have the pats lossed the edge in the afc east moving forward?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

have the pats lossed the edge in the afc east moving forward?

there are many positions needed on the team.and possibly not many good free agents will be available.the draft is good,but wont help them this year.add welkers injury,and it leaves us moss.after moss we have???we could possibly lose banta cain,bodden and a few others in the free agency.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/18414/jets-in-better-super-bowl-shape-than-pats

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: have the pats lossed the edge in the afc east moving forward?

I think as long as Brady is here we are the class of the division.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

As Sam Adams said, it depends on this off-season moves / draft.  They need to make a plunge in the FA market and make moves anyway they can (example: Welker & Moss)....We'll see.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

The Bills, Jets and Miami all need to develop a quaterback and that takes years.  

The Pats need a pass rush and even a rookie can come in and help right away.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: have the pats lossed the edge in the afc east moving forward?:
    they won the division on a rebuild year.
    Posted by Sam-Adams

not to shabby for a rebuild year

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

If the Pats want to continue to run a spread offense without seriously picking up quality WR's, then  yes they have lost their edge.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheFantasyBaron. Show TheFantasyBaron's posts

In Response to have the pats lossed the edge in the afc east moving forward?:
    there are many positions needed on the team.and possibly not many good free agents will be available.the draft is good,but wont help them this year.add welkers injury,and it leaves us moss.after moss we have???we could possibly lose banta cain,bodden and a few others in the free agency. http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/18414/jets-in-better-super-bowl-shape-than-pats
    Posted by mosseffect43

Hi, I wouldn't jump on the Jets bandwagon too soon. Lets not forget about their 40-50 year SB drought or whatever it is. This is a passing league and the Jets defend the pass very well. They don't however have an elite passing offense and so they're not SB favorites by any stretch. I was in the second game in Foxboro last November and that team showed me absolutely nothing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

In Response to Re: have the pats lossed the edge in the afc east moving forward?:
    If the Pats want to continue to run a spread offense without seriously picking up quality WR's, then  yes they have lost their edge.
    Posted by BBRULES23

Seriously picking up quality WR's?  Welker, Moss and Edleman are not quality WR's?  Who were the quality WR's that the Pats had when they qon the Superbowls?

Too many people are placing too much emphasis on the #3 WR spot....that is not a major problem with this team.....trust me. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

Plenty of offseason to go before we can say that someone has jumped ahead of the Pats in the east. Not a big believer in the Jets seems like after a good season they come crashing down to 4-12 the next year. Dolphins will be in the hunt next year but no way a clear cut favorite. Bills are the Bills and are starting over again. The Pats just need to make some solid offseason moves and draft picks. We still have a lot of talent on this team just need to bring in some missing pieces on both sides of the ball and they'll do fine.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Plenty of offseason to go before we can say that someone has jumped ahead of the Pats in the east. Not a big believer in the Jets seems like after a good season they come crashing down to 4-12 the next year. Dolphins will be in the hunt next year but no way a clear cut favorite. Bills are the Bills and are starting over again. The Pats just need to make some solid offseason moves and draft picks. We still have a lot of talent on this team just need to bring in some missing pieces on both sides of the ball and they'll do fine.
    Posted by Wizardsjag

Also, the Jests can't sign a top flight Free Agent unless they lose one of equal value.....but the Pats can without losing anyone.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I think it's silly to debate with a person who would ask if someone has "lossed the edge".  But the answer is NO.  It hasn't been "loosed" "losted" or "loste" either.  Last year, we stepped out and won the division.  Year before, we almost won it playing a backup QB.  Year before that, we didn't "lossed" a game at all in the regular season.  Doesn't reek of future failure as far as I can tell.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Well, they missed the playoffs in 2008 and barely hung on to win their divsion even though the Jets fared better in their post season. They haven't swept the Jets or Miami since 2007 and were downright lucky to beat Buffalo at home in 2009. So to answer your question, yes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

davedsone-I also stated moveing forward.other words in the future.the past is the past.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

sam-i agree it depends on what they do this off-season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

sorry fantasy-just because i ask a question dosent mean there is a jumping of a bandwagon.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Well, they missed the playoffs in 2008 and barely hung on to win their divsion even though the Jets fared better in their post season. They haven't swept the Jets or Miami since 2007 and were downright lucky to beat Buffalo at home in 2009. So to answer your question, yes.
    Posted by CubanPete

Let me re-fresh your memory.....BRADY WAS OUT FOR THE WHOLE YEAR!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBRULES23. Show BBRULES23's posts

In Response to Re: have the pats lossed the edge in the afc east moving forward? : Seriously picking up quality WR's?  Welker, Moss and Edleman are not quality WR's?  Who were the quality WR's that the Pats had when they qon the Superbowls? Too many people are placing too much emphasis on the #3 WR spot....that is not a major problem with this team.....trust me. 
    Posted by m1021us

Jabar Gaffney was a quality WR and the Pats had zero excuse for letting him walk.  He wasn't going to get big money and should have been locked up for years.  Edleman is a nice player, but he's pretty much a backup for Welker in the Slot.  Welker is one of my favorite players, but he and Edleman are both products of a system featuring Randy M. and Tom Brady.  Randy is getting up their in age, he's tough but his career is now officially on the downside.  And with Welker on injured for who knows how long, you can hardly say these team is fine at WR.  Filling the WR position just requires the Pats to trade and pay up.  Going cheap with players like Galloway or strictly special team players like Aiken will eventually lead to disaster.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Question: How many times have the Patriots gone undefeated in the AFC East?

Answer: Once!

AFC east games are always difficult. We rarely win in Miami and Buffalo plays us tough even though they haven't beaten us in a while.

Here is the Pats record in the Belichick era, division record in parenthesis:

2009 10-6 (4-2 1st)
    2008 11-5 (4-2 1st) lost tiebreaker
    2007 16-0 (6-0 1st)
    2006 12-4 (4-2 1st)
    2005 10-6 (5-1 1st)
    2004 14-2 (5-1 1st)
    2003 14-2 (5-1 1st)
    2002  9-7 (4-2 1st) lost tiebreaker
    2001 11-5 (6-2 1st)
    2000 5-11 (2-6 5th)

I don't see a losing trend yet.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

well next season wont be a good start for the team.wilforks contract.possibly being tagged.he wont be happy.welker is injured,he could miss the whole season,and at least half.now we have moss starting to act like the moss of old.with the in between the lines comment.add the other areas of the team that is needed.and it dosent look good.i hate to say it,but if moss will become a problem the team should trade him now,and try and get something for him,and i will have to change my name on here.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/02/20/moss-says-he-thinks-2010-will-be-his-last-year-in-new-england/

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

What Randy really wanted to say was "I'm looking for one last big pay day before I retire."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

Yes we have. the puraids over.   :o(

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stompper. Show Stompper's posts

I dont know about losing the edge because that to me relies on attitude. I would see the Dolphins moving up before the Jets. Keep your eyes on what Parcels does in the draft to see where they are headed, Parcels is very good at building teams.
    I hate waiting until the draft!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Well, we've lost something.  No veteran leadership hurts.  Let's face facts.  This was bound to happen.  The good thing is we have Brady to help bridge over to the new generation of players.  We will be competitive. 

We do have holes and we do have contracts in question.  For us fans it's a waiting process that is often tested by the sports writers who seem to love controversy more than the sport they cover.  We have to wait until the end of February to see about contract status.  We wait until mid-March about any significant FA signings and then the draft at the end of April to see what holes we fill. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Crazy things are happening in the NFL with the uncapped season. 

An uncapped season means, whoever spends the most money has the most chance of winning.  Think Yankees, except only for one year.  (What a permanent uncapped state would do to the game of football in the long run, I dread to think about it).

What are average teams doing about the uncapped season?  They're tossing vets like Joey Porter of the Dolphins, who was accidentally tossed two weeks early, then declared to be an oops.  The Dolphins can't legally toss Porter until March 1, and on March 5 his bonus is due, so expect Porter to hit the road the week after next. 

Now imagine that they're all getting thrown out from Miami to San Diego to Green Bay.  Where do all the free agents go?  They mostly can't go to the final 8 teams, and they usually don't want to go to the Oakland Raiders.  They're usually looking for a contender.

The Patriots are a contender.  They are profitable, they charge record high ticket prices because they can, and more wins brings more profits to the Krafts because the franchise has spread into a nearby shopping center, hotel, theme bar...  In an uncapped year, the Pats will plunk down the money. 

The Buffalo Bills will retrench and play with JAGs if they have to.  Buffalo is a lousy market for profitability.  The fans fear the team is going to desert to Toronto.  Miami has already indicated their willingness to discard vets next year.  The New York Jets at least share a major market with the Giants, but they're in the final 8 this year and can't spend freely on free agents.

So that leaves BB, Tom Brady and the Krafts outspending the entire rest of the division combined.  Just a guess that half of the many free agents will be on their knees on the Gillette Stadium parking lot begging for a job.  Potent combo.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

the dolphins are going to be better next year with the assumption they find a WR and with ronnie and ricky coming back...i expect that offense to be really good...the defense will be much better with will "dui" allen coming back and any kind of safety play whatsoever(which was severely lacking in 09)...

and i guess the jets are ok too...should be a dogfight til the end next year but to answer this question....yes, the pats have lost their handle on the AFC east...they may still win a division title or two while brady remains...but belichick is not a good coach and without brady he is borderline bad