have the PATS ever had a run like this BRUINS one?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: have the PATS ever had a run like this BRUINS one?

no never, esp not 2001. Troll.

"Giggedy, Giggedy!"

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I wasn't able to watch it last night but when I checked in on it and seen the score was 5-1, I was simply amazed!  A sweep is certainly possible.  Bruins seem to be playing at a very high level.  Game 1 it looked like they were having a very easy time out there.  I assume by the score game 2 was the same?

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Whose Rusk? LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Switch the teams and go back 10 years ago and this is what the Bruins fans were saying. Bruins are on a good run but the Pats won 3 in 4 years. The Celts had even a better run. Heck even the Sox had a similar (though just shy of a hundred years ago) but the Bruins have yet to have that kind of a run yet. They do have a good young core and have a chance to make a run at it but they still haven't put together championship runs like the other 3 have yet. 

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Switch the teams and go back 10 years ago and this is what the Bruins fans were saying. Bruins are on a good run but the Pats won 3 in 4 years. The Celts had even a better run. Heck even the Sox had a similar (though just shy of a hundred years ago) but the Bruins have yet to have that kind of a run yet. They do have a good young core and have a chance to make a run at it but they still haven't put together championship runs like the other 3 have yet. 

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

was simply comparing this out of nowhere ring run not the era or period! clearly pats and bruins are at a different level! obviously its Rask not rusk (typo).. tuuka!

It's Tuukka 2 u's 2 k's.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattC05. Show MattC05's posts

If you're talking about coming out of nowhere to go on a great playoff run... duh, 2001.

If you're talking about complete domination against GOOD teams, the 2004 run was pretty amazing:

Divisional round: Hold the #1 scoring offense in the NFL (The Colts, #2 in yardage) to just THREE points en route to a 20-3 victory.  The fewest points Indy scored in any other game that season was 20 (excluding when they rested their starters in Week 17, and scored 14).

Conference round: Face the #1 defensive team in the NFL (The Steelers, both scoring AND yardage) and rack up FORTY ONE points in 41-27 victory.  The Steelers had given up no more than 30 in any game, and more than 24 only twice all season.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to Dusty Bottoms' comment:

Pats formed a dynasty and did so in incredible fashion starting in 2001, so no, Mr. Troll. Also, Jagr has sucked so far until last night. Bout time he played a complete game and actually back checked. He miraculously kept his turnovers to a minimum, too. 

The Bruins, meanwhile, have an owner who is notoriously cheap, spearheaded numerous lockouts and still were an embarrassment off the 2004/2005 lockout. 

However, since winning the Cup in 2011, they've proven to have modeled themselves after how the Pats, especially BB, runs a team.  Chiarelli has no doubt taken cues from how BB handles things from a financial perspective. The infrastructure and accountability elements with guys like Don Sweeney and obviously Cam Neely have made an enormous difference as well.

This goes right on down to the slogans they have hanging in the B's locker room. Has BB and the Pats approach written all over it.

So, until the B's form a dynasty, the answer is no.   The only other possibilities would be if Orr didn't lose the use of his one leg and didn't fade in the late 70s, because one can only wonder what a Bourque/Orr duo would have meant in the late 70s or early 80s.

Prior to that, the B's won the '70 and '72 CUps but ran into a hot Dryden in the '71 playoffs, so they never really formed a true dynasty.

Decades prior in the late 1930s and early 1940s, the Bruins were poised to win a handful of Cups in my opinion with LOADED teams, but this thing called WWII occurred and it was disrupted.

It is impossible to say Chiarelli model anything off of BB other than striking out on some veterans. The NHL has a minor league system and guarrentted contracts. The Bruins have been build on tons of young really good players, the Patriots on TB's arm. They are very different situations.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"was simply comparing this out of nowhere ring run"

Not out of nowhere...hockey always has unpredictable playoffs, you have to know the sport. Many lower seeded teams get hot. I wasn't expecting this level of beat down on the Penguins, but this is a bad matchup for them and they have not been mentally tough either. 

From a talent angle this is not that one sided, the Bruins have a ton of talent also. 

And - is it ok if I wait and place the Bruins run in historical perspective after their season is over. 

If the Penguins come back and win the series you're going to look really ridiculous. I don't expect that to happen but you're getting worked up too soon. 

As for the Pats, in 2007 you will recall they made it to the championship round undefeated. That's more impressive than what the Bruins have done this year - to this point anyhow, which is where you have made your comparison.

Comparing the Bruins to early Pats teams doesn't make sense, the Bruins won a cup not that long ago. They are a very good, well coached team. This isn't some huge shocker. It is a bit surprising the Penguins have been so mentally weak.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

From 2001-2005, the Patriots won 10 playoff games in a row, including 3 Super Bowls. The answer is yes.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts