Have the Patriots now moved on from Brandon Lloyd?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Have the Patriots now moved on from Brandon Lloyd?

While I thought he would be back fairly quickly at a cheaper deal, I'm begining to wonder if the Patriots door is now shut on him.  With the signing of Jenkins and Edelman still out there waiting to possibly come back, and they still have a offer out on Sanders.  The WR roster is getting pretty full so now I'm not so sure he comes back.  Maybe if they don't get Sanders they may bring him back if he is still around at that time.

Possible landing spots for Lloyd.. Bears, Broncos, Falcons, 49'ers, Steelers, Packers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Have the Patriots now moved on from Brandon Lloyd?

nah the Pats havent moved on from Lloyd. More likely Lloyd is waiting til training camp to see if a team comes a calling after they have some injuries ect. and he can get a better contract. Also one correction, the Pats do not have an offer out on Sanders. And although the WR roster appears to be getting full, its getting full with marginal camp bodies not playmakers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Yes, they've moved on. Lloyd ran a lot of Moss routes last year, why not just sign Moss back up. At least we know he loves Tommy and BB and wants to be a member of the Pats. Lloyd was tough in the locker-room, I heard. He was too reclusive for the Pats liking. 

Lloyd ran a ton of come back, dig, curl and go routes, he rarely, if ever, ran any crossing patterns. That's all Moss did in San Fran as well, and at least Moss can still run a 4.40 with fantastic hands and has great length. Lloyd was slower, shorter, dropped deep balls and less in sync with Tom. 

Gimme Moss on a 1 year 1 million + incentives over Brandon Lloyd. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Moss not coming back

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I haven't seen anywhere where the pats have put an offer sheet out to sanders and Pitt. I don't think they will either. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I still think Lloyd will be back, but could be wrong...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Action-Jackson. Show Action-Jackson's posts

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

the longer Lloyd remains a FA the greater the odds he comes back to NE, IMO.

I hope because there is no guarantee that Jones and Jenkins even make the team.  I would hate that to be the case and then look back on how they could still have had Lloyd.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

If he's not been snagged by now, it means other teams have read the message BB sent. he's not a game changer, and don't waste you're money.

I don't see Lloyd back, as some one else suggested I'd rather have Moss back as a #4

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Lloyd may very well be back.  I think BB is waiting until he can get back at his price.

One possibility re: Sanders - BB is simply waiting as long as he can before formally making the offer to limit what Pitt can do.  Can't remember where I read that but it did seem to make sense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Yes, they've moved on. Lloyd ran a lot of Moss routes last year, why not just sign Moss back up. At least we know he loves Tommy and BB and wants to be a member of the Pats. Lloyd was tough in the locker-room, I heard. He was too reclusive for the Pats liking. 

Lloyd ran a ton of come back, dig, curl and go routes, he rarely, if ever, ran any crossing patterns. That's all Moss did in San Fran as well, and at least Moss can still run a 4.40 with fantastic hands and has great length. Lloyd was slower, shorter, dropped deep balls and less in sync with Tom. 

Gimme Moss on a 1 year 1 million + incentives over Brandon Lloyd. 

I believe Moss can run a 4.4 30, but a 4.4 40? Not so much.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

I don't see Lloyd back, as some one else suggested I'd rather have Moss back as a #4

Interesting thought.  Would you have picked up Moss over Jenkins?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'm starting to think they'll take Lloyd back only if they can't find anyone better in the draft.  If he's still available once camp starts, maybe they'll bring him in then.  

I also think there's a real possibility that Lloyd may also not want to come back.  He came cheap last year and then lost his roster bonus and higher salary this year.  Maybe he's thinking coming back to the Pats isn't his best financial move. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

I'm afraid Moss and Lloyd both have too much baggage with the team to be good pick ups anymore.  I think we need people with fresh attitudes who aren't going to be re-playing old tapes. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

I really don't think the Pats end up signing an offer for Sanders - two things work against it.

1. Sanders is an RFA right now - next year he is a UFA and if he sticks with the Steelers he is going to get a lot of the Wallace production so his value is going up next year. He will only sign either a 1 yr deal or a very good longer term deal (6+M/yr I suspect.)

2. I don't see the Pats committing a whole lot of money long term to Sanders this year, so they are looking at the one year option. Whatever the Pats offer, it costs the Steelers $1M less in Cap charge to match it (as they already have committed that money to him.) In order to make it hard for them to match, the 1 yr deal has to probably be around 4+M - which uses up most of the rest of the Pats available cap (about 6M after accounting for reserve and rookies.) And they also lose their 3rd round pick. Just not sure Sanders has shown enough so far in his career to be worth that kind cost on a 1 yr rental.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I don't think the Patriots are anywhere near done at receiver. There are some good receivers that will go into the 2nd and 3rd round that can make an impact. Belichick has only started putting the team together, theres more to come.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Wouldn't you? I remember a day when you loved TFB to Moss

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Wouldn't you? I remember a day when you loved TFB to Moss

Of course I would.  He burned the Pats on a TD last season.