are you serious?" come on next question.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from will71. Show will71's posts

[QUOTE]Personally, I never noticed before. I believe Belichick was his only coaching hire since owning the team, so no criticism there. ( Yet and still, the Patriots as an organization persistently lack diversity in leadership positions outside of the assistant coach category where Belichick has total command ) I always believed maybe Bishop and Davey were not good enough to be the #1 back-up, but I wonder now if Belichick is not making that call. Especially with Walter being selected over Vick and Lemon. I mean, there is no comparison. In this case you are not selecting the best availabe back-up, clearly.

this is why we talk about jullis peppers and boby grier because when you say persistently you characterize the team as racist over a large period of time thus coaches such as peppers, corrnel would not be fathemable even if they were not HEAD COACHES 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Well, well. Isn't this a hot topic? Don't write it off as boredom.
    Admit you have doubts creeping in that you trying to fight off.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have the Patriots EVER had a Black Head coach or Starting / #1 back-up QB? : what I just said was that afro american coaches already exsist and have thrived within the patriot organization and have even moved on for head coaching jobs. most of what I wrote was very sarcastic in nature like sure the patriots may or may not bring in vick not because he black but maybe for the obvious truth of flaw character. Just as if we wouldnt bring TO in to our camp cause hes a cancer and just happens to be black. But to Lable this organiztion as a racist bunch is absurd, the current organization has members of the staff that have been with the patriots for more then 30 years combined. my point is diversity starts with what you bring to the field and not what color of your skin is. 
    Posted by will71[/QUOTE]

Some people say that email and text messaging have enhanced communication.

This post is evidence that it is not true for every case.

I think he has written some kind of ransom note. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

this is why we talk about jullis peppers and boby grier because when you say persistently you characterize the team as racist over a large period of time thus coaches such as peppers, corrnel would not be fathemable even if they were not HEAD COACHES 

I don't know who "Jullis Peppers" is. There is JULIUS Peppers, but he is a player for the Panthers. Then there is PEPPER Johnson, who is a long time Patriots assistant coach. You really should try looking things up (and possibly investing in some sort of spell check) before posting! Though we appreciate your support, you are weakening our position with ignorance.

Whether you want to admit it or not, boredom is the main reason threads like this get any attention. If there were actual games going on you would only get responses from other trolls and those who like to spar with them. And the only doubts we have are ones of your intelligence (or lack thereof), and your motives. Either you are simply trolling to get a reaction (possibly because no one in the real world wants to interact with you), or you are a complete moron who is deluded.

Some people say that email and text messaging have enhanced communication.

The only way these have enhanced communication is that now any idiot can put his (or her) opinion out there, and people won't walk away laughing before they can finish! Not a "step forward", IMO, either!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

No....it's DEFINITELY boredom.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

I realize that this post is, in itself, a part of the problem, but I am getting jolly well tired of listening to all the self-righteous troll haters in here who get all bent out of shape about people ruining our forum, and then I wake up to seven pages of this idiot.

Why are you feeding this dope?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhwynter. Show nhwynter's posts

[QUOTE]Personally, I never noticed before. I believe Belichick was his only coaching hire since owning the team, so no criticism there. ( Yet and still, the Patriots as an organization persistently lack diversity in leadership positions outside of the assistant coach category where Belichick has total command ) I always believed maybe Bishop and Davey were not good enough to be the #1 back-up, but I wonder now if Belichick is not making that call. Especially with Walter being selected over Vick and Lemon. I mean, there is no comparison. In this case you are not selecting the best availabe back-up, clearly.

First of all.  Romeo Crennel wasn't an Assistant coach. He was the Defensive Coordinator. Assistant Coaches are typically below the positional coaches on the pecking order.  Pepper Johnson has been the D-line coach for ages, not because Belichick has refused to promote him, but because Johnson wants the position.  Floyd Reese is currently the one doing the contracts for the Patriots.  He has the title of Senior Advisor.  Reese is black, btw. 

Next, Michael Vick isn't a real QB and its debatable whether Cleo Lemon is better than Andrew Walter (no S on the end of his name, btw).  Walter has a much better pedigree, but was stuck on a horrible team for 3 years.  Also, when it came to Vick, I am fairly certain that Kraft put the kabosh on that one because he doesn't want to deal with the media firestorm that surrounds Vick. As for Lemon, you don't know how he did in his interview or with the film review.  If he didn't do well, why should the Pats sign him?

Lastly, there is so much diversity on the Patriots its just dum to say otherwise.  Not only that, people should be hired on their qualifications, NOT their skin color.  This is the 21st century.  Not the 1960's.  Also, there is a lot more that goes into hiring a person than just their skin color.  You have to know that you can work with them for LONG hours and be on the same page. If you can't, then their skin color doesn't matter. 

Posting nonsense like you have is irresponsible.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhwynter. Show nhwynter's posts

[QUOTE]People who believe there are'nt glass ceilings put in place for people that are based on their heritage/prejudice and not their merit are foolish. That's why the question demands an answer.

The question doesn't demand an answer unless you are implying that Kraft is racist. If you are implying that, what is your actual proof?   So far, the only one who has presented himself as racist is yourself. 

Are there glass ceilings?  Yep.  For EVERYONE.  That's the nature of Corporate America.  The guy above you doesn't want you to replace him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhwynter. Show nhwynter's posts

[QUOTE]You're avoiding. Lemon has better statistics and a better track record of performance than Walter. Look it up. [/Quote]

Why does Lemon have better statistics? Because he played on better teams to begin with. That is something you conveniently forget. 

[QUOTE]Vick , outside of his one big stupid mistake as an American , which he paid for (has'nt he?) has not made the same poor choices as a QB as say the partying Tony Romo (questionable leadership) during the playoffs. In terms of playing football, his leadership/citizenship has never been questioned. Unlike, say Bill Romanowski spitting in players faces among other things (very poor sportmanship/leadership). Ryan Leaf anyone? I could go on.

Vick is a horrible QB. LOOK IT UP (56% career completion %). Vick relies on his legs not his brain to get things done.  And, NO, Vick hasn't paid for his crimes.  He still owes hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines and court costs. LOOK IT UP.

You could go on and on, but you'd just prove to everyone that you are throwing stuff at a wall and hoping it sticks... The Bill Romanowski reference is a perfect example.  Since you brought it up, I'll counter with Albert Haynesworth stepping on the head of Andre Gurode.

BTW, I find it absolutely hilarious that you've gone from talking about the Patriots to having to pull references from all around the league in a pathetic attempt to prove your point.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhwynter. Show nhwynter's posts

[QUOTE]I think you are unwise to judge a QB that way who has led his team to an NFC championship game. What has Brett Favre done before the Green Bay Packers ( Falcons QB ) and after?( Jets QB ) Nothing. Would you conclude that Favre is dumb, having only been successful on 1 of 3 NFL teams? Vick has only been with one NFL organization and  it has never been confused with the best the league has to offer. Still, he found success. Favre has stunk without Green Bay a better run organization than the Falcons and Jets. Vick found success where Favre didn't. That's a fact.

No, its not fact.  Its your very narrowly defined opinion. 

Your example of Brett Favre is laughable, at best.  First, Favre was a rookie with the Falcons.  He appeared in 2 games and was 0/4 on attempts.  That is hardly a fair comparison to Vick.  In fact, its comparing apples to oranges.

As for Favre in New York.  They still put up a winning record. 

Vick's LIFETIME completion % is only 53.6%.  Favre's is over 61%. 

There is no comparison.  Heck, Vick makes Terry Bradshaw look like Peyton Manning. f

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Black QB's are not as smart as white QB's to read defenses, check off, pick up audibles.  I have no problem with black folks. Heck, some of my black friends even say Vick, T-Jack, Cleo, Leftwich, cannot read defenses because they are not as smart as white qb's.  They may make for better athletes but that is half the battle.
    Posted by bmartins16[/QUOTE]

Now *that's* racist

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

In Response to Have the Patriots EVER had a Black Head coach or Starting / #1 back-up QB?:
    [QUOTE]What's going on Mr. Kraft? ( I don't blame Belichick, he likes Vick) I think most people consider Cleo Lemon and Mike Vick to be better players than O'Connell and Walters. What gives with the Patriots history in this regard?

Hey thanks RACIST for spouting your trash on this board.....

YES they have, just a few years ago they had a guy named Rohan Davey (sp?).....   I am sure that they are sorry that they now have an "ALL-WORLD" QB who happens to be white.... but GET OVER IT- BIGGOT!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhwynter. Show nhwynter's posts

[QUOTE]You're admitting that Favre was a loser without Green Bay. I'm not saying he's a loser, I love him. I'm trying to show how foolish it is to condemn Vick's abilities when he was more successful than one of the NFL's best ever with the same exact organization. [/quote]

It is only your uneducated and terribly biased opinion that Vick has been successful.  You clearly measure success in a way that no one else does.  Otherwise, it would be clear that VICK has been a failure, over-all and that his one appearance in the NFC Championship was more a fluke than anything else.
    I will give Vick some credit.  He only had ONE losing season out of six and won 38 of 66 contests for a .575 win %.  Favre, by comparison, won 169 out of 269 contests.  That is a .628 win %. Favre also appeared in 2SBs, winning one.  And Favre also appeared in 3 NFC Comference Championships, winning 2 of them.

No matter how you cut it, Favre will always have been more successful than Vick.

The sad fact is, and I love the Patriots. But they severely fall short when it comes to racial diversity in leadership roles in the organization(Head Coach, Personnell director, QB) and always have. And they are'nt the only ones either. To suggest that a non-caucasian has never been good enough to fill those roles is saying a mouthful about equality in corporate america. [/quote]

[QUOTE]Obama was not elected by rich corporate america(where much of this countries prejudiced ways persist), but humble colorblind working class patriotic americans.

You're right.  Obama wasn't elected by Rich Corporate America.  Corporations don't actually vote.  They pay for advertisements.  And Your an idiot if you believe that the $600 million plus that Obama raised all came from the recession hit citizens of the United States.  In fact, there have been questions raised as to where that money came from. But that is not a part of this discussion.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhwynter. Show nhwynter's posts

[QUOTE]Well, well. Isn't this a hot topic? Don't write it off as boredom. Admit you have doubts creeping in that you trying to fight off.

That's just it. If you were intelligent enough to have actually read the responses to you, you'd know that no one has doubts about the Krafts hiring practices. 

What is also not in doubt is the racism you are trying to perpetuate.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Bill Belichick is black. He dyes his skin white because he has vitiligo.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

There is no truth to this, DaCeltics. Mr. Kraft has a black butler, a chaueffeur, and personal masseur. How can you possibly say that Michael Vick has more talent than the great Andrew Walter????

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

I think Obama was the back up to Steve Grogan before he decided that the hits he would take in politics wouldn't be as painful as the ones received on the football field.Come on man,be real.Put the racist trumpet down and learn to play a new tune.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Have the Patriots EVER had a Black Head coach or Starting / #1 back-up QB? : There is no truth to this, DaCeltics. Mr. Kraft has a black butler, a chaueffeur, and personal masseur. How can you possibly say that Michael Vick has more talent than the great Andrew Walter????
    Posted by BostonBobBlowhard[/QUOTE]

And one personal satisfaction assistant named Boston Bob, who by the way, blows hard.  What a freaking nut case!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Who cares...as long as the Pats continue to excel.  Didn't they sign QB Cleo Lemon last week? Take this bs to a political forum, and go whine racism there. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Have the Patriots EVER had a Black Head coach or Starting / #1 back-up QB? :   And one personal satisfaction assistant named Boston Bob, who by the way, blows hard.  What a freaking nut case!
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Bob works hard for the money.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

So, someone else wants to perpetuate racism by engaging in racial profiling. Good job DaCeltics. It is folks like you that make America what it is today!